New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Key of Destiny

1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Key of Destiny

Tobin
    Tobin shrugs, not really having a opinion on the matter. He looked over to the shelf wanting to explore a little.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

William

"Sounds kind of expensive.. I do not even have that kind of money on me currently." Says William in response to Caminus' question.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Talia is as discreet as she ever is as she joins the conversation.

Aw, let's just get her to look at the box.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #544
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Caminus

"What say the rest?"
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

5. - Top - End - #545
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivistka One-Named, Kagonesti Barbarian

Iv reached into her pack and collected the pouch of steel collected at the bandit camp. "It is perhaps meant to be that we should pay this Klaudia. We found this cash near to the box. If it is your belief that she might have valuable knowledge, it is possible to pay." With that, she counted out twenty steel and handed them to Caminus before carefully stowing the pouch back into the deepest recesses of her backpack.

6. - Top - End - #546

PirateCaptain

Caminus

Taking the coins, Caminus looks to the others to see if anyone disagrees. Barring none, he will approach the shopkeep and lay them out on the counter.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

7. - Top - End - #547
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler My triumphant return!

The knight had been silent since his last spell, responding with a weak smile or nod as people addressed. As they had entered the shop, however, Sir Vazler felt a renewed form of duty - that he would be representing the Knights of Solamnia, and should act accordingly. Smiling slightly, he presented himself to Klaudia with a deep bow. "Good day, miss. Before our business begins, I was wondering - did you know of a group of bandits outside the city under a man named Pegrin? For some reason, they desired you dead. Needless to say, the curs have been dealt with, but I merely wished to inform you that you need not concern yourself with them anymore."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

8. - Top - End - #548

"Sure I knew about Pegrin. The bloke's nothin' but an upstart Nerakan squire. I been pushin' him and his guys around for a while!" Klaudia answered, chuckling in a deep voice. "Think I'm scared o' bandits, knight?"

Apparently still finding the situation quite funny, the shopkeep took the money and the elven musical box. "That's quite a rare piece you got here, folks. Old and elven, by the looks of it. Elven music box, hmm...." She mused silently for a moment, before declaring. "I think I heard o' somethin' like that b'fore, but it'd need some more serious investigation. Gimme a hour and I'll have answers?

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    A whole hour? your not expecting us to just wait here while you search are you. Tobin whines, wanting to avoid the boredom of being pinned down by Ivistka agian.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2008-12-23 at 11:21 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #550

PirateCaptain

Caminus

"Perhaps I could be of assistance?" the wizard inquires. He considers to himself, I cannot let this one out of my sight, for this would be an opportune time to alert the Nerakans while we wait here for capture. Caminus will make sure to keep close tabs on the shopkeep.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

11. - Top - End - #551

"I doubt it, sir. I need to search through a book o' mine. Fairly certain I saw sumthin' about an ancient elven box of in th'old legends. And nah, ye don't have to stick around."

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Oh, I don't mind. You've got a pretty shop, and I've been walking around a fair bit. I'll just relax here for the hour.

Talia's face has that firmness that suggests that a very long conversation would not change the decision, only delay her departure.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

13. - Top - End - #553

"Suit yourself. I'm sure I can count on you and the knight t'keep th'kender from puttin' his hands on me stuff." Klaudia Lorn answered, smiling. She then headed to the backstage, leaving the group alone without any apparent second thoughts.

She came back a few minutes later with a large tome, which she dropped on the counter in a loud bam. The book was dusty and had visibly not been opened in a long while, but the shopkeeper proceeded immediately. She seemed to know what she was looking for.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

William

"Well, if you do not mind, I would like to take a walk while we wait then. I will stick nearby, do not worry, I just do not feel like waiting an hour in here. No offence meant, madam." William will politely nod towards Klaudia and move towards the door. Before he reaches that, however, he looks back at the others. "Perhaps Tobin would like to come along?" Slightly grinning at the kender having expressed a lack of desire to stick around, he awaits his answer before heading out.

When outside, William will just walk around a bit and if Tobin comes along, make sure to watch the kender. Otherwise, he will just look around and enjoy the walk, making sure to not be far from the shop and be back within the hour to hear the result.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Tobin cheerfully goes with William, and spends the time eagerly looking around and tries to spot anyone intreasting or anything intreasting happening.

Spot: (d20)[7]
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

As Tobin and William walk out of the shop, Iv slid up beside Caminus and asked him in their native tongue, <Wish you that I stay here? Else I would watch the little troublefinder...>

17. - Top - End - #557

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCents View Post

As Tobin and William walk out of the shop, Iv slid up beside Caminus and asked him in their native tongue, <Wish you that I stay here? Else I would watch the little troublefinder...>
    Caminus

Replying in their language, <I think it best you keep an eye on them - I will stay here and fill you in later.>

Caminus then does his best to sneak a peak at what is being looked at.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

18. - Top - End - #558
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

With a stiff bow to the shopkeep and a slim smile for her companions, Iv slid out of the store and out after Tobin. Her goal was to stay twenty paces or so from the kender. She wanted to stay close enough to aid in case of trouble without being so close her presence caused trouble.

She kept most of her attention on the bards and the people near them as they traveled through the town. Iv also kept an eye out for any threats in her immediate vicinity, and watched for any signs of the elven rangers.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Vazler merely smiled in return to Klaudia's claim, nodding slightly. "Of course not, miss."

Glancing to Tobin and William, Vazler smiled again and offered a small wave. "Try not to get into any trouble."

Moving next to Talia, Vazler glanced about the shop. "It would seem that the Herald was right; if this is the same box that she's speaking of, we've stumbled across something from elven legends." He said quietly to the paladin.
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Talia nods slightly, and replies to Vazler in a similarly subdued manner.

Yup. Hopefully, that makes it easier for us to learn about, not harder. Might be a very good thing we've got two elven friends along for this trip.

21. - Top - End - #561

Klaudia Lorn does nothing to stop Caminus from reading over her shoulder and the Silvanesti soon realises the half-ogre's research is dead on. She carefully reads through every bit of information she has, even though Caminus can see they are dispersed and incomplete.

After a hour - and not long after the others returned to the shop - she closes the large tome, looking quite satisfied. "It's as I thought. This music box must've been pilfered out o' th'Silvanesti royal palace, for it's an object passed down the line o' female elven royalty."

She eyed the key closely, visibly intrigued. "The Key o' Quinari was created by Silvanos, founder o' th'elven nation. Legends have it that it'd reappear in times of great need. That's as much a good as a bad omen!"

22. - Top - End - #562
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Vazler studied the box intently as Klaudia read aloud. As she finished, he couldn't help but let a smile cross his features - something that would appear in times of great need? Little else reminded him more of the tale of the dragonlances.

"Thank you very much, miss Lorn - your services have confirmed what we needed to know." Vazler complimented, moving up to the box and taking it in hand, looking at it closely.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    What should we do now? Tobin asked, having calmed down after his walk.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #564

PirateCaptain

Caminus

The weight of the shopkeeper's research presses in on Caminus as Tobin's words echo in his head. Caminus cannot help but look at Iv and wonder if there is something he or she should know about this device. After weighing the possibilities in his head, the elf says, "If this key is part of the Silvanesti, then it should be returned to them."
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

William

Looking over what the others are doing, William just shrugged on Tobin's question. "I guess Caminus is right." He states simply, frowning a bit at the device. "Though I wonder how its music will help in times of great need."

26. - Top - End - #566
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Iv stood, arms crossed, and watched the others talk. She waited a moment, and then asked, "That is all? How is it that an omen of trouble is a lady's plaything? Is it that there is more to know about this music, or this box? What is it that this toy will do other than play a little tune? One would think that Silvanos would have made that which is useful if this is to appear 'in times of great need'," she added bitterly. After a moment, Iv regained control of herself and continued, "Know you more of this, Mistress Lorn, or know you of where we might learn more?"

27. - Top - End - #567

"Sometimes th'simplest objet hold great power, miss." Klaudia said, her voice deep and serious. "I would follow yer mage companion's advice: look for th'Silvanesti elves. They should know more about what's theirs."

"Unfortunately, the Silvanesti are scattered since th'minotaur invasion. They've not entirely disappeared, though, 'specially this close to their kingdom o' old. Keep yer eyes peeled and ye could notice that sick folks sometimes move more gracefully than they should!"

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Talia nodded slowly.

Thank you so much for your wisdom and guidance, Klaudia. Wish us luck.

She glances at the others to confirm that they're also ready to go.

29. - Top - End - #569

"I do, I do. Y'might need it." Klaudia said. She watched the group leave her small shop when they are ready, shaking her head thoughtfully.

After their travel through the sewers and their time with the half-ogre, the sun had begun to set on Pashin. It still cast its red rays but the population on the city's streets had visibly changed. Gone were the young families and the street merchants were now packing their goods to return the following day.

The ladies of the night had also began roaming the streets, looking to make a living. One, a pretty half-elf with short curly hair, seemed to have taken particular interest in the group. While her eyes strayed long on Sir Vazler, she instead chose to approach William.

"Well, hello there, lovely. Might you be looking for a way to keep you entertained tonight?" she asked, offering the bard her most charming smile.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

William

"Greetings. Thanks for the compliment! I must say you look very lovely and pretty yourself." Says William with a friendly smile. He looks at her kindly, obviously liking the charming smile and pretty appearance of the half-elf lady. "But, uh, what kind of entertainment do you mean? A music performance?" He asks, not seeming aware of the entertainment the lady is referring to. "Oh, and my name is William Jackson. A pleasure to meet you." William then looks at the others momentarily, seeing as he is part of the group and he did not know what the immediate plan was. He looks questioningly, as if asking if he has time to go with the lovely half-elf lady.