New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oh. That's clever. Charlie's new options...

Quote Originally Posted by Zolem View Post

True, but because of his OCD style, things easily throw him for a loop. He figured Stanly couldn't set a trap, and fell for one. He views the seige as very streight forward and therefore doesn't consider all the posibilities (like the often mentioned 'tunnle colapse plan' theory). He therefore vies Charlie changing sides as natural and doesn't consider other posibilities. He's blinded by his own self-rightious belief in his own 'infalability'.
    Zolem has a point here. While Ansom is certainly not a n00b, he does seem to overlook things because of his absolute certainty that his view is the only possible one.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

When it comes to weither or not Charlie accepted the 'plan' as Ansom has outlined, I'm sure that Ansom is working under the assumption that GK has no resources with which to compete in a bid war for Charlie's services. Further I don't doubt that during the round-table discussion that Ansom would have had with his forces, when it came to the point of Charlie's involvement Charlie himself would have assented with the provision 'As long as the price is right' which would totally free him of blame for swapping sides if the Don can't make a suitable offer. So that coupled with Ansom's knowledge of the straits he has put GK in.. I would see it perfectly reasonable Ansom would not worry about engaging Charlie in sort of non-compete type of agreement.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Or you could check the update and see their plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Bard

Class features

Rhythm: At first level Bards gain Rhythm.
    Music: At first level Bards gain Music.

Who could ask for anything more?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Now the question is, how manny Archeons did it take? And how much woudl that cost Jetstone? First they'd have to rehire the 14, then some, and I was under the impression that jsut those 15 cost a small fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    If the players figure out and try to stop this from occuring, the wizard instantly crafts a HUGE mound of quarterstaves and clubs to obscure himself before teleporting out.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zolem View Post
    Now the question is, how manny Archeons did it take? And how much woudl that cost Jetstone? First they'd have to rehire the 14, then some, and I was under the impression that jsut those 15 cost a small fortune.
    You're missing the point. If Charlie hired his archons back out to Jetstone, no one would get to use them before Parson's turn. Charlie specifically asked how many to take them before the beginning of Parson's turn. He wants to conquor GW himself, maybe to take Parson and have him start working for him. Maybe for some other reason. What I want to know is, would Jetstone and the alliance attack anyway if Charlie took GW. They'd be declaring war on Charlescom, which they probably don't want to do, but Charlie would be stepping on some toes, and it might piss a lot of people off.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    You're missing the point. If Charlie hired his archons back out to Jetstone, no one would get to use them before Parson's turn. Charlie specifically asked how many to take them before the beginning of Parson's turn. He wants to conquor GW himself, maybe to take Parson and have him start working for him. Maybe for some other reason. What I want to know is, would Jetstone and the alliance attack anyway if Charlie took GW. They'd be declaring war on Charlescom, which they probably don't want to do, but Charlie would be stepping on some toes, and it might piss a lot of people off.
    Good point.

Although, shouldn't the abbreviation be GK, not GW?
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.