New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Epic Destinies Campaign.

initiave (1d20+7)[15]Drelignor notices shal walking up and instantly becomes invisible himself, moves 10 feet to his left and readies a spell depending on Shal's next action.

2. - Top - End - #62

Sreth

Sreth walks over and takes a pair of boots. He finds a chair and slips them on.

When the man appears in the corner and dissappears again, Sreth says "Delgum, is that one still here?
    Yes, he is right over there.
    Really, well I hate to waste magics.

Who ever you are that just stepped out and dissappeared again, Please introduce yourself or I will destroy you.
    Sreth says loudly and clearly, the edge on his voice is a little dangerous.

Intimidate (1d20+23)[43]
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

Agnimia speaks up. "Stop this right now." "This is one of the original contacts." "But I presumed him to be dead." "I don't know why,he tried to sneak up on us,or what his true intentions are." "But we have assassins,on our tails." "The enemy is playing mind games and they have control of a Sphere of Annihilation." "This is not the time for trickery." "Use your abilities,on the enemy."

4. - Top - End - #64

Agnimia places a gem,in a groove,in the center of her adamantine breastplate. It fits perfectly,the whole room is radiated in aqua marine color. Light shimmers and everything becomes crystal clear. "She says now everyone can see each other." "It will remain that way,she says in a sharp tone."

5. - Top - End - #65

Sreth

Sreth steps back, his demeanor returning to a less threatening level. My apologies. Anyone who suddenly appears steals a pair of boots and then dissappears again is a threat. In this environment, any threat needs to dealt with swiftly and with extreme prejudice.

6. - Top - End - #66

DrowGuy

The maguses invisibility dropps and he adopts a less threatening stance. I merely took precautions, incase this man's actions became threatening. That does not mean that I'm proud of becoming hostile toward one that you have invited.

7. - Top - End - #67

Sreth

Turning to look at the boots he says under his breath Fetch me a pair of those boots. A moment later a pair of the boots come floating to his hands. He then steps back to a chair and dons a pair of the boots, sliding them over the existing boots in his armor. He stands and looks at the others I am ready.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I am Shal Nightlover," he says from his seat. "I was only invisible because I thought those two at the front might have needed a bit of a lesson. Those spheres almost took me out though."

Shal laughs and stands up, sheathing his swords. "I mean no harm to any of you. I was invited just as all of you were. Let me ask again, when do we leave?"

9. - Top - End - #69

Another raised eyebrow. "Well, more useful skills shown off... It is easier to just tell peoiple, though."

Kaelis breaks into a smile. "Welcome to the group. I am not sure when we will leave- that depends on any preparations the casters need to make.

"On the previous topic of flight- you say teleportation beats it, but that's not necessarily true. Teleportation can be useful if you just need to get omewhere- through a castle wall, for example- but it's much more difficult to use it to drop things on people, which flight lets one do with impunity, if sensible precautions are taken."
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

10. - Top - End - #70

"Agnimia says we go as soon as the General is ready." "His gods have just contacted him." "We are worried about demon activity,in the realm of stairs." "We are collecting our thoughts and coming up with strategy." "We will all see action soon enough."

11. - Top - End - #71

Tethys nods towards the latest arrival. "Can never have too many allies; welcome."

"Flight does indeed have some advantages over teleportation. I possess some short-range teleportation ability--very short range, but."

"I am read to go at any time."

12. - Top - End - #72

Anya looks almost as though daydreaming throughout the confrontation, and keeps quiet. She is aware of everything, but merely refraining from acting. Might as well wait until something actually breaks out, she feels.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

On account of the invisibility revealing effect laced into her armour - into her, in fact - Azariah watches the man sneak his way into the middle of the room, and then face off in an elaborate combat dance with the mage, each one moving with incredible stealth, agility and precision, despite the fact that they are standing in plain sight in the middle of the room. She stands, squinting at the weird scene.

It gets even stranger when Sreth refers to someone who 'just stepped out and dissappeared again'; well, obviously it couldn't be anyone who she was aware of, except this strange man who thought noone could see him; she tenses up, looking for some unseen assassin who has snuck up behind her, worried that her sense failed to notify her of this presence.

When she sees the ring slipping off Shal's figure, however, she relaxes. So that was it.

14. - Top - End - #74

"Agnimia says now if you will all follow me." "She describes The Realm of The Stairs." "Stairs,landings and doorways to the uknown." "Stretching to every plane in existance." "Staircases reach in all directions and in all orientations:up,down,left,right,upside down and even bending back upon itself." "The stairs are often constructed of wood,brick or stone." "Some of the landings are only big enough,for a single door and one or two adjoining stairs." "Others are so large,that they stretch away into the haze."
    Last edited by wayland; 2008-05-16 at 06:48 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Kaelis follows Agnimia wherever she leads, keeping an eye out for any hidden dangers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action to swap Motivate Dexterity to Motivate Wisdom, giving +12 (I think I got it wrong before...) to Wis checks and Wis-based skill checks (including Spot and Listen).
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Azariah fumbles about in her pack for a short time, until she draws out a long trinitite rod, capped with shining metal bands.

Just a moment, please; I believe that some forms of minor assistance may be popular to you all -

She concentrates for a few seconds, and, with eyes closed, waves the rod over the assembled group, causing, at a microscopic level, the forces of physical and metaphysical friction in armour and clothing to lessen just slightly, and, at a more familiar level, your mail to become utterly smooth, and slightly pricklingly charged, as if with static. It is not a particularly comfortable feeling.

- that should prevent many ... impediments on our travel, and this -

A gesture with an unoccupied hand from under her cloak - a third hand, you note - waves in your general direction, creating a feeling of security and safety.

- this, well, we're headed to the sodding plane of fire, aren't we. Anyway, lead on, Kaelis.

Spoiler
    Show
    The first of the two spells is an extended greater armour enhancement, giving a 'freedom' effect, as the spell. It lasts 420 (2x21x10) minutes; that's 7 hours. I am also chaining it to all present, including the various intelligent items, and my Homunculus, using my Lesser Rod of Chaining.

The second of my two spells is a chained energy immunity (have a guess to what element ... yes, it's fire) cast out of my schema of such. Since its DC (47) is less than my UMD skill (24 (ranks) + 24 (item familiar skill ranks, by default used on UMD) + 4 (Cha), I won't roll. For the next 24 hours, you're all immune to fire. Whee!

17. - Top - End - #77

Anya blinks, surprised by the feeling in her armor.

"Quite amazing." She says. "I am rather glad to have such a thoughtful and potent companion around."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

One does what one can, Anya, although I am sure that your skill at arms will soon prove most valuable. If prior experience of clearing out the towers of archmages on the plane of fire is anything to go by, at least.

19. - Top - End - #79

Tethys follows. "Ah, thank you for the... aid. It is most appreciated."

20. - Top - End - #80

DrowGuy

Thank you for your assistance. Agnimia, has anyone attempted to scrye for Reginald on your behalf? I could make the attempt if you like. Also, if the scrying is successful I might be able to transport the group right there and shorten the journey. Drelignor doesn't appear to be complaining, rather offering a suggestion.

OOC I don't know if the staircase is common knowledge, but this is how much Drelignor knows (1d20+25)[34]
    Last edited by elonin; 2008-05-16 at 05:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

"Agnimia replies to Drelignor." "Yes the Gleaners have tried unsucessfully,both scrying and teleporting there directly." "Apparently Kerleth put up wards,preventing such probing eyes and instant intrusion."

22. - Top - End - #82

After a short walk you arrive at the gateway,to the Realm of Stairs. "Agnimia says certain spells will not work,once we enter inside the stair gateway." "I'm sorry to say Dimension Door,Dimensional Anchor and Dimensional Lock." "No one knows why." "Some spells work,others just fizzle out." "Sorry guys I guess it's trial by error."

23. - Top - End - #83

"Alright," Anya says, "I shall then refrain from using my own teleportation skills. Though that would mean if we meet powerful enemies, we are the mercy of their blades, or our own feet."

24. - Top - End - #84

Sreth

Once everyone is outside the inn, Sreth remounts his phantom steed and follows everyone else along Thank you much Ms. Azariah, surely your talents will be peerless and needed on this adventure.

Once at the gate he dismounts and waits for the General to lead the way through.

25. - Top - End - #85

Agnimia reveals some type of necklace around her neck. She pulls two crystal like teardrops from the necklace. "She says everybody standback." Patiently she waits as everyone moves out of the way. She smashes the crystals to the ground. An impossible amount of mist,rises up from the ground. When the mist clears. Two large Siberian Sabre Tooth Tigers are revealed. They are ten feet long and weigh in at a 1,000 pounds each. With black stripes and white fur. Piercing blue Eyes and murderous fangs. They both roar loudly. They reckognize Agnimia right away,nuzzling up against her and begin purring. "She pets them and says we need your help my friends." They nod their heads in acknowledgement. "These are my friends and loyal companions." "I rescued them a while back." "They shall act as are front scouts or rear guards." She pulls out map scroll case and unrolls a map. "Let us proceed on." She enters the gateway leaving union behind,taking one of the twelve stairways. The tigers eagerly follow her lead.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, they're lovely ... what are their names, Agnimia?

Azariah, who, at this point, is walking approximately four feet above the ground, reaches hesitantly down to the two tigers. She recoils - as a being who is not technically alive, they do not perceive her as a living thing, and so do not react kindly to her.

She carries herself, on a current of invisible force, forward by a few dozen paces, taking an inquisitive look at the stairs ahead. Having done this, her attitude changes - a slight tensing of the shoulders, a worried toying with the blank, reflective metal patches under her wrists - and she goes a little further - moving out of sight for a few seconds, before returning. She radiates almost palpable unease, looking back and forth, closely scanning the group for anything, or anyone, who was not there before.

Something ... something is badly wrong.

Upon returning to the protective huddle that is the various magi, practitioners of the sublime way, and blade wielders, she regains a little composure.

There is something very odd about the stairs her - Nefestus, you will back me up on this - notice that we are the only ones on this part of the Infinite Staircase. Alone.

At such an important planar gate as this, we should be seeing lillendi, the art-avatars who are appointed to guard these landings, all over this place; possibly even one of Sune's Hebdomad of Shards. But do we see their flame and moonlight? I don't, for one. Something must have driven them off. I suggest that we take Kaelis' patrons warnings of demonic activity seriously; something lies ahead.

27. - Top - End - #87

"Agnimia whispers soothing words into the tigers ears." "It's okay these are my allies." "This is Grace and Lial." "They are female and male mates." "Suddenly Grace and lial tense up." "They began growling." "Agnimia pulls two more beads,from her necklace." "She lies a bead on each one of their foreheads." "They begin to melt and turn into a liquid like coat. "The coat begins to hardened into red barding." "Agnimia than unsheathes her two longswords." "She speaks to Azariah,you are right there is something on the other side of that doorway." "General prepare for battle."

28. - Top - End - #88

DrowGuy

Drelignor flies to an area where he can see the door without being directly in front of it and pulls out a glass eye, then begins moving his hands in symbolic gestures and intoning gutterally. Those who know the meaning of his movements know that he has cast clarvoyance. He places the fake eye in front of his right eye apparently looking into the crystal. If the clarvoyance spell workes the sensor is just beyond the door facing into the room.

29. - Top - End - #89

"That is indeed peculiar." Anya says to Azariah, "But if something has indeed driven off every person that normally graces this area...then it must be something of rather terrible power."

30. - Top - End - #90

Sreth

Mounted on his phantom steed he quickly wheels his mount in a tight spiral rising to nearly 50 feet up and back from the gate. As he climbs he casts snaps off a spell, armor clanking as he goes. A pale blue field surrounds the Warmage, as well as a shining green grid that springs out from the staff. both fading after a moment. Sreth calls down Nearly perfect vantage from up here for blasting. Do not worry I am trained in making sure my allies stay alive. He then draws a twisted rod from his belt, watching and waiting.

Spoiler
    Show

AC:41 (AC 46 and DR 10/- for ranged attacks)
    HP: 234
    Active Effects:
    -Mind Blank
    -Phantom Steed
    -Magic Vestment on Shield
    -Unseen Servant (1st level)
    EDIT - Energy Immunity- Fire
    EDIT- Energy Resistance : Fire 30
    -120 ft Darkvision, Blindsense 30ft

Casting Protection from Arrows (CL9) from cloak Duration 9 hours/90hp
    Have Staff active Magic Circle vs. Chaos
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-05-17 at 12:35 PM.