New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Destinies Campaign.

And that was entirely unexpected. Tethys stared as the foes retreated. That was... less combat than expected.

"Arikel? Hey! Been awhile!" She float over towards the woman. "We've been doing fine. You?" The red-haired woman opened her arms for a hug.

2. - Top - End - #152

Anya blinks in confusion at the very abrupt entries and departures. She remains quiet, and perplexed.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Azariah watches as the pair melt away. She is beginning to be a little frustrated by these comings and goings.

Two infernals. As if our splendid run of good fortune couldn't get any better.

She turns to the new arrival, and looks puzzled -

You know each other? How? I apologise for my suspicion, but, well, the current parade of nether-plane gentlemen who have been making attempts on our live, I hope you understand.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Drelignor watches the turn of events also looking at the new arrival. Tethys I presume introductions are in order?

5. - Top - End - #155

Kaelis watches the Infernals' disappearance in open amazement.

"Gods, I honestly believe someone is playing with us. This is the second time today we have met with apparently overwhelming odds only to see them destroyed by judicious use of artifacts... I don't believe my patrons would resort to that sort of strategy- they honestly want to test me, as far as I know, and I'm sure they would not lie to me- from prior knowledge of their personalities, mainly." He smiles, then frowns again. "Which all suggests there is another interested party."
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Halfling in the Playground

Sorry but I have a hernia and most likely I will have to have surgery. This will delay our game for a while. I'm not giving up and I still want to dm this game. As a note there will be no new players. If you have any questions or concerns,please leave me an email at [email protected] I will get back to you as soon as possible. You all get 14,080 xp for befriending the dragon. Alpha you get the same for driving the Infernals away temporary.

I'm sorry for any inconvienence my surgery may cause or delay this game. I hope you all understand and will be patient with me.

7. - Top - End - #157

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course way, I'm sure everyone understands. Good luck with your surgery and I hope you recover from it cleanly.

8. - Top - End - #158

Spoiler
    Show
    Good luck, and I hope you get better soon.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

9. - Top - End - #159

Ok guys it's a strained groin muscle,instead of a hernia. But the DR says keep an eye on it. So I should be able to DM. Thanks for all your concerns. So we should be able,to continue playing. Now if you guys have any questions for the dragon. Ask away.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hooray! Wayland's back! Good to hear that it's better than thought, but don't overstrain yourself.

Etiol; we are feeling (I think that I can speak for all of us), to be honest, that we are in the dark, and surrounded by diverse powerful entities who are waging a war over our heads. Could you enlighten us somewhat as to what is going on? What is in the tower, that Agnimia's brother was looking for, that everyone wants so much?

11. - Top - End - #161

DrowGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Also glad that the prognosis is less serious than first thought

Yes, We are all intrested in further knowledge about the events conspiring about us. Also, if I may ask, how did you become involved in these events?

12. - Top - End - #162

"Are Gods involved, or is it deeper than that? I am sorry to add another on top of the load of questions we have dropped so suddenly, but I would like to know if my patrons knew this would happen. If they did, it is a test- if not, we are in quite serious trouble."

Glancing round the semi-legendary group of arcanists and swordmasters, he adds, "Nothing we can't handle, I should think..."

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate Scribe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hooray! Wayland's back! Good to hear that it's better than thought, but don't overstrain yourself.

Etiol; we are feeling (I think that I can speak for all of us), to be honest, that we are in the dark, and surrounded by diverse powerful entities who are waging a war over our heads. Could you enlighten us somewhat as to what is going on? What is in the tower, that Agnimia's brother was looking for, that everyone wants so much?
    "The powerful entities that you speak of our indeed the two infernals. Under their leadership they have united all the Demons and Devils on one side."

"Apparently there was some type of Spy Eye,that had discovered what they were doing."

"The two Infernals wanted to wipe out,anyone associated with that."

"Agnimia brother Regalid,has somehow gotten hold of that list,with all of the names of those involved,with this spy eye."

"Regalid is the only one,that knows the location of this list."

"One of your names is on this list." "Since you are all associated with this person on the list,you are all targets."

"No one knows the name of this individual."

"Apparently the person on this list,wanted some type of record made of his past."

"The person that was entrusted with this record,destroyed it and purged it from his memory. "He was tortured to death,by the two infernals,but revealed nothing."

"They are using you as pawns to rescue Regalid." "So that they may torture him and find this list."

"The two infernals know that one of your names in on that list." "They just don't know which one."

"This is all I know,I hope it helps you all out in someway."

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by MorkaisChosen View Post
    "Are Gods involved, or is it deeper than that? I am sorry to add another on top of the load of questions we have dropped so suddenly, but I would like to know if my patrons knew this would happen. If they did, it is a test- if not, we are in quite serious trouble."

Glancing round the semi-legendary group of arcanists and swordmasters, he adds, "Nothing we can't handle, I should think..."
    "I don't know anything about your patrons,involvement in this." "Maybe you should ask them."

"But I would be careful,how you question them."

"I know this from personal experience."

15. - Top - End - #165

The General smiles again. "Oh, I know they can be... a little touchy, at times. I do tend to avoid angering them, of course."

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by elonin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also glad that the prognosis is less serious than first thought

Yes, We are all intrested in further knowledge about the events conspiring about us. Also, if I may ask, how did you become involved in these events?
    "I am a pawn in this,just like all of you."

"That is the reason they wanted you all to take me out."

"Because I know to much,being associated with Tiamat."

"Until I became an outcast that is."

"I know that there are wards on this tower preventing the Infernals from entering this tower."

" I thought about attacking all of you,but I wanted revenge on the two Infrenals. They are responsible for me being an outcast."

"Kereleth promised me revenge if I were to guard his tower. But now he has gone missing."

"The reason I keep calling them Infernals,is because no one knows their real names."

" I don't know what lies inside this tower."

"I wish I could be of more help,but this is all I know."

17. - Top - End - #167

"Thank you Etiol. That is far more than we could have ever hoped to learn. You have shed much light on our predicament." Anya says. "But I am extremely worried. Abominations such as Infernals are very few. For two to meet and share goals, and unite the long-feuding fiends to one cause...this is extremely dire. It makes me feel so small in comparison. Is our power enough to stop these events now set into motion?

18. - Top - End - #168

"Worse, what could ward against them...?" Kaelis replies, frowning, and turns to the Dragon, adding, "Could you shed any light on that?"

19. - Top - End - #169

"Worse, what could ward against them...?" Kaelis replies, frowning, and turns to the Dragon, adding, "Could you shed any light on that?"
    "I think Kerleth had something to do with the spy eye."

"The Gleaners owed him a favor. So they helped him put up a powerful ward,to prevent the Infernals from entering his tower."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Azariah visibly blanches - and, for someone with chromed skin, that is some feat.

The ... they've called a truce on the Blood War?

Feeling a little woozy, she sits down, and rubs her temples.

So ... we're dealing with the Infernals. They ... they are known for being fiercely independent from the Nine of Baator - although they are lesser in power, they are possessed of one significant advantage - their spark of divine power. As such, those lords - especially Asmodeus of Nessus himself - fear them, as godhood is denied them by the terms of the Pact Primeval. I would suspect, in this action, a third party - the Yugoloths.

Growing in certainty, the construct begins to return in fortitude, as well. She stands up, and begins pacing, talking more quickly and lucidly than you have yet seen her before.

They have consistently desired the union of the Hells and the Abyss, and would stop at nothing to get it - I'd assume that they had some hand in this affair, as such.

Because of this, we have three needs:

• Extract Regalid. This is, at present, something that the pair of Infernals do not want us to do. As such, I would say, it would be a good idea. While they are known for their trickery, appearing in person seems to be a desperate gambit.
    • Escape with Regalid. While he is in the tower, the ward will protect him from demonic intrusion (although not from would-be pawns); once we get him out, however, he will be vulnerable. A safe house, somewhere protected, is what we need. For obvious reasons, Sigil and Union are out, these Infernals seem unimpeded wandering about in the vicinity of the City of Brass, and the Githyanki, well, they don't take kindly to strangers. We can travel fairly safely via the Shadow Plane, but we still will need somewhere to consolidate.
    • Strike back. I, to be honest, worry about this - a Devil/Demon army would be near unstoppable, and, while it is possible, I am loath to attempt a deal with one of the Lords of the Hells to restart hostilities. This issue, however, can wait.

The loquacious trance, if trance it was, ends, and Azariah returns to looking slightly dazed.

Wha ... what was I just saying?

21. - Top - End - #171

Kaenis' eyebrow shoots up, and he replies, "You have quite the incisive strategic mind, my friend, although perhaps you do not know it. You just outlined all the strategic issues we have- and some possible solutions to some, though not all, of them."

He rests his hand on the sceptre and adds, "One you had less success with was the matter of protecting Regalid once he was freed. I think I can help there- I believe the denizens of Celestia may be willing to help us in this respect, given our foes and some of our allies." The last is directed partly at the Herald.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

I know that I'm not strategic, but sometimes ... it just comes upon me. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, I was a little hesitant about suggesting the Seven Vaulting Heavens, myself; it is an all-or-nothing gambit. If we place Regalid there, and the infernals decide not to attack him, then we have indeed safeguarded the information that he holds - that, I am sure, stretches far beyond the extent to which we have assumed, and may include secrets and weakness of these infernals - then we win. The Infernals cannot obtain their information, and so are stymied.

If, however, they move against Celestia in any way, then a disaster would strike; not to impugn the honour of your patrons, but the reason that the devils fight the demons at all is very close to home; Heironeous laid out the Pact Primeval with Asmodeus to keep the demons from the doors of the Heavens; if that is disrupted, then ... well, the destruction would be terrible.

23. - Top - End - #173

"I'm not one to gamble, but I would put in a vote for the Celestials. Right now we are completely bare, and the Infernals can make any move they please. If we were to seek the aid of the Heavens, we would put the fiends in an ill position, at least enough to buy us time. Any other place we might hide buys us no time – we would spend all of it running."

24. - Top - End - #174

DrowGuy

I must have missed some detail about reginald. Do we think that he's being held in the tower? If so that would protect him from the infernals--at least directly. Or do we think that the infernals have him? If that is the case then what protects his mind?

A disheveled looking Drelignor roots through his pack and pulls out a pipe and some tobacco and uses a cantrip to light the contents of his pipe. After drawing a puff and breathing it out he looks visably relaxed.

Are you sure about Demons and Devils being united? They couldn't band together to plan a picnic, without something---or someone powerful enough to make them. Anything that could do that would have to be a deity. And that would provoke all of the gods, who are more or less for the status quo. Would seem to me that they would move to stop such a shift in power.

General, does that synopsis of my understanding sound correct?

Eitol, would that explain your friction with Tiamat? Also, are you prevented from entering the tower.

I'm curious why the heavens are staying out of this?
    Last edited by elonin; 2008-05-25 at 06:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

"We met while I was traveling. Don't be concerned; she's most certainly on our side. I've known her for some time. "

Tethys lets the others ask question, nodding as the answers are received. She's a bit preoccupied with greeting her friend.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for lack of posting; I'll do better from here on out. Glad you're doing okay, Way

26. - Top - End - #176

Sreth

Sreth slowly orbits the group at a small distance keeping watch on the goings on in the area.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

27. - Top - End - #177

"That sounds like a reasonable synopsis, although I would suggest you do not set your mind on a Deity. There are other powerful entities in existence, and, as you say, the Gods would be reluctant to do this sort of thing."

He adds, "Unless I am missing something, the Celestials themselves should be able to kep the Infernals out of their planes- there are several spells which all the Trumpet Archons are capable of casting that would banish them- I was not planning to use them here because, unfortunately, they only work when the caster is on their home plane. Nevertheless, if they are prepared, they should be able to overcome the Infernals- especially if we help, too."

28. - Top - End - #178

DrowGuy

I'm thinking that We've reached a point where questions must be answered. I could reach out to the outer powers and ask some questions that would receive one word responses. The downside to this idea is this attempt will likely be blocked. If you agree with this course of action we should come up with some questions for me to ask."

29. - Top - End - #179

"That sounds like a reasonable synopsis, although I would suggest you do not set your mind on a Deity. There are other powerful entities in existence, and, as you say, the Gods would be reluctant to do this sort of thing."

He adds, "Unless I am missing something, the Celestials themselves should be able to kep the Infernals out of their planes- there are several spells which all the Trumpet Archons are capable of casting that would banish them- I was not planning to use them here because, unfortunately, they only work when the caster is on their home plane. Nevertheless, if they are prepared, they should be able to overcome the Infernals- especially if we help, too."
    You are shocked as your deities appear directly before you.

"The blood wars have indeed ended."

"We caught a glimpse of this,through the spy eye."

"Blind are we if we did not see this coming."

"But we had to be sure,before we made a move."

"The Infernals are preparing for an invasion."

"War is inevitable."

"Certain spells may not work on the Infernals."

"Some how it seems they can't be banished."

"They build immunities to spells cast on them."

"You must clear Kerleth's tower."

"Bring Regalid before us so we may Question him."

"The Infernals are growing in strength and the wards will not hold them back for much longer."

"AS for you Etiol,we wish to Question you further."

30. - Top - End - #180

Kaelis bows his head. "The situation must be dire indeed for you to come here in person. Is there any way we can aid your realms against the invasion? You have commanded us to find Regalid- I am sure we are capable of this, but if there is any other aid I can give, I would be honoured."