New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Key of Destiny

1. - Top - End - #661
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Key of Destiny

Ivistka One-Named, Kagonesti Barbarian

"What? B--" Cursing, Iv jumped back from the incendiary beggar and looked around at the rest of the crowd.

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex save - (1d20+3)[15]
    Listen - (1d20+5)[10]
    Spot - (1d20+2)[16]

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

The old woman's words seem to hold Talia spellbound, leaving her ill-prepared to get out of the way of the ensuing blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save: (1d20+4)[20]

Possibly relevant skill checks:
    Tumble, to get the heck out of the way: (1d20+1)[5]
    Knowledge religion, to see if the woman's speech reminds Talia of any old holy texts (1d20+2)[15]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

The flames engulf the party for a moment and everyone reflexively jumps backward. Although quite impressive, they were almost cold to the touch and deal only minor damage to everyone. Cole and William - rooted to the spot in fear and amazement - are the ones suffering the most from it.

The kender is a bit too fascinated by the blue flames to notice anything wrong with the crone. So is William, and even though he racks his brain for information, he cannot recall anything useful. Ivestka's quck-minded enough to watch the crone carefully through the flames but does not spot anything particular. No holy scriptures that Talia know of refer to events like this - or to the words uttered by the crone.

"Th-that looked like an energy backlash!" Cole exclaimed, taking a step back. Next to him, Caminus scoffed derisively.

"A backlash? It would be a crude way to put it." the Silvanesti elf said. Glassy eyes, hectic movement and dramatic declaration? I would say this old crone has been possessed. They say some bodies cannot withstand the energies and simply collapse in flames. It's oft considered naught but a myth, but we seem to be running in objects of legends frequently these days."

Caminus' voice had barely gone quiet when multiple horns were heard, coming from three different directions. People screaming at the flames had most likely brought attention and with the Dark Knights patrol already in the area, it would take them no time to arrive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Caminus, Vazler, Iv, Tobin and Talia take 1 damage. Cole and William take a whooping 2 damage!

As a side note, it's rather sad to see only the NPCs go information-parting here.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2009-02-06 at 03:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Iv tried to calculate if the fourth direction (the one without the approaching horms) would lead them into a trap. She turned to Talia and William and asked, "Quick! If we are separated, where do we rejoin?" After waiting a few scant seconds to hear their suggestions, she grabbed the gear she was carrying and pulling Cole along, began to dash away from the approaching patrol. "Know I that you will not 'abandon your allies', Solamnic, but scattering may be the best choice." She did not wait to debate, however, but acted within seconds.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Why don't we meet at the inn where we met the Herald? Tobin says quickly before dashing off a little ways. Then Tobin trys to blend in with the people around him, curious on what was going to happen.

Spoiler
    Show
    going to make a hide check to hide in the crowd, but I'm just trying to not stand out so.... yeah
    [roll]d20+13[/roll]
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2009-02-06 at 11:48 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

William Jackson

Seeing how he could not find any information stuck in his brain, William moved his attention towards Ivestka. "Near the gate?" Was William's first suggestion, but when he heard Tobin, he said: "I like Tobin's suggestion." As Talia moved to run off with Cole, William looked a bit lost at Talia and Sir Vazler. It was as if he was asking if they were separating now or moving away from the horns or?

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

"Good idea, Tobin! I'll keep close with Caminus and Cole. Let's go!"

Following Iv's example, Talia is hurrying the two decidedly un-athletic young men along with her, away from the horns.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #668
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

"Wait, we can't-" the squire started, before the people he was talking to sprinted off. He turned asperated to the others, frowning. "I will go to the meeting place they have agreed, but will not turn my back on the enemy, and even if I would, I cannot outrun the guard regardless." Vazler exclaimed.

"William - let us make our move towards the inn. Follow after Tobin - I will follow as best I can." The squire stated, mentally readying himself and quietly muttering a line of the oath and measure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

William

Getting clear instructions from Sir Vazler, William quickly started to move. "Alright!" William exclaimed, quickly sprinting further. After a bit, he started to move in the direction he last saw Tobin going, but he had some difficulty spotting him after a while. Despite that, or a possibility that he loses track of Tobin due to his hiding techniques, William just keeps moving in the way he thinks Tobin may have gone.

10. - Top - End - #670

Their rendezvous point fixed, the group ran away from the old crone's ashes and the staring crowd - a crowd which gave way very quickly to them. They moved down the main road for a moment but were swiftly forced to take the alleys as the horns got closer.

Ahead of Sir Vazler, Tobin and William attempted to blend with the crowd but found it quite a hard task with everyone giving them a wide berth. It became even tougher when the Nerakan guards reached the high road, for someone in the crowd point straight at them.

"It's them!"
    "They killed her! Made her explose!"
    "The others went that way!"

Soon, people were pointing not only at Tobin, William and Vazler, but at the general direction the rest of the group had taken. Apparently, they had figured they were better off on the good side of the law. The guards had first looked dubiously at the kender but the sight of others and a Solamnic pushed them into action. One of them blew two short notes in his horn. Another - the leader, from the way others looked up to him - called out: "Surrender now and you will not be harmed!"

Spoiler
    Show
    That, Forum_Explorer, is how the crowd explains to the Dark Knights that a woman just blew up in flames. The Knights of Neraka are currently 50 feet away from him and there is four of them. Vazler is 10 feet closer, so 40 feet away.

While the others can't see the scene, a move action would lead them back to the street and 20 feet away from Tobin (70 from the patrol). They could hear everything that happened above. (Those numbers are good for a 30' speed).

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Explose is not a word! That women exploded, come on people say it with me ex-plode. Tobin yells at the crowd compleatly ignoring the dark knights while he pulled out one of his new tanglefoot bags. Well, looks like were in for another fight. Tobin comments to William as he waited for them to react.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

William

Sighing, William nods towards Tobin. "So it seems." Partly following Tobin's example, William got out some things too. Which were his shield and longsword. Seeing that their opposition was four, plus possibly reinforcements, it was better to take a strong blade instead of a whip for now. Getting ready to do battle, the intent was clear that William would not surrender. Still, William looked at Sir Vazler to see what his reaction is.

Spoiler
    Show
    If initiative will be needed: (1d20-1)[1]

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler Init: 15 AC: 19 HP: 17

The knight drew father's longsword in one fluid motion, and raised it in a Knight's Salute to the nerakans. "There will be no surrender from a Knight of Solamnia, Dark Knights. Come and face me with honor!" Vazler declared defiantly, readying his sword and shield.

"William - the oath and measure need not apply to you or Tobin. If this skirmish should turn in their favour, flee back to the inn and get the others - I will do the best I can to aid your escape." The knight mentioned in lower tones to his two companions as he waited for the Nerakans to advance.

OOC/Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regardless of initative, Vazler can't strike a flat-footed opponent, so he'll delay his action if they engage in melee until after they attack. If he goes before them, he'll move up to them and ready an action to attack whomever attacks him after their turn.

Initiative - (1d20+1)[15]

Ready Attack Action Until After Nerakans Have Acted.

Attack Roll - (1d20+4)[16] -> +1 Bardic Song [17]
    Damage Roll - (1d8+3)[11] -> +1 Bardic Song [12]
    Critical Confirmation - (1d20+4)[7] -> +1 Bardic Song [8]
    Critical Damage - (1d8+3)[6] -> +1 Bardic Song [7]
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2009-02-11 at 06:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

14. - Top - End - #674

Drawn swords caused the crowd to swiftly part and retreat, but many did not go far. Those gifted with a rather morbid curiosity remained, sticking to walls to make sure they would be out of harm's way.

The Dark Knight patrol's leader laughed at Vazler's call and drew out his bastard sword. "Capture them," he ordered, readying himself for battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting to see if Ivestka or Talia will start backtracking (you are within hearing distance after all. If so, please roll init. Same for Tobin, as he'll definitely be caught in this.

So far, I have:
    Dark Knight Patrol Leader - 20
    Vazler - 15
    Dark Knight Patrol -5
    William - 1

That would make a very steady graph.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Why would I leave and miss all the fun? Tobin laughs as he dashes forward to get in range to throw his tanglefoot bag at the nearest dark knight. Tobin watches the bag fly toward his opponet eagerly awaiting the never yet seen result of his newest toy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Iniative (d20+4)[11]
    If the leader is withen 30 feet then move up 20 feet and throw the tanglefoot bag at him, if any other knight is in range and the leader isn't then I'll throw the bag at them instead. If no knights are in range I'll ready an action and do one of the above as soon as possible.
    Tanglefoot bag throw (d20+7)[13]
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2009-02-10 at 08:52 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Iv, without turning to look at Cole, spoke quickly, "Boy, in a moment, you will escape the uncivilized one with the large sword. Run, hide, and stay safe. If you wish to rejoin us, I would welcome you. Use your wits. Now, go!" With a snarl, Iv pretended to lose her grip on the boy and then made a snatching motion at him as he dashed away. Cursing him, she drew her greatsword. Suddenly, or so it seemed, the noise of the conflict behind her drew her attention and she turned back towards Sir Vazler with a growl.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Cole doesn't go along with this little playlet, Iv won't waste any more time on it. It either works, or the drooling hordes of the unwashed see through her. No matter. There's a Solamnic Knight hoarding all the fun around the corner

As Iv dashed back to the fray, she said quietly, "So, there is to be battle today after all. Will you share? Which ones are to be mine?"

Initiative - (1d20+3)[8]

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

William

"I have no plans to leave you here, Sir Vazler." Said William simply to him. He nodded to Ivestka as she appeared again and then took a deep breath. He concentrated softly, and then William started to chant again. Figuring that they were facing sufficient numbers, this would give them an edge over the others. "Humna argahe, sieh da, steh ahe, stah ihn da mone! Humna argahe, sieh da, steh ahe, stah ihn da mone!" Continuing to chant, William moved forward, to move towards the Dark Knights, and if possible, move to a position to flank a Dark Knight or move to a position that will allow others to move in a flanking position easily.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiating Bardic Music: +1 morale bonus to saving throws against charm and fear effects, attack and weapon damage rolls.

Move action to move in flanking position or position in which others can easily flank.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll also assume that we weren't separated for so long that she can't hear the shouting and clanging of swords being drawn.

Initiative: [roll][1d20+1[/roll]

Talia ducks through a side street, with Caminus, but is brought up short by Tobin's mighty lungs. She almost winces as she turns back towards the elf.

"Oh dear. I...just don't feel right leaving them to that trouble alone. Looks like we might be creating an extra strength diversion, if you want to keep going to the rendez-vous?"

Barely pausing for a response, Talia looks for a path back through the crowds towards all the shouting.

19. - Top - End - #679

"I have already stated that none of us would leave Sir Vazler make a stand alone and that included myself," Caminus answered stiffly as he also turned to join the fight, following Talia towards the edge of the alley without bursting out of it just yet.

When Ivestka flung him forward, Cole stumbled forward before hesitantly slowing down and glancing at the Kagonesti elf. A second or so later, he turned back to the alley and ran off.

Initiative
    DK Patrol Leader - 20
    Talia - 17
    Vazler - 15
    Tobin - 11
    Ivestka - 8
    DK Patrols (3) - 5
    William - 1+
    Caminus - 1

Dark Knight Patrol Face-Off - Round 1!

The Nerakan leader did not waste a moment charging in and he was swinging his bastard sword at Sir Vazler before any attacks were readied to stop him. The Solamnic reacted quickly and deflected the blade slightly - enough to keep him from serious harm - but couldn't stop the slashing weapon from wounding him entirely.

Talia runs back from the alley and reaches the main street, where the fighting has already started. She is not far behind Tobin at the moment. Vazler replies to the Dark Knight with a sword attack of his own. The man's reckless charge left a small opening and the Solamnic Knight was quick to exploit it, striking hard.

Tobin joined the fight and flung the tanglefoot bad at the Nerakan leader, who was stuck fast in the bag's sticky substance. Meanwhile, Ivestka left the alley and, blade out, prepared to add her might to the battle.

The three patrol knights joined the fight, spreading between Tobin, Vazler and William. Only one managed to hit his target - William - but his attack was so vicious it amply made up for his companion's incompetence. The sudden pain outburst was too much for the young bard.

Dark Knight Patrol Face-Off - Round 2!

The Dark Knight leader was visibly irritated at being splashed by the tanglefoot bag and looked much like he wanted to cut Tobin's head off for it. He knew better than to attempt such a maneuver, however, and instead continued his attacks on Vazler. The blow was a powerful but clumsy one and the knight had no trouble deflecting it.

Spoiler
    Show
    And Round 2 has started!

Allies Status
    Sir Vazler: 4 damage taken
    William: 11 damage taken

Enemies Status
    Dark Knight Patrol Leader: 11 damage taken, entangled but not glued.
    Dark Knight Patrol 1: Unharmed
    Dark Knight Patrol 2: Unharmed
    Dark Knight Patrol 3: Unharmed

Notes
    Unless I'm wrong, the damage William took from the exploding lady + those 11 is enough to put him out. Sorry, no bardic music!

Talia is 15 feet behind Tobin. Ivestka could've actually reached any of them, although she was unable to charge due to all the corners. Feel free to take a swing at any of the enemies next round.

I'll most likely have an actual map by then, but has I have two exams incoming, I think my time should go there instead.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Whack a mole!

Ivistka One-Named, Kagonesti Barbarian

Iv called on the power of her ancestors to fill her with rage and stepped forward to attack the patrolman who had wounded William. Without a glance at her friend, she swung her blade at her chosen victim.

Combat stufff:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ivestka
    F CG(ish) Kagonesti (elf) Barbarian, Level 2, Init +3, HP 18(14)/19, Speed 40
    AC 13, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2,
    Leather armor (+2 Armor, +3 Dex, -2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 13
    Condition Poisoned, Raging

Attack - (d20+7)[20]
    Crit Confirm - (d20+7)[10]
    Damage - (2d6+5)[13]
    Crit Damage - (2d6+5)[10]

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Tobin sees William go down and reconizing what he was attempting pulls out his flute and begins to play the song from the box.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inspire courage +1
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

William

"Humn-" Not even able to properly start his chant, William is cut down by one of the vicious Black Knights. He had tried to raise his shield, but he was too late as he felt the pain surge through him. Blood left the wound and with it, so did William's consciousness. His vision became black, adding to the blackness of the Black Knight who cut him down. Falling down the ground, William lay there, bleeding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeding to death. Rolling 1d10, 10 is stabilising.
    (1d10)[7] 7

Not having stabilised, William loses a hit point.
    HP: -4/12

Looking on the bright side, at least William will still have that use of bardic music left.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2009-02-13 at 04:43 AM.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler Init: 15 AC: 19 HP: 13

The knight took the wound in his stride, grimacing momentarily as his opponent's blade bit flesh. Shaking it off, he glanced at his companions in time to notice William's savage strike. "William!" Vazler called out, simultaneously blocking the knight leader's attack with his shield.

Having turned the clumsy attack aside, Sir Vazler shield-shoved his opponent back a step to create an opening for his move to his fallen companion.

Raising his shield in as most protective a manner as possible, Sir Vazler stepped next to William and knelt down. "Kiri-Jolith, hear my prayer." He whispered a line of the oath and measure as he channelled Kiri-Jolith's divine energy.

OOC/Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Vazler will five-foot step to William's side if he can - if he can't, he'll just move and accept any attacks-of-opportunity (moving in a manner that provokes as few Attacks of Opportunity as possible, of course). He'll then cast Cure Light Wounds on William.

Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+2)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Talia paused to take in the situation. The obvious target was the leader, but Vazler was...odd about taking help sometimes. Perhaps best not to interfere.

Instead, she focused on the knight that had the temerity to attack a flute-playing Kender. Drawing her blade as she lunged forward, Talia aimed an overhead slash at his neck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delaying until initiative 10, both to see how things are going and to take advantage of Tobin's playing.

Attacking with her greatsword. Charging if possible, which will add 2 to the attack roll, and reduce her AC by 2.

(1d20+6)[21] Attack
    (1d20+6)[11] Crit confirmation on 19-20
    (2d6+5)[7] Damage

Currently AC 14 (12 if charging), HP 24

25. - Top - End - #685

While Talia took in the scene and decided on her course of actions, Vazler stepped back from the fight and healed William, drawing the bard out of unconsciousness. Tobin takes out his flute in a swift movement and begins playing a light, inspiring tune.

Her mind made up, Talia rushed forward and charged the patrol knight attacking Tobin. Her greatsword slashed through armour and flesh, causing the knight to stagger in pain. Ivestka had the same luck cut William's attacker side cleanly. Blood gushed out and splashed on the barely waking William and the Dark Knight patrol fell backward, out cold.

The two remaining patrol knights were quick to retaliate. One stepped up to Ivestka and slashed open her shoulder while the other stabbed hard at Talia - and both of them were badly wounded by the attacks.

As the fight intensified, the group heard a large cawing overhead. A glance up and back told them it was Buteo and, now that it had their attention, the hawk flew towards the other end of the street. Another patrol of knights had arrived and, as if responding to the bird, one of them blew hard twice in his horn.

Initiative
    DK Patrol Leader - 20
    Vazler - 15
    Tobin - 11
    Talia - 10
    Ivestka - 8
    DK Patrols (3) - 5
    William - 1+
    Caminus - 1

Paused for William

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, fight summary!

Party Status - those are since the beginning of the fight.
    Vazler - 4 damage taken
    William - 11 damage taken, 7 healed.
    Talia - 10 damage taken
    Ivestka - 11 damage taken

Enemies Status
    Patrol Leader 1 - 11 damage, entangled.
    Patrol 1 - 13 damage, unconscious
    Patrol 2 - 7 damage
    Patrol 3 - Unharmed

Patrol Leader 2 - Unharmed
    Patrol 4 - Unharmed
    Patrol 5 - Unharmed
    Patrol 6 - Unharmed

Ongoing Effect
    Tobin's Bardic Musc

--- The map is drawn, but I have no time to put it up before I go to work. It'll be there tonight. The only action I currently need is William's. The others might want to wait, as there will be the DK Leaders and Caminus in-between.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

William
    Init: 1+, AC 19, Touch 13, Flat 16, HP 3/12, Special: Total Defense

As William regained consciousness, he blinked with his eyes. Had the world been black for long? He saw something drop nearby in the edges of his eyes as he opened them. Quickly enough, though, he realised the fighting was still going on and only seconds must have passed. Rising to a standing position, he made sure that he was holding his weapon and shield. With nobody nearby and realising he had lost a bit of momentum with the getting up, William tried to regain his wits. Noticing that it was Sir Vazler who healed him, he smiles towards him. "Thank you, Sir Vazler. It is much appreciated." He also nods towards Ivestka, who stood nearby. As William regained his wits, he made sure his guard was up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Stand up
    Standard action: Total Defense (+4 dodge to ac for 1 round)

27. - Top - End - #687
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler Init: 15 AC: 19 HP: 13

Sir Vazler helped William to his feet and cursed audibly at the sight of the second patrol - which accompanied the grevious wounds from his allies as the dark knights pressed the offence. "Damn it! We struggle with this group as more arrive to enforce them!" Moving to Talia's side, Sir Vazler thrust his shield out to catch the ongoing attacks from the patrol leader.

"Talia, you need to fall back! You all need to fall back! There are too many coming and we are too few!" He called out as he pressed the attack on the patrol leader.

OOC/Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Vazler will five-foot-step to the patrol leader (since he didn't get any attacks of opportunity from the first move to William, I'm guessing there's none moving back) and attack him.

Attack Roll - (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage Roll - (1d8+4)[6]
    Critical Confirmation - (1d20+5)[24]
    Critical Damage - (1d8+4)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #688
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka

combat stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

F CG(ish) Kagonesti (elf) Barbarian, Level 2, Init +3, HP 7 (3)/19, Speed 40
    AC 13, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Leather armor (+2 Armor, +3 Dex, -2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 13

Iv heard the call to fall back, and it faintly registered as a good thing to do, but she had other good things to do. Such as hacking the patrolman in front of her.

She bellowed at the guards, "I will eat your flesh and bathe in your blood, you fools! RUN!" She smiled through the blood splashed over her face and swung her sword at the guard facing her. If he fell -- or ran -- she backed up, still snarling, to defend Tobin and William during the withdrawal.

rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate Guards - (1d20+5)[23]

Attack - (d20+8)[9] edit: ouch!
    Crit Confirm - (d20+8)[25]
    Damage - (2d6+6)[17]
    Crit Damage - (2d6+6)[13]
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2009-02-13 at 09:13 PM.

29. - Top - End - #689

William lumbered up to his feet, still feeling a bit dazed. He brought up his shield and sword in a defensive position, however, preparing to defend himself against other blows.

As the second patrol advanced on them, a strange mist formed between them and the party. It coalesced into the solid form of a silver-furred dog, which growled at the second leader before pouncing on him and biting deep in his arm.

Initiative!
    DK Patrol Leader 2 - 20
    Vazler - 15
    DK Patrol Leader 1 - 14
    Tobin - 11
    Talia - 10
    Ivestka - 8
    DK Patrols (3) - 5
    William - 1+
    Caminus - 1

Dark Knight Patrols Face-Off - Round 3!

The stickied Nerakan leader held off his actions at first, vaguely trying to shake off some of the goo left by the tanglefoot bag. At the other end of the street, the second leader countered the bite with a viscious strike. The bastard sword cut the celestial animal cleanly in two.

His urgent healing duty done, Vazler stepped forward and began his attack on the leader anew. He had a lot less success this time around, but so did the Nerakan, who missed entirely with his attack.

Paused at Tobin

Spoiler
    Show
    Partly Leader 1 delayed.

Party Status - those are since the beginning of the fight.
    Vazler - 4 damage taken
    William - 11 damage taken, 7 healed.
    Talia - 10 damage taken
    Ivestka - 11 damage taken
    Celestial Dog - 14 damage (criticked. Dead)

Enemies Status
    Patrol Leader 1 - 11 damage, entangled.
    Patrol 1 - 13 damage, unconscious
    Patrol 2 - 7 damage
    Patrol 3 - Unharmed

Patrol Leader 2 - 4 damage
    Patrol 4 - Unharmed
    Patrol 5 - Unharmed
    Patrol 6 - Unharmed

Ongoing Effect
    Tobin's Bardic Musc

Map

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Tobin advances towards the second patrol, still playing his flute. When he reached Camnius he stopped and prepared to dodge anything the dark knights threw at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    will move so they can't get to our mage then use total defence for +4 to AC. Plus none of that requires Tobin's hands!
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show