New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Kingdom Hearts: The Great Scales

There have always been Heartless. Undoubtedly, there always will. However, the universe, like a great set of Scales, strives for balance. The method for this balance lies in the Keyblade, and in the hearts of a band of heroes that will be called upon to once again restore order to a universe shrouded in darkness.

KINGDOM HEARTS: THE GREAT SCALES

Alton—you awaken in a narrow alleyway. There is absolutely nothing around you, save for the keyblade lying on the ground next to you.
    “So its finally chosen a bearer. Why does it always choose one so young?” you turn towards the voice to see a knight sitting on a pile of boxes. His armor is a dark blue, so dark its almost black. He is toying with a wicked looking sword with a black blade. His helm covers his entire face save for his mouth, which is curved into what can only be described as a snarl. He rises and sheathes his sword. “Well, Rosa will want to know you’ve arrived. Lets go.” He walks out of the alleyway, not even looking back to see if you follow.

Dorian—you wake up, and your first thought is how comfortable you feel. You open your eyes—and see an angel. Upon second look you realize she is actually just a woman, but the most beautiful woman you’ve ever seen. She is wearing a white robe, her brown hair pulled back and her blue eyes staring at you intently. You pull away from her gaze to see another woman watching you from the doorway. This one has green hair, a green tunic, and a green whip at her side. Her lips are curved in a half-smile as she sees you looking at her. “I think someone’s smitten with you, Rosa” she says with a laugh. The woman she called Rosa blushes and rises from the bed. “Be serious Rydia, we’ve got a new arrival on our hands.” She looks behind her to where your staff is leaning up against a wall. “And it appears he is very special,” she says, still staring at the staff. Taking this moment to finally get your bearings, you see you are lying on a bed in a very small room with very few furnishings—an endtable next to the bed and a chest of drawers at the foot are all you can see aside from the walls, which are entirely blue.

Mars—“Kupo! Ku-kupoooo!” a high pitched noise awakens you and you open your eyes to see—something. It’s a little pink creature with a red ball atop its head. You look around to see you are in some kind of square. You are leaning up against a tree, and there appears to be a restaurant to your right, although no one is in it. Straight in front of you is a large flight of stairs. “Kupo!” this time it starts poking you in the chest. You see another one sitting atop your shield, and a third kupo-ing at the other two frantically.

Ark—you awaken and all you can see is water. There is very little light around, and it quickly becomes apparent that you are on an island. You turn around to see a small stone building. Suddenly, the wall to your right bursts and a man comes flying out. He lands on his feet next to you, a dagger clutched in either hand. His tail is flicking out behind him as he gets into a battle stance. Shadow Heartless begin pouring out of the hole in the wall. He smiles and looks over at you. “You’re gonna need this” he says as his tail lowers in front of you holding your sword. Once you take the sword, he lets out a yell and leaps into the center of the of the horde of Heartless, and tears into them with his daggers. Several of the Heartless turn towards you, claws extended. They seem to be waiting for you to make a move.

Fyre and Robin—Your gummi ship arrives within Traverse Town space—and right in the center of a Heartless fleet. Ships are pouring onto the planet from a massive cruiser floating straight ahead of you. Your small craft has not been noticed on their sensors yet, but it will be soon. Heading straight for the cruiser from planetside is a massive gummi ship equipped with every offensive modification available to gummi techs, and probably a few that aren’t. Your comm system picks up a hail from the ship. “Attention all Heartless craft. This is the Highwind. You have invaded private space. Prepare to be destroyed.” As the transmission ends, you see a swarm of missles flying for the Heartless cruiser—and two headed straight for you!
    Last edited by M.A.T.E.S5; 2008-06-02 at 10:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts: The Great Scales

Spoiler
    Show
    rough Gummi ship image

Fyre quickly fires on the missiles trying to blow them up before they hit, if that fails he tries to roll out of the way of the missiles. hold on Robin this is going to be a close one. he says grinning.
    Then he tries to reestablish the comm link to Highwind.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Thanks." Ark limbers up, swinging his sword in a quick mulane to each side. Watching the Heartless, he waits. "Not making the first move, eh? Fine, then I guess I will." The Heartless never even see him move. Blurring with speed, he dashes through their lines, a trail of mutilated Heartless and flying limbs a testament to his skill. "This is getting old. Let's finish this!" He leaps high into the air, before plunging down with his sword held out. His blade thrusts into the ground. Pillars of light begin to erupt from the ground, annihilating Heartless around him. The the effect zone expands, soon wiping out the bulk of the Heartless. He then quickly dispatches the few remaining ones. This done, he slices his sword in a quick curve designed to clear the dirt and grime off of it, before placing it once more within its ornate sheathe. "Alright, that wasn't too hard. Now where are we, and who are you?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #4

WolfInSheepsClothing

Robin

Robin with a big grin on says, "I'm gonna have to get me one of these. Oo-dah-lah-lee."
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Fyre and Robin

Your counter-fire blows up one of the missiles, and you roll to avoid the other, as it shoots past you and blows up a Heartless ship. Obviously, this gets you noticed by the Heartless as they aren't really known for their flying skill. Three Heartless fighters descend on you guns blazing. You easily outmatch the heartless pilots, and even manage to take out two of them. Of course, this just brings you more to the attention of the cruiser, and a full wing of Heartless ships is now heading your way. (A wing is ten ships)

The channel to the Highwind opens up again. "Heartless don't usually attack one another, so I'm assuming you're not with 'em. Fly towards the Highwind, and I'll see if I can shake those buggers off ya."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

sure thing Fyre replies steering the ship to face the Highwind and flying straight to it, but not before he shoots some more of the Heartless ships.

7. - Top - End - #7

Prince Mars

The young princes eyes flicker open as he lays peacefully against the tree, being interrupted by the shrill kupo of a strange creature. "Excuse.. me?" He says, dreamily, then sits up quickly.

"Jupiter?" Prince Mars muttered, looking about quickly. "Where.." He turned his head quickly to the one poking his chest and grabbed it. "Creature, do you know where I am? How did I come to be at this place?"

8. - Top - End - #8

WolfInSheepsClothing

Robin continues riding shotgun, wishing desperately there was something he could shoot with his bow.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Fyre and Robin

As you near the Highwind, a large hatch opens up on the bottom. You fly into it, and as it closes you can see another salvo of missiles shoot towards the Heartless cruiser. Your last sight before the hatch seals it an enormous billowing red cloud of flame. Your ship lands inside a docking bay. You exit the ship and look up....and up.....and up--the ship is huge!

A man walks towards you in blue fatigues that match the walls of the ship. He salutes and says "follow me, sirs, the captain has requested your presence. He pivots and marches out of the bay into a long, well-lit corridor.

Ark
    The man grins at you. "The name's Zidane, but if you think we're out of the woods yet, you clearly haven't been in Traverse Town long. He sweeps his tail in a wide arc covering the whole area. "This island used to be home to the wizard Merlin. He discovered how to create a portal that lead to other worlds. Unfortunately, this one lead straight into the center of Kingdom Hearts--where the Heartless are reborn after being slain by the Keymaster. Merlin was captured by the Heartless and dragged back into Kingdom Hearts, and these little shadowy bastards have been pouring out ever since. Me and Cecil usually come in here once a week to clean it out, but he claimed he had something more important to do." As he chatters, Zidane leaps up into a tree that has grown out of the roof of Merlin's house. He sheathes his daggers and pulls something out of the tree. He leaps down out of the tree and lands next to you carrying a magnificent weapon. A small golden rod connects two thin swordblades. "Occasionally some of the more powerful Heartless make it out, and I have to bring out the old Butterfly Edge here." He takes a fighting stance facing the hole again, as three tall Heartless emerge. They looked like the shadows you fought before, but have been stretched to easily tower over you by two feet or more. Each one is carrying a massive zan-batao. They fade into the shadows and reappear in a triangle around you, and three massive blades descend upon your head.

Mars

"Kupo! Kupo Ku-kupo!" All the creatures leap into the air and float on tiny little bat wings. They then dive for your shield, grab it, and fly away up the stairs kupo-ing wildly.

10. - Top - End - #10

"Ack! Again?" Ark dodges out of the way, before slashing his sword in a vertical arc, a crescent of light emerging to strike a nearby Heartless. "Nice try, ugly!" He jumps, flipping through the air before running in circles around the same Heartless. Jumping out of his blurred ring, he lands and strikes dozens of times, although his shallow strikes are inneffective. "Hm..." he jumps from one to another, sticking it a few times to get its attention before jumping back. "Come and get me!" The Heartless complies, slashing its blade at Ark, who easily twists and dodges in the air. The heavy blow instead slams into the Heartless' ally, causing it to roar in pain. Ark then jumps onto the already wounded Heartless' face before driving his sword into its head. The beast falls, yanking the blade of its compatriot with it. Ark jumps, and then releases a blinding flash of light from his blade. Distracted, the other Heartless is unable to stop Ark from cutting through its arm. Nevertheless, he is hit by the blind flailing of the other one. "Ow...I need to watch myself more carefully." He concentrates for a second, imbuing his blade with holy power. "Endgame." Rushing forward, he slices through his enemy's legs, sending it plummeting over the side of the island and into the water. He then turns to see how Zidane is doing.

11. - Top - End - #11

WolfInSheepsClothing

As Robin follows the visitor he mutters under his breath, "Little Jon will never believe me."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Sweet! Fyre says as he follows.

13. - Top - End - #13

Prince Mars

"What the-?!" Mars exclaimed, watching them float away with his shield. "Hey, come back here!" He called out and chased them. "Thats my shield!"
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2008-05-28 at 10:46 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground

Alton blinks several times, trying to process what the knight just said. Then his brain started working again, and he jumped to his feet. "Daro! Mas min? Prestad? Pedil edhellen? Guess you don't. Where are we?" Jogging to catch up (and then to keep up), Alton looked up at the man, Keyblade hanging loosly from one hand. "Who's Rosa?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Dorian

Dorian looks around the blue room, trying to gather where he is. I have seen all and yet I know not of what this place is.

Dorian stares at the beautiful woman known as Rosa. "I beg your pardon, but where exactly am I and how did I end up in your care, madam?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Alton

The Knight ignores your questions and continues walking. As you exit the alley, you spot a man chasing after several winged pink creatures holding a shield. The Knight stops and watches the chase. "It appears the moogles have found the second member of the Trinity. Come." He begins walking again, up a flight of stairs, and out a large set of double doors.

Dorian

The Green-haired woman, Rydia stares at you intently. "So this is the Staffbearer, huh? Bet I could take him."
    Rosa glares at the feisty young woman. "Rydia! Please, forgive her, Keybearer, her mouth and brain are not always on the same page. You are in Traverse Town--the world between worlds. It is where all of strong hearts end up when they no longer have a world to call home.

Ark
    Zidane is surrounded by soldier Heartless, and fending them off as best he can. As the last of the three big Heartless fall, three more appear before you, this time accompanied by another score of shadows. "It appears these baddies are out in full force tonight" says Zidane as he slashes through another soldier. "Lets fall back to the Third District, we can regroup there." He whirls his weapon in a wide circle, clearing a path of escape towards a bridge of rocks. He hops from rock to rock, a trail of Heartless chasing after him.

Mars
    You chase the creatures through a large set of double doors....and are immediately struck down by a massive force. Two enormous Heartless (fat bodies) stand before you, fists clenched. The pink creatures float down next to you, and present you with your shield.

Robin and Fyre
    As you enter the bridge of the Highwind, you see a short man in a blue jumpsuit complete with helmet. He turns to you. "Captain Cid at your service. Hope you boys can handle yourselves in a fight, cause we're gonna be landing in the middle of an onslaught. Heartless have breached the Third District of Traverse Town, and its gonna be our job to hold them off until Cecil can bring reinforcements." As he speaks, the Highwind descends into the middle of a square, and a hatch opens, revealing a man with a monkey tail being chased by a swarm of Heartless.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Awesome! Fyre says drawing his pistol from the holster at his hip Lets kill some Heartless. Fyre says to Robin

18. - Top - End - #18

Ark nods. "Alright! I'm coming!" he seperates himself from the Heartless, before swing his sword, heaving three small balls of light into their midst. The balls explode on contact, killing small numbers of Heartless and distracting others. Ark follows Zidane along the rocks, killing Heartless between them. He quickly catches up. "Thanks for helping me out. What's Third District like?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Dorian

Dorian looks at the green haired woman with amusement. He gives her a charming smile but focuses his attention on Rosa. "Traverse Town? Traverse Town? Ah yes! Now I remember. I have watched this town for many a century. I never thought I would actually stand in it though."

Dorian sits up in bed, and the world goes blurry for a second. With hand on head, Dorian waits for the dizziness to pass. He stands and grabs his staff. "Are the other keybearers here?"

20. - Top - End - #20

WolfInSheepsClothing

Robin

With his feet on the ground and bown in his hand Robin smiles widely as he fires at the Heartless, "Oo-dah-lah-lee."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground

Alton, knowing he's defeated by the knight, follows without another word, sparing barely a glance for the man chasing his shield as they walk through the double doors.