New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MtA: Sun, Surf, and Shadow

Zephyr

Zephyr drops the book into a pocket of his cargo shorts, same as where his stun baton is currently idling. He fingers the grip and activation stud lightly in his pocket and prepares to whip it at Khaleoud if she attacks. "I'm not dropping off mind-shattering books with just anyone, neighbor. 'Identify yourself' wasn't asking for your name- who the heck are you, and what gives you the right to 'port in here?" While he talks big at the assertive woman, he brings his other hand to the iron key hooked on his beltloop and focuses his mind on his workspace at the cabalhouse.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Scrying to view my 'desk' at the 'office'. (If there's totally no such thing available to me as I research my item-hunting, then we can just look into his bedroom instead. Gosh, player/character pronoun switching is hard!) Successes for me. Yup.

Scrying is so terrifically useful, I'm definitely spending XP to make this a rote at the next convenient break. Zephyr would be using this *all* the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Khaleoud narrows her eyes when she sees Zephyr put the book in his pocket. "Very well, then." Her stance changes to that appears to be the fighting stance of a martial artist. Her hand moves to her pocket from which she procures a fingerfull of lotus petals. She clutches these in her fist.

Meanwhile, Zephyr's focus switches almost completely to his mind's eye through which he see his office two stories below. A modest office in the middle of the floor, it consists of a desk with a computer and a drawer, and a cabinet for personal affects. It's difficult to keep track of the action in the room while scrying, however.
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

"I say unto you, Khaleoud, you have just invoked the wrath of nearly five thousand years worth of genetic and social conditioning: you have no chance of victory." with that, Alrikar tried to reveal his nimbus and did his damned best to re-direct the buildings power into Khaleoud.

Meanwhile, Montaenoo drew his pistols and did his best to look scary.

4. - Top - End - #154

Immediately slipping over to Zephyr's side and slightly in front of him, Morpheus says nothing. He does, however, for the first time today let slide his usually pleasant demeanor, gazing straight into the eyes of the intruder with all the cold resolve and steel conviction of the Obrimos.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempt to uncloak nimbus yields one success. I'm going to treat that as a bonus die to an intimidation check, if that's okay.

Speaking of, that intimidation check scored a whopping five successes. Woo!

Spoiler
    Show
    When my action comes up, unless things change dramatically I'm going to prepare my actions for the purpose of casting Counterspell Prime on anything magical she attempts. There will be Willpower spent; I'll have a roll in the dice thread in advance just in case it comes up so things can keep moving. :)

Note: Four successes on the conditional counterspell. woot!
    Last edited by JMobius; 2008-07-01 at 12:14 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Khaleoud is jolted by the electricity, but shakes it off. She curls her lip at Montaenoo and Alrikar but something about Morpheus' gaze causes her resolve to falter a bit. Even so, she flits forward, throwing an amazingly fast roundhouse kick in Morpheus' direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Manifesting the intimidation roll as a -2 to attack dice pool anytime she attacks Morpheus. Speaking of attack. 2 bashing damage
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

6. - Top - End - #156

Spoiler
    Show
    That's what I was afraid of. I think we're going to have a splendid oppourtunity to introduce that doctor here soon.

If she's at a -2 for the intimidate (thank god for that) and another -2 for my defense, this chick is GOOD. Is there any visible magic active on her at the moment?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr brushes his fingers across the book's cover and then shoves it down deeper than his pocket could actually hold - dropping the book through a miniature portal and depositing it on his desk. "Look, no book!" he says, drawing his hand out of the pocket and wiggling his fingers. The fingers are wrapped around his baton now, too. "Cut that out and use your words now. We're here on consilium business, and that book belongs to this order. I doubt Arcadius and his wife would like you filching their propety."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay for round one! Since I'm happily not a twitching pile of Ow on the floor, we're gonna go with Rogue's Creed (Apportation rote) and draw the stun baton. 3 successes (in rolling thread). Mary Poppins' bag accomplished.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    She's brimming with active Life Magic. I rolled two successes on your perception check, so you can tell that it's some sort of shielding spell, and a spell of physical enhancement.

9. - Top - End - #159

Spoiler
    Show
    That makes sense. I'd want to hit her with a Dispel Magic, but I wouldn't feel right changing my action after I've essentially already rolled for it. Oh well.

Morpheus shakes off the kick, doing his best to appear unphased, and glowers at her. "Your magics won't aid you here, petty thug. You want the damn book in one piece you shut up and sit the hell down."
    Last edited by JMobius; 2008-07-01 at 11:29 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I think we're all kind of new to this kind of combat, so everybody bear with everybody and also bear with me.

Khaleoud recoils her leg, and glares at Zephyr. "That was a mistake, Zephyr of the Mysterium. Now I shall have to wring the book's location from you, while you plead for a swift death." She lunges at him, preparing to attack.

11. - Top - End - #161

Spoiler
    Show
    Would it be acceptable for me to make my action, after Edwin, to be to cast Dispel on her then? Probably shouldn't have jumped the gun on rolling for it and everything, but I wanted to have it already on hand to keep things moving for my turn.

I hate to give up such a good roll though too, damn... :P

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll allow it.

13. - Top - End - #163

Edwin

Pulling his gun out of his pocket, shaking slightly, Edwin released his pocket watch bringing both hands to hold on the gun, pointing it roughly at the woman.
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

14. - Top - End - #164

Spoiler
    Show
    Crap, was going to go for it, but I just remembered that Dispel Magic requires a dot in the relevant Arcana. I don't have Life yet either. Oh well, I guess the counterspell plan continues. :P

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Just a reminder that Minotaurwarrior's characters are up next, followed by Edwin, then Khaleoud, Zephyr, and Morpheus

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Aw, I'm popular. I somehow wish she didn't know my name... Zephyr calls to the almost-intimidating black hulk, hoping that he understood plain English since Alrikar was always talking to him in... apostrophes. "Ho, Valtar-valtar grab her!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm planning on making a portal we could throw her through, so getting a grapple this round would be handy. It would also help with the not-kicking of me.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

17. - Top - End - #167

MonkGuy

The Foreign Lord, knowing the Monaenoo had no understanding of the English language, quickly relayed Zephyr's request, along with one of his own to Montaenoo, Who shot his pistols at the ground while moving in to grapple Khaleaoud.

As his manservant shot at the ground, The Foreign Lord used his skill in the forces arcana upon the flames in the barrels of Montaenoo's gun, flinging them at the ground next to his feet and shaping the growing flame so that it didn't burn out of control.

Reaching the scuffle of Morpheus and Khaleaoud, Montaenoo grabbed the french girl and attempted to put her into a hold.

Spoiler
    Show
    Before I get to the rolls, let me present some weaseling. I figure, since he isn't actually diminishing a fire, only limiting it's growth, I think it should be possible, using Forces 2, to contain this flame so that it doesn't consume the room. If you disagree, that's fine, since using influence fire as an attack uses up the source of your fire.

Since he isn't making an attack, just pulling the triggers, I don't believe that using his guns constituted an instant action, if you disagree, that's fine, I'll either edit this post, or just chastise me and have her auto-resist the grapple (fudging the counter-roll-for-dice-penalty-roll).

Paradox and the spell that could of caused it. Grapple.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Khaleoud expertly twists away from Montaenoo's attempt. It's becoming quickly apparent that she's extremely proficient in what appears to be a form of kung-fu. "Nice try, géant. I've got something in mind for you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Edwin, if you want to shoot now that your turn is up then subtract 6 from your roll. Thats two each for Monty, Zephyr, and Morpheus. Since I do believe they were pretty clumped up.
    Last edited by Premsyl; 2008-07-03 at 10:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Edwin

Holding the gun out unsteadily, Edwins grip on the gun changed right as he aimed, showing he knew how to use it. Taking care to fire between his associates, Edwin fired a round at Khaleoud.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two successes gained.

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Khaleoud turns her body away from the shot, the bullet flying past her and striking the glass window behind her, leaving a spiderweb pattern of cracks. "You all are wasting your time, even know there are people searching for that tome. How long before it is found, I wonder? Will you be there?" She rubs the flower petals in her fist between both hands, focusing on Montaenoo.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Life Force Assault (pg 190) 1 Success

21. - Top - End - #171

"I warned you, your magic will do nothing for you here."

Spoiler
    Show
    That counterspell prime comes into effect then, with four successes. I'll deduct the willpower and mana.

Incidentally, I was just reading the counterspell thing again, and apparently it can be cast "like a dodge", against someone with a higher initiative. I'm going to be doing that to counterspell from now on, rather than preparing and potentially wasting my actions.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Khaleoud's spell falls apart. She shoots a murderous glare at Morpheus. It's quite obvious in that look that Morpheus now has her full attention.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should be Ditto's turn now, followed by Minotaurwarrior.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

While Khaleoud turns to face Morpheus, Zephyr whips his baton at her back and hits the activation stud for the stun charge.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...most likely whiffing big time. 2 successes on the attack, one success on the stun.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Khaleoud seems to almost feel the baton coming and ducks under the blow, the attack just barely misses the top of her head. Her focus remains on Morpheus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minotaurwarrior's turn, followed by Edwin. Heh, I'm starting to feel bad that the first fight I put you in is turning out to be kind of one-sided. Then again, anything could happen. I guess I might have to throw you guys some red-shirts to mangle to make it up to you some time soon.

25. - Top - End - #175

Spoiler
    Show
    For my part, I'm going to use a Dodge action if she attacks me, and another Counterspell Prime if she attempts any magic. Responding above your initiative level is fun.

26. - Top - End - #176

MonkGuy

Montaenoo attempted to get a hold on Khaleoud once again while Alrikar, realizing the futility of trying to attack Khaleoud with the flames he had made, and knowing that nobody can survive a 420 foot drop, decided to instead launch his flames at the window.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Khaleoud twists away from Montaenoo again, turning to face him as the fire shoots toward the windows and shatters a pane of glass, while simultaneously activating the fire sprinklers above their heads. Now they're being showered in water, and blown about by stout breezes coming in through the open window.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm giving you a mulligan here for the sake of inserting some action into the scene. I don't think your fire would have been able to break the glass unless mixed with some telekinesis or something, but I'll allow it.

28. - Top - End - #178

Seeing Khaleoud twist out of the fire, Edwin reached into the wall with his mind, touching the power flowing into the computer, wrenching it out of the wall towards their opponent. Speaking aloud in Atlantean, he felt it slipping away and threw more effort into the spell, making it arc over the now wet floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Causes a paradox, but soaks it
    3 successes on the spell
    Last edited by Chineselegolas; 2008-07-20 at 03:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Khaleoud is knocked to the ground by the electricity, standing shakily she grits her teeth. She snatches a handful of flower petals from a deep pocket in her pants and hastily casts a spell of healing upon herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 successes

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Gritting his teeth at the close-quarters miss, he draws back for a second swipe. "Immiron, dammit, we have a situation!" He moves in again on the same vector, hoping the narrow miss wouldn't allow her a second escape.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two successes attack, two for stun.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort