New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelus: The Oque

Sedha Turn 3.0 (hey, 0 is a 10th too. And, of course, seeing as she is already there, and still has things to do...)

Sedha stands still for several seconds watching, shocked by the Oque's reaction. She hadn't expected this to happen. Sighing inwardly, she sits down cross legged on the ground, and waits for them to calm down until she can get a word in edgewise, at which point she says, loudly, but calmly "There are no beasts here, and no Oque are in danger. I am not Oque, nor am I a beast. I am a goddess of Darkness and Mercy, and I wish only to bring you health and safety."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Finishing

If possible Plamal spent turn 2.1 looking after the Oque, protecting it. While telling it about the other immortals. Plamal would also be trying to find another tribe to take it in.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 2.1 and on, Qusck

Unfortunately, Plamal can find no viable group. He did spot two groups, but the first one he spotted long after they spotted him and were running away. The second group he spotted, Qusck did not want to go to, instead wanting to be with Ksgask. Time passes and eventually, Ksgask dies. There is no more response, no more eating, no more movement. Qusck, now alone, is sad, but tries to continue on. However, when she goes to the location of the group she previously did not want to be in, she can not find the group any more as they have moved on. She then tries to find another group, but alas, a predator catches Qusck and so, Qusck finds death as well.

Later in turn 2, Kuskul

Later, on, Kuskul wants to check up on Qusck and Ksgask again. With two other Oque, it journeys towards the place of their old settlement and find a dead Ksgask there, having been eaten on by tree predators. There is no sign of Qusck, but this proved enough. Plamal was bad. Kuskul makes sure to tell it to the Oque of group 20 as well when they bump into each other. And so, Plamal and Immortals are now considered to be bad things in both group 19 and 20. They also think Immortals are talking bears.

Turn 3.0, Group 31, Ardannis

During the start of the turn, Ardannis occasionally hears the words from Tiktbt. Their frequency seems to fall down though, and their content seems to change as well. It is obvious that Tiktbt now sees Ardannis as some kind of thing that helps and she can be heard, occasionally, to speak of Ardannis for help or safety, almost like a prayer.

Turn 3.0, group 7, Tumine

Fcinkt, Gpardz, Travbt continue their workings on their poor, poor way of swimming, while Fcinkt and Gpardz try to do something with their material warping to make them help swimming. They manage to reproduce their crude raft of before, but this one breaks just as quick. Tumine hears something about "Tumine swim wood?" around this time in the back of her head, since the Oque are wondering what Tumine thinks and how she can help. They kind of hope she can come and help. And they hope to tell her of the success. Travbt had been with Group 8 for a while since they bumped into each other earlier when Group 8 was looking for a good place to move to. The Oque of group 7 had told them of the place they had been before, so Group 8 has now moved there, relatively close. Fcinkt, Gpardz and Travbt had helped the Oque of group 8 float, and especially Travbt was now busy with helping some of the Oque of group 8 to swim.

Turn 3.0, Group 3, Sedha

Unfortunately for Sedha, the Oque were running away, screaming loudly enough for her words to have no effect. By the time the Oque calm down, they are long gone, having fled quite the distance away. There, they slowly group up before continuing, wary of any movement and ready to flee at a moment's notice. Around the evening, they seem to calm down and prepare to find some sleeping places on the ground or in the trees.

When Sedha makes use of this opportunity to speak again, hidden, because otherwise the Oque would flee, screaming loudly, again. ""No beasts. I no Oque. I no beast. I goddess. Darkness Goddess. Mercy Goddess. Wish to bring health. Wish to bring safety." They look around, deeply confused why an Oque would say that and try to find the Oque saying that. eventually, one of the Oque speaks up to the hidden speaker. "What goddess?" And another joins in. "Where goddess?" And another. "What Mercy?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Translated your line to how the Oque understand it. Also took some actions for you, hope you do not mind, but I did it because it seems you forgot the Oque fled out of hearing range. Also, if you appear without some explanation or move to betray your position, the Oque will flee again. After observing the Oque, this is something you would know.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

Plamal chooses to appear in the middle of a group that lacks jolt and isn't 19 or near 19. Appearing in the middle of the group, Plamal yells. "If you run you shall be killed. If stay won't be harmed. Evil immortals want kill you. Stay still."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3.5, Group 8, Plamal
    {table=head]Huts|Light|Jolt
    Yes|No|No[/table]

It was a fresh new morning. The smell of flowers was around, and while the Oque could not smell very well, they noticed it was a bit more pleasant around here. Hence why they made their camp of crude huts in the trees as well. Currently, they were about to head out to find food, when suddenly a bear appeared! A talking bear! The Oque almost jumped in fear, especially due to what it said. It said that they should not run or leave, or they would be killed, so they did the only logical thing left to do. Climb like madoque's in the trees, to find comfort below their crude roofs. From there, they talked how it was dangerous, obviously a beast, but they thought they were safe due to, well, bears not being such good climbers. And so, some looked down to make sure it did not climb up.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

"Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin." Plamal yells. "Their are creatures called immortals or gods. These creatures make sounds. They not normal. They have arms. They stand up. They mean. They want Oque to die. They want oque to serve. They trick. They pretend to be nice. They really mean. Questions?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

And so, the Oque listen at the being below them, who is yelling towards them. He tells them of immortals or gods. Alright. These creatures make sounds. They are not normal. This, already, made most Oque think Plamal was one of them. Plamal was not normal and he made sounds. They have arms. Plamal did too. They stand up. Plamal looked like he could. They are mean. Well, Plamal had obviously been mean. He wanted to kill them if they ran before. They want Oque to die. This scared most Oque immediately. It meant that Plamal wanted the Oque to die too. They already wanted to flee, but let Plamal talk. They want Oque to serve. This said nothing to the Oque. They pretend to be nice. Plamal had been 'nice' by saying he would not harm if they stayed. Did he pretend that? They really mean.

So, basically, Plamal was telling the Oque about the Immortals or gods so they could recognise them. Plamal, seemed to obviously be an Immortal. And he told the Oque Immortals were very bad. And thus, Plamal was very bad. There were no questions when he was finished.

"Danger!" "Immortal beast!" "Flee!" Was shouted around, and more in the same vein. The Oque rushed through the branches, climbed away as fast as they could and had a very basic purpose. To get away from this evil and mean Immortal. Earlier he had said that they would not be harmed if they stayed, but he had also told that Immortals, which he looked to be one of, only pretended to be nice. So, either way, he wanted the Oque dead. And so, they fled as fast as they could.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

Plamal ran as fast as he could to the closest other settlement running the way away from where group 19 were. Plamal hoped that the next tribe didn't have jolts and also that they took the threat of you'll die if you flee more seriously.

When Plamal got to the tribe he yelled. "If you flee you will be killed. If you stay you will not be harmed. I come to warn. I come to help."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

The settlement Plamal found now was one near a stream. One the side he was on, the Oque had made their crude huts in the trees and they had been busy with their usual things there, some had even been playing in the water, but when Plamal arrived, he saw them already climbing up the trees in great commotion. Unfortunately, they had spotted him before he saw them. He did saw some climbing up from the water in some of the nearby trees, indicating that they had been in the water.

Plamal already heard the screams of beast, danger and the like when he arrived, so he had to wait to yell if he wanted them to understand. They stayed in their trees, listening to him, talking amongst themselves about him. They are obviously scared by him and by what he says. Amongst them, Plamal can somtimes hear "Tumine". Eventually, one Oque steps forward and looks down. "What you?"

However, enough Oque remain plenty scared, and Tumine can already hear some cries of help. They do not specifically call for Tumine's help, but they still call for help, tell of the danger of a beast, and some seem to ask what Tumine would do if she were there.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-05-31 at 08:16 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

"I am an immortal or god." Yelled Plamal before getting ready for the speech. "Their are creatures called immortals or gods. These creatures make sounds. They not normal. They have arms. They stand up. They mean. They want Oque to die. They want oque to serve. They trick. They pretend to be nice. They really mean. Questions?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground

[Krixal 3.0]

Krixal manifests his avatar, a mere 1' in height, near group (d32)[31]. (Krixal has not taken the time to observe the different technologies, he just jumps in! Thus the randomization )

Greetings Mortals! I am Krixal, God of Fire! I have come to teach you the ways of fire!
    Last edited by lilomar; 2008-05-31 at 01:34 PM.
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc: Giving Tumine a chance to respond to the prayers of Group 8, so waiting with response for Plamal.]

Turn 3.0, Group 31, Krixal

Just imagine you, going out to your own business, off to gather some food, and suddenly, out of nowhere, a thing appears. So, the natural thing for the Oque happens. "Danger!" "Danger!" "Beast!" And they shout this so loud that most was lost what Krixal said as the Oque fled up in the trees, towards the huts they made. There, they hide behind crude roofs and a rare crude floor, made out of warped branches. They look down and when the Oque realise what it is, they feel dumb. It is a tiny thing, much smaller than they. Even if it ate other beings, it could not attack them as much. Obviously relaxing, the Oque did observe the thing and would not come closer, since even small things can be ferocious, but usually only when gotten too close to it.

Assuming that Krixal repeats himself since what he said was lost in all the screaming, the Oque jump back to their huts, baffled. However, not as baffled as they would have been if it was the first time they heard a not Oque speak. They remain careful however and speak to each other about stuff. Krixal does occasionally hear the name "Ardannis". Eventually, one Oque comes forth to ask things.

"Krixal no God. What mortals? What fire?"
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-05-31 at 01:53 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Krixal 3.0

These beings appear to be much more skittish than the other species Krixal has visited. But they know of Ardannis, now what has he been telling them?

I am a god, I am just a different type of god than Ardannis, whom i hear you speak of. A mortal is a non-god, you are mortals, beasts are mortals. I and Ardannis are not mortals.

Thinking about the skittishness of these creatures, Krixal is somewhat apprehensive about showing them the answer to their third question just yet. But decides that there is nothing for it and he will have to get it out of the way sooner or later.

He creates a tiny flame on the tip of his finger, displaying it to the Oque before allowing it to go out.

This is fire! It has many uses, which I have come to teach you about.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: Sorry, forgot to put this here the first time.
    First use of a Miracle this turn: Manifest Flame.
    Last edited by lilomar; 2008-05-31 at 11:09 PM.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tumine Barok, Turn 3.5
    Group 8 (& 7?)

Hearing a collected group of cries for help and cries of Beasts, Tumine, having finished her business with the Karksh, comes down to the source of the commotion, where she sees Plamal gearing up for one of his big speeches. The water in the stream ripples and begins to rise in a small column, which slowly forms into her Avatar, which is small, only about .7m high.
    If any of the Oque that she knows are nearby, she waves to them, clearly happy to see them and happy at all their progress. Then, she fixes her gaze on Plamal.

Can't you see you're scaring them all? You with all your talk of death and servitude. These Oque are in my care, thank you. You're not needed here.
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-05-31 at 02:40 PM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3.0, Group 31, Krixal

The Oque look confused when Krixal says again that it is a God and that it knows of Ardannis. They look between each other, to Krixal and then to each other. They start talking again and it is clear that really no single Oque belives Krixal is a god. He and Ardannis look too different for that to be true. They do seem to understand the concept of mortal, considering it as "everything that is not Krixal or Ardannis". When he summons up fire, they look astonished. However, they really so no use of it, which is kind of obvious as they talk. They also seem to talk about some kind of light thing, a light source or something, to compare with. Eventually, the Oque that talked before adresses Krixal again.

"Krixal no god. Ardannis god. Krixal no Ardannis. Other being. What Krixal? Get mortal. Fire weird. What fire do?"

[ooc: I assume you used your miracle there.]

Turn 3.5, Group 8, Tumine & Plamal

Tumine does spot Fcinkt and Gpardz, who seem a bit confused by the wave, but imitate Tumine and wave back. But in general, the group is baffled. Gpardz speaks up to the others. "Talk of Tumine. Tumine here!" "Tumine good." The other Oque agreed with this and looked down at the two again. "Beast speak. Say Immortal bad. Say Immortal want Oque dead. Tumine not want. Tumine good?"
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-05-31 at 02:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tumine Barok, Turn 3.5
    Group 8

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose I should have mentioned, Tumine is allowing the Oque to hear what she's saying to Plamal. She knows they probably won't understand it all, but she wants them to understand that she's saying something to him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm also assuming that by now, Tumine has been with the Oque long enough to realize that they can't hear, and that they communicate telepathically (yes, it's radio; that's not what most people would assume). If not, I'll edit this post slightly, but I don't think I'll need it.

Tumine fixes a level gaze on Plamal, unmoving, while speaking to the Oque (Plamal can hear, too): Tumine good. Oque very good! Oque safe. Plamal not beast but... Plamal confused. Tumine explain. Plamal leave. This last sentence is said rather heavily, and is clearly intended for Plamal's benefit.

Out loud, Tumine continues (to Plamal, naturally, as the Oque cannot hear her). They are in good hands, but they are very easily frightened. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm taking care of these. I'm just worried for the other groups; what if one of those War or Violence or Whatever gods gets to them? I've spent a fair bit of time amongst them, and one thing I've learned is that the Oque are very impressionable.

Throughout this speech, the expression does not change, clearly bidding Plamal to leave. However, at her speech's conclusion, she raises her eyebrows, indicating her wish to speak more about the matter at another time.
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-05-31 at 03:32 PM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ardannis, Turn 3.01, Group 31

Ardannis appears in the same manner he left, swinging down from thin air into the top branches of a tree, and swiftly descending to ground level to see Krixal and his Oque friends. Appraising the situation swiftly, he quickly makes sense of the prayer he heard. Tikbt! Oque! Ardannis back, like he said. He grins. Moving forward, he motions to Krixal, drawing him aside slightly unless Krixal resists.

Speaking verbally, which he knows the Oque will not hear, he says genially, Krixal, I see you've met my friends. I think they're a truly tremendous species, with quite a bit of potential. It...looks like you may have gotten a strange reaction from them, as this group and I have already made friends and journeyed together for some time already - nearly three-tenths of a cycle, in fact. I think this species will be receptive to the gifts you can offer, especially if you can show them how to use their Quax to manipulate fire. It may be...awkward for you to stay with this group, however, as they already know me, and find you strange. I certainly can't stop you, but I think your chances would be much better with a different group.

There are two other groups only a small fraction of a cycle ((a few days is about .03 cycles)) away, if you wish to visit them. They have a similar level of development to these, and these folk greeted me well, so I have high hopes for your chances with a similar group.

Spoiler
    Show
    His tone is courteous and friendly, with no hint of threats or anger. He pretty clearly wants to help you out, and while there is some protectiveness in his voice for "his" Oque, it's pretty obvious he's mainly trying to find you a group you'll have better odds with.

Also, he scryed briefly before materializing, and if he saw another Oque group within easy traveling distance that would not be difficult for Krixal to reach, he will gladly offer their location, giving directions and advice if Krixal wishes (the God of Travel gives pretty good directions, I promise).

Also, I'm technically still working out with Tek in the Outer Plane whether or not we can reschedule the Niddog plans we had for right now, but I thought I should jump in here before it got too far. Silly parallel timelines, making your life difficult. I don't think it'll be an issue, but if Tek really pushes it, there's a chance Ardannis wouldn't actually appear. Sorry for any confusion..
    Last edited by harmonictempest; 2008-05-31 at 04:11 PM.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3.0, Group 31, Ardannis & Krixal

"Ardannis! Ardannis play!" Comes the reaction from the Oque which had been speaking to Krixal. It was Tiktbt. Ardannis could hear Rtskink and Qwerty in the distance too as he conversed with Krixal. "Ardannis know Krixal." "See! Krixal not Ardannis." Here, most agreed heavily, Krixal was obviously not the same type as Ardannis. Then, the Oque kind of conversed amongst each other, wondering what the two were doing there. Some thought they were talking, but very, very softly. Some others thought they could talk without talking. And some others really did not care how they did it, but wanted to know what comes out of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Group 30 & 32 are closest and depending on how fast Krixal wants to get there, can find them within a few days.

Turn 3.5, Group 8, Tumine & Plamal

The Oque seem to accept what Tumine says and then look towards her and Plamal, wondering what is happening and what will go on now. Tumine asked the creature, the Plamal, to leave, so they wondered what happened now. But the Oque were safe, as she said, so they felt kind of safer now. While Tumine did look as if she was not as strong as the Plamal, they were both strange creatures and could talk too, so she may have some power over him or such.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-05-31 at 03:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha patiently listened to the Oque from the shadows. Perhaps it would make them feel more comfortable if she tried to imitate their speak patterns.

"Goddess is being with great power. All speak as Oque can. Do not look as Oque do. Some beasts. Some not. I not beast. I help."

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, I thought they were just hiding, and trying to do something about the Oque they thought that "the beast" had captured. And yes, that was tried to imitate. Not exactly her thing.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3.0, Group 3, Sedha

"How help?" "Where Goddess?" "What Goddess look like?" Are the questions the three of hte Oque ask, while the other Oque converse amongst each other, curious about this strange.. thing, but also scared. They seem nervous, ready to jump away if there were strange things to be had. They hoped the beast they saw before did not catch this strange being, which Sedha could pick up from the Oque talking to each other.

21. - Top - End - #81

Kranolk: Turn 3.4

Kranolk manifests near a group of Oque, the final species that he has yet to contact. He decides to try an approach similar to what he did with the Karksh, and walks into the group peacefully, holding all four hands up. "Greetings, I am Kranolk, the God of Hunting. I have seen you Oque, and seen you hunt. I wish to watch you more closely, and help you hunt beasts that you cannot yourselves. Do you need any help in the hunting department?"
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha was puzzled. This hadn't happened with the other two creatures she had encountered. Regardless, she addresses the Oque patiently. "Sedha can help protect Oque. Heal hurt Oque. Help Oque avoid beasts. Sedha look very different from Oque. Darkness always follow Sedha. Sedha hidden in shadows. Sedha afraid Oque fear her. Sedha try show herself to Oque before. Oque run. Oque think Sedha beast. Sedha not beast. Sedha not want scare Oque. Want help Oque."

23. - Top - End - #83

Krixal 3.0

Spoiler
    Show
    Complete re-write because I missed everything after the first GM'ing and didn't know Ardannis was speaking.

Of course, if you wish me to begin my teachings with another group, I will do so. However, my teachings will spread to these mortals eventually.

Spoiler
    Show
    'spread' get it?
    Last edited by lilomar; 2008-05-31 at 11:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Ardannis, Turn 3.0

You are kind and understanding. I'm sure all of our teachings will soon become widely known, but for the time being these creatures have trouble meeting gods, and strange as it sounds, they may accept your ideas more readily when they hear them from another group of Oque than from you, a stranger. I wish you the best - fire will be a useful tool for any of these species against their predators.

((Assuming Krixal takes his leave))

After Krixal's departure, Ardannis goes back over to the Oque, clearly happy to be back with friends. Hello! How are you? How have you been? He tries speaking in slightly more complex phrases, to see how well the Oque can understand, even if they don't use such phrasing yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Must not go native must not go native must not go native...
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

Plamal looked at Tumine, and then spoke so the Oque could hear. "You of water. I of water. I trust for now. If you trick Oque, I kill you. Oque trust no other god or immortal."

Plamal then ran off to the next settlement.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3.0, Group 31, Ardannis

The Oque seem kind of happy to see Krixal leave, because to deal with one not-Oque talking is complex enough. However, when Ardannis talks to them, they do ask questions about Krixal. "What Krixal?" "Ardannis god. Krixal said Krixal god? Krixal not Ardannis." "Tiktbt good! Ardannis play?" The Oque seem to be good, but Ardannis does notice something peculiar. Their numbers seem a bit less, as there are two missing and there do not seem to be any children running around. Children he last saw, such as Tikbt, have grown up to look like adult Oque. In general, the others seem to talk to Ardannis and amongst themselves too, wondering about Krixal and Ardannis. Especially Rtskink and Qwerty seem curious about it. Ardannis also notices something peculiar. It hears some of the Oque imitating Ardannis as they say to other Oque "How are you?" Which usually is responded by "<Oque name> good." However, he can pick out one "Cvest bad. Cvest hurt." before Qwerty addresses him again. "Krixal said Krixal teach. What teach? Ardannis teach?"

Turn 3.0, Group 3, Sedha

What Sedha said caused about half of the Oque to jump up higher in the tree. She was the beast they had seen! The other half seemed scared too, but they realised that Sedha had not shown herself yet. Part of them also simply not realised she was the thing they had been running from, hence why they did not jump up the three. The Oque seemed wary in general. Those in the tree calmed down when she did not appear and some of the Oque started to wonder. What to do with this Goddess?

Then, one of them stepped forward. "Oque fear Goddess. Ztankt not fear Goddess. Goddess good? Ztankt look." Then, another Oque walked next to Ztankt. "Gikft look." "Goddess there?" Ztankt asks, pointing at some of the bushes almost next to Sedha. These Oque were rather good at spotting things. If Sedha admits and allows them to come near, the two will come to check her out. "Ztankt look. Goddess good? Goddess help."

Turn 3.4, Group 9 (randomly rolled), Kranolk
    No|Yes|No[/table]

Unfortunately, the Oque are not a hunting species, being herbivores. They are a species that tends to run from predators. And so, when they see that crazy thing, they get scared. On top of that, the beast already has its claws held up, ready to strike down upon an Oque! The Oque start to run and climb as fast as they can away from this beast. In the mean time, they all shout out about it with "Danger!" "Beast!" "Flee!" and the like, drowning out what Kranolk wanted to say, since they scream with the lot of them.

Turn 3.5, Group 8, Tumine

When Tumine managed to get the talking beast away, the Oque seemed overly happy. In fact, their happiness seemed to cause some kind of surging strength for Tumine, as if more had put their faith in her. And it is more than obvious the Oque are happy. They talk amongst each other and the most common phrase is "Tumine good.", with a close second of: "<Oque name> happy."

When Plamal has left, the Oque come down towards her again. Some of the children move to play happy in the water, while others go about their daily business, drinking or off to find some food. Most of the Oque stand around Tumine though, with a few children jumping around her. Fcinkt and Gpardz are standing the closest, besides the jumpining children. Tumine does notice that Travbt is not around. The group of Oque seem cheerful and the general question is "What Plamal?" and "Why Plamal listen?"

After Tumine gives a response to this and the nearby Oque listen, they still seem joyful, but eventually the group disperses to do their thing again, leaving only a handful Oque sticking with Tumine. Amongst them are Fcinkt and Gpardz, who try to tell Tumine about something they tried. "Oque swim! Wood help. Warp wood. Wood and swim." "Big wood. Swim and big wood. No big wood.. big wood water?" If Tumine shows any indication of either not getting it or wanting to know more, the group of Oque will guide her towards the water to show off that they have used some pieces of wood, not very thick or large, warped them together and used them as things to help with floating and swimming. Something to lean on a bit and hang on to while swimming. They also try to tell her they had a big piece of wood once and they were able to stand on it, but they find some difficulties telling that to her. It is obvious they did not succeed many times though.

During all this, Fcinkt also notes one time that he wants to speak with Tumine alone. He does not state when due to restrictions of language, but it seems obvious that it is later, after all the wood and water things.

Turn 3.5, Group 6, Plamal
    Yes|No|No[/table]

Plamal ran off to the next settlement, finding it within a few days. It is a settlement with huts as well and Plamal can hear the Oque before he sees them. Question is now what he is going to do. If he just walks in, the Oque will get scared and most likely seek cover in their huts again. The Oque in general seem to be better spotters than Plamal is at hiding after all.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-01 at 04:52 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

Plamal looks at them and then decides to speak before they saw him. It was time for a different approach after all a way of getting them to listen to him like the Niddogs. Plamal decided to sing. "I can teach how to get more food. Get more food. I can help Oque."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

The Oque heard another Oque, being very loud. Some of the nearby Oque, about three of them, started to walk towards it, while asking. "Know food? Go food. Food." "Food. Go food." "Teach?" Plamal had to be a bit further away, since hiding is difficult if the other is a better spotter than you. Now, three Oque are coming nearby again, expecting to see an Oque who is not part of their group, but has found some food for them and wishes to help them with that.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

"I look like a bear. What food Oque eat?" Sang Plamal, as he stood still waiting for the Oque to come. "i look like a bear. What food Oque eat? I help find food. I nice. Don't run."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"Bear?" Asks one Oque, and just as the two other Oque, it stands still. They do not really know what bear indicates, but they kind of understand that it means beast. The Oque stand still, amazed and unsure of what to do. They do not want to get closer to a beast, but maybe it only looks like a beast. "Oque?" But the last Oque responds to that. "No Oque. Not know Oque food." "What do?" "Kik go. Climb." The other two agreed. "Not go. Kik come." And with that, Kik moved in the tree and started to climb towards Plamal until he saw him. Meanwhile, Plamal gets a response to his question. "Oque eat. Eat fruit. Eat plant. Fruit good. Oque eat." This obviously gave the hint that the Oque were herbivores, who preferred fruits. Meanwhile, the other asked a question. "Why bear?"
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-01 at 08:01 AM.