New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Fantasy General(3.5 D&D Tactical Homebrew) - IC

A runner, dispatched by the king, just arrived with a sealed message.

"Muster what forces you have to the western edge of the kingdom by the end of the week to defend the realm against and approaching kobold horde."

Certainly he must be kidding. The king has always taken care of the army and has always tightly controlled the military and never allowed the Dukes to build up any amount of forces lest they attempt to usurp his power.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fantasy General(3.5 D&D Tactical Homebrew) - IC

Duke Asher Hamraddi

The duke reads the message and ***** an eyebrow. He is not surprised. The king has been lax in his duties lately, and Asher is almost shocked that he has not abdicated to one of the many claimants. He rereads the message, trying to make some plan of action. The kobolds are a more or less minor threat, even in a 'horde' but he has not yet begun to raise a true army, and while his peasants will fight, and even die for him, he does not want to lose men before he has begun to win over more. Corpses are terrible propaganda.

He called Meldon to his side. "Call my troops together, I must speak to them. Order my people to prepare for war and send out Jarvis to round up as many of the common people and mercenaries around that he can."

When his retainer leaves, the duke dons his battle array, a senseless frivolity because he does not plan to fight if he can help it, but one his people expect. He then goes to the courtyard to speak to his troops. "My people, the king has called us to war for him. It is an easy battle, one we can win without effort, but one that will bring us a long way towards our former glory. If our men can prove themselves in the struggle ahead, how many more will flock behind our banner? We must come through this day with valor to increase our honor. To this end, I want to field as large an army as I can. Three-quarters of you will come with me to fight the kobolds, and the rest will have no less honor for remaining home; who knows what devilish tricks the kobolds might bring. We will go out and crush the enemy, and then we will return and begin to make greater strides towards the power we once had. Now let us go, and fight, and conquer!" He leads his people out the front gates of his city, to the western edge of the kingdom, where the fighting is fiercest.

Take 75 Clubmen and 10 Archers to the battle
    Leave 25 Clubmen at home
    15 Commoners will farm for food
    10 Commoners will breed and train horses.
    Tanner and Blacksmith will make Leather Armor and Spears Respectively
    Diplomat goes to recruit peasants and nearby mercenaries for my army
    Hire Peasants with promise of food to mine for me(If I have mines nearby)
    Hire Peasants with promist of food to cut wood for me.
    Recruit more Blacksmithes and tanners

((I think that's more or less what I do, and you tell me more later. If I'm misunderstanding anything tell me. I would do more, but I don't feel it's realistic to plunge into full war machine mode over some kobolds.))
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Walking into the dining area David sits down to a nice meal. "Well what do we have today I wonder?" He glances around the table. "Seems like a bit of the standard meat and vegetables." Sitting down he sighs, hoping that his servants can find some better fare in the future. Then he notices a large bowl of fruit. "Ah, you came through for me after all Sam."

Just as he is reaching over for a nice ripe strawberry the dining halls doors swing open and a man dressed in messengers attire rushes in. Before David can say anything he hands him a dispatch, announcing it is from his liege and runs back out.

"What is it this time I wonder." David opens up the parchment and reads it thoroughly before standing up. "Well this is a lovely way to start my day." He cups his hands to his mouth "SAM GET THE CAPTAIN HERE NOW."

While he waits for his captain to arrive the Duke mulls over the letter. "It is a bit strange, the king sending the dukes out like this. Well I of course will obey but..." David makes a mental note to check up on the kings status after this is over.

Instructions:

- David suits up and mounts his horse (will ride at the rear with his archers)
    - 15 Warriors with bows ready in front of him in 2 ranks (7 in front 8 behind)
    - 100 clubmen with a group of 25 in front and middle and two others behind and to the left or right of them. The last group will cover the rear.

That is the marching order until they get to the battle and how they will prepare when they arrive unless David sees a need to change it.
    Last edited by Nomadic; 2008-05-23 at 12:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Horril was still deathly afraid. He hid in his room, no one was allowed in. No servants, even. Surely this would be the death of him, no one could survive this at such an early age.

The control of the Country of Agrias had been thrust upon him with such tenacity and suddenness, that it seemed to him that he would surely perish under the strain of all of the people. He was not ready to be in charge.

Horril woke with a start, cold sweat pouring down his face and body. The same dream. The dream of when he first became the Duke of this kingdom. He had this dream occasionally, and he would usually just take a walk around the premise to clear his mind. Although, tonight was destined to clear his mind of the dreams more fully than any walk ever could.

A knock at the door. Thump thump, thump thump.
    Hmm..sounds urgent. He calls over a servant to open the door.

Coming through, tired and fatigued, face filled with fear as well as a sense of duty, came a messenger of the king, he held in his hand a message. Suiting for a messenger.

Horril's face slowly filled with dread, he had just gotten the hang of dealing with day the day activities here, but now...this?

...very well he sighed if it must be done, then best twere done quickly. Quickly, wake the captain of the guard, we must prepare!

As they prepared for this battle he though to himself, about how he would surely fail, and then he could be done with this. no, I can't fail, not now! he quickly rectified himself.

They were now ready, ready to go forth, and win.

80 clubman go to the battlefield, divided into four groups of twenty.
    10 Archers broken into two groups of 5.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Morgen

Duke Morgen of Lathrop was spending his morning in his daily meditation and devotional when a knock sounded on his door. He wonders a moment on what important stirring are afoot because he has explicit orders for no one to interupt unless absolutely necessary. After he calls them in he is greeted by his long time friend and Lathrop's Master-at-Arms Kiran Hale and a messenger bringing urgent news from the King. After reading the message he shares it with Kiran and says, "Well looks like your job just got a litlle harder."

Instructions-

Taking all 100 commoners in groups of 20
    10 archers (with the 3rd lvl ranger in command)
    Clerics as an on-hand medic staff

After camp is set up each night Kiran will run drills with the commoners and archers to practise fighting as a group and following orders.
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-05-23 at 03:12 PM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

6. - Top - End - #6

Titus Velius, Lord of Marche

Reclining on his throne, Titus lazily read the book perched on the armrest of his oversized throne. An ancient history text, despite its age it was only mildly interesting he found the author's opinions greatly flawed.

The throneroom was covered with trophies and furs from dozens of beasts, Titus greatly enjoyed the art of collecting, anything he could get his hands on or have his people build. A few feet behind him sat the giant man Ragnar on a small chair, he drank sloppily from a giant stein of ale.

A loud commotion could be heard from outside causing both men to look up and take notice. One of the northmen was arguing with someone, a not uncommon event, though good soldiers they were lacking in nearly all social etiquette for these lands. A few moments later the doors were opened and in let a messenger followed by an axe weilding guard.

Titus took the message and read it quickly and quietly before carefully refolding it be filed away. Kobolds, pathetic they were not worth his effort but an order from the king is an order from the king and there was always the potential of securing some kobold slaves for work, sale, games and other more dark practices. What would he need...the militia would have to be levied, and he would need his horse and travelling equipment. There was no need to bring his personal guard outside of Ragnar, they were just Kobolds and someone had to keep his lands safe.

Turning to face the slightly drunk Ragnar he issues his instructions "Ready the peasant militia, all of them, tell the stableboys to ready my horse and the butlers to ready my travelling trunk. And gather your equipment. We march as soon as possible. We'll push the bloody little creatures back to the holes they crawled out of."

OOC: Readying 100 Commoners
    10 Warriors.
    Ragnar as personal guard
    Remainder of the personal guard staying home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

The five counties each send an army to the battlefield. By coincidence they arrive at roughly the same time and after a bit of saluting each other, they notice the approaching kobold army in the distance.

Map Info
    Spoiler
    Show

Battle Map

Key -
    Dark Blue - Deep Water - impassible
    Light Blue - Shallow Water - slows down armies to allow only a single square of movement. Armies in the water have a -2 penalty against missile attacks.
    Brownish-Greenish - Massive rocks - Impassible - Blocks LOS
    Red - Kobold foot soldiers.
    Green - Dense clusters of trees - Blocks LOS - Armies inside the trees gain +2 AC against melee attacks and +8 against missile attacks. Reduces movement to a single square.

The kobold army stands just over 2000' away at the far side of a wet and swampy region at the edge of the kingdom. They have marched into County Agrias and headed towards the Hamlet of Zamora. Once they destroy that small settlement they will, no doubt, march on to the town of Caceres just a few short miles beyond Zamora. They must be stopped here.

Light rain falls upon the battlefield as the opposing armies march slowly towards each other in the cold morning mist.

{{ It will be several rounds before the armies can engage each other just because of the range, but this will also allow you to pick your position on the map by moving your armies into position. }}

"Initiative"
    Spoiler
    Show

Just to determine what order the armies go in...
    "Kobolds" - (1d20+1)[15]
    "DavidMelson" - (1d20+2)[21]
    "Morgan" - (1d20+1)[4]
    "Titus" - (1d20+3)[23]
    "Hamraddi" - (1d20+5)[25]
    "Horril" - (1d20+1)[10]

Armies :
    Spoiler
    Show

Kobold
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1-24
    25 Kobolds, Stats 9,13,10,10,9,8, AC 15, HP 4, Feats[Alertness], Skills[Normal, Listen+2, Spot+2], Leather Armor, Small Spear(1d6-1(x3) @ +1)

David Melson
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    25 Level 2 Commoners, Stats 11,10,11,12,12,9, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Armor(light), Toughness, SimpleWeapon(Club)], Skills[Listen+4, Spot+4, Swim+4, Ride+3], Padded Armor, Club(1d6 @ +1)
    Unit 2
    25 Level 2 Commoners, Stats 11,10,11,12,12,9, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Armor(light), Toughness, SimpleWeapon(Club)], Skills[Listen+4, Spot+4, Swim+4, Ride+3], Padded Armor, Club(1d6 @ +1)
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A
    15 Level 1 Warriors, Stats 10,12,10,10,10,8, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Precise Shot, Toughness], Skills[Listen+2, Spot+4, Swim+2, Ride+4], Padded Armor, Short Bow(1d6 @ +2, 60'), 30 arrows each

Horril :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    20 Level 2 Commoners, Stats 12,10,11,10,10,9, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Armor(light), Toughness, SimpleWeapon(Club)], Skills[Listen+4, Spot+4, Swim+5], Padded Armor, Club(1d6+1 @ +2)
    Unit 2
    20 Level 2 Commoners, Stats 12,10,11,10,10,9, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Armor(light), Toughness, SimpleWeapon(Club)], Skills[Listen+4, Spot+4, Swim+5], Padded Armor, Club(1d6+1 @ +2)
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A
    10 Level 1 Warriors, Stats 10,12,10,10,10,8, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Precise Shot, Toughness], Skills[Listen+2, Spot+4, Swim+2, Ride+4], Padded Armor, Short Bow(1d6 @ +2, 60'), 30 arrows each

Hamraddi :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    25 Level 2 Commoners, Stats 11,12,11,10,10,9, AC 12, HP 10, Feats[Armor(light), Toughness, SimpleWeapon(Club)], Skills[Listen+4, Spot+4, Swim+4], Padded Armor, Club(1d6 @ +1)
    Unit 2
    25 Level 2 Commoners, Stats 11,12,11,10,10,9, AC 12, HP 10, Feats[Armor(light), Toughness, SimpleWeapon(Club)], Skills[Listen+4, Spot+4, Swim+4], Padded Armor, Club(1d6 @ +1)
    Unit 3
    Unit A
    10 Level 1 Warriors, Stats 10,12,10,10,10,8, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Precise Shot, Toughness], Skills[Listen+2, Spot+4, Swim+2, Ride+4], Padded Armor, Short Bow(1d6 @ +2, 60'), 30 arrows each

Titus :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    25 Level 2 Commoners, Stats 11,10,12,10,10,9, AC 11, HP 11, Feats[Armor(light), Toughness, SimpleWeapon(Club)], Skills[Listen+4, Spot+4, Swim+4], Padded Armor, Club(1d6 @ +1)
    Unit 2
    25 Level 2 Commoners, Stats 11,10,12,10,10,9, AC 11, HP 11, Feats[Armor(light), Toughness, SimpleWeapon(Club)], Skills[Listen+4, Spot+4, Swim+4], Padded Armor, Club(1d6 @ +1)
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A

Morgan :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    20 Level 2 Commoners, Stats 11,10,11,11,10,11, AC 12, HP 10, Feats[Armor(light), Toughness, SimpleWeapon(Heavy Mace)], Skills[Listen+4, Spot+4, Swim+4], Leather Armor, Heavy Mace(1d8 @ +1)
    Unit 2
    20 Level 2 Commoners, Stats 11,10,11,11,10,11, AC 12, HP 10, Feats[Armor(light), Toughness, SimpleWeapon(Heavy Mace)], Skills[Listen+4, Spot+4, Swim+4], Leather Armor, Heavy Mace(1d8 @ +1)
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit 5
    Unit A

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

8. - Top - End - #8

Titus

(to take place after Hamraddi's move)

Sitting atop his mount, Titus quickly surveyed the battlefield before him and the approaching mass of Kobolds. Next to him stood his bodyguard Ragnar his axe ready incase any assassins were nearby ready to strike against his liege.

It seemed that the combined allied army and the horde were about even, but it was hard to tell. The rain would make it difficult to manuerv, the rivers might also become deathtraps at the water slowly rises and the rain would make bowstrings thick and not as powerful.

Spotting his oppurtunity he shouts to the other assembled generals "I shall engage the flanking force!" It appeared at least from this distance to be the smallest enemy force and the forest to the south presented him with a great oppurtunity.

Relaying his orders to his men he sends his host marching southwest towards the southern forest by the water(Edit: looks like 42-Bz.) His archers would be deployed to the west in front of the forest to lure the Kobolds in for an ambush.
    Last edited by LongVin; 2008-05-24 at 07:09 PM.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

David spurs his horse over to Titus.

"If I may, might I suggest that we position our archers near the front edge of the forest (Bt-52 and the surrounding area). Then have other forces in flanking positions ready to swing around and strike them while our ranged units weaken their ranks with arrow fire. I shall set my units in quick response areas. It looks like you are heading off out of the way. If you wait until they are getting in about to engage my forces you could catch them by surprise on their south flank while I swing around towards the north flank."

David heads back to his forces to follow through with his suggestion.

Instructions:
    - Warriors with short bows to Bo-53 (David will be behind them at Bp-53)
    - Clubmen Group at Cc-48 attempting to hide behind the forest
    - Clubmen Group at Cd-48 attempting to hide behind the forest
    - Clubmen Group at Cc-49 attempting to hide behind the forest
    - Clubmen Group at Cd-49 attempting to hide behind the forest
    (All forces will run towards their positions as far as they can without becoming overly fatigued; if they cant make it into position before the kobolds then the archers will make their stand from the forest while the warriors wait behind it to swing around and hit the kobolds)

When the Kobolds get within range of the short bows (several range increments) the archers will open up with volleys of arrows attempting to thin the ranks (David will begin shooting once they are within 3 range increments). After each volley they will take a five foot step back. If the kobolds get within range to return fire (several range increments of their short spears) or do return fire (with hits) the bowmen will fall back to the forest. David who will call out to his forces in hiding, will run along the north edge of the forest back towards his clubmen. The bowmen will head back into the forest, shooting off volleys when it is safe. Meanwhile The clubmen will move along the northern forest attempting to strike the kobolds northern flank. When that happens the bowmen will move to opportune positions and resume fire on the southern most kobolds in an attempt to stop them from reinforcing the northern ones.
    Last edited by Nomadic; 2008-05-24 at 03:27 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

EDIT: I am going to have my guys run at 3x to get there in approximately 13 turns.

EDIT 2: Actually I am going for BZ 41-42. I misread the map. I want to be in the northern tip of the forest.

IC: "That is about where I am deploying my men. I will launch an attack against their flanks once they engage your forces."
    Last edited by LongVin; 2008-05-24 at 07:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

In that case I will take their south flank. Change my orders to move clubmen down to just east of the southern point of the forest. When I give the order they will swing around and strike them from the south distracting them so LVs forces can swing around from the north.

12. - Top - End - #12

Jeeze, that map really is hard to read.

Horril stood stiff as stone. This was it. This was the time to show that he wouldn't screw up, he could show everyone that he could do this. Despite telling himself this, the sweat still poured, and they hadn't even engaged the enemies yet.

He hoped the troops wouldn't see him...

Okay, troops! This is our soil! This is our Homeland! We will fight and win it from these dirty beasts! This is our time, and our battle!

I'll Have Unit 2 and 3 go towards Bj-33, right at the edge of the forest there with Unit A of archers following behind with Horril.

Unit 1 Will go to Be-27
    Unit 4 Will go to Bg-44

We'll be going at a double move to prevent fatigue.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

13. - Top - End - #13

WolfInSheepsClothing

Duke Morgen

Duke Mrogan takes his time to assess the terain before ordering his men forward. As they begin marching he pulls up along side Horril and says, "Seems a good day for a fight. I noticed your sending your men to the edge of those woods. I was thinking we could combine our armies and funnel them in between the forest and that large body of water. As they cross those rivers both of our archers would have a devastating effect. What do you think, sir?"

Instructions:

Heading straight forward so as to only cross one river, then diagonally down until we are at the woods.
    Archers setting up at the front edge - Bc36
    Two groups of macemen in the forest with the archers
    The other three groups lined up with Horril's men on the side of the river

Moving at a double move unless it looks like the kobolds are approaching too fast. If that is the case will switch to run.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's not gonna be good for us if me and Horril's attack line is up at Bc and the rest of ya'll are back at Bz. We need to engage them together
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Unfortunately we don't have too much choice. If we move forward the kobolds get the advantage of terrain and we get wasted should we have to retreat. If you move back you are in a similar boat. I might suggest that Asher hang back in the middle with his archers perhaps up a little ways to provide some extra firepower. When they engage us he can pull his archers back and then move in depending on which of our groups needs help.
    Last edited by Nomadic; 2008-05-25 at 06:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Two Rounds Later....

Map Info
    Spoiler
    Show

Battle Map

Key -
    Light Blue - Shallow Water - slows down armies to allow only a single square of movement. Armies in the water have a -2 penalty against missile attacks.
    Green - Dense clusters of trees - Blocks LOS - Armies inside the trees gain +2 AC against melee attacks and +8 against missile attacks. Reduces movement to a single square.

The human armies swarm to the flanks and to cover while the approaching kobolds spread out and start crossing the first of the many swampy wet areas. Hamraddi holds his troops in place so he can see what holes might be left in the defense of the county.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

"Hamraddi" - (1d20+5)[25]
    "Titus" - (1d20+3)[23]
    "DavidMelson" - (1d20+2)[21]
    "Kobolds" - (1d20+1)[15]
    "Horril" - (1d20+1)[10]
    "Morgan" - (1d20+1)[4]

Armies :
    Spoiler
    Show

Kobold
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1-24
    25 Kobolds, Stats 9,13,10,10,9,8, AC 15, HP 4, Feats[Alertness], Skills[Normal, Listen+2, Spot+2], Leather Armor, Small Spear(1d6-1(x3) @ +1)

David Melson
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A
    15 Level 1 Warriors, Stats 10,12,10,10,10,8, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Precise Shot, Toughness], Skills[Listen+2, Spot+4, Swim+2, Ride+4], Padded Armor, Short Bow(1d6 @ +2, 60'), 30 arrows each

Horril :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A
    5 Level 1 Warriors, Stats 10,12,10,10,10,8, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Precise Shot, Toughness], Skills[Listen+2, Spot+4, Swim+2, Ride+4], Padded Armor, Short Bow(1d6 @ +2, 60'), 30 arrows each
    Unit B
    5 Level 1 Warriors, Stats 10,12,10,10,10,8, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Precise Shot, Toughness], Skills[Listen+2, Spot+4, Swim+2, Ride+4], Padded Armor, Short Bow(1d6 @ +2, 60'), 30 arrows each

Hamraddi :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit A

Titus :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A

Morgan :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit 5
    Unit A
    11 Level 1 Warriors, Stats 10,12,10,10,10,8, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Precise Shot, Toughness], Skills[Listen+2, Spot+4, Swim+2, Ride+4], Padded Armor, Short Bow(1d6 @ +2, 60'), 30 arrows each(10x warrior, 1x L3 Ranger)

Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-05-26 at 06:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Duke Asher Hamraddi

The Duke has finished assessing the situation; he sees the flanks his allies are covering, and decides to reinforce the center of the line, where the kobolds should be the strongest. He barks a few sharp orders in the old tongue of his county, and his men begin to jog forward to keep pace with the rest of the armies, his groups of clubmen moving slightly to the sides to put them closer to the flanks they will most probably be reinforcing when they meet the kobolds.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about that. Family cookouts don't allow time for posting. I guess it sort of works out, because I planned to function as a tactical reserve, because I brought fewer units.

When we do get in missile range of them enemy, I think we should, rather than just blasting away like wild, try to concentrate our fire so we can wear down each group of the enemy more quickly. We'll roleplay that as it comes closer, but does it make sense to everyone?
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

17. - Top - End - #17

Titus

The Kobolds were splitting up and charging forward. Foolish little creatures they are going to run themselves ragged and hopefully a handful of the them would drown their smelly hides in the river.

Goading his troops on he continued to have them run towards the woods and concealment.

Orders: At 3x
    All units advancing southwest towards the forest BZ-47.

OOC: The maps is much more readable this turn. Kudos!

OOC2: Over how many squares can archers fire?

EDIT: My orders are for two rounds. By then they should be at the forest.
    Last edited by LongVin; 2008-05-26 at 03:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

David sitting atop his horse looks out at the approaching kobolds. "Fast little buggers aren't they? Well we better get a move on then."

He calls out to his men giving them their new orders.

Orders: Same as before except for the following
    - David spurs his horse on followed by his archers who will run at x4 until they have to make their checks (10 rounds).
    - Foot soldiers will do the same.

19. - Top - End - #19

WolfInSheepsClothing

Duke Morgen

Instruction:

Continue forward until past the river before cutting diagonally towards the forest.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Two More Rounds Later....

Map Info
    Spoiler
    Show

Battle Map

Key -

Hamraddi spurs into motion bringing up the rear as the two armies surge towards each other.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

"Hamraddi" - (1d20+5)[25] (Brownish-Red)
    "Titus" - (1d20+3)[23] (Light Blue)
    "DavidMelson" - (1d20+2)[21] (Darker Blue)
    "Kobolds" - (1d20+1)[15] (Red)
    "Horril" - (1d20+1)[10] (Pink)
    "Morgan" - (1d20+1)[4] (Orange)

Armies :
    Spoiler
    Show

Kobold
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1-24

David Melson
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A

Horril :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A
    Unit B

Hamraddi :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit A

Titus :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A

Morgan :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit 5
    Unit A
    11 Level 1 Warriors, Stats 10,12,10,10,10,8, AC 11, HP 10, Feats[Precise Shot, Toughness], Skills[Listen+2, Spot+4, Swim+2, Ride+4], Padded Armor, Short Bow(1d6 @ +2, 60'), 30 arrows each(10x warrior, 1x L3 Ranger)

{{ As you get close to being in position it might help if you posted the exact square you want to be in. #1 stays in AA22, #2 runsx3 south to BE34, etc. I'm just giving you a chance to change something. I'll post again in a day or so whether you respond or not, I'll just assume you keep moving to the ordered position.}}

21. - Top - End - #21

Titus

His men were arriving quickly to their positions and the kobolds were still in the distance. It was time to slow them down so they aren't completely out of breath and tripping through the forest.

"March, Double speed!" comes the order and the men slow down and fall into a closer lockstep.

Orders: 2x speed

Along BY:
    1-47
    2-48
    3-49

Along BZ:
    4-48

Archers:
    BX-48

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

My clubmen should have actually broken up from me and my archers and begun moving around the forest to end up at Cc-59, Cd-59, Ce-59, and Cf-59. Me and my archers would continue on to stop just before that final river in preparation to begin pelting the kobolds with attacks.

23. - Top - End - #23

Duke Asher Hamraddi

"Keep moving to the central woods. We can hold them from there, men." Sensing that these woods, surrounded by water and protected on one flank by a lake may be the best spot to hold the center from, Hammradi urges his men forward.

((I mean the woods located around BB34, with more precise troop orientations later.))

24. - Top - End - #24

((Sorry I've been gone, I've been busy....with my new 4e books! Whoooa!))

Anyways, I'll just continue moving along at double pace, I'll post more exact squares soon.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 6 (Two More More Rounds Later....)

Map Info
    Spoiler
    Show

Battle Map

Key -

Everyone continues mostly on plan. Morgan's troops surge forward as it starts to look like they will be out of position for the main kobold assault.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Armies :
    Spoiler
    Show

Kobold
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1-24

David Melson
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A

Horril :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A
    Unit B

Hamraddi :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit A

Titus :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A

Morgan :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit 5
    Unit A

{{ As you get close to being in position it might help if you posted the exact square you want to be in. #1 stays in AA22, #2 runsx3 south to BE34, etc. I'm just giving you a chance to change something. I'll post again in a day or so whether you respond or not, I'll just assume you keep moving to the ordered position.}}

26. - Top - End - #26

Duke Asher Hamraddi

The duke orders his men to hold their course for the woods and hold tight until the kodolds get there.

((Archers to BF 35, 1 to BD32, 2 to BD 35, 3 to BD 38))

27. - Top - End - #27

Titus

His troops continue to move into position as planned and it looks like they will be ready for action well before the Kobolds are even within distance of the archers.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

The clubmen of course already have their squares. David will take up position at Bp-46 while his archers take up spots at Bp-49.

29. - Top - End - #29

WolfInSheepsClothing

Duke Morgen

Instruction: Keep to the same path but pick up their pace to a run, if it looks like they will get there with enough time then they will slow back down.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 8 (Two More More Rounds Later....)

Map Info
    Spoiler
    Show

Battle Map

Key -

The skys darken and two black blots grow larger and larger. Soon enough it becomes apparent that two large flying beasts follow the kobolds out of the swamp. The armies continue to surge forward, except for Titus' which takes up position at the edge of a small stand of trees. Duke Melson's army is nearly in position whilst everyone else scrambles to the middle of the battlefield.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Armies :
    Spoiler
    Show

Kobold
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1-24

'Dragon 1'

'Dragon 2'

David Melson
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A

Horril :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A
    Unit B

Hamraddi :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit A

Titus :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit A

Morgan :
    Spoiler
    Show

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit 5
    Unit A