New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelus: Outer Plane

Forneus

The immortal ponders for a moment. If you really are everywhere, then you might be able to help us despite your state. Do you know what's behind each of the doors? I came out of one and I saw some of the others doing that as well and so far there has been only one arrival per door, but not all doors had arrivals. Do you know why that is and what's behind those doors? Also it would help if you have noticed something out of the ordinary, though that description seems stretchy when applied to this place.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iklekos
    The place where Krixal slapped Iklekos on the back melts a bit, but Iklekos seems to take no notice of it. However, when it forms back, it is considerably more... Spiky than before.

It considered the transformation and discussion of the table with a dispassionate stare. For a reason that Iklekos could not quite determine, it seemed to like the first speaker... Well, writer... more than the first. And then they stated their names, Ripik, the one it preferred, and Falenra.
    Names, names. It seemed that all of the Others considered them so important. Perhaps it could clear that up.
    The table showed symbols, the meaning and sounds of which it seemed able to comprehend. Iklekos watched them until it had what it needed. Iklekos wandered back over to its door, where a symbol of a Snowflake had been etched under a representation of itself. It considered it for a moment, but decided to leave it be for now. Copying the patterns on the table as closely as it could manage, Iklekos scribed, in a strange, feathery script that resembled frost on a window, the name Iklekos above the door.
    There. Now there could be no mistake. It returned to the now table, to consider any further writings the table had to offer.
    Last edited by Altairius; 2008-05-25 at 04:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

The darkness in the seventh door deepened, and expanded into the room. Inside of it, Sedha's pale, emotionless face faded into existence, strands of darkness playing across it like hair in a light breeze. She squinted up at the light from the room in an apparent look of disgust, and darkened the area around her further still.

Still standing just outside at her door, she took in the room's contents for a short time. Then, noticing the numerous forms gathered around the table, she drifts towards the center of the room, gathering thicker shadows around her to keep out the light.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

Noticing Sedha, Krixal yells as he arcs over to her:

Ding! New arrival! Welcome to the good ship confusion. No, we don't know how you got here, or how we got here, or what's going on. I'm Krixal, and I like fire. Apparently, the walls are alive, and, if you're hungry, Juice-Drinker over there has some lovely roast pork.

Then, in a stage whisper that doesn't really hide what he's saying from anyone:

Needs spice though, don't worry, I'll hook you up. Oh, and his name's not really Juice-Drinker, it's Plamal, isn't that a laugh?

Krixal arcs back to his spot next to one of the walls with writing.

So what about those other doors? Any word about what's inside?
    Last edited by lilomar; 2008-05-25 at 10:30 PM.
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ardannis

The room is filled with stairways and passages that loop over and around each other, writhing slowly like so many snakes. One cannot catch a given stair moving, but the next second it's in a different place. Suddenly, they all snap into place, though the tangle is still confusingly snarled. At the end of the room, one of the doors opens, and Ardannis' green-scaled back comes into view as he backs into the room, closing the door behind him as though he'd just stepped out for a moment.

Now then, where was I? He glances around the room, drinking it all in for a moment. Intriguing. Then, with a fluid motion, he leaps to a nearby stairway, and like a scuttling lizard swarms around the room for a moment on all six legs. Wonderful! Amazing! I feel so free, and...ready to explore! He scrambles to the door, coming toward it from above, and opens Door #12. After a quick peek into the next room, he runs lightly on all fours into it, across the ceiling.

Dropping the first four legs and hanging exactly upside down on the powerful bottom set, he c o c k s his head to the side and inspects the room with a toothy grin. Hello, all! I was inside that one, but now I'm not!

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay, I was gone all weekend. Also, the extra spacing on that word ("c o c k s") is because the profanity filter never took Hooked on Phonics.

Avatar description, for your easy reference:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This roughly human-sized figure looks normally humanoid at first, though it appears to have four arms. The longer you look, though, the more different it looks. Its legs and front are covered with short blue fur and its back by green scales, which extend upward to cover the back of the head, and downward to cover the bottom set of legs. The head rests on a slightly elongated neck, which can swivel the head in any direction, including almost all the way back around to the front. The eyes are round and green, the nose a reptilian pair of slits, and the mouth a grin of small pointed teeth. The blue fur stops around the face, the skin of which is the same blue color, but lightly pebbled (think iguana). The middle pair of appendages can serve either as arms or legs. Ardannis usually prefers to walk on two legs and have four hands available, but to move as fast as possible will drop onto four legs. In a pinch, however, any pair of appendages can serve as either arms or legs. The bottom-most set are thick, each ending in three large claws. They are also the strongest set, which explains part of Ardannis’ distaste for hard labor – he has to basically stand on his head, using the other four limbs as legs, to lift anything heavy. The middle set are, aside from the fur, nearly identical to human arms. The top set are proportionally spindlier, but end in nine long fingers each and are excellent for delicate work.
    Last edited by harmonictempest; 2008-06-06 at 09:14 AM.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

6. - Top - End - #66

Filingio Ailillinan

The god looks around his room contemplatively.

"Very nice. Ah, a coi pond!"

Filingio proceeds to summon up some food for his coi and feed them.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lines and curves swirl and change on the border.

I know a few things.
    He knows a lot of things.
    No, I knew a lot of things. That shake-up left me a little shaken up. Grr.

There's a pause as the new immortals enter.

Well, there's one answer...Forneus, was it? I'd say that every door has an occupant. I can't feel what is actually behind the doors, but give it time. Everything comes to one who waits.
    Well yeah, smart one, but what about the other doors? The blocked ones. I feel power behind them.
    Hmm, alright, yes, I feel it. Yes. Power. Oh, before another shake up comes and I forget...

On both sides of the table not currently occupied by text, new smaller text appears, detailing all conversation that has occured since the pair have made their presence known.

Brown-noser. I was going have fun mocking the new ones and their stupidity...
    Which is exactly why I'm doing this. Greetings to you newcomers. Here's all that I know so far. If you have any theories, I think we'd all love to hear them.
    Snort. Like they know anything we don't.
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2008-05-25 at 11:10 PM.
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha seemingly ignored Krixal- and everyone else for that matter- as she focused on the table, reading the runes on the table, silently attaching names from the transcript to everyone else in the room.

After reading the text, she felt somewhat disappointed. It seemed that, up to this point, all that had been done was to raise questions rather than answer them. In fact, just by reading the transcript, she could come up with dozens more questions that would need answering. If they could eat, would they need to? How did they know the same language? How come they could read the text on the table, but not the text above the doors? And of course, just what were they anyway?

Sedha decided not to bring any of those questions up just yet. There were more pressing issue to be resolved. In a monotonous, quiet, yet somehow attention grabbing whisper, she began to speak.

"Well, I might not have any more of an idea of what is going on than the lot of you, but perhaps I can be of assistance," Without lifting her eyes from the table, a hand appeared out of the darkness surrounding her in order to make a waving gesture towards Forneus before vanishing. "As Forneus pointed out, everything seems a bit out of the ordinary. However much I agree with him, I have to ask: then just what is ordinary? It would seem that what we do know at the moment is much more valuable than what we do not, so it would seem the rational course of action to make a list of everything we can be sure of."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tumine Barok (door #1)

Movement. She can feel movement all around her, moving... through her? She opens eyes when she discovers that she has them, and finds herself in a serene forest of tall trees. Looking down, she sees a river flowing away from her eyes, and as she watches, a body coalesces, with two arms, two legs, and fins of some sort at the ends of all of these. She tests it out; she can move it, so she turns and begins swimming upstream.

Shortly, she sees a shimmering curtain of water coming from high above, creating the stream in which she is swimming. Investigating the waterfall, she finds she can stand in it, and veiled by the water she finds a wooden door with a glass knob, which she turns, and steps through the water into the room beyond.

Immediately, Tumine feels slightly uncomfortable. The plants and the fish pond please her, but the air out here in this room is hot and very dry. Closing the door behind her, she looks around the room at all its inhabitants. They appear to be clustered near a table of some sort in the middle of the room, and they are widely varied in appearance.

Turning her attentions away from them for a moment, Tumine closes her eyes and concentrates on the water remaining in the air, and finds more and more and more of it as she continues. Opening her eyes all of a sudden, she finds the air in the room suddenly very, very humid. A heavy mist swirls about the place, and she closes her eyes once more and loses herself in it, allowing her consciousness to drift towards those in the center of the room. She feels herself changing, constantly changing as her body disappears, and then somehow knows that it is time to open her eyes again. When she does, she finds herself standing with the other members of the room around a large table with some interesting writing on it.

"Hello, there," she speaks to no one in particular, and then serenely closes her eyes and vanishes again as she becomes one with the mists and tours the room, zooming around it, visible as a strong current in the swirls of mist. She stops again after a short time, back at the table. "My name is Tumine. Who are you all? What is this place?"
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-05-27 at 01:16 AM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

10. - Top - End - #70

Filingio Ailillinan [ Room 6 ]
    Turn 1.1

Filingio comes out of his door.

"Quite a nice atmosphere, but I fear it may be a bit too hot," mumbles Filingio nonchalantly. He closes his eyes, stretches out his arms, and hums for a few moments. The temperature is suddenly just right. "Perfect." He notices the others.
    "Ah, fellow... somethings," says Filingio, walking up to the others, eyes flickering in anticipation, unsure of what to call himself and the others. "What are we?"
    ·Bitzeralisis·

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 1.4

For a moment Forneus considers demonstrating what they learned to the nosy newcomer, but decides to ignore the urge. It wouldn't be as fun the second time around.

The immortal seems deep in thought for a moment, then he speaks to the table again (obviously ignoring the newcomers). Eh? You were saying? I think I drifted off for a bit. So does anybody in this room... or in the walls around it... know what the writing on the walls is all about?

Forneus scratches his chin, then waves his hand at the symbols on the wall, concentrating and trying to wipe a small fraction (a symbol or two) out. If that doesn't work he tries to deface a symbol with his hands.

Regardless of the outcome, Forneus suddenly turns around and walks toward one of the doors mentioned as holding "power". It somehow seems to me that everything with a purpose can't be easily destroyed. he murmurs as he walks toward the door on Ripik's side and examines it carefully. He tries to will it open, then push/pull it open and finally (if the other two don't help) shooting a few arrows at and through it.
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-26 at 02:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

The table writing continues to spin.

Greetings, greetings! My, we're collecting quite the party, aren't we?"
    Heh, yeah. They're like a swarm of parasites.
    Now Falenra, just because you're jealous that they get bodies and you don't doesn't mean that you have to take it out on them.
    Yeah, fine, I guess. I just...I feel stretched, and with each one that comes in I feel more so. Do you feel that?
    Yes, but that discussion is for another time. What is of import right now is figuring out what is going on, and I think it's an excellent suggestion to make a list of what we are sure of. I'll keep track of the list as best I can-
    Oh no you won't Ripik. You need to keep an eye on those dialogue notes. Hey, you two, the ones with the questions. Read that. It'll answer absolutely nothing, but it will make you feel better. I'll keep track of the list of things we know, and just to aid that, I'd like to start by asking if everyone knows their names.
    Why Miss Falenra, I didn't know you had an organizational streak in you.
    I don't. I'm just annoyed and want to know what's going on, and your way seemed like a good idea.

At this point Forneus tries to erase some of the names and pictograms over the doors. Most of them disappear for an instant before returning, until he gets to the one over his own door, which he seems to be able to change at will. Moving to the blocked off door on Ripik's side, first he stands at it for a bit, with no effect, then begins to move away chunks of rubble.

Well, I must admit a certain priiiiiii-! Gah! What are you do-ooo-ooing, Forneus? That feels...bloody amazing! My mind
    Ripik? Ripik! What did you do you overly mobile buffoon? You made him pass out! Normally I'd thank you but we need him!
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2008-05-26 at 03:51 AM.
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Forneus stops for a moment, surprised at the new development at the table. Finally, I think I've found something that HAS an effect on this place, he says to himself (but loud enough for the others to hear). He then turns toward the door again and continues clearing the rubble. Without stopping he shouts, supposedly at Falenra: Mobility seems to be a privilege and I'm planning to enjoy it despite your objections. I'm afraid that if we sit around and listen to you we may end up in the same pitiful state. What's more, I'm growing ever more annoyed by you lot trying to tell me what to do without a good reason or the power to back it up. Now do not interrupt me you abrasive confined... thing.

Forneus continues clearing the rubble, ignoring any further verbal objections.

Edit: as he works away he murmurs something under his breath. If anybody cares to come close and hear it, it goes something along the lines of "Parasites, she says. Irritating table imp! I'd burn the table they reside in and blow the remains across the universe if only I wasn't sure it's cursed with the same permanence as the rest of this realm of madness. ".
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-26 at 04:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1

Plamal looked at the new arrivals and he suprisingly enough put the image of each of them over their door. Then Plamal put the image of pollen over Ark's door. "Ha I forgot."
    Plamal takes a drink of some of his wine and summons up an animal to eat while looking at the writing on the table. "Do you new arivals have any names, mines Plamal of Plants, animals and water?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek spent some time organizing a path from his door#3 to the central circle. He paved the soil into smooth concrete and replanted the vegetation along the path into orderly garden.

When Forneus began his manipulations with Ripik’s door, Tek moved to him and started assisting by moving the discarded rubble into organized pile.

Tek murmurs to Forneus: “Perhaps the problem is, they broke something. We should concentrate on fixing the mess”

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmpf! See if I care!

As that is written on the table, Forneus and Tekeventually manages to clear enough rubble to reveal the room that is behind the opening on that side. A room, completely circular, is revealed before them. It has a domed ceiling as well, and the walls are lined with bookcases. Those bookcases in turn, are filled with all kinds of books and are, in fact, stuffed with them. They can be found in differing sizes and colors all throughout.

Ripik? Ripik!

Goes the swirling of text on the other end of the table again, but with no response from Ripik.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-05-26 at 06:33 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1

Plamal turned into a hawk and flew to the other door as fast as his wings could take him. Once their he turned into a dragon type creature and tried to use his arms and tail to swipe the rocks away from that side.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek pauses in front of the entrance (but behind Forneus, should he choose to enter). Then he asks Falenra: “What is happening to Ripik? You said he passed out?”

As Plamal begins uncovering the second door Tek moves to the center, waiting to see if this affects Falenra.

19. - Top - End - #79

Ark

Ark moves inside the circular room that was recently uncovered, walking to a random bookcase and attempts pulling out a tome to read it.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Forneus does not take note of Tek until all the rubble is cleared. Then he steps in the room, but stops and turns his head back to face Tek: I can't say I know much about fixing things. Just doing my own thing works so far. Forneus then notices Plamal's effort and smiles: Copycat. You will come to your senses. Freedom trumps order. (this is said out loud in a normal calm voice, but with the sound of clearing rock Plamal may not be able to hear).

Forneus steps in the room, reaches out and picks one book at random. He flips through the pages, at first slowly examining each one, then faster and faster until he reaches the end. Useless. Flames arch from his hand and engulf the book, which he throws on the floor.

Forneus walks around the room, pushing and pulling at the shelves, pushing books down on the floor. It is obvious that he's looking for something of interest, though he is making a mess in the process.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1

Plamal either didn't hear Forneus or chose not to answer it but then realised something. Plamal bellowed while still clearing the rubble."Are you fine with me doing this as it might not be reversable?"

"Oh and Forneus how did you get that arrow you shot at me?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek calls to Forneus “Your passion is admirable, but you are making a mess of your victory. Those books might have some value, unapparent on just one glance.”

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Hahah! Forneus seems genuinely amused. After our little talk do you think I can object to what you are doing? It's fine with me, but you may wish to consult the others. I would rather wish to see how a real disagreement would be settled in our current condition.

Forneus turns back to his task, but stops for a moment.

The arrow... I'm not sure, for some reason expected it to come back. Possibly by the same token that you expected to be able to manipulate things around? Anyhow I am content with knowing how things work. For now I think it's too early to delve in the reasoning behind all of this. We really need to learn more first.

Edit: (ninja'd by Tek)

Forneus shrugs: Victory? We are still prisoners and none the wiser. This is hardly progress, let alone victory. So far experience shows that nothing useful can be destroyed. Destruction, in this line of thought will distill this mad reality into what is really important.
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-26 at 07:11 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1

"Tek, do you have anything like that arrow?" Said Plamal as he flew to libary, deciding to view it before its burnt to a crisp. Plamal looks around to see if he can find the largest book. "Yes I should wait for the others permission."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-05-26 at 07:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek speaks to Forneus - "Nothing of meaning can come of destruction. Of course if you wish to play we can’t stop you."

"Most anoying situation. This absolute freedom is revolting." A ripple of disgust goes through Tek’s face.

"I have." Tek answers to Plamal. He produces a small silver medal, beutifully ornated. "I'm not sure it would come back, if I throw it though."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1

Plamal half heartedly tries to turn the medal into a rose, while still looking for the largest book. Plamal looked back to see the medal unchanged. "How beautiful, do you mind if I borrow it for a moment?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Forneus stares at Tek. I have derived much meaning from my actions so far and I already explained how they will further help our search. I see no point in a discussion that obviously contradicts the facts... At least those that we have uncovered so far.

Tek's words might have had a larger impact than Forneus expresses, as the immortal stops his search, faces Tek and puts his arms on his hips. I am happy to hear any constructive suggestions you have, or do you just wish to hamper my progress?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek considers his answer and then responds:

“I am concerned with your destruction, because of the two without bodies. These two rooms are linked to them. What if by invasion and desecration of rooms we would kill them. The knowledge they possess might be lost forever. I suggest we exercise patience

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1

Plamal decided that he had enough time in the room and that he had learnt as much as we was ever likely to get and left the room as he did so he took a dragon like form with incredible hearing and started to clear out the rubble from the other door.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos

Ikeklos had been standing stock still for the duration; It considered the actions of the Others with growing irritability. Too much action, too much commotion! Their exuberance annoyed and, more importantly, worried it. Ikeklos would have to keep track of these... Wastrels, if for no other reason than to find out why they worried it so...
    Something had been nagging at its senses. Ikeklos tried to put it into words, its body cracking as frozen-over joints moved once more.

"I feel... Purpose. A need to do... Something, the nature of which is nebulous. The Others have professed to have Purpose, an attraction to something, and it defines them. What, Table-Writers, is your Purpose?"