New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Pius Fidelus: Outer Plane

Pius Fidelus: Outer Plane

The Outer Plane, home to all the Immortals. Here is your Outer Plane Room, in which you find a place to relax, your Avatar when not manifested and your scrying pool. You can change your own appearance here (not that of your avatar) at any point, but try to keep the description of your Immortal appearance in the Immortal Status Thread. There is also a door in each Immortal Outer PLane Room, leading to the rest of the Outer Plane. A description if the rest of the Outer Plane can be found in the next post.

Within the Outer Plane, your Immortal can do one the following things each turn:
    • Research a Miracle
    • Create an Artifact
    • Upgrade an Artifact if you know how

This takes a relatively short time, but you will need to spend some time on it in the Outer Plane in a turn. You can only bring the turn after creation. Artifacts and Miracles will need to be approved. If you can, state your artifact creation or miracle research one turn in advance in the OOC thread so we can give it an OK or indicate what needs changing.
    If it is approved, do not forgot to update your Immortal in the Immortal Status thread.

The Immortal Rules: http://evo3.dimensionomega.com/content/view/6/3
    Changes to those rules can be found in the OOC thread.
    The OOC thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81235
    The Immortal Status Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4488200
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-24 at 03:06 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelus: Outer Plane

The area outside the rooms is large and impressive, in a decrepit sort of way. Walls made of what appears to be marble, though they are covered in cracks in crevices from floor to roof, enclose a huge area in the shape of an oval. The walls continue high overhead, eventually meeting above in a vaulted roof, numerous chunks of which have fallen to the floor, and there are continuous small showers of powder. The floor seems to be made of soft lush soil, though rubble from the ceiling is scattered here and there. Plants are growing wild everywhere, vines climbing on every vertical surface, hanging down from the ceiling to the floor in some places.

Vines climb up four tall cylindrical protrusions in the floor set in a square as well. Beneath all the leaves and tendrils lies carved stone, revealing that they are in fact four broken columns, and matching protrusions on the ceiling reveal what they were supposed to support. Clearly a great force has broken these columns, but the origin of this force is unknowable. In the center of the square, half covered by moss and dirt, is a solid grey stone circle. Odd markings seem to be engraved on it, but it’s hard to see them.
    Around the room’s walls are etched doors. Eight doors stretch along both sides, as well as one door at both ends of the oval, although they seem to be covered in rubble. All doors that can be seen through, the ones on the sides, for the moment simply exist as portals, each one showing only solid blackness…

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: This is a representation of the Outer Plane as it stands now. You come into existence in your own rooms, which can be as formed or as unformed as you wish. As your Immortal exits a doorway choose which it will be, 1 through 16, and that will become –your- door. The two doors at the tips are not available.
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2008-05-25 at 04:10 AM.
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

Plamal barely knew anything as he opened his door (door 9). Plamal took a step outside, keeping his door open and felt a bond with the plants and vines he could see.

Plamal was excited when he saw the plants and vines and turned himself a hawk, and started to fly around while chirping , then he turned himself into a tiger and started to run around creating berries and flowers as he did so. Finally he turned himself into a dog and tried to dig a hole while barking joyfully.

(I'm picking door 9)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ark

Turn 1.1

Ark opened his door, the young man looks around, his eyes full of curiosity. As he sees the berries and the vines sprout, he flicks a finger upwards, as if calling the plants to him. And, responding to his call, all of them start spreading pollen and seeds across the room, filling the air with matter.

He smiles to the dog, Plamal, and goes next to him, extending a hand, a beautiful smile appearing on his gentle face.

"Peace upon you, friend. My name is Ark."

(Ark comes out of door 2)
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-05-25 at 04:37 AM.
    A Revenant

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

Plamal barks at Ark before changing into his regular form, and taking Ark by the hand. "Its lovely to meet you Ark, my name's Plamal. I love what you did with the pollen. Is that your, well I don't know a word for it but mines Plants and Animals"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Turn 1.1

Tek stood still for a time, looking uncertain and fearful. Slowly he extended his small hand and the room plunged into bright light, immediately blinding him. The lights dimmed, until they became barely visible. Tek walked the silver lines of his chamber carefully examining everything he saw.

Tek observed his Avatar. Silver lines came into life and warped the figure of god. They then proceeded to place him in the center of the biggest platform, just before the scrying pool. The platform floor rose to create a pedestal and bright light shone on the Avatar, in the otherwise dimly lit chamber.

Tek wiped an imaginary speck from the foot of his avatar and smiled a smile full of sharp teeth.

Tek entered the central chamber from the door #3. He immediately extended several legs from the cocoon and plunged himself upward, before his foot could touch dirty soil. Distraught with the disorderly surroundings, he proceeded to walk a direct line to the center of the chamber.

Several more spiky legs extended from the cocoon and mercilessly started plucking the plants and tossing aside pieces of stone from beneath him, leaving behind narrow path of clear soil.

The odd markings on the stone circle catch Tek’s attention. A glimpse of memory regarding symbols seems to remain in his mind. Could this be a message holding some power?

Tek only now noticed a young man and dog, playing in the plants.
    He observed them with his expressionless face.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2008-05-25 at 04:44 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

Plamal in his true immortal form looked at Tek and then back at Ark. "At least we know we're not alone."
    Plamal was in thought, could it be that their was someone in each of the 18 doors, "Does anyone know what's going on? Newcomer why don't you join us I'm Plamal and this is Ark."

8. - Top - End - #8

Ark

Ark smiles brightly.

"I have power upon the fertility, the deed and the offspring. I also have power over ones desires, carnal or otherwise. I was hoping you would enjoy this display of flowers, pollen and fruits."

As Plamal motions towards Tek and greets him, Ark smiles once more and bows his head slightly.
    A Revenant

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek rises on his cocoon legs, to be on the same height level as the two Immortals and carefully moving, comes closer to them.

“I am Tek, of Communication dominion.” – he speaks in completely toneless voice.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

"I most definitely did." Said Plamal as Tek moved closer to them. "Am I right in thinking that the two of you are in the same boat as me and none of us know what's going on?"
    Plamal turned into a raven and continued with. "If any of you know something I plead for you to tell me."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-05-25 at 05:15 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Ark

"Well I'm not sure either. I feel power coursing through me. And it seems I'm not the only one. Maybe this room has a purpose? My room is inside the door over there."

Ark gracefully lends a finger to show them door number 2.

"If I am correct, I assume we are not alone at all..."

Ark combs his golden blonde locks with his hand, his eyes carefully examining the room.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

“I remember nothing as well”.

Tek falls silent for a moment. “Yet we are reborn as creatures of power. The past is but a stepping stone for present. It is of no importance.”

Tek raises hand. Three images of the present gods appear above their respective doors. “Perhaps we can start by bringing this place to proper order.”

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

"I thought so, how about we do this. First we set some ground rules maybe choose the style of government we want. Then after that's done we look around this room and our own and try and find an answer to this mystery" Said Plamal returning to normal form.

Then Plamal does an image of an animal, a plant and a drop of water under his image near his door.

14. - Top - End - #14

Ark

As Ark moves towards his door, his feet gently stroking the ground as he passes through, he makes a simple dignified hand gesture towards his door, a ripple seemingly coursing through it, changing the harsh bark into a red silk curtain.

Then looking at the door, he smiles, a soft humming light seems to now emanate from the entrance.

"That'll do for now."

He turns towards his new companions, taking his time to take into consideration each of their powers.

"I don't think we know which one of us is strong enough to oppose the others just yet. But since we're all equal, let's make this fair for every one of us. A Majority system will have to do, I suppose."

As he examines the room, he comes back.

"Well, there's nothing else here. Let's gather onto the middle stone, then others can join us in our talks."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

Plamal turned himself into a tiger to get to the middle of the room but then changes his mind and moves to one of the edges (between 7 & 5) and creates a pool of water, with a lilly pad on it.

Then Plamal runs to the middle taking his proper form once more. "Are we agreed with Ark?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus (door 11)

Turn 1.1

The immortal wakes up with a loud gasp. From the very moment of his awakening he is overcome by a strange feeling of detachment, a nagging feeling of not really being alive. It is much more disturbing that these sentiments seem natural and he felt no fear. The eyes of Forneus slowly open and his senses are overcome by the twirling smoke engulfing him. Intuitively he waves his hands to disperse it and instantaneously the air around him becomes clear. Slowly realizing that the smoke didn't bother him and still pondering on his control over it, Forneus stops moving and lets the smoke settle back all around him. He stands still for a few moments observing the huge bow gravitating around him, then reaches out to grab it. To his surprise, nothing really happens as the weapon fits comfortably in his hand; the fit is so good that Forneus feels a mysterious connection to this item. It is then he realizes that there's another item connected to his being; once again the fit is amazing as it's only then when he realizes that he's wearing what seems to be smoky armor. The armor is light, flexible, emits no sounds and literally merges with his shape.

Interesting.

A quick look through the large room reveals no other features of interest, except what looks like a small shrine covered with fiery ornaments. Forneus approaches cautiously and stares at it for a bit. Nothing.

Strange.

He shrugs and even more cautiously puts the edge of his bow inside and twirls the dark water around. Still nothing. After an instant of hesitation Forneus puts his whole hand inside, but besides a warm twirling feeling there's nothing more. One last look around and he heads toward the door. His left hand rests on the handle a few moments as he contemplates his entrance. He is in a strange place and he barely has a clue of what's going on. He has a mystical control of the smoke around him, but more importantly he has a weapon and armor. If there's an ambush beyond that door it will do him no good to peek cautiously. There was only one way to make an entrance.

Attack.

Door #11 burst open and Forneus rushes in the large room. Then he sees the others.

Ambush.

With a loud howl Forneus jumps sideways and back, his back hitting the wall. Instinctively he tries to go up while lifting his bow at the same time. This works better than he expected as his shape seems to explode into a cloud which swiftly floats up. The only prominent feature of the cloud is the drawn bow that protrudes from one side, aiming at the nearest immortal. And then... Forneus notices that their position and demeanor aren't normal for an ambush.

Interesting.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

“It is still wise to consider such things in advance. The others will come soon” – Tek answers to Plamal.

With sudden appearance of Forneus, Tek springs to position himself behind Plamal, against the new threat. He regains his composure sprouting all 12 of his legs.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

Plamal looked at the newcomer with a sigh, he should've expected their would be at least one blood thirsty god among them, deciding to be the first to be the first to speak. "We do not want to do harm to you. Do you want to sit down and discuss with us?"

As Plamal did so, he put the image of Forneus above Forneus's door.

19. - Top - End - #19

Ark

As Forneus rushes into the room, Ark looks towards him, the Immortal shows no threatening weapons or stances, simply gazing towards the 'cloud' with a raised eyebrow.

He chuckles.

"How amusing, another would join us?"

Ark extends a hand towards Forneus, motioning towards the center circle.

"Please do whenever you so wish."

He nods in approval as Plamal attributes an image above Forneus's door.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-05-25 at 06:47 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Bloodthirsty?, Forneus smiles to himself. He considers his position, curled in the top corner of the large room.

I can talk fine from up here, he ventures, Excuse me for not trusting you but who the hell are you and what are you doing here... He pauses for a moment confusion being written all over his dematerialized shape. Where I'm at... In fact, what am I doing here and what do you want with me. And how? Err...

After Ark's comment Forneus finally relaxes his bow. I'll hang around here for a bit, but like I said I can talk fine so go ahead and in turn talk. What's going on?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

"I'm afraid that we don't know the answers to your questions and their questions we want the answer to as well." Said Plamal. "We're trying to work out what type of government we want. We've thought of just do by the majority. Do you have any ideas?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Ideas? In fact I do. But they're so many it's impractical. The problem is that if you speak the truth we don't know much about this place and it may well hold some innate laws that would make one choice better than another. Egalitarian system sounds good, but it has implications. Before I say yes there's a question I have to have answered. Whatever the answer is, please excuse me for asking.

With that Forneus materializes his humanoid shape (on the floor) and takes a step forward. He takes a deep breath lifts his bow and shoots dead center at Plamal.
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-25 at 07:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek, who remained on guard, prepares to spring, his other legs positioned as spears. As soon as others would enter combat, he would support them against the assailant.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

"What the..." Started Plamal as in that small time he had to think he started to concentrate on the arrow. Plamal tried to concentrate trying to turn the arrow into a thornless rose.

He failed and the arrow stuck him in the chest. Plamal yelled out in pain then thought and took the arrow out but keeping it in his hand. "Does that answer your question?"
    "Do you know why I wasn't able to transform it?"
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-05-25 at 07:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Ark

He smiles as he watches them prove to each other their own existence, their presence, their thoughts. This was interesting indeed.

Ark simply stands aside, gazing from one to the other as they engage each other in a skirmish.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Forneus puts his bow down instantly and then swings it around his back. The arrow materializes out of Plamal's hand and back to Forneus and he puts it away as well (OOC: returning).
    Sorry for having to do this, but my bow asked and answered a question that neither of us could. The point is that it seems we can't hurt each other, something that I suspected when I found I can transform into smoke and fly. In which case your government suggestion makes more sense, however I'm still not convinced we need one. What will you govern? This room and all its battle-impotent occupants?

Forneus pauses and ponders Plamal's words for a few moments.

As for your question, I'm not sure why you would expect to be able to shape things with your mind. So far I thought that worked only for my body. As for the bow, it seems it is special in some way as it may have been here before I was. All I know is that it was near me when I awoke and it is fitted especially to be in my possession.
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-25 at 07:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Ark

Ark stands slowly, his blonde hair shimmering an instant as he starts speaking.

"Perhaps that is so, friend, but nevertheless, isn't there always something for people to fight over? To desire? Greed and Lust are powerful emotions, and while for now we seem to all be able to defend ourselves or at least survive, there may be others that have the ability to lock us in, or bind us. And if it meant they had more space for themselves, or more control on how this room we are in looks like... Wouldn't they do it?"

He pauses, his green eyes looking at Forneus keenly. He smiles once more, clean white teeth revealing themselves.

"For example, what would you do if you were to be binded or restrained to a space? Wouldn't that be a prison? Wouldn't you long to be free? I think I would like a government, or a way to rule things, so that everyone can live equally, and also face together whatever awaits us in this strange world."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-05-25 at 07:47 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(I don't think returning works like that)

Plamal

Turn 1.1

"You haven't had the experience with creating things using your mind, oh you really should its simply brilliant. You should really try and create something." Said Plamal smiling.
    "What would we govern well, I know I for one don't want to be constantly be used for target practise so we can govern that and a whole host of other things along with what Ark said. Have you introduced yourself yet?"
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-05-25 at 08:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

An unfriendly smile creeps on the face of Tek. He seems to stand with greater confidence, almost arrogantly.

"There are some symbols in the central circle. Perhaps they can hold some meaning".

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

"Tek, you're the one of us that knows about communications, so go on try and work out what it says and I'll give you a pretty flower if it says "Plants and Animals are the most important things"