New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Key of Destiny

1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Key of Destiny

Tobin
    Tobin smiles at the guard thankfully as he slips into the crowd of people as only a kender could.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vazler and Tobin eventually meet up with an apparently crazed lepers, whose robes they recognized as Ivestka's. William, Caminus and Talia - still hurrying for the gate - will come across them shortly after.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

The squire nodded courtly to the soldier, before departing with the kender. Once clear of the city walls, he meets up with the others.

"Our disguise wasn't too convincing, it seems." Vazler concluded with a weak grin. "We seem to have been saved by some mystery archers who fired on the Knights of Neraka who attempted to reinforce the original gate-guard. I didn't see who fired, but they must be sympathetic to our cause - or unsympathetic to the Nerakan's."

"Still - Come here, Tobin." Vazler requested, smirking slightly. "While what you did was very brave, I would prefer next time you get the others to help rather than help me - especially if you're in a state like you are now! The knight pointed out, a mischievous tone of humour in his voice as he 'told off' the kender. He put his hand out, placing it on the kender's head, channeling Kiri-Jolith's magic.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+1)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Relieved at her companions survival, Talia says nothing as they high-tail it away from the town.

Once they're a reasonable distance away, Talia pauses to remove the leper wrappings. While she'd like nothing more than to ditch the awful, itchy clothes, it was impossible to say how easily they'd otherwise be able to enter the town - especially after the second battle at the gate. She decided to swallow her feelings and stow them away in her pack.

Adjusting her sword, Talia looked at the others.

Well? I'm thinking maybe we should find a barn or something to sleep in tonight. Keep travelling in the morning?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka One-Named, Kagonesti Barbarian

Once they had reached a stopping place, Ivestka happily removed the vile robes and took some time to wash and dry her hands. She removed the rags she had used to disguise her weapons and packed them with the robe in her backpack. Happy to be able to reach her weapons unhindered, she smiled one of her rare smiles.

"I am glad that you and Tobin walked free from danger, Sir Vazler, although I did not doubt your success. Even had you not the aid of the Rangers you would have defeated the guards."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Tobin sighs in relife as the gash in his arm closes. He immidatly felt better and ready to take on anything. Thanks, that wound was making it a little hard to use that arm. As Tobin put his sling away he remarked. I'm not that tired and its not dark yet so lets find him and get our illusionary key. Besides if we don't find him soon he might leave.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

"While your enthusiasm is admirable Tobin, I think it best we rest; after our engagements, I am depleted of Kiri-jolith's blessings. While I could continue, I agree with Talia - it is best we rest, restore our available arsenal of spells and prepare for the upcoming day. With Pegrin being a bandit, I fear that our encounter with him will turn hostile." Vazler commented, sighing slightly.

"Unless anyone has any objections to my suggestion, I suggest we begin looking for somewhere to rest."

Rolls and OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Vazler attempts to spot/search/survival his way to finding a suitable resting place for the evening! Choose your favourite skill for the job.
    Spot Check - (1d20+1)[18]
    Search Check - (1d20+1)[17]
    Survival Check - (1d20+1)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

William

"Actually, I think Tobin is right. His camp is to the northwest of here, just an hour away, so it's not that far. And after all, we do not wish to see him leave before we get there." States William, walking with the others and scratching his head again. "Anyway, it is good to see everyone together again." And with that, William smiles to the others.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

The tall woman grins at William.

I love your enthusiasm, William. But I'm still pretty sore from the street fight. I was kind of hoping Sir Vezler could take a look, when he had a moment. But that moment never came. I also say we should wait till morning.

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc, Talia's at 3 hit points, and would VERY much like a chance to rest up.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

"I have one more blessing of Kiri-jolith, Talia - I examine your injuries now." Vazler said, moving from the kender to check Talia's wounds. Taking care not to worsen them, he placed a palm upon her forearm and channelled Kiri-jolith's magic.

Rolls and OOC Note to the party:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Incase Vazler wasn't clear enough, even with my favoured soul amount of spells, that was my last one. I'm out of first-level spells for today.

Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+1)[3]
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

"I will not go into another fight without proper rest." Caminus declared, quickly removing the lepers' robes. "It is my understanding that this Pegrin man could be a dangerous foe. If William knows of his encampment's location, we should find it before resting, however. Buteo will keep an eye on the camp on warn us should the bandit leave."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka One-Named, Kagonesti Barbarian

"That is a good plan, Caminus the Wizard. Let us go." She strung her bow and took her usual place guarding the back of the party.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Talia breathes deeply in relief as the holy energy enters her.

Ah! Thank you.

As consensus forms around a plan, she unslings her bow - just in case, and keeps it in hand. With Iv in rearguard, Talia instinctively moves out to the front as they go forward.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

William

"Sounds good." Says William towards Caminus. He nods towards Talia and Sir Vazler. "You do have a good point there. My apologies for not noticing your wounds, Talia. It seems that sometimes matters just elude me." He gives a polite shrug, before starting to walk with the group, towards the place he thinks the camp is. "Say, anybody skilled in the arts of walking silent? That way we could find the camp with a greater certainty that we are not seen at the same time."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

"Vast amounts of armour, an infiltrator does not make. I'm afraid I'm no use at going undetected, not that I approve of it much." Sir Vazled pointed out, rubbing the back of his head with a weak smile.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka

"I have some natural talent in silent walking, and I can move quickly."
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-06-27 at 03:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin

I've gotten really good at remianing unseen. Its useful since so many people seem to drop things and get angry at me when I find them. Tobin says cheerfully.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Discussing general sneakiness and tactics, the group made its way northwest. William found a small trail leading off the road, and after travelling it for a while they sent Tobin forward.

While the kender searched for Pegrin's camp, Sir Vazler and Ivestka worked to find a fitting place for their own encampment. The knight's keen hearing picked up the sound of a rushing stream, and Ivestka was soon leading them up and into a small clearing.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin

Solo Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tobin stopped when he heard the voices and crouched down. Creeping forward Tobin tried to make out what the presumed guards were saying.
    Rolls. Move Silently (d20+4)[11]
    Hide (d20+8)[9]
    Listen(d20-2)[6]
    Ow bad rolls at a bad time.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2008-06-27 at 08:19 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Sir Vazler sets up camp, organising the fire and the sleeping space. Once prepared, he gathers everyone.

"We'll set up a guard rota for the evening - I'll take first watch, Iveska the next, Talia the third, and Tobin the fourth." Sir Vazler explained. If there was no objections, he took watch and waited for Tobin to return from scouting.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

William

William tries his best to aid Sir Vazler with setting up camp and listens when he speaks up after gathering everyone. He nods first when Sir Vazler talks about setting up guard rotation for the evening. But when he suggests the watches, William feels sorely left out. "And what about me then? I can take watch just like anybody else around here!" Says William, with a tone of annoyance in his voice. With his eyebrows standing in a more annoyed position, William's disapproval of leaving him out of the rotation seems to be clear. "I don't care which watch, just include me in the watch too, alright?"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Sir Vazler looked to William with a raised eyebrow. "I never meant to imply you were unable, William - it was simply our turn on the rotation to stand watch. If you'd like to take watch again, then you can cover for Tobin, who will likely be tired from scouting."
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

William

William nods to Sir Vazler after which he speaks up. "I would like that. My apologies for my reaction, it's just that-" He sighs momentarily, not knowing what to really say now, slowly thinking up a proper response. "I probably just forgot about the turns on the rotation. I just feel like I should contribute to the standing on watch, you know?" William scratches the back of his and then looks towards his sleeping bag, staring at it for a bit and then giving a slight shrug as he gives a soft sigh again.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-30 at 02:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Vazler smiled, shaking his head. "Worry not, William - you often contribute to the group. The leper ruse would not have worked without your expertise. But if you'd like to take over for Tobin, I'm sure he'd appreciate the gesture - as would I."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

William

With that, William smiles towards Vazler. "Thank you, Sir Vazler. And yes, I would be glad to take over for Tobin. I do hope his sneaking ventures are going well at the moment. He will have earned the rest for sure upon his return."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

The warrior-woman helps out as best she can with setting up camp, but has a notable lack of wild-ways, and aside from the heavy lifting, mostly just stands around.

I'm happy to take a watch. Just give me a shove when you're ready to switch, Ivestka.

As she settles in by the fire, she doesn't entirely relax, still eager for Tobin's return.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin comes into the clearing covered in leafs with several sticks poking out of his hair but still smiling. Hello everybody! He says happliy before sitting by the fire and giving a large yawn.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Talia rises with relief at Tobin's appearance, but settles back as he seems to amble forward without haste.

So, swift scout, mighty tracker, what have you learned?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Vazler smiled at the return of the kender, looking to him. "Good to see you, Tobin - I assume there was nothing of complication at the camp?"

OOC Note to the party:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Geez, sorry for the delayed post, guys - I've been moving back home for summer and packing my life into several cardboard boxes has me a bit distracted.
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2008-07-04 at 09:20 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

William

When Talia spoke up about taking watch, William prepares for bed. Making sure to lie comfortable enough in his sleeping bag, William lies on the ground in his sleep bag. Having closed his eyes already, he has been dozing for a bit when Tobin has returned. He stirs when he hears the noise and moves to another side, but beyond that William does not seem aware of Tobin's arrival again, instead making use of the time to sleep and prepare for the watch he will take on later.