New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Latheria (casual d&d)

You awaken in a gray plane devoid of all features. You rember being taken from your bed last night but that is it; you can now see several different forms laying all around you, and as you rise to get a better look you hear a deep and powerful voice. The voice is the most beutiful thing you have ever heard in your entire life, you listen intently, unsure of whether you are unble to, or unwilling to break the amazing sound.
    "Fear not my children," the voice says,"for i am Corellon Larethian. You are my chosen. And i
    have become disgusted with the world, in particular my favored continent Latheria. The elves have turned from my teachings, and for that, they must be punished. I am sending you on a journey to clense this filth from the planet. I do not care how you achieve this so long as it is acomplished, it pains me to see any elves acting in such a manor and i shall not tolerate it. Now i will not lie to you, many of you could and problably will perish on this mission. But for those of you who survive there will be rewards greater than your wildest dreams. (He pauses) I have placed a heavy burden on your shoulders and do not expect all of you to join my jihad, those of you who dont will be returned to their home. those of you who join me will be imediatly sent to latheria." He dissapears and you are all left to look around at each other, with the voice gone you find you are able to speak again. When he left you also heard an audible click behind you. a quick look confirmes that 2 portals have opened, one home, and one to Latheria.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Laziness is oft looked down upon by society. It is an ideal of utter slacking and procrastination. Only the least lively have what it takes to become truly undedicated. I have embraced these ideals and have been utterly rewarded by the gods of do nothing. How they managed to get off their divine bottoms boggles my mind, but they did. It was in the form of their divine messenger that I now have an avatar, so thanks to you Mr_Saturn. The gods have used your despicable lack of lazy against you!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Latheria (casual d&d)

Without hesitating Vinath strides forward into the portal leadng to Latheria. My god has given me this task, I'll do my best to live up to his expectations. Vinath thinks to himself as he enters the portal.

OCC: I'll claim Dark Green for talking
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

So we could ruin the whole game by going home instead . . . Nah too easy.

Caspar finds himself before his god and entrusted with a quest. He takes the appropriate position for prayer and offers up a poem of thanks.
    "Great god I adore.
    You bless me as your chosen.
    Great god I praise.
    I go in your name."

And Caspar chooses the Latheria portal
    I call Sienna for my color
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-05-27 at 11:48 AM.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Draelam stands up not realizing that he had been on his knees.

"My lord asks only of me to fulfill my deepest desires. I could want nothing more."

Striding up to the portal the elf closes his eyes and moves his index finger along his chest in a crescent shape before stepping through to Latheria.
    Last edited by Nomadic; 2008-05-27 at 09:45 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am clearly tempted to make my character return home because he is already ''moradin's chosen''. But I really don't want to mess with the game so I'm going to ask you: will it really affect the game if I choose to return home?
    Last edited by Flame_Excess; 2008-05-25 at 10:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame_Excess View Post
    I am clearly tempted to make my character return home because he is already ''moradin's chosen''. But I really don't want to mess with the game so I'm going to ask you: will it really affect the game if I chose to return home?
    it wouldnt ruin the game, it would problaby make Corellon angry contrary to what he told you. if you did it would certinly make a good backstory and you would problaby be approached by the elves to champion them in the coming ays of darkness. and just for future referance i wont generaly give you oppertunitys to break the game so feel free to make the choice you feel is necisary.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Laziness is oft looked down upon by society. It is an ideal of utter slacking and procrastination. Only the least lively have what it takes to become truly undedicated. I have embraced these ideals and have been utterly rewarded by the gods of do nothing. How they managed to get off their divine bottoms boggles my mind, but they did. It was in the form of their divine messenger that I now have an avatar, so thanks to you Mr_Saturn. The gods have used your despicable lack of lazy against you!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erh...Wha's dis? Whur do I stand?

Bardok pauses, speaking to himself. He looks at the others, formulating a possible approach sequence in his head.

Erh...'ven if I asked sumone, it wund matter much. he mumbles. Dis gimme no real choice. I choice t'return 'ome.

Bardok shakes his head once more before to go through the portal that will bring him back home.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Cialyna got up, groaning. A quest? A choice? Of course I will take it. Coralon calls. She steps through the portal to Latheria.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2008-05-26 at 11:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bosh nods solomnely in the direction where he believed his god to be speaking to him from, then runs thru the Larethia portal.

GrandMasterme, call me on my cell when u see this. (yes, GrandMasterMe and I know each other IRL.)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

"huh? whuh? ok....I'll do it......but I'm more concerned about avenging Master Keronin......Hardomak you shall pay....." he jumped through the Latheria portal.

OOC: anyone else get the reference to the Matrix? ('yknow, red pill/blue pill?)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

So does that make our monk Neo? (Do we have a monk?)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

Melchoir

The muscular elf bows, and says "[color=olive]My life for you, my Lord[/olive]" and walks through the portal to Lahteria.

Description - Five-foot even Elf, with green eyes, Black hair, and musclar, for an elf.

[ooc] I claim Olive if that's cool
    The rules of boxing in Hawaii and throughout Polynesia were quite simple, opponents would take turns exchanging blows until one of them quits or is knocked out. Opponents are not allowed to block or dodge the punches.

Talk about fun!

Brimstone, Warforged Warlock

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    So does that make our monk Neo? (Do we have a monk?)
    yes we have monk! I'm the monk!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sweet! Hey GMM can I take weapon focus (party monk)? :P

15. - Top - End - #15

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Statistikx View Post
    Melchoir

The muscular elf bows, and says "[color=olive]My life for you, my Lord[/olive]" and walks through the portal to Lahteria.

Description - Five-foot even Elf, with green eyes, Black hair, and musclar, for an elf.

[ooc] I claim Olive if that's cool
    You need "/color" not "/olive" to get the text color.
    My character is tall for a half-elf, but not so tall as to be unusual. Were it not for the ears, he would look like a scrawny mid-sized human. He carries a spear and a bow strapped to his backpack, a quiver of arrows dangle from his belt. His hair is dark raven and his eyes are hazel.
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-05-27 at 04:09 PM.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sweet! Hey GMM can I take weapon focus (party monk)? :P
    Sure go ahead
    As Bardok returns home he instantly falls sick, in the span of several minutes he goes from exibiting symptoms of the common cold to the verge of death. As he feels his time for him come he is stricken with a vision of two gods arguing, one looking elvish and one looking dwarven. As he approaches them he can overhear what they are saying
    I chose the dwarf first!"
    "but he is more suited to my tasks"
    "You merly desire to kill your children"
    [/SIZE]

Once the gods notice him they look Bardok in the face and come to a conclusion, the choice was his and he will live with it. As the elvish looking god turns to leave he wispers in Bardok's ear
    "You have not heard the last of me"
    As soon as the elvish looking god is out of sight the Dwarvish looking one bends down and tells Bardok, "My child, i am most pleased you didnt choose to associate yourself with that monster, Corellon. As a reward i am rewarding you with a medalion of myself. Should you ever find yourself in the company of a hostile dwarf bring this before him and he will become your friend upon looking at it."
    After the ordeal with the gods, Bardok awakens to find his mysterious illness gone and a medal in the likness of a handpuppet clown with the letter "M" engraved on it in his hand.

Those who stepped through the portal find themselves on a boat with the wind in their hairs, as they look around they find that a brand new weapon has been provided for them with an obvious gleam and the letter "C" engraved on them. When they look up they see a storm to the east with waves becoming more violent by the second. To the north there is nothing but ocean and to the south there is a small port. As the storm moves nearer it is obvious to all that the port is there only hope of survival.

The weapon is a plus 1 of your choice as long as it is from the PhB or is aproved by me, i would apreciate if you would say what you chose with your next post
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Draelam fingers the smooth yew longbow now resting in his hands. Reaching back behind him he draws on arrow and nocks it on the bow, holding it experimentally.

"A fine weapon this. It shall serve Corellon well if I have any say in the matter."

Putting the arrow back in the quiver he turns to face the storm.

"It will be a violent time before all of this is done. Even nature seems to forebode the trials to come."

He then turns to look at the others. Studying them one at a time as they come through.

Side question... how serious is this game going to be? And how many arrows did I get with my bow?
    Last edited by Nomadic; 2008-05-27 at 06:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

Shoken found he was wielding Nunchaku (Nunchucks) with a letter "C" on it. "a fine weapon, one to help me strengthen myself when I avenge my Master"

19. - Top - End - #19

Looking around, he sees the storm, and the port. Muttering to himself "I wonder how me drowning will help me serve Him..." He pauses, and looks into his right hand, noticing a finely crafted Scythe, with a C etched into the blade. He then looks into his left hand, at a well-used, and maintained scythe, with a semi-confused look, almost as if to say "now where in the nine hells am I going to put this!"

[ooc] I know you don't have to /olive
    The rules of boxing in Hawaii and throughout Polynesia were quite simple, opponents would take turns exchanging blows until one of them quits or is knocked out. Opponents are not allowed to block or dodge the punches.

Talk about fun!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Vinath looked at the coming storm. Getting up he picked up his new longsword and placed it in its sheath. Come on, we're going to need to get to that town before we get hit by that storm. He urged them as he began to search the boat.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2008-05-27 at 07:13 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Well unless you are swimming there the only way we are going to get there is with this ship."

The rogue looks around the ship examining it.
    Last edited by Nomadic; 2008-05-27 at 07:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Oops my bad, I thought the boat was already at the shore. Don't ask me why.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Looking around, Melchior says "I've never been out of the forest. I don't know what to do on a boat...."

Talk about fun!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

"hmmmmm...we are in boat, the middle of the ocean, and there storming coming for us.....I got it, the god that assigned to the mission is testing us! we must pass it!" Shoken declared

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aye!, by moradin! It's 'im! I sa' 'im i' me vision!

Bardok squeases the puppet in his hand. He observes it with both hands. He smiles and then delicately put it in his backpack.

Dis' such an 'onor to 'ave 'im rewar' me. By da gods, I promise I'll not fail ya me father.

Bardok, one knee on the ground, presses his fist on his chest, faithfuly. He stands up fiercely and puts his backpack back in its place. He looks around.

Where am I ?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

Will post later tomorrow. Sorry about delay.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bosh swings his new longsword around in the air, listening to it cut the air. "This will do." He said, sheathing the sword. "We need to bring this ship about and head for the harbor before that storm gets to us! I'll take the helm!"

We need a plan.
    Last edited by Ranger_Bosh; 2008-05-27 at 11:50 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Side question... how serious is this game going to be? And how many arrows did I get with my bow?
    The game can be as serious as you want, you got 50 arrows with the bow. As ranger bosh takes the helm the storm aproaches with increacing velocity. It is now obvious to all that you won't be able to outrun the strom

Once Bardok awakens and puts his new item away, he comes to the startling conclusion that he must find a way to get to latheria and that it is the will of his god to stop this genocide from happening at whatever the cost
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bad GMM, posting during class...

If one of you would open up the sails, we can ride the wind from the incoming storm into the harbor!

30. - Top - End - #30

EvilClericGuy

Caspar Tarsus holds up his yew longbow. "A replica longbow of the Archers of Greenwood. They slew many in the war against the followers of Gruumsh One-Eye. Such replicas are hard to duplicate." He notices Draelam's matching longbow. "Maybe this isn't a replica. . ."

He shoulders the longbow, planning on giving his shortbow to a companion later. Working the ropes he calls "Shall we go for a broad reach or running with the wind? I forget which is faster."

I hope you don't mind me making up a little history for the weapons. I just find a little history blurb makes the weapon just a little more special.