New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Strange & Atom Academy for Superpowered Ladies and Gentlemen - Issue 1 - Beginnings

It's almost dawn, September 15th, 2007. Today is the grand day, the day where you take your first steps into Strange & Atom Academy and start learning how to better be heroes, villains, or in some cases, sidekicks. You're still sleeping in your bed when you feel a slight shiver. You open your eyes and get ready to close them when you see him: a man dressed completely in white, with porcelain-like complexion and similarly white hair. He seems to blink for a moment, and then reappears to be hovering slightly above you. He asks with a delighted voice.

"So, you ready to go?"
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Strange & Atom Academy for Superpowered Ladies and Gentlemen - Issue 1 - Beginnin

Corner - Speedster.

I blinked away the drowsiness of the early morning, the sunlight filtering through my dusty blinds casting streaks bars across my half-covered body. As he came into focus... I didn't mind confessing I was very startled, I even jumped up. Then again, when I jumped up... I appeared on the other side of the room. Unfortunately for me... that meant I was standing in front of my bedroom guest wearing nothing but my boxer shorts.

The blush that tinged my cheeks was one of frustration and embarassement as I turned slightly to my side, keeping at eye on the floating man. Slowly I began processing what he had said... a glance to the calender hanging next to a wall full of small hand-drawn comic pages, only confirmed what my head eventually came to.

I sighed and looked back up to the man, "Sorry, sir. I didn't know you would be popping up right in my bedroom." I looked to the closet and say the costume ready for me to slip into... the green and silver looked nice as I pondered it a moment before looking back to the white-suited man, "Just a tick of the clock..." I smiled, my form wavering as I kicked myself into super speed... it felt so natural. I was next to my costume... slipping into it... and standing back into my original position before the second hand of the hub-cap clock above my bed could move over one space.

I fitted the goggles over my eyes, making sure I could see just right as I scooped up my backpack. It only had a couple notebooks, pencils, inkpens... all the casual school needs. I wasn't sure what to expect, neither were my parents. My parents... I cast a glance towards my door. They would probably be knocking in a while.

Shrugging, I turned back to the man, "Ready when you are, sir."

-------------------------------------------------

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not quite sure if this is how you wanted my writing style... but it's either this or Third Person for me.

Also... here is what my character looks like with his costume on. Like I said... I wanted to steal Speed's costume. haha.

Signature by Sneak.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Strange & Atom Academy for Superpowered Ladies and Gentlemen - Issue 1 - Beginnin

"Super-speed in a temporal acceleration zone - that's kind of... speedy. Name is Maxwell Strange. Nice to meet'cha. So, since you're ready already," he chuckles for a moment, then continues, "Which one will it be? The school bus, the train, the limo, or should I just poof you over to the campus grounds?"

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Present tense, not past tense, silly.))
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Corner - Speedster.

Corner smiled, "I go by Corner... at least, for school and stuff, I'd prefer that be the only name people know me by, sir." He looks out to the window for a moment before turning his gaze back to Maxwell, "I suppose I'd rather just be poof'ed on over there. I assume that's some form of teleportation? You said we're in a temporal acceleration zone? Is that what you do? Control Time?" He smiles slightly as he takes a couple steps closer to the man.

Signature by Sneak.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I was sound asleep, but hearing a mysterious voice in my room instantly brings me to full wakefulness. The light bulb in the lamp on my bedside table blackens and shatters as a bolt of lightning arcs from the light, to me, then in the general direction of the white clad stranger. Unfortunately, I was groggier than I thought, and all I succeed in doing is blowing a hole in the wall.

Luckily, I manage to put two and two together and realize that the stranger is most likely from Strange and Atom.

"Whoops. Thought you were my parents."

I grab my duffel bag off my desk. It was full, mostly with clothes and assorted tools, but wasn't too heavy. I shoulder it and smile at the man cheerfully.

"So, how does work?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

ScyBlade
    I figure you know who I am. So, who are you, and why are you here? Answer those questions, and I'll give you mine
    Spoiler
    Show

PsyBlade, Ayna, and Baiyan by GryffonDurime

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Orion (a.k.a. Carter King)

Carter turned his head to the side, immediately wanting to brush his teeth when he got a whiff of his own breath off of the pillow. He recoiled a bit only to find that there was a man hovering above his bed dressed in all white. In the teenager's sleep-deprived state, he debated briefly over the existence of angels before remembering what day it was. Seeing as Carter, or as he preferred to be known, Orion was six foot four inches tall he didn't want to just sit up since the guy was creeping him out more than a little. He pulled his covers up closer to his chin, thanking whatever deity might listen that he'd decided to wear pajama pants to sleep last night before answering.

"Um...dude? Why are you in my room? Can't they just send a bus?" he asked, irritation creeping into his voice. "No, I'm not ready. I have to get dressed and gab my backpack. Give me a little space, huh?" he asked as he slid his larger than average frame out of bed, his foot connecting to the floor with a solid thunk. Another of Orion's strange attributes happened to be that he was around five hundred pounds in weight, which explained the steel framework on his bed. Orion had black hair that fell to about his ears, but the similarities to humanity stopped there. He had slightly bluish skin that reflected the light as if it was made of something other than flesh and completely white eyes with no iris or pupils. Probably the reason he'd been home schooled his entire life.

Orion grabbed a pair of boxers, some jeans off of the floor, a gray with purple trim Captain Awesome t-shirt, some socks and his sneakers and disappeared into the bathroom for a minute. Running water could be heard, the toilet flushing, some muffled cursing, but he reappeared ready to go. He grabbed a black backpack off of his deskchair and regarded the man in white. "So, uh...was I supposed to have a costume? Because I don't really know anyone who sews and I was hoping I might be able to buy one from someone there? I mean, are we even allowed to wear costumes until we graduate? Oh, but anyway, I'm ready." he said, looking out the window for the man's car. How did he get here anyway?
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-05-14 at 12:44 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Tlaloc

Waking from rest, I boil out of the capacitors of the transformer yard. Sparks fly from boxes all over the yard, and power temporarily dims throughout the area... In the form of wild lightning, I boil out of the yard, and coalesce. I am replete. "I am ready." I look around. Power lines run in all directions. "I eagerly await transfer."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Corporal Julius Andrews (a.k.a. Vox Opprimo)

He was an oddity amongst his peers. Most of his squad-mates were boisterous, bold, and sometimes entirely too free with their words. Julius, however, was not your typical Marine. He observed. He waited, watched, and decided. Sure, he spent his time with his platoon and had a good time. But even then he wasn't the one doing the shots or passing out on the couch. He, for as long has he had been in the Corps, didn't sleep. Drinking didn't intoxicate him, no matter how many shots he did. When he first enlisted, he had won many drinking bets because of the latter effect his body had.

Tonight was like all others. He sits cross-legged with his own weapons, in an apartment of his own, living out in Cherry Point, NC. All of them were laying out, only one disassembled at a time. When the man appears in his room, he continues to clean the bolt carrier group of his M4A6 assault rifle, a rifle based upon one he worked with but created with his own abilities. No other rifle exists like it in the world. He listens to the man speak, and he continues working. The man's words cease as the group slides into the upper receiver, clicking and clacking as it moves into its final resting positing. The weapon is reassembled, and he draws the charging handle back.

Looking up at the man, he stands, his bare feet barely making a sound as he moves over the carpeted floor. "Yes." He jerks his head over to the large rucksack that stands ready to be hefted. A wave of his hand, and a multitude of cases appear for his weapons, and they all find the weapons find their way into the cases with magazines of ammunition. They all seal and lock, combinations spinning to random numbers at his behest, and the cases stack into a nice neat stack alongside his ruck.

"Am I going to need to cover up?" Julius indicates to the custom-made armor system sitting next to the ruck, and his around-the-house sweatpants and t-shirt (both bearing the unmistakable lettering he has come to love: USMC) that he is wearing right now.
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2008-05-12 at 10:38 PM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Talent (aka Justin Wolfe)

I was fast asleep, in an unusually energizing sleep (after I had watched a video on the best ways to sleep) so when the man dressed in white appeared, I wasn't groggy, I was wide awake. I immediately jumped up stood on my bed, adopting a boxer's stance I had seen in a martial arts movie once.

I relaxed slightly when I remembered where I was, then tensed up again when I realized I was only in my boxers. "Uh, why are you in my friggin room? Couldn't they send someone to just knock on the door, and not teleport into my friggin room and stare at me?! Frig it."

Grumbling all the while, I get on my custom-made white Knock-off "Hero" t-shirt (OOC: wait, is Knock-off in this universe? If not, change it to a random t-shirt), my jeans, and bright green sandals on. Discreetly, I put on a pair of thick, round 'nerd' glasses, because they could give me an advantage. If people underestimate me 'cause of these not needed glasses, I have power over them, which is great.

Anyways, once I'm dressed, I grab my large bag, which contains my weaponry, gas mask, and my iPhone (which is practically the source of my powers, but not quite).

I turn back to the man dressed in white, and flip on my iPhone, searching for a video that has to do with him. I don't find one, (which is a shame, as he looks like someone that would be fun to observe).

"So how am I supposed to get to the Academy? Uh, sir. An aspiring villain doesn't always have a car or such. By the way, who are you? I don't have a video of you on my iPhone, and I have a video of almost everyone."
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Doc G (aka Gabriel Heisman)

I blink a moment, rubbing myeyes, and turn over thinking it just a dream but I can't go back to sleep with that creepy "you're-being-watched" feeling lingering over me. "Who are you? How'd you get in here?" I ask. I know I set up the dampening fields last night. I created devices like those and others to keep this stuff from happening.

Apparently he isn't going to harm me, I stand, waiting for an answer, intrigued at what the answer could be.
    Last edited by Gandalfofborg; 2008-05-12 at 11:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Corner

Before you can finish your sentence, you are out of your room and in the Celestia Campus, the primary campus of Strange & Atom Academy. You have a sudden feeling of vertigo, as the campus is a few hundred miles above the ground. You hear a young woman shouting.

"OK, if everyone is ready, we shall now split you to groups and assign you to senior students."

She then starts to read names out of a list and assigns them to another name for the tour.

---

Doctor G

"Through the door, silly. Thought today's kids would be, I don't know, smarter." He claps his hands, blinks out of your sight and reappears at the other end of the room. "Anyway, I have a tight schedule, so I need you to be ready, like, right now."

---

Talent

"Name is Maxwell Strange. Nice to meet'cha. You probably don't have a video of me, because I partly exist out of time. Which made my graduation video somewhat difficult to watch - I wasn't even on the video." He chuckles for a bit, then adds. "Oh, you don't need a car, really. Unless it's a flying car. Basically, you have four options. You can take the magic train, the school bus, the limo for four, or I can just poof you to Celestia. Your choice."

---

Vox

The man looks at your weapons, and asks: "Oh, you're gonna be one of those darker and edgier type of people, aren't you? I suppose you could take your vest, though it is considered bad form to wear it to lessons. So, here's your options: we have the bus, the train, the limo and the poof. Most of them have great views, except for the poof. Which doesn't have much of a view you just get from here to there."

---

Tlaloc

"Well, OK, now, you have to pick. Is your preferred mode of transport gonna be the train, the bus, the limo, or temporal-spatial transportation... I mean, the poof?"

---

Orion

The man draws a sheet out of nowhere, and reads it. "Orion, also known as Carter King. Son of the blah blah blah, OK, here's the good part. Semi-metallic permanent exoskeleton. Increased density, strength and toughness." He makes the sheet disappear in a poof, and continues. "Having a costume helps. Unless you're covered in fur. Or chitin. Or the dark and eternal void of space caressing your skin like the soft, cold hands of fate... Man, some people are just so emo, you know. Anyway, we have several options. You can take the limo, the bus, the train, or I can just poof you over. Which can be nauseating, but it is the quickest way. Shame you don't get to socialize."

---

ScyBlade

"Name's Maxwell Strange. Nice to meet'cha. I'm here to take you to the Strange & Atom Academy Celestia Campus. For the tour. You know, the one that is due today?"

---

MAL

"It works like this. You can take the bus, or the train. Since you're in the sidekick program, the nicer options aren't available to you. But don't worry, the ones that are available aren't so bad, either."
    I use black for sarcasm.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Orion

"Yeah, well, you learn to live by yourself. I got to meet a couple other super kids like me every now and then so it wasn't...so bad. Uh...anyway, I guess I'll just take the poof, since it's quickest. I don't really nauseate easily anyway." Orion replied, adjusting the shoulder strap on his bag. "I'll have to worry about the costume later. No one knows me aroud here, so it's not like I have a secret identity to protect." he shrugged, waiting for this poof to happen. He'd take the bus and the sightseeing later. For now, he just wanted to get started. The thought brought a small smirk to his face.

Finally.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-05-13 at 05:06 AM.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

"The train sounds nice. I'm going to go with that."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2008-05-13 at 06:41 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Julius

"No, I'm not dark nor edgy. I am simply prepared."

Inside his mind, he ticked off the options. Bus: Too cramped, especially for how tall he was, and all the gear he carried would be a royal pain. So that idea was out. Limo? Never was a fan of it, especially since he didn't sleep. Train? Not bad, but he really didn't need to wait. Nausea was something he got over when he was on that patrol and an IED went off twenty feet away from him.

"Poof, please. And it's not a vest."

He walks over to his stuff, hefting his ruck onto his shoulders and slides his hand through the carrying straps on his armor system. With a thought, the weapon cases lift off the ground and he walks over to Dr. Strange, his clothing changing from the sweatpants and t-shirt to a casual jeans and t-shirt makeup, sunglasses on his face and an assortment of other technogadgets on his person. Pulling out a cell phone, he dials a number.

"Sergeant, he's here. I am reporting to the new duty station in a few moments." A pause. "Yes, sergeant. No, sergeant. Thank you, sergeant. Oorah. Out." With that, the phone snaps shut and is put back in its carrier.

"Ready."

Spoiler
    Show
    This is what my armor looks like when donned. Yes, it's a ripoff, but it's badass.

Last edited by Wraithkin; 2008-05-13 at 07:43 AM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

ScyBlade
    I close my book. Haven't slept. Not since I started my apprenticeship. One of those perks of having magic, it's possible to eliminate certain bodily needs. Still working on the need to breathe.
    I'm ready, just need to put this book away. So how am I going to get there?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Tlaloc

"I prefer the teleport."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Corner

"Woah..." I stand wobbling for a moment or two before I catch my baring... my feet spacing apart as I shake my head a bit. Letting out a slightly annoyed sigh, I stand up and just casually glance around.... looking around at the other folk. When I hear the woman shouting, I slowly made my way closer towards her, and waited patiently for my name to be called off. The buddy system... jesus, I hadn't used that since I was 6.

Signature by Sneak.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Tlaloc, Vox, Orion

As soon as you name your option, you find yourself at a different place. It looks like a university campus, except it feels much, much higher. You hear a woman shouting names and assigning them to another person - a senior student from what you can tell.

---

MAL

"Train it is, then. It is waiting for you right outside the door. Do mind the door when you climb the stairs, it's a bit low. See you later!" He disappears in a poof, and immediately after that you hear a sound typical of steam-powered trains. Looks like your ride has already arrived.

---

ScyBlade

"Well, you have four options. They include a snazzy limo, a retro train, a school bus, and a poof, all courtesy of Temporal Transport Inc.. So, which one'll it be?"
    I use black for sarcasm.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Vox

He moves slightly as the ground catches him. "Have to learn that one... " The corporal makes his way through the throng of people, getting mildly irritated with the congestion of the crowd. His brow furrows slightly, but he doesn't let any further agitation show. Finally growing tired of the pushing, shoving, waiting, and ... more waiting, his feet lift off the deck and he floats into the air, going up about twenty feet. Drifting closer, he sits mid-air and hovers, his lashed-together stack of weapon cases hovering next to him. Relaxing a bit, he now waits for his name to be called, and his teammate.

The concept wasn't new to him. The Corps had something very similar... buddy program. No Marine was ever to travel in an unfamiliar area alone. He guessed this was more of a mentorship, but the principle still applied. Pass on knowledge from senior to junior. That's how it goes. Reaching to his lower back, he draws out one of his pistols and ejects the magazine and chambered round, stashes them in a pocket. Quietly, he battlefield breaks the weapon down and begins cleaning it while he waits.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

Talent

"Okay then, I guess the train would be okay. I'm not in a hurry, and I might as well get to know people. "
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

ScyBlade
    I've never been in a limo ride before.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

DOC G

"Of course," I exclaim, slapping my forehead. "Ow... temporal shift nullifer, that's the one I'm still working on. Interesting," I say, eying the intruder. "Yeah, ok, only need a couple of things... don't have much ya know, built most of it."

I grab the few things that I had gotten ready the night before. "I'm ready, I guess."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Orion

Orion set his stance a little wider to keep his dinner from the night before from paying him a second visit and took a few deep breaths. "Man, that guy wasn't kidding. I, uh-" He was suddenly cut off at the strident sound of the woman calling everyone into pairs and getting everything started. Better get over there, he thought.

Reaching the edge of the crowd, he started listening for his name to be called. At the same time he started looking around at his new classmates, wondering what their powers were if it wasn't obvious. He also wondered who they were going to pair him up with. Did the Pantheon moonlight as instructors here? It'd be awesome if he could meet one of his heroes, Captain Awesome or Magmaflash. He grinned as he let his attention focus back on the lady calling out names.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-05-14 at 12:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Feron

As Feron wakes up, he stretches and then rubbs his eyes before opening them. As soon as he realizes there is a man standing before him, he jumps back, gasping. After the man speaks, still not completely trusting him, Feron says "What are you doing in my room? And more to the point, yes, I am ready to go," he finishes as he points to his clothing, immaculate and ready for the first day of school. "Should I go now? I assume you are in some position of power here, otherwise you wouldn't be allowed into my quarters." He finishes, and looks at the strange man inquisitively, as if attempting to discern some rational in waking someone up after seemingly breaking into their room.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

"Neat. Thank you, mysterious guy!"

I wave the man goodbye as he disappears, then walk out of my room (ducking a bit, just in case).

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Talent

"Train it is! Boy, do I love trains. Anyway, if you ever take Temporal Physics as an elective course, try to find me, and I'll help you out. See you later!" He disappears in a poof, followed by the whistle of a steam train. Your ride is waiting for you outside.

---

Feron

"I think you can go if you're all packed up and dressed up and all. So, which one will it be? The train, the bus, the limo, or the poof?"

---

Doc G

"Good, good. Now, we have to pick your mode of transportation. Is it gonna be the train, the bus, the limo or the temporal-spatial transportation? Or the poof, as some less intelligent people call it."

---

ScyBlade

"Limo, the ride of the ones with pride. And money. But mostly pride. Anyway, your limo is out waiting for you. You don't want to keep your fellow students waiting, after all. Anyway, see you later." He immediately disappears and you hear the horn of a car outside.
    I use black for sarcasm.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Tlaloc

Spoiler
    Show
    1st person doesn't fit well with me either... back to 3rd.

Tlaloc looks around the campus. Reaching out instinctively, he tries to tease a little voltage from the local area, curious to see what is available. At the same time, he slowly drifts in the direction of the woman's voice.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

ScyBlade
    Having never been in a limo, I get in with curiosity. [Insert description of limo here. I might edit my post after finding out what I can do here, and how I felt about the ride from its description.]

Once with the other students, I hear the woman, and I get ready.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

ScyBlade

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Oh, you chose the limo, so you must roleplay your interactions with the other students. No weaseling away.))

The other three occupants of the limo look at you, half curious, half excited. Amongst them you see a young man with a black tuxedo, a girl that wears a skin-tight suit colored purple and silver, reminiscent of Captain Awesome's color scheme, and a small child no more than five. They all have their drinks in their hands and they pause for a moment, and the girl extends her hand.

"Hi, I'm Tina. Or Starlight, if you prefer a codename. Who are you?"
    I use black for sarcasm.