New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Red Hand Of Doom IC

It looks as though this may take a while, so I figured it would be easier for me to aquire the new cart myself. Also, I had the wizard look at the swords, but he won't be able to tell me anything until tomorrow. After I get the cart, I'm going to meet up with the others at the inn. You can stay here as long as you like or until you are repaired. I just wanted to tell you so you wouldn't be left in the lurch. Incidently, the wizard was a halfling, how cool is that? said Anji in a brief moment of excitement. Anyway, see you later. said Anji, making to leave.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Shield stopped Anji before he left. "It's fine, Anji, I'm fixed enough. Lead the way to the inn, if you will, and I'll let you go about acquiring the wagon." Shield then picks up Anji's backpack, and slings it over his shoulder with the other one from the cart. "I'll drop this off in your room at the inn, ok?"Shield began to walk off, then remembers, "Oh, one more thing: Could you go by the fletcher and ask for them to make a a Composite Longbow more to my liking? Tell them I'll pay them when I pick it up, if they don't mind."

Spoiler
    Show
    Masterwork Composite Longbow (+4 Strength bonus)
    Last edited by ZOMGoubeaux; 2008-06-16 at 06:50 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123

MonkGuy

Very well. said Anji, leading Shield to what he thought was the right inn. He had heard one of the guards mention the Old Bridge Inn, so he assumed that's where everyone was. Here we are. I'm going to look around town for a cart and some horses. This may dip into our communal funds a bit though. Anyway, I'll be back shortly. said Anji, going off in search of carts and horses. After what seemed like hours of walking around town, Anji found a carpenter's which he hoped made carts of a decent size. He walked in the front door and called Hello!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Inn
    Normally? No, but with the hobgoblin raids, everybodies a bit anxious, and he's gotten much busier. Can't say much about the caravan, they just came through here and stopped for the night, and the next day where headed up the road, for Brindol, I believe.Before the speeaker came, i was simply going to say that fewer merchants have been coming through these past few weeks than previously, and a few have come in reporting attacks. Not good, not good at all. With this the Innkeeper shakes his head slightly as if to dispel his worries. You here the door opening, and the innkepper looks up, and slightly whitens. Turing, you Shield has returned.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Shield tried to make his way to the bar as inconspicuously as possible, though failed due to the fact that he was made of substances other than flesh and blood. He eventually made it to the bar next to Korren, greeted the Innkeeper with a hearty smile, this one being more human in appearance, and sat down gingerly upon the stool next to his charge. "Hello again, Korren, and it's nice to meet you," he directed towards the Innkeeper. " I am Shield, what is your name?"
    Last edited by ZOMGoubeaux; 2008-06-16 at 06:54 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Evening Shield! Korren says, truly elated to see his friend again. Kellin, this is my very best friend, Shield. He's the exalted fellow who gave the poor souls in the barn we encountered a proper send off. You need not fear him, he's a gentle soul.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Shield beams at Korren's praise. "Truly, sir, it was nothing. I was simply doing what was right," he told Kellin. "Korren, what is the status of our party? I know that Anji is looking for a wagon, and Glynth is moping over in the corner by himself, but what of Gore Dog? And Nebraska?" Shield then looks past Korren, and realizes the scrawny adventurer was on his charge's other side. "There you are! Any news on the Speaker?" Shield realized that he was still drawing eyes from around the room, and decided to ignore the growing curiosity his metal skin attracted. "Also, the fletcher is going to make me a Longbow that won't sunder at my touch." Certain that that last statement would throw off any of the patrons' interests in examining the automaton, Shield said in a subdued tone, "Just to stave off curious eyes and roving ears, my friend. I'm assuming that this was a conversation best kept private, right? What have I missed?"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You didn't miss much." stated Nebraska in low tones, "He said that caravans are sent through here. We arranged a meeting, and then he had some business to attend to."
    Last edited by Pakiti; 2008-06-16 at 08:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    "Bring on the 4e, bring on the in game options. I loved sitting around tinkering with character builds for hours, but I don't think I'll miss it much. I'm having too damn much fun actually playing the game!"
    -JDillard

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Anji
    Your search for a carpenter and wagon leads you to the ferry, as you find out that Sterrel's Provisioning might have the item. Unfortunately, its on the other side of the river, and the ferry has made its last run for the day.

10. - Top - End - #130

MonkGuy

Tired and annoyed, Anji goes back to the inn.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaker's House
    As you enter the the speakers house, you are directed to a large room off to the side. Inside are the town speaker and a capable looking swordwoman. "Thank you for coming. As some of you know, my name is Norro Wiston, and I'm the Town Speaker for Drellin's Ferry. This is our guard captain, Soranna. I'll get to the point: We're in alot of trouble, and I was hoping that you could help us out.

Our town is under attack. Hobgoblin raiders have been harrying our lands for awhile now. They've attacked and killed people in the outlying homesteads, and they've been waylaying travelers along the Dawn Way.
    "

Captain Soranna adds, "We've had some trouble with them before– a quick raid on homesteads on a the west side of the river, usually not that bad– but this time its different. It looks like a large, aggressive tribe has moved down out of the Wyrmsmoke Mountains. Frankly, I fear they might be numerous enough to sack the town."

"Beyond the immediate threat to our homes, the road is our lifeblood," The Speaker continues. "If the Hobgoblins make the Dawn Way impassable to the west, trade won't come this way, and we'll be ruined. Not only do we need to repel the Raiders from our town, but we've got to keep that Road open. Can you help us do it?"
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-06-16 at 10:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, as much as I'm inclined to offer my aide, what does Drellin's Ferry have to offer me? I could certainly help defend a direct siege and probably lend my expertise to your defensive preparations, but that is only a temporary solution. The greatest aide I could offer is to search for the center of the Hobgoblins, but even that may lead me significantly off my path. I feel like my compensation would need to be significant in order to divert me from my current obligations. Otherwise, I may have to leave town in order to preserve my own safety!

13. - Top - End - #133

MonkGuy

Korren, said Anji in a whisper that only Korren could hear, It stands reason that those hobgoblins may have more of those odd swords we found, among other things. Personally, I'd like to see what loot we can take from the hobgoblins. I'm sure the townspeople will reward us.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Korren kicks Anji in a friendly, yet firm, manner. As if to say "Let me do my thing." He was well aware of the monetary gain from fighting the Hobgoblins, but wanted to make sure of pay from the town. His last remark was intended to slightly frighten the Speaker into making sure the adventurers were paid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I make an Intimidate check against the Speaker's sense of safety. (1d20+13)[31].

15. - Top - End - #135
    Halfling in the Playground

"What time is it?" I ask, feeling very weak from our last battle and in terrible need of rest. When I try to think back to the battle nothing comes to mind. I cant even remember how I got to this house from the Inn...
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nebraska smiled to himself at the tactics of Korren to get more money, and the ensuing interaction with Anji. He thought about them stopping on their journey to do a favor, and how that might effect the keep, but he was confident that anything waiting to be discovered in the keep would still be there after the detour.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    "Bring on the 4e, bring on the in game options. I loved sitting around tinkering with character builds for hours, but I don't think I'll miss it much. I'm having too damn much fun actually playing the game!"
    -JDillard

17. - Top - End - #137

MonkGuy

Deciding that it woul behoove the party to let Korren do his thing, Anji decided to shut up until negotiations were complete.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

The demon in Shield's head, hearing Glynth's question, replies in his mind, Time to DIE!!!

19. - Top - End - #139

MonkGuy

Growing bored, Anji decided to strike up a conversation. Turning to Nebraska, Anji said Hey, Come with me outside for a bit. I wanna talk to you.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Sure." Nebraska said, and followed Anji out. "What do ya want?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    -JDillard

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Noticing his comrades' departure, Shield's curious personality got the better of him, and he left his charge in the capable hands of Glynth and Gore. He followed Anji and Nebraska outside of the Speaker's abode. "What's on your mind, Anji?"

22. - Top - End - #142

MonkGuy

Have you ever considered mindflayers? asked Anji, They're pretty much squids on human bodies right? How do they breed?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Dunno." said Nebraska. He had never thought about it before. He racked his brains for anything he knew about Mind Flayers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I make a knowledge check (Dungeoneering or Arcana)? (1d20)[16] +10 if Arcana, +14 if Dungeoneering
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    -JDillard

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

"What in the Nine Hells are Mindflayers?" Shield blurted out. "Anyway, lets go cut down a tree!"

25. - Top - End - #145

MonkGuy

Yes, let's.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Realizing that his companions were leaving, not out of disinterest, but out of trust for Korren's negotiating ability, he moves forward to discuss matters with Norro and Soranna. Don't mind them, they are confident in my judgment.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A tree? Whatever for?" Asked Nebraska. It was quite the change in subject.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    -JDillard

28. - Top - End - #148

MonkGuy

Probably to build a bridge.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

"Why did the Warforged chop down a tree?" Shield paused for a moment..."To get to the other side! Let's get that wagon!"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Wagon? What?" Nebraska turned to Anji, looking for an explination.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    -JDillard