New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelus: Convert the Niddog

Mandak, 4.1-4.6
    (At the first family)
    Mandak speaks to the female. "I thank you for Three-eye. Know that I will remember your family. Come, Three-eye. We have much to do." Mandak has a similar message for the other family. Once he has his followers, Mandak takes them and sets off into the forest in search of other Niddog families. As they travel, Mandak has questions for Three-eye and the female. He asks them what the biggest problems of their families are, and what they fear, though usually not so directly. He also observes them as they and other Niddog dig, and tries to come up with ways the process can be improved. At each new family they come across, he introduces himself and his intention, much as before. Unless there is a serious objection, he then shows them how to make a wall and a pit trap, having them make some of each without his aid (part of a wall and one trap, that is). If an individual seems to understand both the reason for digging and the actual digging, he will ask the family matron if they can accompany him on his travels. When this time period is almost over, he heads towards what passes for a small mountain in the woods, and uses a combination of the Scupr and his miracles to either reach a small underground cavern, or make one of his own. Then he speaks to those gathered with him. "Friends, you are truly among the best of your kind, and are chosen. Know that is coming times your people may see troubles the likes of which have never been seen. Know as well that for the survival of not just you, but your entire race, you must be as solid and strong as the Earth that surrounds us. Come here to meet and to remember me. Most of all, keep teaching my works to the rest of your kind. Teach them my name, and prosper. I will return to you soon." Mandak bows to the floor, and then becomes one with it and disappears.

OOC:Obviously, a lot going on here. Mandak will reach as many families as possible, and gather more followers when he can, though never more than one per family. As for the room underground, I figured that somewhere in the hex a hill of some sort exists. Mandak will have scryed for an ideal site.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mandak 4.1-4.6
    In the months that Mandak travels abroad he meets many of the legends that the Niddog know of. He meets the wandering Music-bringer, who shares a song with him, but seems somewhat un-interested in settling down and building something, he meets the Burnt-one, now too old to build on his own, though some of his students help to build the earthen barricades for him. He meets the followers of the Beast-slayer, who would likely do well to learn of his pit-traps, but refuse to listen to him, and tell him to leave, low growl-like sounds echoing their sentiments. From most groups, the females are somewhat reluctant to let one of their males leave, especially the one most skilled in this new method of protecting the family. However, one group that readily joines him, is a group currently terrified of the beasts in the wild. Not all too long ago, a great beast with the claws of Niddog took their female. When asked to, they devote themselves full to the cause of building, especially if it keeps out the beasts, and quickly become amongst the best of those that follow Mandak, having already lived in the world awhile they have the skills necessary to live as adults, and they quickly gain skills in buidling and digging as well.

The Primary method of digging for the Niddog is currently to soften the earth using their stronger Mantis-claws, and then using one of their legs to slide the loosened dirt out of the way. Much like using a pick to break off chunks, and then shoveling them away. The walled in areas that Mandak is best known for are relatively easy, though time-consuming for the Niddog to make, the Pits on the other-hand, take far more practice. Since they Niddog have no ladders, and little jumping ability, they are forced to instead make long ditches, where they slowy create a ramp down into the earth. Since few feel a need to hunt, and due to the difficulty of makeing them, the pits are not widely created, though knowledge of at least their existance does spread.

There are not many hills within this small forest, but Mandak is able to find one large enough for his purposes near the weastern edge of Niddog territory. The Niddog are approrpriately awed by his ability to rapidly create such a large area within the hill, knowing it could have taken them a lifetime to achieve such a thing. As Mandak dissappears into the floor of his new creation, he can hear the voices of all that followed him there echoing in his head, filled with thanks for this great gift.

((ooc: If you want to rp with any of the npc mentioned, just say so. Also, it's not unreasonable for you to run into another immortal, as some of them are likewise traveling the Niddog's trails, however it didn't feel right forcing immortal interaction.....yet.))
    Faster than a speeding wombat, more agile than a drunken Giraffe, able to leap off tall buildings in a single bound, it's PANTSMAN!!

3. - Top - End - #123

Ardannis, Turn 4.6

That is good news, Redclaw. Ardannis want teach all Niddog how to make good trails, travel easy, safe living. Will one or two Niddog come with Ardannis to teach other families? Those who do not wish to come should not feel less important; teaching those that pass is also very important.

Whether or not he obtains volunteers, Ardannis travels for the next few weeks to the villages reachable from the one he started in, showing the inhabitants the same skills in making safer trails and traveling. In each village, he will pick up another volunteer or two, but only recruits actively when the group traveling with him drops below six or so. If he comes across Niddog who have already learned from another god, he takes no offense, admitting that the other god probably has useful things to say as well. He still tries to teach them, however, saying that his skills are still useful. ((Example: if he comes across followers of Tirus, he will, in addition to trailblazing and marking, show them how to make their roads a little flatter and broader, to provide easier passage for the carts.))

He will also slowly introduce the ideas of cunning and trickery. In each village, including the first (Redclaw's), he stays at least a couple days, if he is permitted. Around mealtimes or at time when he is not actively involved in teaching trailblazing, he introduces the Niddog to the game Threes, hoping they enjoy it. If they are confused, he explains that its purpose is to teach Niddog to practice outsmarting someone else, so that they can think faster to outsmart beasts. If any of them particularly take to the game, he will tentatively introduce Fives as well. In addition, if they encounter beasts during their travels, he shows them how beasts are different from each other and how different tactics may be used against various beasts.

Lastly, knowing they are scavengers, he will offer to teach them how to catch larger prey that they usually don't get to eat. If they accept, he teaches them how to make various traps ((pitfalls, lures, snares, etc - I can describe these in further details if need be)), crafting many for them if they appear to appreciate it. ((Using Trapcrafting skill, level 2))

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, that was a whoooole lot. If any of those different ideas don't seem welcome, he'll drop it relatively readily and focus on the others. If that's too long, and you want to drop out of it at some point to RP a specific interaction, that's also cool. I PMed you the game descriptions for Threes and Fives.
    Last edited by harmonictempest; 2008-06-03 at 03:59 PM.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ardannis 4.6
    While many of the adults seem reluctant to leave their home for an extended time, any youngling would jump at the chance to journey with the god of travel. Though young, some of the volunteers are surprisingly capable, and would surely be a help in aiding Ardannis' teachings/

Ardannis does indeed come across groups who have teachings from other gods. From fire, to singing, to signs, to large walls surrounding their homes. Though the ones he encounters are still open to anyhing he teaches. As before, the adults seem most concerned with makeing existing trails safer, and finding better food close to home, but the younglings are always willing to try to learn anything that is thrown at them, as long as they can find some kind of purpose to it.

This new game of trickery takes off slowly, but after a bit, it is embraced by most of the Niddog that Ardannis teaches it to. Perhaps not surprising, the younglings once again pick it up much faster, often beating the adults in the same game. Ardannis teaches them the more complex game of 5s, but as he watches them play, he can see that it is slightly too advanced for them, the winner often being decided more by luck than anything else.

Trapcrafting is a different matter. When Ardannis tries to explain pit-traps to a group living within an area surrounded by crude earthen walls, they take him out a little ways into the forest, and show him a large ditch, obviously dug out, with what were once slightly sharpened sticks. "This trap you mean?" Asks the guide who brought Ardannis here. "Sometimes flee past, when Silent-tooths chase. Hard to make, not work well. Walls better."
    Faster than a speeding wombat, more agile than a drunken Giraffe, able to leap off tall buildings in a single bound, it's PANTSMAN!!

5. - Top - End - #125

Ardannis, Turn 4.6

Ah...yes, hard to make, Ardannis says casually. Hmm...traps could probably wait for some time, when they actually need more free time. Right now, even if they saved much time with trapping, they would have little use for it. He drops the subject for the time being.

He visits as many villages as he can in about a month of travel, enjoying every day on the road with the younglings, playing small jokes on them with Flicker of Shadow and Moment of Seeming, and encouraging them to play them back, always with a laugh or a smile, and quick reassurance or apology if the joke frightens or go too far. He also uses his juggling and sleight of hand to amuse Niddog and pass the time in spare moments.

After a month or so ((Turn 4.85)), he regretfully says on the road one day that it is time for him to leave the Niddog for a time. He congratulates the younglings on helping spread his ideas, and thanks them for their enthusiasm. Swinging up into the trees, he swings up from the top branch and disappears, as usual.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

6. - Top - End - #126

Mandak, 4.1-4.6
    (Music-bringer)
    Mandak is pleased to meet such a positive and beneficial force in Niddog culture, and understands her distaste for digging. It is hardy work, and not for everyone. "Music-bringer, your songs make Niddog glad, and for that I am glad. Remember that your music may also serve other purposes. Some who would not hear am idea may reconsider one placed within a song. What Immortal taught you this art?"
    (Burnt-one)
    Mandak recognizes the usefulness of fire, and so has little objection to Burnt-one's teachings. "Burnt-one, your fire does good in many ways. I am glad that you teach it to others. Tell me, what Immortal taught you this skill?"
    (Beast-slayer)
    This group worries Mandak. He is not willing to risk his avatar or, more importantly, his followers, in teaching the slayers the error of their cold ways, so he leaves them in peace. He resolves to make a note of the location of the slayers, and listen for prayers from there.

Mandak also makes a note of the family who lost their female, and realizes something must be done about this predator.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 4.1

Sedha fades into existence near the dwelling of her Niddog followers. "Greetings my friends. Is there anything you wish me to aid you with?"
    Last edited by pseudovere; 2008-06-04 at 07:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ardannis 4.6
    The Younglings take well to the tricks that Ardannis plays, and try (completely unsuccessfully) to play similar tricks on Ardannis, though they have to rely on natural shadows to hide things, and thrown objects to cause the appearance of movement(usually a thrown fruit that isn't too hard to notice.) However when they start playing the tricks on eachother, it leads to the invention of some basic games that hadn't been part of their life before, most similar to hide-and-seek, or capture the flag(fruit).

Mandak 4.1-4.6
    Music-Bringer: The Music-Bringer gladly tells the story of Arasylon, who came to the Niddog witht he gift of song. As she tells the story of how Arasylon arrived in a self moving cart, and taught the younglings how to sing, she plays a strange drum, and though the language isn't advanced enough to allow true songs, her voice has a certain musical quality to, above and beyond the way most Niddog speak. As the story progresses, an image appears floating in the air above the drum showing exactly how she remembers events. If the drum itself is not enough proof of her story, she rides in the cart that Arasylon first appeared in, using it to easily travel from place to place, and sharing it with the males that follow her. "Arasylon bring much goodness, but you bring goodness to. Will tell Arasylon of your help for Niddog."
    Burnt-One: The Burnt-one is likewise willing to tell of his teacher "Krixal Fire-walker brought the teaching. He teach to controll fire, to keep all safe. He teach of the Smoke-Vine, so that all fire usefull. He teach much to help. Your teaching seems good, helps protect. Walls could stop fire. I will teach others of walls. Thank you for help." The Burnt-ones words are slow, and it is obvious that he is an unusually old Niddog, though there is another, a youngling, who is slowly taking over the Burnt-ones teachings, and this youngling echoes the Burnt-ones Sentiments.

Sedha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is this 4.? or back in 3, fixing the mistake on my part?

The Kind-one greets Sedha "Welcome back Sedha" She says. "We spread teachings, help all we can, but can't help all. Some bring injured here. Injured young come here if can. Some here very sick, no way of helping, no know what to do." The Kind-one brings Sedha to a series of the primitve structures, and shows her the Ill. About 6 Niddog lie on the ground. They all look extremely thin, as if they have been starving, though the Kind-one assures her that they are fed more in fact than anyone else there. "They eat and eat, but always hungry. Do not know what to do."
    Last edited by Rogue_Dragon; 2008-06-03 at 07:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 4.1

Sedha examines the creatures to the best of her ability, asking a healthy Niddog to allow her to compare it to the sick one, as she admittedly has a limited knowledge of Niddog anatomy. Ask she does this, she questions the lead healer.

"Did the sick ones all come from the same place? Were they brought in at the same time? What were they all doing before they became sick? You say they have been eating. Have they had water?"

If the healer is unable to answer any of her questions, Sedha softly and politely questions the sick Niddogs about anything the healer is unable to answer.

((OOC: Sedha has recently improved her healing ability up to rank 3.))

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still wondering just exactly when this is happening, but I'm guessing 4.something if you have your improved healing skill

"We give them water, but they seem to dislike it, makes them very sicker. Most come from nearby, can't move sick very far. Not same place, just nearby. Sick say wake up, and very hungry, then stay hungry. Always hungry now." As Sedha and the Kind-one talk to eachother, some of the Niddog bring back some fruits, which they feed to the sick. Though obviously weekened they devour the fruit as quickly as they can, obviously filled with an unusual hunger for something that supposedly ate not long ago.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Arasylon

Turn 4.2

Arasylon once again appeared before Music-Bringer and her entourage. He awaited any greeting or celebration that might come at his appearance and finally spoke? "I have heard your prayers, daughter, and wish you to know that your faith is always inspirational. I shall speak to Mandak as you requested. Is there anything you'd like to know while I am in your presence?"
    Last edited by Oculus; 2008-06-03 at 11:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arasylon 4.2
    As always, the celebration is loud and happy, and filled with jumping about. "Happy to see Arasylon. Mandak help others, happy of that too. Stay some time, enjoy food and song." Assuming that Arasylon does indeed stay awhile, the Niddog set up a small campfire and sit around it sharing stories of their travel and singing, and eating food that they haul around in the cart. As the fire slowly dies down a bit, the Niddog dig a much much smaller pit, in which they make a small fire using strange vines. Then they sit around the fire breathing in the great plumes of smoke, and singing their old songs (though now slightly off tune). As Ardannis breathes in the smoke as well he notices that it has a sweet smell to it, and causes a certain kind of calm happiness.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Arasylon

Arasylon spent time with his followers joined in their song, danced with them, ungainly as their dance may be. He listened to their stories and told some of his own. When they started burning the vines he frowned a bit.

"These vines produce a calming aura which is indeed pleasant, but it distorts your song. While it is pleasure and joy that is the root of song I warn you, as an expert in the field, that indulgence is a pleasant thing, but overindulgence can be dangerous. I pray you keep this in mind."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arasylon 4.2
    The Niddog look sadly at the vines as Arasylon speaks "We know it distorts sound. But vines make happy too. What if take turns? Some sing, some smoke? Then goodness of both?" Asks one of Music-Bringers males.
    Last edited by Rogue_Dragon; 2008-06-03 at 11:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 4.1

Sedha was confounded by the disease. The only thing that she could think of would be a parasite of some sort. But why did it make them feel sicker when they drank...

She turned to the Kind-one. "This might spread from one Niddog to another. I am not sure yet, but until I know what is going on, you should probably shouldn't touch them. I'm not sure if I can get sick, so I should be safe." Sedha looks around for several seconds. " ...How often do they... create stool?" ((There really isn't a dignified way to say that, is there? But it seems like an important question to ask for something clearly digestive in nature.))

After getting an answer, she turned to one of the sick Niddogs and asks it "It hurts when you drink? Where and how does it hurt? Does it feel like a stabbing pain, an ache, or pressure? If necessary, she explains what each of these are to the sick Niddog.

((OOC: This one's tough. Is assuming that, since I didn't apparently find anything from examining them, it's a disease that actually exists in the real world? Thought it might be rabies, but then they wouldn't still be alive, and they wouldn't want to eat... is it a bad thing that I get the majority of my medical knowledge off of wikis?))

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

"This would be acceptable. I promote all things that bring happiness to you, so long as they impaired not your song."

Arasylon rose and bade farewell to his followers. He left to the outer plane and reappeared in a settlement he had not yet visited, once again entering playing his fiddle.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha
    The Niddog listen intently to what Sedha has to say. When she asks of the stool, the Kind-one thinks for a moment, and then actually looks around the structures "Nothing, what that mean? They eat much but make nothing? They eat much but starve?" When Sedha speaks with the ill one, it is obvious that he is somewhat dillusional, having some difficulty focusing or speaking clearly (making communication very difficult), but he is able to inform Sedha that the pain is close to where she would expect his stomach to be, though he seems unable to explain the kind of pain.
    (ooc: I still need to know what part of the turn this is happening in, and you might want to check your pms)

Arasylon 4.2
    "Thank you Arasylon, will be carefull with.....with sing-hurters." Says the Music-bringer.
    When Arasylon moves to a new family, he notices that they have a large wall around their primitive structure, needing to use a ramp to get in and out. When Arasylon arrives they invite him in, seeming to recognize him instantly "Come come, warmth and food for you here. Music-Bringer says much of you. She say you friend of all, and make all happy. What brings you here?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Arasylon

Arasylon strode in peering at the ramp quizzically. This was a new behavior, almost certainly inspired by another god.

"I just come to hear your tales and help where I may. But first I am intrigued at your dirt wall what is it for?" Before he could be answered he turned to the younglings. "Do you like music? If you get together and come up with a new song for me I'll have a special prize for the best singer!"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arasylon 4.3
    The younglings look confused for a second, but quickly run off to think up a new song, you can hear them say as they leave "Singing can be contest?" "It is now!" The adults are happy to answer Arasylon's questions "Wall gift of Mandak, like Music gift of you. Keep out slayers, keep out wind."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Arasylon

"This is a good gift. I will have to meet this Mandak. What other news do you have? are there any problems that need to be solved?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arasylon 4.3
    "Mandak leave not long ago, he solve many problems. Now have food and safety, need not more." By now some of the younglings have started to come back, sitting quietly by while the Adults talk, but fidgeting quite a bit.
    Last edited by Rogue_Dragon; 2008-06-04 at 12:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Arasylon

Arasylon was pleased to hear that the Niddogg were doing well, and even more pleased to hear the youngling's song. It was a good attempt for the younglings, but would take improvement before it was good in and of itself. As the younglings sang Arasylon accompanied them on his fiddle and wove between them. He picked out a tiny female with a clear and steady voice. She was smaller then the rest and stood in the back, fidgeting nervously through the whole song. Arasylon knew that this was the child who would receive the prize. He quickly cast Amplify voice on her, and let her be heard as the ebst singer above all the others.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arasylon 4.3
    Many of the other younglings seem surprised by the sudden volume of the small girl, and cease their song as they stare, however the girl continues. By the time that Arasylon notices her and casts the spell he notices that she is growing less and less nervous, untill near the end she isn't even seeing the others stare at her, nor hearing that the others are quieting down, though her song is simple it is filled with a clarity that few Niddog can match, and she shows an almost unprecidented ability to hold a tune.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 4.3 (continuation)

Forneus smiles at the young ones as he thinks about his next answer. There is something about this species that keeps him genuinely amused.
    Forneus tries to explain the Outer Plane while avoiding concepts like infinity (which isn't very easy for what he's trying to say). It is easy to play when you can do everything. Where I live I can make any toy and play any game I wish. And I don't need to prove my abilities there because I know I can do everything there.
    Forneus shrugs and continues: But you are right, I come down here to work and play. To tell you the truth, most of the other immortals aren't usually much fun to play with. The Niddog are more fun and I like coming here.

Forneus considers the link between population and loss of freedom. It is important to feel free, like the air above. If bigger groups will make you unhappy, I will not insist. But think about this: many creatures live in large groups and that makes them more free. With many Niddog it's enough that some go for food and keep the fires against predators. The others are free to do what they want. And with more Niddog around you can play more games.

Forneus is silent for a moment With more Niddog in one place I can tell stories and teach things that more Niddog will hear.
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-06-04 at 01:41 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek returns to the Niddog lands, same sizae as before, wearing Mask of Benevolence. He sits on a branch and composes a children story – “Little youngling lost in woods”. It’s a story about a youngling, who gets lost in the forest and finds his way back to his family using various survival techniques he learned or figured out himself.

“Education. Earliest form of thought control, targeting those most vulnerable.” – Tek smiles a genuine smile of self-satisfaction.

Tek travels the Niddog lands, gathers younglings and tells them this story. If it takes well, he’ll think of new ones. He also tries to find the limit of individual Niddogs capacity for knowledge.

“A single person can’t know how to survive in woods, make fires, build walls and sing songs at their best. When there will be too much knowledge, specialization will be required. And their families would have to grow into proper tribes.”
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2008-06-04 at 01:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forneus 4.3
    The younglings laugh and say "Like Forneus. Like fires at night, Like traveling with Forneus too."
    The adults are still slightly concerned with this new idea. "Seems dangerous, but you make sense. If you find other group that willing, We will try. You say make easier, so we try. You say make safer, so we try. But idea feel....wrong."

Tek 4.3
    The younglings do indeed like the story, none of them even coming close to guessing at the purpose behind it. As for the memory of the Niddog, with the many new teachings influxing from across the land, most Niddogs minds are rather full. Though Tek would notice that the youngest generation seems to already have as much knowledge as many of their elders, indicating a kind of increase in the intelligence of the Niddog over time. However, even the younglings are hard-pressed to learn everything, and if the many teachings continue, it is only a matter of time before they become incapable of amassing their species knowledge into an individual.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Halfling in the Playground

Krixal 4.5-4.8ish

We cook, not burn, food for several reasons, young one. It helps keep the food from being bad, sometimes it kills sickness in the food. Also, it changes the flavor, so you don't have to eat it the same all of the time. I don't think that it makes the food like the smoke-vine, although, maybe you could try grinding up the smoke vine and using it like a spice? I do not know if it will do anything, but it won't hurt to try!

Krixal helps the Niddog in this experiment, showing them how to grind up the vine.
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 4.3-4.4

OOC: looking for the closest group (which hopefully would have heard much about Forneus by now).

Forneus uses his scrying pool to get a good idea of which direction to send his avatar. He tells the Niddog group that he will go and visit their closest neighbors and if the trip is not very long, Forneus asks if one or two Niddog would like to accompany him on the way there, hopefully to give a first-hand account of how fun it is to be visited by this particular immortal.

The plan is more or less simple: upon arrival, Forneus would introduce himself, show a few tricks (definitely using the flying as the pinnacle in the show) and then tell the Niddog what they have been missing out in terms of games and protection. If invited, Forneus would stay for a few days and if they like him as much as the first group, he will suggest for them to move together.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Arasylon

Arasylon waited for the youngling's song to finish.

"Your voice was the most beautiful today little one. As your prize I saw to it that it was heard far and wide. Let this be a lesson that amazing things can come from the most surprising of places."

Arasylon blew the tiny winner a kiss and once more departed to the outer plane.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Krixal 4.5-4.8
    The Niddog take well to the experiment, their natural curiosity overcoming their aversion to waisting the somewhat uncommon vine. After the spicing and cooking process, the Niddog taste the meat, and seem to truly enjoy the taste. When Krixal takes a taste he likely finds it almost unbearably sweet, as if the cooking process after spicing it with the vine has somehow candied the meat, but it is one of the few things that the Niddog have so far noticed the difference in the taste. After tasting the meat some of the odler Niddogs start asking questions "What this tastes? Vine good yes? Other tastes? How make other tastes?" Though sadly thats about as far as they get before the intoxicating powers of the vine hit their systems in full power, rendering them somewhat loopy for the remainder of the night.

Forneus
    Most, actually, All families currently live within at most one days travel of their nearest neighbor. Forneus reaches the next family with ease, traveling with a few of the Niddog from White-bellie's family. The nearest neighbor has indeed heard of Forneus, though up untill his appearance they were not among his followers. This new group is greatly impressed by Forneus' abilities, especially flight, and are more than willing to learn what he has to teach, especially when the Niddogs that accompanied Forneus mention that he will eventually teach them to fly. The new family however is somewhat reluctant to move in whith another, portraying a similar fear of it somehow infringing on their freedom. The female of the group, a relatively normal looking Niddog save for her bright blue-eyes, sums up their questions and concerns, "Few Niddog do what want. Many Niddog do what others want. If many Niddog together, always must do what others want. That is no good? How that help? That needed to learn most?"

Arasylon 4.3
    After finishing her song, the young female shifts back, curling up into an even smaller space than she had previously occupied, but Arasylon can easily detect a certain amount of pride behind her shy demeanor. Some of the younglings show a small amount jealousy(mostly other young females), but the vast majority cheer her on, congratulating her on her singing. She says nothing as Arasylon leaves, but as he returns to the Outer-plane, he hears here inner voice from deep within "Thank you, Arasylon."