New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default Star Wars: The calm before the storm Group B

Star Wars: The Calm Before the Storm

A Long time ago, In a galaxy far, far away...

It is a time of turmoil for the new galactic republic. Some time ago, an alien force entered the scene, causing tremendous upheaval and imprinting fear into the hearts of the Republic's citizens. That force was no other than the mighty Yuuzhan Vong, the Enemies of the force, the haters of technology. In a stunningly short amount of time, the Vong conquered planets in the Outer Rim, killing or enslaving every man, woman, and child in the planet. Stunned by the blitzkrieg, the Republic took time to respond. Now, as fierce battles rage across the Mid and Outer Rim, the Republic and the New Jedi Order find themselves overwhelmed by the ferocity of the Yuuzhan Vong. In this dark times, all enmities are forgotten, and because of this, the Imperial Remnant has joined the fight.

You are on the Home Caller, a frigate ship, heading for Ryloth, preparing to join the battle to mantain control of the planet, which has been deemed a key position. It has been a relatively calm journey up to now, but everyone on the ship knows it is only temporary. Soon, you will land on Ryloth and a frenzied battle will start.

In fact, a saying is spreading across the ship as you approach the planet: "We should enjoy this night...for it may very well be our last."

Spoiler
    Show
    And this way we kick off the campaign. Feel free to post an introduction, and to be as descriptive or succint as you want.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The calm before the storm Group B

Tyrath was sitting down in the mess hall of the ship Home Caller, or at least thats what they told him it was called. He had awoken in the med bay a few hours ago. The medical staff told him they had stumbled upon his wrecked TIE Interceptor, pulled him out and patched him up. They told him how lucky he was to still be alive, but right now he wasn't feeling so lucky. A long, long way from home, he was now among what a few short years ago used to be the enemy, and on top of that, they were heading into a warzone. They needed every man, and since he had combat experience, he was conscripted to join the fight.

Looking around the mess hall, Tyrath is drinking some hot tea to try and relax. He is sitting alone, as would be expected: old grudges die hard. "With the way things are going...I wonder if I'll ever see Bastion again..." Tyrath mumbles to himself as he takes a sip from his tea.

((OOC: I kinda took some liberties with how he got picked up by the Home Caller and how he will be intergrated into the battle/team. Let me know if this is ok. Also, I am taking Blue for my font. Long live the Empire!))
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

It's been a long week for Wenton. First, he found himself a new job, only to be told at the last minute that his ship was headed for a war zone. Now he has to decide if he's going into the battle as a Jedi or a normal crewman. To make matters worse, there's an Imp on board and the crew has seeming decided that they're going to die.

Seeing the state of the crew, Wenton goes down to the mess to get some caf, grabbing his "walking stick" as he heads out of his quarters. The Force only knows what his next few hours will be like. As he gets his drink, he sees the Imp sitting drink some tea and decides to go and speak with him.

"Mind if I sit and have a drink?"

((OOC: The spoiler is for any Jedi who came out of the Praxeum))
    Spoiler
    Show
    You guys will likely recognize me from the Praxeum, and you will definately recognize my walking stick as bing a lightsaber. It's no secret among the Jedi that my character has separated himself from the order.
    Wenton Miles: Grey Jedi SECR Vong PBP

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I've heard that, in the wild, if one DM encroaches upon the territory of another, the offended DM will attempt to assert their dominance by throwing sacks of d12s at the intruder. If this activity proves fruitless, the DM generally shrinks back to their den in defeat, relinquishing the land, only to blog about it on their MySpace later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyserpent View Post
    . . . the designers probably felt weird giving monsters Schrödinger's hit points.

4. - Top - End - #4

Tyrath looks up from his tea to see a man about his age with a walking stick standing over his table.

"Mind if I sit and have a drink?"
    Tyrath gestures to the many empty seats around him. "Feel free to take your pick."
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-05-20 at 05:49 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Wenton takes the seat opposite Tyrath.

"Name's Wenton Miles. You're a long way from home stranger. How'd you get stranded out here, anyway?"

I've heard that, in the wild, if one DM encroaches upon the territory of another, the offended DM will attempt to assert their dominance by throwing sacks of d12s at the intruder. If this activity proves fruitless, the DM generally shrinks back to their den in defeat, relinquishing the land, only to blog about it on their MySpace later.
    . . . the designers probably felt weird giving monsters Schrödinger's hit points.

6. - Top - End - #6

"Vong ambush. Shot down my TIE during our retreat. Pretty lucky the Vong didn't pick me up, but I'm probably listed as KIA back home, though that might be true enough after tomorrow. Names Tyrath, Tyrath Cyneus by the way." Tyrath takes a sip from his tea. "So what's your story?" He nods to the walking stick, "were you injured?"
    Thog fan 4 life

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

"Me? I'm just a spacer, one of trillions in the galaxy. I signed on thinking this would be a fairly mundane tour, and now we're out here to fight the Vong. I'm not sure the crew has seen much action. Too much worry, not enough thought about action. As to the stick, nah, I'm fine, it's just a souvenir from a past life. Something to remind me where I came from, and if I'm ever in trouble that there's still a home for me out there." Wenton looks around at the nervous crew members. "I just wish we could get this over with. This anticipation is almost as bad for us as the actual fighting. Too much thinking about the future pulls you out of the now, and that can be deadly in a fight. So are you being pressed into helping us?"
    Last edited by Farmer42; 2008-05-20 at 06:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

"Pressed? Well, I wouldn't exactly say that...it's a difficult situation. I mean, the crew here saved my life, so in return they are holding it over my head and 'requesting' my services until the time comes when I can get home somehow. At least I'll get to fight some Vong...though I'd rather be doing it with people who I know and trust...they haven't even told me what I'll be doing yet... Tyrath sighs and takes a long sip from his tea and looks around the room. The tension is high with the upcoming battle, people are trying to keep up appearances, but eveyrone is definitely nervous. Tyrath turns back to Wenton.

"I'll level with you. I need someone I can trust. Entering a battle with nobody you can count on is tantamount to signing your own death certificate. Nobody here on this ship trusts me, they probably would sooner watch me die then come to my aid. You're the first person since I've woken up on this hunk of scrap to treat me like a normal guy, so that basically makes you my best friend right now. When it hits the fan, I'll watch your back. I'd like to know if you could to do the same for me. I would really enjoy living to see the end of this."
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-05-20 at 06:40 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

"Can you really blame these folks for not trusting you, though? Most of 'em lost someone to your side in the war. I'm not saying what they're doing is right, but think about how you guys would treat one of us in a similar situation. I'll watch your back as long as you have mine, but just so you know, this here stick is my weapon of choice. Blasters and all of that really doesn't suit me, I like to see my enemy, know who it is I'm fighting. That way, when it comes down to who wins, I can always remember that they're a person. Not that I'm trying to get all philosophical on you, I just want you to know that the lines as we'll see them won't be where I'm looking." Wenton takes a sip of his caf and is clearly calmed by the stimulant. "Sometimes, I wish the fighting were over, the hatred gone. then I remember that we're where we are now by being the meanest, most vicious creatures in our environments. So now we get to play soldier boy to defnd ourselves. I hear there's a Jedi running around the ship somewhere, what say we go and try to find him.

10. - Top - End - #10

Tyrath sighs. "Well, I guess things would probably be the same if the situation was reversed, though I would like to think that I would be the one in your shoes, helping to extend the hand of peace to a former enemy. Both sides lost a lot in that war, so I know that theres going to be bad blood...but with what is going on now with the Vong and all, we really can't afford to be weighed down by the past."

"A Jedi on the ship? I've never met one personally, only really heard stories and such back home. They don't really come into our territory too much... I'll tag along if you're going to go looking around, beats sitting around. Tyrath says and he finishes up the rest of his tea. "By the way...that stick is your weapon of choice? No offense, but how do you expect to beat the Vong with that?"
    Thog fan 4 life

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

"Honestly? I'm not sure. We'll just have to see how useful it is when we run into them."

With that, Wenton rises and heads toward the hatch.

"C'mon, I heard that the Jedi's this way." With that, Wenton sets off in search of the Jedi on board, unsure if he does or does not want the Jedi to be someone he knew well at the Praxeum.

12. - Top - End - #12

Gian Bernini

Gian wandered about the deck of the ship, his head held up high with a certain aloofness and air of confidence around him. He was a Jedi, he would be able to face this threat head on. Force blind abominations they were, and they were attempting to bring their monstrous thinking and way of life to this galaxy...

Continuing his stroll around the ship, he largely attempted to keep to himself. Many of the crew aboard would not be able to relate to him, and some still had unfounded resentments towards the Jedi. Gian knew best to keep to himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

13. - Top - End - #13

Chykkatarr

The massive and imposing figure of the Chykkatarr made many pause or press themselves up against the walls for that extra inch of room. This allowed them to continue on their way and be further from the dirty and battle worn look of the Wookiee.

He had been assigned to this ship and was still not sure what battle group he belonged to. He would prefer to meet the foe alone in the heat of battle but he also had to make sure he didn't cause too much trouble. The rampant stench of fear was beginning to take its toll on him so he had left his cabin and wandered into the mess hall.

He could hear them whispering when he passed, some were comments about his size but most were mumbling about their last night. Ignoring these cowards Chykkatarr moved over to an empty table and looked around the room noting that there were two people sitting apart from the others a drifter and Imperial. They were conversing in what looked like low tones, probably just cowards like the rest.

Chykkatarr had got some food for himself after a minute of sitting alone, when he got back to the table he looked at the disgusting brown meat. He could not remember the Human name for this, he just knew it tasted horribly bred in.

In a low mumble and growl to himself "Smells like it lived with Humans, now I have that gross idea of a farmed animal. The looks don't help either."

Not one to turn a meal down he quickly dug into his food, clumsily he wielded the little thing they called a fork. It was definatly slow eating, the small meal size bothered him greatly too. Least he had food in his stomach, he just relaxed and sat back as he ate his food.
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2008-05-20 at 09:17 PM.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

14. - Top - End - #14

Dash McGurk

Exiting out into the Corridor from one of the maintenance areas, In his grease stained work coveralls, Dash was exhausted after spending 10 hours helping preforming last minute maintenance check on the ships fighter craft. Needing food and rest, Dash a Lean 6ft tall human, with Sandy Brown hair, blue eye and rugged features, Heads for the mess hall to get some food and drink. As dash walks to the mess hall he meets a human walking the ships decks, Dash says, Good evening there, having a good walk tonight.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

15. - Top - End - #15

Gian Bernini

The Jedi stops to appraise the mechanic. "Yes, yes I am." he responds looking up at the man. "How are you this fair night?"
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

16. - Top - End - #16

Tyrath stood up and stretched his legs, putting his empty cup in the proper receptacle. "Alright, lead the way Wenton." Tyrath followed Wenton out the hatch, but not before noting the rather large, fierce, and somewhat grumpy looking Wookiee taking a seat and growling at his food. That could be trouble... Tyrath thinks to himself, Wookiees have no love for the Empire, and he looks mad enough as it is...best stay out of his way...
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-05-20 at 11:23 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

After leaving the mess, Wenton turns down a side corridor. His directions from earlier where hardly precise, simply guiding him "that way." After only a couple of minutes of walking, he hears a voice he recognizes. He whispers to Tyrath.

"Sithspawn. Look, I recognize the Jedi's voice up ahead. The two of us...Well, we don't have history, but needless to say we don't completely agree on our views of the galaxy. If you don't want to get involved in this, I won't blame you for heading the other direction. We won't fight, per se, but an argument might be pending."

18. - Top - End - #18

"So you know this Jedi? Well, if you might have some conflict with him, I can't very well abandon you now since I'm supposed to be watching your back and all. Besides, isn't arguing against the Jedi Code or something?" Tyrath flashes a grin. "However, if you think being seen with an Imperial will make things worse with the Jedi, I'll take a walk the other way."
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-05-21 at 10:04 AM.
    Thog fan 4 life

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

"Your presence shouldn't cause any more problems than mine will." With that, Wenton goes to join the conversation.

"Good evening gentlemen."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Cam Antares

Stepping out of a washroom after finally managing to get the last of grease and muck from the repair bay off, a young human looks around a bit nervously up and down the halls of the frigate. Grabbed up on the spot by someone looking for decent mechanics, Cam didn't realize that volunteering meant he'd end up on some ship hauling out for the fighting. "Cam, what have you gotten yourself into this time?" He muttered quietly to himself as he picked a direction that looked like it'd lead to the mess halls and went for it.

It didnt take long for him to learn to pay attention and keep out of everyone's way, especially that Wook. He may know which end of the hydrospanner is up, but the didnt mean anyone here was going to put up with him. Raking his fingers through his semi-long black hair Cam made his way to get some food and try to figure out how he was going to survive this mess.
    "Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."---Crow T.Robot

21. - Top - End - #21

Gian Bernini

Switching his attention to the new arrivals, the person before him seems vaguely familar. He gives Wenton the once over, eyeing the cane carefully.

"Good day, I see you decided to come back and work for the Republic once again."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

"I've been working for them for a while, actually. Mostly just doing some cargo hauling. Speaking of it being a while, I haven't seen you for years, Gian. How's the family, still squabbling?"

23. - Top - End - #23

I'm doing fine tonight, just a little hungry and tired. oh, by the way my names Dash, Dash McGurk, Dash stick his hand out to shake the mans hand. that's when two others approach he hears one of them call out "Good evening gentlemen." Dash turns and says, Hello but it soon becomes apparent that the two know each other, and that's when Dash recognize the other person, Hey your the Imp pilot we pulled in today, Dash Had been on deck when the pilots destroyed ship had been pulled aboard
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

24. - Top - End - #24

Gian Bernini

Gritting his teeth a what he considered an unneccesary barb. "Things are always the same, the galaxy is stuck in cycles." Trying to get his own jab in "Has hauling freight been agreeing with you?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

"I can't complain. It's what my parents did, you know. Besides, I can always hope to become a legendary freight hauler, like General Solo. In the meantime I had hoped to have a relatively peaceful life, but those hopes were dashed." Wenton looks at his new friend and remembers to introduce him. "Oh, and let me introduce you to my new friend, Tyrath Cyneus. As has been noted, he's the Imp we picked up earlier. It looks like he's going to be fighting with us, come tomorrow. Tyrath, this is Gian Bernini, Jedi."

26. - Top - End - #26

Gian Bernini

The Jedi had little against the remnant, the Empire was before his time and the only reports he had to go were the holovid documentaries and lessons back at the academy. It was never about the Empire per se to him...but instead the dark siders who controlled it.

"It is good to have you aboard Tyrath. We are going to need every man we can get if we want to push the Vong back."

27. - Top - End - #27

Tyrath nods to both Gian and Dash. "Pleasure. Never thought I would meet a Jedi face to face like this." I wonder if he's ever met Luke Skywalker? Tyrath continues, "Either of you have much experience fighting the Vong?"
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-05-21 at 02:04 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

"So, a Jedi and an Imperial walk into a bar... Nh, we've all heard that one before. So, any of you have an idea on how to deal with the moral problems? I mean, short of a lightsaber duel through the corridors." Wenton chuckles at the thought. "Though that might be fun. I always did like those holovids."

With a wink at Gian to let him know he's only joking and a nudge in Tyrath's side, he irreverently adds, "Besides, where will we get another saber? I'd hate to have to do it all myself."

29. - Top - End - #29

It doesn't take long for the wookiee to finish his tiny meal. The looks of other soldiers just betrayed it had been a small meal for them as well. A warrior should go into battle full if he is to have top performance, he wondered how well they would perform. They all looked so tiny to him, how could they possibly control so much of the stars and how can there be so many. They were always the most crazy as well, always rushing headlong into battle. Even the ones who claimed peace were far more eager then most of the species of the galaxy.

His thoughts distracting him from his hunger he walked off around the ship, he was always impressed with ships and technology. While he never had a hand for it, he always did like to look in wonder at all of it. This ship was amazing by the small standards he used to have. Wasting no time he got up and left the cafeteria.

He did not even notice that he was following the imp and strange man, soon he was in the hallway and he could hear voices to his right. Looking that way he seen the imperial and the spacer, there were two others there as well. He started to walk towards them, but paused when he seen one was a Jedi.

He hated the Jedi, when had they ever helped the galaxy at large... always fighting each other... non-force users could solve their own problems. The Vong were a testament to this, and in a small way he respected them for this. He was unsure if he wanted to continue in that direction, so he made it look like he was interested in a little sign near by that stated the nearest escape pod in case of an emergency.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

30. - Top - End - #30

"Lightsaber duel? I'd probably just end up decapitating myself! Tyrath says with a chuckle. He notices something big and furry out of the corner of his eye and sees the huge Wookiee seemingly inspecting something on the wall. Didn't even hear him approach. Well at least if he comes over here he won't rip my arms off with the Jedi around...I hope...
    Thog fan 4 life