New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Key of Destiny

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Key of Destiny

Tobin calms down at the amazing fact that his fellow bard did not know who The Herald is. The Herald is a man who knows everything, is immortal and tells stories like he was a witness to everything.

Tobin's eyes brighten always eager to play, he pulls out his flute and plays a few notes on it before cleaning it out. Well, I'm ready! He says cheerfully once he's done.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka, Kagonesti Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Annalia View Post
    ... two of Emaline's daughters come to your rooms with warm, steaming meals and a small keg of fresh ale...
    Ivestka looked completely baffled as the two girls brought food into the bedrooms. Her astonishment grew as the keg was set down. She sat, crosslegged on the floor near her neatly rolled bedding and continued to brush the travel dust from her cloaks, making no move to take the offered plate. "Is there a place to wash?," she asked the server politely. "Only the wild folk would eat with dirty hands," she said, without even a glance at Talia lolling on the bed with her dinner. Iv winked at the serving girl, and her green eyes twinkled.

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Talia

Relaxing at one end of the bed with her meal and sipping her ale, Talia enjoys the relative tranquility of Ivenka's company.

I used to think it was just the boys in my village. But they all seem to be...boys from a village, if you know what I mean. Are the Kagonesti men like this?
    "I ... don't understand your question, Talia Dire. People are different, each to their own, and are also the same. Humans act as humans, and kender as kender, and yet they are not bricks to be shaped, but persons to be cherished. The Kagonesti live within the woods and are a part of the woods, respecting the nature of each living thing."

"My people have been called prideful and quick to anger, but I remember the men of our village as protectors and guides. This is what I remember, but it has been many years since I was taken and I was yet a child. My father was kind and wise, fierce in his defense of our forest. I try to be the daughter he would have wished."

Iv looked wistful for a moment, and then her face hardened. Jaws clenched, she snarled, "Silvanesti, those I know. They cannot be trusted. Ever." The leather wrapping on her swort sword creaked as she clutched it, forcing herself back into control despite the red mist gathering at the edge of her vision.

Ivestka turned away from Talia until she could speak in her usual controlled voice. "I go in search of wine." With that, she leapt lightly to her feet. She left her bow next to her backpack, as well as her quiver. Pulling her cloak back on with a swirl, she paused as if to see if Talia had a comment, and then walked out, leaving the plate of food on the floor where the server had put it.
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-05-30 at 12:52 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

When Iv talks about her father, Talia can't help but smile.

That sounds nice. I wish my - Well, I think you're both really lucky, and that you've done a great job. A job of being that daughter.

Her smile vanishes. A hand creeps up to rub her forehead. At the mention of wine she looks up.

Ah, I'm good with just the one beer, thanks.

Her meal finished and a brief prayer of thanks murmured, Talia slumps gratefully against the wall, still sitting on one end of the bed. She is grateful for a few minutes of quiet rest.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

When Iv mentions a place to wash hands, one of the two chambermaids flushes and confounds herself in excuses - before quickly leaving to get it. Clearly, it wasn't everyone's habit to wash their hands in Pashin.

Wine can indeed be found at the common's room bar, where a short, burly man answers Iv. "What can I get ya, miss?" The room itself is a bit less crowded, and Iv can spot among those sitting Emaline - who gives her a small wave before continuing her discussion with the man sitting across the table.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

William Jackson

"Ah, thank you for that bit of information. Now, let us go and entertain Caminus with a lullaby before he falls soundly asleep." With that being said, William moves towards the room with Caminus and speaks to Tobin again. "How about the lullaby 'Hush a bye'?" If Tobin agrees, William will open the door, bowing slightly towards the two and lets Tobin go in first. "Greetings both of you. I believe Caminus requested a lullaby, so we are here to provide." With that said, he motions to Tobin to start with the flute, after which William sets himself to the wall and starts singing towards Caminus, making cheerful motions during the song.

"Hush-a-bye

Don't you cry

Go to sleep my little ba-by;
    When you wake,
    you shall have,
    all the pretty little horses.

Dapples and Greys,
    Pintos and Bays,
    Coach and six little horses.

Hush-a-bye

Don't you cry

Go to sleep my little baby
    When you wake,
    you shall have,

Way down yonder
    in the meadow
    poor little baby cries mama
    birds and butterflies
    flutter 'round his eyes
    poor little baby cries mama

Hush-a-bye

Don't you cry

Go to sleep my little ba-by;
    When you wake,
    you shall have,
    "

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Iveskta

Hands and face now clean, Iv asked for a simple meal and a small pitcher of ordinary wine. She sat down in the common room to eat, trying to get a sense of the mood of the inn. She watched everything, but attempted to avoid staring since she had found this disturbed the tall folk.
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-05-30 at 12:45 PM. Reason: bad grammar

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Sir Vazler watched happily as the two bards performed their song, amused at their dedication and entertained by their song. Once it was finished, he clapped courtly.

"An excellent performance, as always. I doubt I will have any trouble falling asleep now!" Vazler exclaimed, now in a casual nightshirt and pants for sleeping, Breastplate and Longsword within reach from his bedroll. Setting down onto it, he placed his hands under his head, looking up at the ceiling, preparing to rest.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

8. - Top - End - #38

PirateCaptain

Caminus

Caminus ignores the singing. He says nothing but continues to study.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Tobin grins and bows in response to Sir Vazler's compliement. Then he walks back to his room feeling drained from the exictment he felt eariler plus the long day walking. Curling up on the floor Tobin covers himself in his blanket and quickly falls asleep.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2008-05-30 at 04:06 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #40

The common room is filled with anticipations, as both locals and travelers talk of the Herald's coming. It was not a common event, and all were eager to see what tale the legendary bard would tell. A few had a more sober mood, and those were the ones Emaline were discussing with. Iv saw the innkeeper slid a few steel pieces their way before getting up, and heading to the kitchen.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

William Jackson

"Thank you for the compliment, Sir Vazler. I wish you pleasant dreams during a fine night rest." With that, William makes a graceful bow, after which he leaves with Tobin. Seeing how Tobin is off to sleep, William wishes him good night as well. He himself moves down the stairs again. Looking around in the common room, he spots Iv and waves to her, quickly trying to find a place near her after ordering some cheap food and drink. After having found a place close enough, he looks towards Iv and speaks up. "Ah, Iv. The others have gone to bed already, but I wanted to take a snack now, and will likely head to bed then. Some good food instead of those trail rations is nice, don't you think? And what do you think of Pashin so far?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka

"Yes, William Jackson, it is good to eat a meal cooked by another. Would you share my wine?," she asked, gesturing at the pitcher beside her. "The stew is very good, and the bread was baked today," she added, wiping the last bit of liquid up with the heel.

Iv paused for a moment and looked around the room. "William Jackson, why did Sir Vazler bring us here? Why does the landlady offer us a free meal if we hide ourselves upstairs?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

William Jackson

"I would love to share that wine and I thank you for the kind offer!" Remarks William as he pours some wine for himself. Taking a sip of it, he exclaims. "Ah, that tastes good. And you are right about the food!" He started to eat as Iv looked around, but he made care to listen as Iv spoke up. making sure he is speaking with an empty mouth, he gives a response. "Well, to be honest, I have not given it much thought. I just look forward to the things we come across on our path. The landlady was indeed nice. Perhaps a gesture of good will or because we are so likeable?" He says that last part with a joking expression on his face and a smile towards Iv.

14. - Top - End - #44

PirateCaptain

Caminus

Finished with his studies, Caminus closes his book and puts it back in his pack. He then sits in the bed and looks at the Solamnic and inquires, "Does it not bother you to be here in the viper's nest? I mean with all of these evil knights around, shouldn't you be challenging them to duels or some such?"
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

"No. The knights of Neraka will be dealt with in due time, but I do not desire their blood. Kiri-jolith, in the place of his father, Paladine, will guide me to my righteous cause. If the knights find me, then we will test our courage - if not, then it was not meant to be." Sir Vazler concluded, not looking over to the wizard throughout.
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

The young woman, grateful for the few minutes of respite, utters a reflexive prayer of thanksgiving, and rises to her feet. She slides her sword under the bed, confirms that her hair is still gathered behind, and heads down into the gathering hub-bub. She nods to her companions as she heads down, but doesn't immediately go to them. Instead, she did a quick and cheerful circuit of the room, seeing if any of the others carried obvious symbols connecting them to the White Lady.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka One-Named, Kagonesti Barbarian

Iv laughed lightly at William's comments, "Of course, that must be it. I know that I must fend off admirers with a stick," she said with a smile, glancing at the empty places around her at the table. She noticed Talia entering the room and waved hesitantly. The paladin seemed to be on a mission and Iv didn't want to interrupt.

"Would you have more wine, William Jackson? I will fetch more from the bar." Iv shouldered her way up to the bartender and ordered another pitcher and some bar snacks. On her way back to the table she stopped dead and the blood drained from her face. She hurried back and leaned to murmur in William's ear.

"Er, William Jackson, where is Tobin? If you are here and I am here and Talia is here, then he is alone with the others, yes?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

William Jackson

William did not notice Talia had entered the room and when Iv waved hesitantly, he was a bit surprised. He looked to whom she waved and then saw Talia. He too gave a quick wave, before turning back to Iv. Who already got up to get some wine. William smiled and waited for her return.

"Ah, thank you for the wine, Iv." Was William's first response when she got back, not really seeming anxious when Iv seemed to react as such about Tobin. Grabbing some food, he gives a warm smile towards her and in a relaxed manner, he states: "He went to bed, no need to worry about him." Taking a bite out of the food, he motions for her to sit again and relax. "Relax and enjoy the calm for now."

19. - Top - End - #49

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Vazler View Post

"No. The knights of Neraka will be dealt with in due time, but I do not desire their blood. Kiri-jolith, in the place of his father, Paladine, will guide me to my righteous cause. If the knights find me, then we will test our courage - if not, then it was not meant to be."
    Caminus

"You show wisdom beyond your years, Sir Vazler. That is why I have chosen to stay with you. Perhaps you should check on the others? They are certainly well into their cups by now, and there is no telling what that kender is into I would imagine."
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

"I thank you for your kind words, Caminus; and I believe the others are staying out of trouble. I believe Tobin has retired after discovering his bardic idol, the Herald, will be arriving tomorrow, and the others will be eating, drinking or relaxing for a moment. Given the conditions of the plains of dust we had to traverse, I believe we have all earned an evening of quasi-luxury." Sir Vazler replied.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Talia indeed found a Mishakal healer in the tavern, and the middle-aged man was pleased to make conversation with her. He had arrived in Pashin not long before the minotaurs' invasion, and had seen both waves of Silvanesti refugee and of fleeing Dark Knights come in. He had taken residence in the main temple, which was right across the square - thus is presence in the Five Dragons. The Temple of the True Gods, as it is called, houses small shrines to all deities of Krynn - even those who recently lost this status.

Hours passed by as Talia spoke to the old man, and as Iv and William enjoyed the house's fine wine. The silver-red light cast by the twin moons cast ever-growing shadows, and the three companions eventually felt their exhaustion catch up. With the semi-curfew established by the Dark Knights, those who did not stay at the Five Dragons had long left - and many others had retired to their room. Tali, Iv and William eventually did the same.

Morning came in the form of warm sunlight peering through the window, and birds chirping happily around the Main Square. It had been quite a restful night, for the inn's small beds were far more comfortable than the bare ground. Emaline did not come to seek you, and though the inn seemed strangely quiet, the square was already bustling with activity. In a hour or so, the famous Herald would be there.

Why the inn was so quiet was easily figured out as the group headed downstairs: Emaline had closed it to outsider for the hour preceding the Herald's arrival, for she knew she would get a full room as soon as he stepped in the Square. After all, the man's voice reputedly carried far, and it would be easily heard with her door open. A few customers were eating their breakfast, and the group soon joined in.

Warm eggs and bacons were served to the group, along with a freshly-made orange juice. The waitress - although neither of the two girls you'd seen yesterday - also bore some resemblance with Emaline. Visibly, this business was a family affair. It was only once they were finished eating that Emaline showed up. She already looked somewhat tired, even though it was early morning. "Good morning. I hope you had a good night of sleep." She started cleaning out the plates, helping her daughter. "You'd better go out now if you want to see the Herald. The Square's half-filled already, and he'll be arriving soon."

"Sir Vazler, I would enjoy a private talk with you. Perhaps we could go up to your room, from which we would retain a good view on the main square. With the windows open, you would still hear the Herald's tale."
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-06-03 at 12:33 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Sir Vazler - now re-equipped with armor and sword - nodded to their host, having eaten the breakfast so kindly laid out for them. "Most certainly, dear lady."

The knight turned to the others. "I will be nearby, so go ahead and enjoy the show without me." He added with a smile.

With that, he waited for the host and himself to depart, and the others to head outside.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin eats quickly and almost chokes in his haste. Washing it down with a glass of wine he rushs out and is quickly lost in the crowd as he tries to make his way to the front. Finally after many minutes of ducking past people and avoiding being stepped on, Tobin arrives at the center of the square and sees a group of kender who had gathered to hear The Herald's stories. Tobin goes over to them and begins chatting with them telling them that he would get to meet The Herald personally after the show. Soon the kender begin to trade items and Tobin joins in startled to see that apparently some new objects had fallen into his pouchs while he was working his way though the crowd.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #54

The other kenders are quite glad to trade with Tobin, listening to his tale with excitement and a bit of jealousy. From the sound of it, they all wanted to meet him personnally. As Tobin spilled his pockets on the ground, he discovered a silver spoon, a long quite-colourful feather forming a refined quill and a small ruby.

The other kenders had items of all kinds: a ring with twin serpents twisting around each other, a set of metallic keys, steel pieces apparently coming from Solamnia, a pair of long, silky white gloves, and many others.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

William Jackson

"Thank you for your kind care, good lady Emaline. We appreciate your warm kindness." With this, he made a courteous bow and then stands normally again. "Good Sir Vazler, a shame to see you not with us, but we will be sure to enjoy it on your behalf." With a nod towards Vazler, William then turns towards the square, towards the place where the Herald is. Near the door he waits for the others to join him. If they do, he will ask them the following: "Have you seen Tobin? When I woke up he was already gone."
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-04 at 02:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

PirateCaptain

Caminus

Caminus eats his meal, feeding Buteo some of the treats, and studies in the room. When Sir Vazler and Emaline show up Caminus remains quietly contemplating the spells to select for the day. After several throat clearings by Sir Vazler, Caminus takes the hint that privacy is wanted. Caminus overstays his welcome long enough to test the patience of the knight, but sighs heavily and gets up to join the fanatics in the common square.

He instructs Buteo to keep an eye on the two and to emote danger if something 'bad' happens to the knight. The hawk perches itself in the trees or on a roof where it can see inside the window.

Cam then saunters down with his hood pulled high as if to block out the sun, but really to hide his elven features. He stays out of arm's reach of everyone and keeps his back against the tree or building Buteo has perched itself.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

27. - Top - End - #57

Caminus had barely reached a small, knotted tree when the crowd suddenly hushed. Tobin was glad he'd placed himself at the center, for the square was quite crowded today. William and the others had to shove their way to get a good view of him as the popular bard reached the square's center.

The Herald was a man in his sixties, with white hair and a trimmed beard. He spoke with an Abanasinian accent and, with a few words and elegant wave of his arm, he hushed the gathered crowd. "I am known as The Herald. The memories of Krynn are mine to know and share. In my dreams, I have lived the lives of many. I have led men into battle on the side of both Good and Evil. I have fought on dragonback and wielded a mighty dragonlance. I have lived, loved and died a thousand times." He marks a pause and, in what is for the crowd a barely audible whisper, he adds "Today, I will share some of my tales with you."

The crowd cheers and shouts "Tell of Huma! Tell of Raistlin and the Dark Queen! Tell of Lord Ariakan's fall among the minions of Chaos!" A steely gaze from The Herald silences the crowd once more. "I have another story for you this day." the Herald intones. "I shall tell you of a young girl named Mina and of a great war. One not fought over control of Krynn but of the souls of its people."

Another pause -- the time for the audience to install themselves for the long story that was to come. "Our story starts with the end of the War of Chaos. Chaos itself was running wild on Krynn's surface, spreading death and destruction. The face of the world was changing quickly and to stop the calamity, the gods themselves came down from the heavens. Together, they would safeguard the people and world of Krynn.

But Takhisis, Queen of Darkness, had others plans. When the god descended to the mortal realm, she stood back and watched. She had recently pooled her power, building it up to achieve her plan. She waited for the gods to destroy the Chaos and, as they were weakened and distracted from the epic battle, she pulled the world away, litterally moving the realm to a different location in the cosmos. The other gods were unable to find their way back and were effectively cut off. They could not commune with their followers anymore and clerical magic became impossible on Krynn."

"Unforseen to her, however, the theft of the world left the Dark Queen without energy. Luckily for her, it had another consequence Takhisis had not predicted: the souls of the dead, ripped from their original resting place, had nowhere to go. The Underworld had been removed from Krynn. Each and every dead became wandering spirits, neither alive or dead, roaming Krynn's surface. Takhisis built upon this. She promised the spirits a resting place if they obeyed her will and sent them to the four corners of Krynn, looking for magical power. The spirits gathered every magical essence they could find, sending it to Takhisis and allowing her to rebuild her power. But one being would not let the deed go unpunished."
    The Herald made a grand flourish with his hand, amplifying his words.

"Raistlin Majere, trapped into the Abyss after he sacrificed himself to prevent Takhesis from entering the world, witnessed something horrifying. Among the soul controlled by the Dark Queen was his brother's, Cameron Majere. Knowing that Takhisis would never give the spirits their freedom back, Raistlin could not accept to see his brother forever enslaved to the evil goddess. He started to plot and plan while she was distracted." When the Herald described Takhisis as an evil goddess, an unhappy whisper ran through the crowd. The Dark Knights present in the aundience did not like it.

The Herald continued his story without caring -- and maybe without even noticing. "As Takhisis grew in power, she grew in reputation. As soon as she could, she reached out to Mina, Goldmoon's apprentice. To chose as her champion a young girl cherished by the woman who had thwarthed her plans during the War of the Lance held a perfect, cruel irony that pleased the Dark Queen." Again, an angry whisper through the crowd. But the Herald would not be stopped by it.

"Takhisis spoke to Mina and told her she was the only god left, that the others had been destroyed by Chaos at the end of the battle. Never in her story did she unveil her name, referring herself as 'The One God' and so Mina was convinced that by following Takhisis's will, she was working for a greater purpose. She became Takhisis's Chosen and was granted special powers. She led the Knights of Neraka in a campaign to rule all of Krynn in the name of The One God, warring against those who would oppose. While Mina's intentions were good, the Dark Knights were more than happy to war for control of Krynn.

But opponents were few. Mina was welcomed nearly everywhere across Krynn for she could grant miracles and wielded magical power unheard of in this Era -- the powers of a true cleric."

"Closer to here, the Dark Knights - with the use of Mina's strange powers - penetrated the Silvanesti Shield and destroyed it. They conquered the elves and enslaved them. Mina enchanted Silvanoshei, the Elven King, into loving and admiring her. The few remaining Silvanesti and Quilanesti elves - who had traveled to Silvanesti after the destruction of their homeland - assembled under the same banner and prepared to march to the city of Sanction to save their King. At the same time, minotaurs attacked from the south, outsing the remaining force of Mina's army and likely saving them from the elves's wrath." At this point of the story, the audience shout insults to the Herald, some even throwing small rocks at him. The Herald prepared to continue, as any good performer would.

[hr]
    Once Caminus left, Emaline settled down in a chair. She smiled at the knight, though she looked tired and asked in a low voice "I was wondering, Sir Knight, what a single Squire of Solamnia can do for us. Look outside: the crowd is thick with Nerakans. Are you a scout of sorts? Is there more coming?"
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-06-04 at 11:22 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Sir Vazler cast an ear to the tale - noting specifically the disgruntled attitudes of the audience present; specifically the dark knights - but turned to the woman when she addressed him.

"I am here to aid you, and I will do my best to free this town of it's oppression, but I cannot promise you more aid, dear lady. While I, personally, would wish it so - we are the knights of solamnia, and this is far from our scope of influence. Perhaps was it as mighty as it was after Sturm Brightblade's triumph at the High Clerist's tower, we would be able to send a group; but alas, we are stretched thin and opposed by these dark Nerakans." Sir Vazler explained with a sympathetic tone.

"If you require my aid in any specific venture, name it, and I will do what I can; my only regret is that I do not command the knights, nor do I have the strength alone to vanquish your plight." Sir Vazler added, bowing to the sitting woman.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

For a moment, Emaline seems rather disappointed, but she quickly gathers her thoughts and hides her feeling. "I.. had no specific ventures planned, good sir." She sighed, before adding "It seems the best I can do for you and your companions is offer shelter, as well as information on possible allies."

She lowered her voice slightly. "There are many in this town that would see the Dark Knights out."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

"Hm. Allies - with enough forces, knightly or not, we could liberate this town from the knights. Speak of these allies, and let us see if we cannot take steps towards a better settlement for everyone." Sir Vazler replied, nodding eagerly as he spoke.
    Spoiler
    Show