New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: Latheria (casual d&d)

Cialyna fingers the beautiful rapier Corralon has left her.Perhaps this is a tests, but my skill in sailing is minimal and I can't help but thinking that perhaps the test could have been improved. Does anyone have any idea how we can survive that gale?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"When the Wind hits the sail, we will need strong hands to hold this rope to keep the sail trim. The ship will lean into the sail's side. We will a need to blance the ship or we will capsize!" Caspar raises his voice over the wind. "Our other options are to turn around and sail through the storm; or lower sail, hit the deck and pray the waves run us aground before they sink us."
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-05-28 at 12:08 PM.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Running with the wind is much faster, as long as the wind is going the same direction we need to go.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Draelam shoulders his bow and looks over at Caspar.

"It seems that you know more than I about such weapons. It is good to hear what you say, for this then is a worthy weapon that will make the followers of the one eye tremble."

Then turning he heads up to the ropes that Caspar mentioned and grabs hold.

"I will admit that I am not the strongest of people, perhaps one of those with better muscles than I could lend a hand."

5. - Top - End - #35

EvilClericGuy

One things for sure, we are going to get wet.
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-05-28 at 02:07 PM.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bardok has to get to Latheria, and so that's what he does.

No, really, where am I? Like I can't develop if I have no clue of my suroundings. I could create my own view of my home but that wouldn't be particularly wise when it's usually the DM's task.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Vinath moves over to the other side of the ship and grabs hold of a rope and ties it around himself. Here, we should tie ourselves to the boat in case we get knocked overboard. He shouts over the wind.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

Melchior drops one scythe, and sticks the otherone between his backpack and his back. He grabs hold of the rope and says "Just tell me what to do, I don't want to drown before this continent is sanitized"
    The rules of boxing in Hawaii and throughout Polynesia were quite simple, opponents would take turns exchanging blows until one of them quits or is knocked out. Opponents are not allowed to block or dodge the punches.

Talk about fun!

Brimstone, Warforged Warlock

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Nor do I. Personally, I would prefer dry land beneath my feet at this moment. Yet a wooden deck is preferable to a raging sea beneath me."

Turning to Caspar he indicates the rope with a yank.

"So I am not quite up to date with my seamanship, a few pointers on trimming the sails would greatly aide our chances of survival.

Draelam gives a wry grin.
    Last edited by Nomadic; 2008-05-28 at 10:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

"hmmmmmmmm, I don't think we should abandon ship- its more dangerous to be in a storm while in the water or in a rowboat- I think our best bet would be to turn ship in the direction of the wind, so that the sails would catch it and would get speed, and if the storm is moving towards us then it must the same way the winds blowing, so we should turn the ship the other way, and we might just stay ahead of it, or at least get to shore faster assuming its in the direction the wind is moving, who knows we might be going further out to sea if we move in its direction since yea, we are out at sea, where there is no landmarks and nothing to tell us where we are going, so might be going further out into the ocean, but moving with the wind will be safer than moving against it"

11. - Top - End - #41

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    "So I am not quite up to date with my seamanship, a few pointers on trimming the sails would greatly aide our chances of survival.

Draelam gives a wry grin.
    "If the sails flap. they need to be released out a little and then pulled in a bit. If they are not curved as if they are catching the wind, then they need to be let out a lot and pulled back in. " Caspar gestures to the Ranger at the helm. "If he says Coming about or Jib Ho, DUCK!

We should be able to get to the harbor, but we will probablly get rained on and maybe a bruise or two as the storm overtakes us. If the storm starts damaging the sails, I will cast Mend.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame_Excess View Post
    No, really, where am I? Like I can't develop if I have no clue of my suroundings. I could create my own view of my home but that wouldn't be particularly wise when it's usually the DM's task.
    I am sorry but i didnt make up your backround, you did. I too could describe your home but you made it up and it wouldnt do your charocter justice if i described it. As far as where you are in the world, you can be from the chosen continent of moradin, if you want. To get to latheria just take a boat or somthing, it is your home and i dont know how you want it to be so...
    As you all take controll of the boat it quickly races to the shore, thanks greatly to the expertiese of Caspar. Once you arive on the shore and exit the ship you hear a great cracking noise, and you notice the ship you arrived on is shattered and destroyed. In the near distance you can make out the shapes of what appear to be buildings all circled around a statue that you cant seem to make out. The storm continues to buffet you, and you can tell that you need to find shelter before anything unfortinate happens to anyone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Laziness is oft looked down upon by society. It is an ideal of utter slacking and procrastination. Only the least lively have what it takes to become truly undedicated. I have embraced these ideals and have been utterly rewarded by the gods of do nothing. How they managed to get off their divine bottoms boggles my mind, but they did. It was in the form of their divine messenger that I now have an avatar, so thanks to you Mr_Saturn. The gods have used your despicable lack of lazy against you!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Thoroughly drenched with rain, Draelam takes a look around the ship for anything that might be useful later on.

Search if needed: (d20+9)[11]

After he is done with that he jumps onto the docks and walks up to solid ground.

"May I suggest we give that settlement a closer look. It would be preferable to catching our death out here in this storm."

The Elf wipes his hand across his eyes, brushing off thick droplets of rainwater.

14. - Top - End - #44

Melchoir looks around, and tries to see waht the statue in the town is
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[17] Spot check
    He says to the others - "I'll take Point." And he jogs ahead of the group, using his quick feet to keep ahead and scout
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen +6, Spot +4, let me know if i come accross something
    Last edited by Statistikx; 2008-05-29 at 03:28 PM.
    The rules of boxing in Hawaii and throughout Polynesia were quite simple, opponents would take turns exchanging blows until one of them quits or is knocked out. Opponents are not allowed to block or dodge the punches.

Talk about fun!

15. - Top - End - #45

EvilClericGuy

The bard will grab his spear and his gear and follow the others to the town. Once I get a good view of the statue, I'll make a bardic knowledge check to see if I get any info.
    Bardic Knowledge
    (d20+3)[20]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

I too shall take point. Bosh pulls out his longbow and knocks an arrow.
    Spot check d20+8 (15)
    Listen check d20+4(23)

Hey GMM, dont we get XP for overcomming the challenge of the storm?
    Last edited by Ranger_Bosh; 2008-05-29 at 07:06 PM. Reason: forgot to do my checks...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Vinath quickly checks he still has all of his equitment then hurries after everyone else.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Bardok is in Latheria because he was interested in founding a market running around ores and masonry. His idea was that he would have the benefit to be the only one to offer such products to elves. Also, the mountains of that continent were optimistically full of not gathered minerals, which was clearly the opposite back to Ferdunn, his underground city of origin. So, in search to sign a contract with a merchant in the closest city as soon as he had touched the continent, he had stoped by every single elf there to ask if they would like or knew someone who would like to do a partnership with him. After a full day of research, he went to an inn to drink odious beer until he would get drunk and that he passed out. Seeing the dwarf on his continent, Correllon rejoiced to see that the elves weren't rebuffed even with the race whose personality would frequently cause friction. His hopes were destroyed when he understood that Bardok's intentions were foolish and essentially strange. The vision was sort of a dream to Bardok who thought he would never witness divine interventions in his life but he realised as soon as he saw the handpuppet that he was bound to a very important matter which he wasn't concretely aware of.

/end of background. Okay?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Banned

Shoken runs towards the the town along with everyone else.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

You all enter the town and can now see that the statue in the center of the town is in fact a desicrated statue of Correllon Latherin. Once you enter the town a grissled old man with a hunch back looks at you in a puuzled way as soon as he sees that you have two people on point... and then shakes it off. He introduces himself
    "Hello i am Falgnor, I am the leader of this town. I don't know why you are here but feel free to follow me to my house where you can get out of this infernal rain. We can talk more there
    He walks away and enters a house a few houses away without giving you another look
    Spoiler
    Show
    Laziness is oft looked down upon by society. It is an ideal of utter slacking and procrastination. Only the least lively have what it takes to become truly undedicated. I have embraced these ideals and have been utterly rewarded by the gods of do nothing. How they managed to get off their divine bottoms boggles my mind, but they did. It was in the form of their divine messenger that I now have an avatar, so thanks to you Mr_Saturn. The gods have used your despicable lack of lazy against you!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Draelam quietly follows in after him and stands off to the side of the door, opposite the door jam. Shaking his head off causes a spray of rainwater to splash across the other people entering in from the rain. He unshoulders his bow and takes a look at it.

"Curse my absentmindedness, forgetting to keep my bow safe."

Pulling the bowstring off the bow shaft he carefully attempts to dry it with any bit of clothing on him that isn't yet drenched. Then running his hand along the shaft he brushes off any excess water and carefully leans it up against the wall next to him. He continues to gently run the bowstring through his hands, trying to dry it off. All the while completely forgetting that he is standing there in soaking wet clothing, dripping water on the floor.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bardok gets out of the inn close to the shore and where the newcomers arrive. He notices the group and heads hurriedly to introduce himself. He stops in front of Vinath.
    Bardok Thunderstone, to serve ya, me friends.
    He nervously tilts his head to the ground to salute the party.
    Wer ya goin' like dis? Oh, me apologies, wudn't want t'be indiscreet t'ya. I'm only demandin' ya if ya wuld be int'rested in op'nin' a trade market wit'me. Da ya own dat ship?
    Bardok doesn't stop, leaving no time for his interlocutors to understand which ship he pointed out in their inverse direction. He keeps on speaking.
    Ar' ya from 'ere? If so, I'm sure ya wud be t'perfect associate. Unless you aren't from 'ere. Err...in that case, ya wud be t'perfect associate wit'me anyway because, because... I'm dwarf! an' ev'ryone kno dat doin' sum bus'ness wit'dwarves'like doin' bus'ness wit'gold itself!
    Bardok laughs uninterruptedly.
    So, wud ya be int'rested in me offer, me friends?
    Last edited by Flame_Excess; 2008-06-01 at 09:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

After seeing the statue, Melchoir looks pretty on edge. He follows Falgnor into his house, an once inside starts to dry of his Scythe, in the same manner as Draelam dries off his bow.

"That statue... Who would desecrate such a thing?" he wonders to himself.

Talk about fun!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Banned

"people who have decided to turn away from their own god, but why?" Shoken wondered to himself

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Vinath

After seeing the desecrated statue Vinath makes sure that his weapon's holy mark is hidden. After all this is going to be hard enough without making our mission obvious. Vinath's toughts are interrupted by the dwarf coming up to him. Listening to the proposition Vinath is uncertin what to do, How about we discuss this inside over some food? He says stalling for some more time and wanting more information. Walking inside Vinath turns Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Vinath pleased to meet you. He adds.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2008-06-01 at 10:08 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bosh follows into the dwarf's house, and stands by any winmdow min the house,m and peers outside occasionally.

27. - Top - End - #57

EvilClericGuy

Caspar will enter with the others into the Mayor's house. Inside he will dry his weapons off as well. As the other's ask questions, he stays silent and listens.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I see you have met our resident dwarf." the old man says,"now if you dont mind we are a secluded town with not many visiters....so why are you here and what can i help you with?"
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

EvilClericGuy

I know i said I was going to listen, but it occurs to me that I am the bard, and I probablly have the highest Charisma and diplomacy score.

"Perhaps you can help us with that kind sir." Caspar says as he finishes matainance on his bow. "I am Caspar. My companions and I find ourselves called to a quest by the gods. But the gods do not always speak in Common. What we know is that we have been transported to this land and this Storm has driven us to you."

Caspar pauses briefly to make eye contact with those who were with him on the boat to let them know he's trying to get information rather than divulge information on their REAL quest. "Since you are familiar with this area, perhaps you know might know why the gods would see fit to guide us here. Perhaps there is something in this rarely visited village worth questing for?"

I do have a plan for our quest. Since we are first level characters, I figure we won't be able to go on a massive killing spree, even if every one we meet has an evil aura. Scratch that. SPECIALLY if everyone has an evil aura. I figure that we need to start small, get some information on the area. Maybe find out why the people have turned away from Correllon Latherin, maybe find a group of Correllon Latherin faithful.

But right now, Let's see if we can't find some info to build our plans from.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Draelam finally realizes that he is dripping wet and takes off his shirt.

"Nothing quite like rain to chill the bones."

Shaking off again he looks around the room for a place to allow his effects to dry off. This proves to be slightly difficult with water still dripping down his forehead into his eyes.

"Twice blasted storm!"

He again brushes the water out of his eyes.

"So where are we at exactly?"