New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Pius Fidelis: Convert the Zygon

Tek, Turn 7 wrap-up

Tek returns to Zygon and stays with them until end of the turn.

He remains with his groups and assists wherever he can. He helps Zygon to resolve disputes and smooths the transition from several tribes into one unified city. He advises the new leader of his tribe if his advice is heeded. Tek tries to maintain good spirits of the Zygon, so they don’t give in to despair over hardships. He also helps with organization of any large scale works – like building houses or fighting floods (Tek assists with putting right people to the right places and making sure everyone knows what he is doing).

Spoiler
    Show

I’ve visited on 7.25 to deliver my warning, then left and returned once again on 7.5

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ark, turn 7 wrap up

Zygon: Most were inside their huts hiding from the winds that moved throughout the city as well as the rain that was just beginning. Though, when Polyxena heard Ark’s distinct voice she moved to the doorway to see if it was indeed the being she had known so well. She quickly moved over to him to hug the larger creature happily before looking up at him. “I missed you.” She told him, in the doorway a small lightly colored Zygon looked out curious at the unusual creature.

Ark: Ark smiles to Polyxena and rests a hand on top of her head gently. "I've missed you too, Polyxena." As he sees the younger Zygon, he raises an eyebrow. "I... is this?" Ark looks at Polyxena in true wonder. Crouching down and approaching the young Zygon, he examines it carefully with curiosity.

Zygon: Polyxena looks over at the young Zygon when Ark notes him, before turning back to him with a nod. “Yes.” She states happily before moving over to the small child and picking him up to hold him; though she didn’t seem to want to take him far from the wind protection of the hut. “I named him Diogenes.” She tells Ark while the child looks curiously at the creature but still holds tightly to his mother, his fur is a soft off white with dark black strips that run along his body more defining his features then following a pattern.

Ark: Ark approaches slowly, his figure looking at the young Zygon thoroughly. He smiles wide at the name. "Diogenes, huh? A good name. You've done so well raising him Polyxena. And those eyes, I can tell they'll be strong ones." Opening his large hand, he invites the child to touch it with a smile. "Well, Diogenes, would you greet your father?" He then looks at Polyxena, his green eyes staring for a second. "Does he know?" And when she has answered, he moves closer to her and invites her on his shoulder with his child. "Have you seen the clouds? A storm is coming."

Zygon: Polyxena seemed happy to get the words of praise, then even happier when the young Zygon reached out to grab a large finger of the unusual creature. “No. He doesn’t know yet. The other Zygon know, but he is still too young to understand.” She explains as the child looks on curiously; seeming rather fascinated by the creature as his soft eyes looked over the being. A sudden and loud burst of thunder echoed out from the north; Polyxena clutched her child protectively as it took her by surprise, though Diogenes merely looked to gaze up at what had caused it. “I know. The storm is coming. We have seen it for a while.” She tells him after a few moments, the child still gazing up into the clouds before looking back that unusual being when no more lightening was apparent.

Ark: Nodding in appreciation at her protective stance, Ark stares into the horizon for a while. "This storm is going to last quite a while from the looks of it. I will start getting the Zygon to work as preventive measures." he pauses, looking at his son. "He will understand soon. I'd like you to teach him what you know. When you think he has grown enough, tell me and I will take him with me outside to strengthen him for his future life. He is to become an important Zygon, and you are his very important mother." Ark smiles, then after gently stroking his son's head, he walks to the main building where the chieftain resides to have a talk with him about preparing for the storm.

===

After having spent time with Polyxena, Ark returns later on during the storm. From 7.5 to 7.9, he stays with her and will face the storm with her.

Ark first goes to the leader of the city, and then the different Zygon that hold control in each of the areas of the City. To all of them, he counsels staying indoors. The Zygon shouldn't waste their strength on the relentless storm. They should let it wash over them.

Ark further counsels prudence and not to stray alone in the storm. He insists in keeping the herd inside the city and reinforce any barriers that keeps them in check. They will grow restless during the storm. Greens still need to be brought to them however, and it is a wise decision to organize regular expeditions to bring back greens for the herd.

Akam, for that is his avatar's name, in all his might at 15 foot tall, uses his talent in farming to dig up channels through the city to drain it and lead the water into the outskirts, much like an irrigation system. He will tell the Zygon they can use their hands, or much more efficiently, they can use their power over earth to dig up those channels.

When the city continuously drains, the Zygon should look towards reinforcing their earth and stone structures while inside. Akam will always walk into the plains with the Zygon to bring back handfuls of food for the herd. After he is done with the channeling, he will support the Zygon by carrying earth or rocks for them to manipulate, as well as bring help to any house that collapses, paying particular attention to Polyxena's home.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-16 at 07:32 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awlruts, 7 Wrap Up

Having made the rulers of the Zygon city take more reasonable action Awlruts will get to work using her immense strength and her avatars ability to never tire to work the entire time attempting to save as many Zygon lives at the main building. She will finally leave when the storm has passed.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

4. - Top - End - #154

Ark turn 8.9, City of Natan

Coming to the Zygon once more, and more specifically, Polyxena, he comes see how she fares. Ades walks among them once more, making their herds grow as he casts upon them miracles for Breeding and Conceiving. He looks inside the city and meets with the chieftain once more. Walking among the buildings, he will help them towards rebuilding and will teach them how to make conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 2 Miracles used on the main herd:

+ Breed (Animal):

This will make non-sentient creatures in an area of 7 meters wide want to breed.

+ Conceive (Animal):

Will make any fetuses or eggs (or whatever the medium is) in an area of 7 meters wide be conceived earlier.
    [[All level 2 Miracles used]]

To Polyxena he stays with her and tells her he will stay with her for a while. He has had to care for a number of other followers that were being destroyed by the storm, but now that the crisis had been averted, he will be able to stay with her.

When he finds his son, he takes him to the fields and asks a few Zygon to participate. The aim of the game is to use seeds as light projectiles and Diogenes aim is to dodge the most he can. To prevent him from straying his attention, he also adds weights that he ties around his head with leaves.

When his son's training ends, he then goes to the main building to meet with the chieftain once more, explaining how officially admitting Polyxena as priestess for the city of Natan was of the utmost importance for him to know of the wishes of the entire city. Focusing the prayers to Ark through one person would be a lot easier for him.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-16 at 07:42 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 8.0

Ikeklos remains with the Zygon for a time, trying its best to help them. Then... One day... Something happens.
    Ikeklos hears the wishes, the cries. All at once. So many. It.. it needed to sort them.
    "Element-Movers. My time with you has come to an end. I will return, should time permit, but... I must see to other things. I wish you wisdom in your future decisions."

With that, Ikeklos begins to demanifest.

6. - Top - End - #156

Awlruts, 8.1 city of Tisiphone

Apearing in her fashion she began to move about the city, not very fussed about where, it seems for the moment that it is the wandering that she is interested in. She will move and explore the city, even moving to a number of feet away from the city proper to get a good idea for the size and scale of it. After finding a good spot for the intended construction she will begin to move about the city in the same fashion, but now with the hidden intent of finding her daughter.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Halfling in the Playground

The Zygon 8.1 Awlruts, city of Tisiphone

Zygon: Most of the Zygon had become somewhat used to seeing the unusual creature as she strode throughout the city, though several of the younger Zygon as well as immigrants from other cities seemed surprised by her appearance. Though several seemed curious as to what she was doing and investigating, however none voiced a question and merely let her about her business. After she started looking for her daughter though it wasn’t hard to find her; though again with the attention Awlruts drew it was again more of Victoria finding her. “It is good to see you mother. What brings you here this time?” She asks happily before embracing her mother.

Awlruts: Embracing her daughter for a few moments before letting go she began to look around in an almost bird like fashion. Motioning for her to follow she began to talk about strange things, as she walked it seemed her look was otherwordly in it's apperance. It was as if she was thinking of something far off or hard to comprehend. When they reach the spot she had chosen before she moves through the imaginary opening yet to be created and into the middle of the again yet to be made training ground before turning abruptly and speaking to Victoria, "I wonder. Where do you live?"

Zygon: Victoria followed her mother quizzically as she lead the way through the city to a flatter more open spot, though she seemed a little surprised at the question. “I live over there.” She stated after a moment pointing to another portion of the small city, she seemed somewhat confused by this but complied anyway. “What is this about mother?” She asked after a few moments wondering what was going on.

Awlruts: Looking over to her daughter and then back to where the temple area would be. Then turning back to staring at the sky playing with her hair for a moment. Enjoying the confusion of her daughter a little bit too much, "What? What Indeed." moving now towards where the entrance of the temple proper would be before moving into the non-existant temple, "I've been thinking. The best way to train in the arts of war would be to have a place where Zygon could come and learn from someone also a place where they could come and ask for my blessing in these things." smiling to herself as the plot intertwined in her mind. "Of course the younger they start training the better they would be and the more powerful they are." her voice taking a tone of anticapation, "Of course the younger they start learning the more their teacher can mold them." she eyed Victoria while she said this of course.

Zygon: Victoria almost seemed upset at her mother’s teasing while she followed her along the clear area, though she still listened carefully as always. “It would be nice to have an area for training.” She agreed, though when her mother eyed her she put her hands on her hips. “I am not ready to take a mate yet.” She stated rather defiantly almost guessing what her mother was suggesting; though it was easy to tell her body was fully developed and most other Zygon females of her look and age had already taken mates. “I will not just take the first male to come along. I want to know that he is right for me first.” She states with something of a defiant tone.

Awlruts: Sighing a little before she tried to make her point again. "I think you've missed some of my point." moving her arms about pointing out where the boundaries of this training ground would be, and then moving her arms to show where the temple would be she continued. "Here, we build. You train. They ask me for blessings in their work at the tempe. I have all the plans ready and waiting." with that she will begin an exhaustive plan of what this Training-Chapel would be, with examples of decor, she will also explain different forms of armed and unarmed combat she has yet to teach her. "You will teach everyone who earns the right. Only those who you deem are worthy get the training of heroes."

Zygon: Victoria looked at her mother as she pointed out how she’d like the Chapel structure to be built and listened intently at her plans for Victoria to deem who will enter and who won’t; Victoria gave something of a smirk. “No mother, I caught that. I have no problem with the training or the temple, or leading it.” She states almost seeming to be happy with the concept. “I just wanted to get what I had a problem with out of the way first.” Victoria stated seeming rather happy with herself. “But why do we need a place to ask for your help?” She asks curiously, it wasn’t really her truly questioning, just indulging her Felidae side.

Awlruts: Happy that she took such an interest in the idea and certainly happy about her smirk, meant she wasn't just a face. Just like her mother. Then listening to her and considering her question, she lowered her head a little to her height and spoke slowly, "That would be telling." she smirked at her teasing and began to think of her other problem. A grandchild, I suppose I could try and see if I could rustle up a mate for her, as this thought crossed her mind she thought back to Ark. If he had a child already, a combination of the two lines could prove interesting. I would of course need to keep Ark on a tight leash.

Zygon: As Awlruts leaned down Victoria looked up interested before hearing her response, at which point she give something of a disappointed frown. “Do not even trust your own daughter.” She states seeming mildly upset, though it was obvious it was more getting her hopes up just to be told otherwise. Though, she eyes Awlruts a little suspiciously when her mother gets lost in thought. “I want to find my own mate mother. Not one you find for me.” She states taking a random stab in the dark at to what her mother was thinking about.

Awlruts: Seeing her daughter depressed but realising it was more because she hoped for something a little more informative but otherwise happy. Staring at her as she guessed what was on her mind she looked up at the sky trying to look innocent of her accusations but it was futile. After their banter is finished and all preparations are done she will begin. She will spend the entire turn working on this project and then after it's completion teaching Victoria the new methods of combat and tactics she would need to become a great teacher of war.

8.1 – 8. Awlruts, city of Tisiphone

The Zygon get on to constructing the temple, though their construction skills are not the greatest, they at least attempt to do their best and comparatively it is a very well crafted building. Almost as soon as the training area has be leveled and marked, Victoria starts training all those who would come to learn from her and her mother; which results in greater skill of the combatants of the city.

The Zygon 8.9 Ark, city of Natan

The Zygon are rather grateful for Ark helping them replenish their herd since they had many losses because of the storm, though the Zygon seem rather intent on rebuilding and preparing them selves, should something else come their way. Though, Polyxena and Diogenes seem rather happy to be able to spend time with Ark; when Ark has Diogenes play the game with other Zygon he seems rather capable of staying focused with the movements without assistance. However, when he speaks with the leaders, they don’t seem real sure or understand of the meaning of having Polyxena being the priestess of the city; though she was normally present for the meetings between the leaders.

The Zygon 9.0 Turn 9 update

While the Zygon have established themselves quite well into their new cities, they still make several trips to their neighboring cities to speak with the others and find out if they have learned anything new. The Zygon often have family groups move to meet up with another in one of the nearby cities, often these were groups that met before the cities were established. Though these meetings they spread word of new ways to construct huts and buildings as well as how to better craft spears to hold a point, though even beyond this the groups are beginning to figure out how to better do a phalanx with more Zygon available to help with it.
    Zweans-attack (Z-winz-uh-tak) verb 1:An unprovoked attack on ones attention though the use of the MSN instant messenger by a Zweanslord, these attacks often affect multiple people at once.

I invented the hate ray, but it was smashed when the tested subject got angry and beat me with it.

This one time a harpy started singing and cleric was unconscious, so my wizard cast blindness/deafness on everyone in the party; then put the dwarf's gloves on and started groping the female paladin.

8. - Top - End - #158

Awlruts, 9.61 city of Tisiphone

Despite her normal apearances Awlruts felt it was time for something sutble. So she apeared on top of the roof of her temple, for those who had been looking at that spot would've sworn it wasn't that she apeared, but rather they had moved to a place where she had always been sitting there. As she sat their she will continue to watch them go about their day untill Victoria notices her at which point she'll stay on top of the roof but talk to her.

9. - Top - End - #159

Ark 9.0 City of Natan

Akam teaches the young Zygon, his own son, endurance feats. The point is to train and hone his ability to resist fatigue. Akam lumbers his son with stones that he needs to carry around the City several times. He otherwise spends his time listening to his son, satisfying his curiosity (mostly) of the world his father is from.

He reassures Polyxena about their son's training, saying he won't push their son more than his limit, supporting her for the role of Priestess still, explaining to the chief and various leaders that it makes praying to him easier. He otherwise supports Polyxena in her attempts at gaining authority among the leaders. He is trying to eventually lead her to rule the city of Natan.

Ark 9.1 City of Natan

For some reason, this time, Ark doesn't change his training session with his son. Once more, he focuses on teaching him endurance and the ability to make longer efforts. He is trying to make him on par, if not greater than his own current form of power. To Ark, his son seemed to have taken an unusual place in his heart. He valued his son's strength and power, and he wanted to see him one day at the head of the City. For this, he needed to have much strength, but not only strength he would recognise, he also wanted his son to have something the Zygon would acknowledge.

With Polyxena, he spends always time with her, knowing that she has been with him for quite a while, he knew her lifetime was decreasing. Yet he was always seen standing by her, holding her, carrying her, speaking to her. And, as always, and as she gains experience and knowledge, he continues supporting her for the leadership of the city.

Ark 9.2 City of Natan

After giving his son a good break off their regular activities, he now gives him a new training. While his father has nearly unlimited power, he tells Diogenes he doesn't have the same capability. All the training Diogenes had done till now was to lead to one final test: It consists of the same principle of crafting mana rocks. Leading his son to their home, he explains once more what he awaits from him: The young Zygon is to etch his mana onto the floors, the ceiling and the walls both inside and outside of their stone home. The target is to be able to do this in 1 day and 1 night.

As he says this, he tells his son that he will be able to start and will wake him at sunrise the next day, which is when the test will begin. For now, he gets his son food and feeds him plenty. Always watching over him, he reassures Polyxena constantly over any of her fears.

With Polyxena, he shows her the fast growing grass from the plains and teaches her how to make enclosures for the herd to stampede in, and one where the long grass grows. When one enclosure is finished being eaten in, the herd is led into the next one and the Zygon do not have to leave their city for the forest or the plains to feed the herd. Rather, they need only proceed with this rotative system.

Helping her present and explain this Fallowing process, he presents it to the leaders, and if they accept, Akam will start teaching them the basics of farming, and will also start planting saplings around the city to provide shade and cover for the metropolis.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 9.6
    City of Myron

The element movers. So much potential, both for preservation, and for waste. It would have to nurture them.
    Ikeklos appeared as Ikeklos, but a little smaller than usual. It's still taller than the Zygon, but only by a little bit. It walks towards their city slowly, announcing its presence.
    "Element-Movers, I, Ikeklos, have returned once more. Your perseverance and clear minds in the midst of a storm which ravaged your kind impressed me greatly. I have come to help nurture this strength."

If they will have it, it explains.

"I am certain you know of the Deities: Likely, you have heard of many roaming among your people. I am one such, and though I was not able to teach much of my knowledge with the storm, I have returned to continue what I started."

Ikeklos spends time amongst the Zygon, learning of their ways and assisting where it can. In the down time, it tries to further their latent Endothermic abilities, but it is far more concerned, now, with their culture: It seems to realize there is little point otherwise. It tries to nurture their feeling of community amongst them, teaching them to think as a community, as well as individuals. It teaches them the Second Great Truth:
    "Element movers, the First Great Truth teaches to avoid waste in your actions. You have shown that you understand this truth, and so I reveal a second.
    Know this, the Second Great Truth: Beware of the Clouded Mind.
    he intelligence you possess is the greatest asset you have. It is your ability to think that sets you, and the Deities, apart from all other things, all other plants, all other animals, all things. But there is much that can cloud the mind, and threaten to Usurp it. Be mindful of your emotions. Anger. Fear. Lust. Despair. Do not ignore them, for they are important. But do not let them master you. Control yourself, and think. Do not give in. For, in mastering your emotions, you will learn to master your own mind. And, in this, true strength may be found."

Assuming that this teaching doesn't result in the natives chasing it off with pitchforks and torches, Ikeklos continues its help and teachings.
    Turn 9.8
    At this point, Ikeklos has spent some time amongst the Zygon. It is seeing the benefit of their physical structure, as opposed to that of others he had taught. Perhaps it would capitalize on this.
    "Element-Movers. I have seen a potential in your people. I have an art to teach you. But to learn it, it would be advisable to be... Away, for a little while. Away from distractions, from hustle and bustle. The time will not be long, but, ideally, you shall learn much in that time..."
    It will accept few of the Zygon's number, at most 5% of the population, to teach this skill. He leads them away, instructing them to take some supplies and bedding. He takes them out of sight of the city, preferably into a forest, but not much farther. There, it constructs, with the Zygon's help(if they offer it) a simple Gazebo, and a structure to accommodate those who followed it. Then the lessons begin.
    Ikeklos provides a more in-depth lesson on the nature of calm, of ice, and on the control of emotions. In between enough hunting to keep them alive and healthy, It teaches them to handle their emotions: not to bottle them, not to ignore them, but to recognize them for what they are. It also teaches them the importance of wise decisions, ones that consider all time, not just the here and now: To learn from the past, to prepare for the future, to better the present.
    There is a physical element to these studies as well. Although it is still interested in engendering their potential for Endothermic yadda yadda, it has a more pointed lesson for this time: It teaches them its style of Martial art. During this time, it may construct additional things to train upon.

The style is focused on holds, bars, and control: It is designed not to outright harm an opponent, but to make them immobile or incapacitated until cooler heads can prevail. However, it does feature slight elements of harm, twists and pulls that hurt, but don't kill.

They may question the importance of this. Ikeklos has a ready explanation.
    "Your tools are powerful: Spears and axes that can kill and maim. But would you as easily raise them against your own kind, as you would a prey?
    By following the teachings of the Second Great Truth, you will avoid the rage, the fear which might drive you against one another. But not all know of the Truth, and not all may accept it. Here is its importance: This skill allows you to end the problem, without ending the life causing it."

However, throughout the teaching, there is something Ikeklos emphasizes.
    "This style, and all others, is meant to be used in the service of peace, harmony, and conservation. Do not use it in a wasteful fashion. Do not use it to instigate harm. Use it to protect yourselves, and others, for it is in community that you will find True strength."

If the Zygon have any problems with these teachings, Ikeklos will attempt to explain...

(Edit: Turn is ending soon, So I suppose I should just get on with it...I hope I'm not entirely out there with the assumption that this whole thing worked kinda)
    Turn 9.95
    Ikeklos remains with these students until turn 9.95, Educating them in mind, and in body. It has revealed to these students it's Third Great Truth:

"Students; Till now, I have brought Truths of how to avoid waste. But no action should be performed without reason. Thus, I teach why.
    Know this, the Third Great Truth; Everything is a product of another Thing or Things.
    There is No Thing that is produced without something else causing it. Even I come from another place. Preserve what you can: for, if all of one thing disappears, then things that come from it may disappear as well. Even the power of Deities is not pulled from nothing, but is fueled by the wishes, the hopes, and the contentment of those we teach. As you follow and understand my teachings, so too shall the strength I lend you give me strength as well. And, as in the past, I shall use this strength to serve your people, and all those who understand my teachings."

But Ikeklos knows it must soon complete, or at least put on hold, their education: It daren't leave his other creatures alone too long. But it is determined to give them wise words to go on.
    "Students, my time with you is about to reach its temporary end. I must return to the Outer realm, to conduct study and work to preserve others. What you have learned in this time will serve you well, but it will not help your people if it is known only to you choice few. I brought you to this place so that its solitude may allow you to concentrate on the true importance of my teachings. So, to, should you do with your kin. Know This: There will be others among your people, who will see your dedication, your strength, your knowledge, and your wisdom, and will want to know that which you know. They should be encouraged. Bring them to this place, and teach them as I have taught: To quiet the tempestuous soul, to control the body, to bring true wisdom to bear from a sea of distracting emotion. Where once you were Truth-Seekers, you are now made Truth-Bearers. Use this place, and its calm, to further the training of yourselves and others, and to reflect upon the true nature of the Many Truths, as well as the Great ones I have given you. And should you find yourself in need of my wisdom, come to this place and reflect strongly upon your need. Should the need be dire enough, I shall endeavor to come to your aid."
    Ikeklos will let this sink in, then spend a day finalizing the knowledge he is imparting, saying he will continue once he returns. The next day, he will make sure the Zygon know the way back to their city, and will lead any who wish to return at this point back to it. There, it explains.
    "Element-Movers. These now among you are my Truth-Seekers, my Truth-Bearers. I have taught them much in this time, to aid them and all your people. Though I must leave you now, I shall return in time. In the mean time, I leave these Truth-Bearers to you with the Wisdom and Knowledge I have imparted. Those who wish to join their ranks, who can hold most dear the Truths I have brought to you, may be taught further by them in the place that I have led them to.
    For now, however, I bid your people Wise Decisions in your time, for I must return to the realm of Deities..."

It answers any pressing questions, and then leaves to demanifest.
    Last edited by Altairius; 2008-06-20 at 01:46 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161

The Zygon 9.0 – 9.2 Ark, city of Natan

Diogenes struggles with the weights and the exercise, he was strong and quick, but his endurance was no where near either of those. Though, with the persistence of Ark he kept pushing himself and improved greatly; however he still did not have the limitless endurance that Ark had. When Ark broke from the regular training and asked the strong Zygon to etch his mana into the building, he merely gave a concerned look having no idea what he meant by that. Though, when he did try something to force his mana through his ability into the earth he quickly started to lose focus and quickly had to stop to put his on the ground as his visions doubled and his head started to spin. His double vision and dizziness did not subside for a few days having been unable to control the mana properly had destroyed his focus and he simply wasn’t able to cope with the flow he was creating.

Polyxena trusted Ark’s judgment when it came to their son, though she kept active in the community talking to all those she could, and with Ark there she was rather convincing to most. Though even she herself states that she is unable to be one of the leaders of the city, much less lead the entire city; the council tends to agree with this, they are sure to state that while she is considered an influential voice to the council she is not a leader. However, they do listen to his advise on farming; though they are able to establish the idea of rotating pastures, they don’t seem to have the total backing to go solely with that; hunting seems to be almost a sacred thing to them and would not abandon it, but they are willing to start it incase of famine.

The Zygon 9.6 – 9.95 Ikeklos, city of Myron

The Zygon recall the large icy creature that had helped them during the storm and many are glad to see its return; though it seems that their skills with the endothermic seem to have remained the same as before. Though, all the Zygon seem to know something of immortals, already from word spread by other communities; though the creature’s message of controlling their emotions seems to be mixed, neither extremely well accepted nor refused.

When the creature asks for them to leave the city, many are hesitate with the idea; though eventually about ten come to listen, all kinds of eye colors and physical traits are among those who come. They help with the building of the structure before they listen and learn as much as they can from him though while he stresses bars, holds, and control; each eye color seems to put their own spin on it, though those with blue and white eyes seem to hold closest to what he actually teaches. The red eyed Zygon seem to usually modify it to put their opponents on the ground with them pressing above, while brown eyed ones do something similar but do not hold the same dominating styles.

Though, when it comes to emotional control most seem to have something of a level of control, but they all feed into their own choice spectrums more then others; red eyes being a bit more towards aggression and anger seem to already have the greatest control of their tempers. However, with the instruction they still attempt to control their emotions a bit better, which improves, though they still seem to have a preference for indulging their feelings when it doesn’t seem to matter. Though, a constant among all the Zygon is that they miss their families and being around the other Zygon.

When they return to the city the Zygon are rather happy to see them return and listen to what the creature says before it leaves. However, the Zygon the icy creature trained have difficulties getting others to go out to the structure for so long; many seem to opt to rather simply spread the message on the outskirts of town rather then attempt to get enough to go out to the place they had learned at.

The Zygon 9.61 – 9.99 Awlruts, city of Tisiphone

Awlruts: Despite her normal appearances Awlruts felt it was time for something subtle. So she appeared on top of the roof of her temple, for those who had been looking at that spot would've sworn it wasn't that she appeared, but rather they had moved to a place where she had always been sitting there. As she sat their she will continue to watch them go about their day until Victoria notices her at which point she'll stay on top of the roof but talk to her.

Zygon: Victoria had been in the middle of instructing a small group of Zygon to better work as a group when her eye was caught by something on the roof; though she didn’t skip a beat beyond a quick glance to confirm what she saw. When the training was done Victoria dismissed all the others before moving to a few feet from the wall as she looked up at her mother. “It has been a while mother. What is new?” She asked curiously looking up at her mother.

Awlruts: Staring at her she begins to tell her the story of Achilles, a man given the choice between two fates. In one fate he would die of old age surrounded by grandchildren. In the other he would die in a blaze of glory making his name last for all eternity. Now leaping off the edge of the stone wall and landing with a dull thump a few feet from Victoria, "Achilles was the greatest warrior of all time, a great hoplite warrior. He led a group of men called the Myrmidons, they were the best of the best." Her words are intended to fire her imagination, to inspire her to the greatness she knew she had.

Zygon: Victoria listens to the story and smirks as she hopped down off the wall. “Mother, look at me.” She states with a small post to show off her body. “I still have plenty of time.” Victoria comments before moving with extraordinary grace just to show off her body a bit more before settling in front of her mother. “I want to lead the Zygon to a better future. To better lives.” She explains before pausing and seeming to think on something for a bit. “I also want a family, but I want it with a mate I care about. Not the first one to come by.” She states almost seeming a little downed by the concept.

Awlruts: Smiling at her daughter and how she didn't quite comprahend her words, "You don't have to make the choice. Ark, he might..." she pasued her words. Knowing Ark and the single fact he is the Immortal of Fertility and Lust he probably has a child, it'd be fun to see the result of two Godborn. "I love you and I want the best for you." she will then wander back into her temple, looking to the shrine she begins to think of an addition she could make, to make her entrance here something special. "You asked me before a question. I'll answer you now. Power. The prayers of mortals gives Immortals power. The more you worship us, the more powerful we get. A fair deal for what we offer. Don't you think?"

Zygon: Victoria listened but gave a mildly confused look when her mother mentioned Ark, though gave a smile when Awlruts continued. “I am glad you think so mother.” She commented before following her into the temple as her mother looked around at it, it was fairly well built and had been added to in mild fashions; more decorations that matched everything else and the like. Victoria looked at her mother oddly when she finally told her how immortals gained power, though she paused when posed the question. “It is interesting.” She states seemingly mildly skeptical on the thought as she thought about it, it wasn’t hard to tell there were many things at work as she thought.

Awlruts: Her voice now took on an other quality, something not normal. "You're thinking about if I'm using you to gain power." she stretched a hand out and stroked the side of the building, "You're thinking we are all using you." turning back up, her body motions taking a etheral quality, "You would think that of your own mother? I want to stop those who would see all of this destroyed, I want to stop those who follow Ripik. He is evil, he is the one who allowed Forneus, Kirkeal, and many others here. To pillage this world and it's promise at will."

Zygon: Victoria’s gaze shifts to her mother as she starts to explain what is easily thought about immortals; though when her mother turns to her and begins to tell her of this new being she doesn’t falter as many who might be intimidated by such a being. “I do not doubt you mother.” She states honestly almost blatantly. “I have heard of the other one like me. The child of Ark. I also heard how little he was there.” She explains though pauses. “But you were not like Ark. You were there for me while I grew up. If you did not care about at least me you would not have stayed.” She states with almost a soft tone to her voice letting herself become slightly emotional about the fondness, and then straightened up some regaining her resolve. “However, I do not know this Ripik.” She says in a more serious tone.

Awlruts: After listening to Victoria she finally spoke in a more cheerful voice, "I'm glad. I think now we should try and improve the skill with which the Zygon make a use Spears. If don't mind gathering some of your brighter students tommorow." She intends to then spend the rest of her time here teaching them and encouraging them to teach others about improved methods of spear wielding and construction.

The Zygon 10.0 Turn 10 update

The Zygon have continued to establish themselves further in the cities as word spreads on how to improve their style of farming, namely with rotating pastures for their herds so that the grass had time to grow. Though there is also the spreading of an unarmed fighting style that relies on the use of grabs and throws to subdue the opponent, oddly side by side with this is the spreading of a better way to craft spears from stone.
    Zweans-attack (Z-winz-uh-tak) verb 1:An unprovoked attack on ones attention though the use of the MSN instant messenger by a Zweanslord, these attacks often affect multiple people at once.

I invented the hate ray, but it was smashed when the tested subject got angry and beat me with it.

This one time a harpy started singing and cleric was unconscious, so my wizard cast blindness/deafness on everyone in the party; then put the dwarf's gloves on and started groping the female paladin.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 10.3
    (For the Record, Ikeklos shows up as a large-sized deity)
    Ikeklos returned to the City of Myron, as it had promised, but not within the city itself. As it had taught its previous students, so to had it learned from them: The Element-Movers felt the pull of community, a feeling Ikeklos would be mad to ignore. Instead, it appeared where it had first taken the Zygon, retrieving what remained of its training equipment that it could carry without unduly encumbering itself. With this in hand, it set out to the city.
    When it arrived, it announced its intentions.
    "Element-Movers. Truth-Speakers. As your people learned from me, so too had I learned from you. The community that you have developed with your fellow Element-Mover, your desire to belong amongst them, is something which I wish to encourage. Thus, I see the folly of my decision. Let it not be said that Deities are infallible. Instead, for the betterment of all, I must overcome my... wariness of the life of this city.
    Instead, I have seen a better solution. These teachings still require a degree of calm, of separation, but it need not be so severe. Instead, a structure will be built, and within its thick walls may placation be found. If you would lend your assistance, I would be most grateful."

Ikeklos details its plans: A moderate training grounds, in which its arts and teachings may be learned in proper. At the core is a building, made of thick stone walls, in which proper solitude may be reached. It is large enough for a number of Zygon to occupy it, and learn. Surrounding this is a courtyard for physical training, in which Ikeklos will place the training equipment it brought, as well as any more it or the Zygon will make. It wishes to place the whole thing at the city's edge, so that when the city grows it won't crowd it immediately.

If the Zygon are amicable to this plan, it will begin immediately. It accepts any help the Zygon may offer. It starts by cutting out appropriate rock for construction material by using its claws, and using freezing water to open up cracks, and then bringing the blocks to the site. It works tirelessly, Day and night, to shore up the needed elements for construction. From there, it may rely on their knowledge of construction somewhat, but will provide much in the way of brute labor.

When (And if) the new construction is done, Ikeklos decides that, perhaps, a show of celebration is somewhat called for. Solemn though it must be, of course.

It crafts a large trough, and collects a substantial amount of water in it. It carries it to the finished site, and places it down in front of the stone building. It gathers its First disciples, and any who wish to attend the ceremony. With great calm and dignity, it begins.

"Community. Its importance cannot be understated. By your gathering, you may more efficiently do with many what could not be done by the mere individual. By sharing in your abilities, in your strengths, you help to negate your weaknesses. And yet, it is not without its difficulties. The many must become as the one, for decisions must be made for the greatest good of all. In times of hard decision, the ability to make sound, wise choices is paramount. To see through the cloud of fear, of hate, of sorrow, and to see the truth for what it truly is. I have come to your people to show you the Path to the Truth. And it is in this that you will find your greatest Strength."
    With great delicacy, it dips its arms into the trough. Using the Miracle Ice-Shape, it transforms the contents into a large, 3 dimensional Snowflake. It holds it aloft.
    "This, Element-Movers, is my Symbol. A symbol of calm, of cool heads, of rational thought. In times long past, I showed this symbol to your ancestors. Now, again It will grace the light of day. And, though this one will not last for long, the impression it will leave on your minds is what is truly important."
    It places the Symbol in front of the Zygon, so that each may come and look at it. Then, using its claws, it carefully carves the Symbol over the entrance.

"And now, the question arises as it has before. Who among you are willing to join the others, and become Truth-Seekers?"

13. - Top - End - #163

Awlruts, 10.42 City of Lusius

OOC: There, now wasn't that worth the wait?

As Awlruts walked to the city that lay a few days travel beyond Tisiphone; her daughter having caused her to delay her plans. Her mind drifted back to Victoria and the grief she had suffered, and the new addition to the temple she had built. Shrines for the dead in a hallway of shrines, a novel idea. Now that the city was approaching Awlruts forced those thoughts from her mind and steeled her mind from the pain her daughter felt."This city is the one closest to Victoria. I have a much better chance of them knowing me here and trusting me faster." Running her left hand through her hair moving it back into place as her thoughts danced across her mind, her eyes giving a neutral white light. Then with unearthly grace she began to wander the city her eyes moving from place to place creating in her mind a map for later use. The Zygon are bound to eventually grow curious about her and when the curiosity reach’s it peak she will approach one of the more curious.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-22 at 08:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Ark, City of Natan, 10.1

Staying with his son once more, materializing into the city within an orb of light descending from the sky, Akam steps out one more in his might: 15 feet tall. He looks among the streets of the City and goes to visit his son and Polyxena. Knowing the life expectancy of the Zygon, he was about to give 'the talk' to his son, but when he reached the home, he finally learned the news.

The avatar showed no obvious surprise at the news, yet his head bows low and he leans and lets his knee drop to the ground. Polyxena had been a support in this world, and it grieved him that she had to go. Going to his son, and if he is need of support, he provides it. Eventually, he will talk to him as he asks him to go around for a walk.

"Diogenes, I would like your mom's spirit to rest at ease. She and your grandmother were my most valuable of disciples. I would like her to watch you and be proud. To be able to rest and contemplate your achievements from the sky where she watches you."

He pauses.

"For that, I would like you to make our house bigger and taller so it can be seen from afar. You should ask other Zygon's that wish to participate in this work to help you.

Once the building is complete, then you should engrave the walls outside the house with my symbols. It will become a beacon of our faith, your mom's, your own, and all the Zygon's that believe or believed in me. A place of faith."

Ark looks towards his son and nods silently, it was soon going to be time for him to start searching for a mate. But he had confidence that Diogenes would find one on his own as soon as he left him with spare time, for now, it wasn't an important matter. The shock of his mother that had left him should let itself wear off bit by bit.

He will stay with Diogenes and help him erect the building that he will call "The Hall of Ark". Giving him support in recruiting other followers, Akam will sit besides the structure, overseeing the process, directing them if they get lost and bringing most of the stone in.

He then looks at the structure, it would be 3 meters by 3 meters and square. The height to the roof would be 2 meters. The entrance would face the symbol of Ark. He explains to Diogenes that next to all the walls there should be an earth bench for the Zygon to sit down and listen to him. Windows to let light in and a pillar to support the roof.

"The pillar, it should be special. It should be engraved, but not by you or me. Zygon's should approach the pillar and engrave or scratch in their names. Then not only do you know who came, but it is also a way for the Zygon to communicate between each other indirectly by leaving traces of their presence."

He then draws a rough plan in the dirt to show his son: (Minus the colors and the pretty photoshopping effects :p)

"Something like that, Diogenes. Viewed from the side."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-23 at 08:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165

The Zygon 10.1 Ark, city of Natan

Ark’s appearance in the city does not go unnoticed by the Zygon; they had come to know the large being fairly well, though there were still several that did not know him from the last time he visited. Though, when he went to see if his son was alright with the loss of his mother, the resilient Felidae seemed to have come to terms with her death; he had known that she was coming to the end of her days well before she finally did pass.

However, he listened to his father as they walked and nodded at his mother being proud of him, though he seemed a little unsure as to what his father meant when he wanted the house to be seen from afar. Though, he seemed to understand more as Ark explained it further and eventually got the full idea when he sketched the image of the building in the dirt. “I’ll build it best I can.” He stated confidently after a moment. Diogenes quickly went to work on the building and quite a few Zygon of the community came to help, but there was no question; from the size of the building it was going to take some time to complete.

The Zygon 10.2 – 10.4 Awlruts, city of Tisiphone

Spoiler
    Show
    Awlruts: Apearing slowly infront of the alter in her recently constructed, called to this place by the grief of Victoria. As her form finally and silently completes manifesting itself Awlruts calls out to her daughter, "Victoria? Where are you?" in a soft tone.

Zygon: Victoria had curled up behind the alter since she saw that he oldest friend had died during the previous night; she hadn’t shown it while she there, but it had stirred a small torrent of emotions in her. She was almost startled to hear her mother’s voice call out from the other side of the alter, the Felidae took a moment to wipe away the tears in her fur and regain her resolve before standing up and facing her mother. “I am here mother. What brings you this time?” She asked attempting to hide her inner feelings the best she could.

Awlruts: Looking at Victoria Awlruts couldn't help but feel pride. Proud that she had raised such a strong child. The time to be strong wasn't now, "You know why." and with those words she embraced her. "It's ok, you don't need to be strong around me." Her voice thick with a strength born of a mothers love.

Zygon: She grips her mother tightly before letting her tears escape her. “Why?” Victoria asked in almost a whisper as she started to sob but still fighting them back. “Why are they dying?” She asked still continuing to lose control of her feelings. “Why am I not?” She asked before breaking down into full sobs.

Awlruts: "It is because you were born special. You were given the gift and curse of longevity, the gift to live longer then any you know, and the curse to watch those you care about die." Her voice remains strong, despite the implications they bring. "You should mourn them feel pain at their loss." These words in paticular are spoken with distaste, "They would not want you to be consumed by it." She takes a momentary pause before she continues. "How would that make them feel? To know that their death has caused yours?" Holding her gently in her arms, as she did wehn Victoria was young she whispered in her ear, "I will tell you a secret. How I have come to deal with our dual curse and gift. Go to their children, let your friendship with their mothers and fathers become your friendship with them." her voice near the end spoke words in itself, it spoke of experience in this matter and of the pain of knowing one you had cared for is dead.

Zygon: She listens to her mother while trying to control her sobs the best she can; though she slowly seems to get more control as Awlruts speaks. “I…I could try.” She states slowly after her mother is finished, her tears still flowing, but much more slowly now. “I will miss them, but they would not want me to feel bad because they are gone.” Victoria states with a little more confidence, though she leans close to rest her head on her mother just like she did when she was younger. “I just do not want to be alone.” She states quietly.

Awlruts: "I know. I wish I could always be here with you." Holding her head close to her and gently stroking her head, "I wish it with all my heart, but I can't. That is why it is so important to me that you make connections with other people." her voice pleading with Victoria now still strong, but pleading. "I have an idea." Her head perking up a small bit and looking to the wall behind her alter. "We could make small shrines for them, that way whenever you want you can talk to them. Like you can with mine. They may not be able to answer, but I think they'd like to know you still care about them." With her words still echoing she will grip her daughter tightly before saying, "Would you like that?".

Zygon: Victoria didn’t say a word and merely listened as her mother talked, though she looked up when she said she had an idea; then she nodded in agreement when she heard about the idea for the shrine. “I would like that. Some place I could talk to them again.” She states quietly as she continued to get more control, she’d miss her friends, even now she missed them, but she also new life continued. She waited a few moments before straightening up and wiping her eyes again, which was a lot more affective then one would think since she manipulated the tears. “Would you help me mother?” She asked calmly.

Awlruts: "Of course I will. We'll make one for Karr together first. If you find a small fist sized rock, I'll find a large head sized one." With her gentle words she will head with her daughter outside to find the stones they need. After finding them she bring them both back into the temple and begin, "You need to stylise the small rock so it reflects who Karr was, so that it is unique. I'll hollow out this large stone so the small one has a safe place to be." after these simple words Awlruts will begin to use the Earth Manipulation she had learned from her old friends to hollow out the stone she had brought with her.

Zygon: Victoria gives a nod and starts into the search for a proper stone for Karr’s shine, she gave it a good deal of care oddly, even though it was just a rock that she decided on before returning to her mother. “Alright.” She agreed to as Awlruts started to work on the larger rock; Victoria found a spot and started rub the stone in her hands as her ability began to etch the stone into shapes and images. By the time she was done there were several images craved in great detail in the stone; one of Karr and Awlruts together, one of him leading a hunt, and a final one of him standing with spear and shield next to both Awlruts and Victoria. “What do you think?” Asked Victoria as she held the stone out to her mother, though the images were a bit rough, especially the one of Victoria, they were very well done for the amount of time she spent on it.

Awlruts: "That's very well done. Now we put that small stone in here." Awlruts speach very careful, the kind of slow speach you get when your talking to yourself while your building something. As she placed the small stone into the hollowed out rock she quickly rubbed away a small crevice so it could stand upright without needing anything else, "And now." her breathe leaving her as she hefted it up, "We can place it in here, or in your home." the choice was a simple one and her demeanor suggested that, but it was symbolic of how things were to be and how Victoria viewed this new practice of honouring the dead; was it to be something private, or something at least semi-public.

Zygon: Victoria watched as her mother completed the little shine for her father, with something of a smile; it had been a while since he had died, but she still missed him. Though she seemed to debate for a little bit on the matter before coming a conclusion. “I think Karr would have wanted to be seen by others.” She states somewhat happily for such a dark subject. “I would like it to be here. Only perhaps someplace where we can be alone, but when I am not here others can come see him.” Victoria suggests after a moment, though seemingly unsure of where to put it.

Awlruts: With the question answered Awlruts will -with little dificulty- move the shrine to Karr to the back of the temple. This would not be it's final home, Awlruts had already imagined a room attached to this one that would house the shrines of the dead. This would of course be for those who thought as Victoria did, many would choose to keep their shrine at home. "This will be a good place for now." Her voice satisfied with the current placement of Karrs shrine, "But I think we need somewhere more private for the shrines of the dead. A small long thin room attached to the temple back here." she seems pleased with this, this place would not be for the dead really. This room was infact for the living, to help them cope with death. Already Awlruts began to trace out where the door would go at the back, it would be a large opening, enough for two Zygon standing abreast.

After Awlruts had breached the idea to Victoria work began almost as soon as the words left her mouth. The room itself was place at the back of the temple; the entrance was at least placed there. The room itself bore more resemblance to a very long hallway, with enough space for four Zygon standing side by side along with shrines covering the wall. The room is not as ornate as the temple proper because of the somber tone that needed to be struck with it. This however is the first instance of a door, this room needing extra security and privacy for the users. The door is not very large as mentioned and very simple, enough for two Zygon walking abreast to enter. The security is a large stone bar that fits in front of the door to prevent any wild animals from destroying the shrines that lay within; it does prove any problem for the Zygon and their elemental ability. The work proceeded quickly with the constant help of Awlruts and her recently manifested elemental abilities.

10.42 –10.82 Awlruts, city of Lusius

Spoiler
    Show
    Zygon: The Zygon noticed the unusual creature approaching and walking around in their city; many questioned who and what it was, others seemed to guess from what they had heard, while others had come to Lusius from Tisiphone. There was a general consensus from the crowd as to who the being was; though many were still curious as to why she had come to Lusius. A blue eyed Canidae male moved up to the being with a bit of boldness that was uncommon for the eye color. “I hear you are Awlruts. What brings you to Lusius?” He asks with an air of confidence to him, his oddly black and deep red fur shining in the sun.

Awlruts: Surprised at the boldness of a blue eyed Zygon Awlruts took a moment longer to talk then normal, "I am she. Why? I've come because I would like to set up a training ground here, as I have done in Tisiphone." feeling no need to be coy she will speak plainly, honestly to this strange uncommon Zygon with blue eyes. "You have me at a disadvantage, you know my name but I do not know yours." Manners, the idea of giving your name first before you speak something they had never thought of but Awlruts found it fun to tease him a bit.

Zygon: The unusually bold Zygon seems to smirk at her response and her pointing out that he didn’t give his name. “I am Aniketos, leader of this part of Lusius.” He tells her still being rather bold, his long snout seeming to be held with a bit of pride; though he paused and seemed to think a bit. “I have heard many things of you Awlruts. I have heard of what all you have done in Tisiphone.” He states somewhat ominously, before smirking. “I would like to see a training ground in my part of the city.” Aniketos continues rather with a smirk and a mildly diplomatic tone in his voice.

Awlruts: Interesting. Such a simple and loaded word and one Awlruts used often, but so apllicable to the world she found herself in. It seems only last week the Zygon were nomads lead by a single leader. Now they are lead by a council of the former leaders of the tribes, and already politics had began to develop. Very interesting. "Very coy choice of words. Very interesting." Almost as if the words were light as air they formed with a slow sense of urgency. "Perhaps, I would prefer to get to know the entire council first. For the look of the thing you understand." The words themselves seemed to grin as they left the coy half-smile on her face.

Zygon: Aniketos smirked at her response. “The others will want to speak with you.” He continues before starting move towards the meeting building and gesture for her to come with. “They will likely be there now.” He adds after a moment still smirking to a point as he lead the way.

Awlruts: Following this interesting blue eyed male to the council chambers Awlruts pays some good attention to him while they walk, a leader. If we were to become entangled then I could gain some small measure of power here. When they finally reach the chambers the council as he said is still in session, waiting a few moment after she enter the rooms she speaks, "I am Awlruts as I'm sure some of you know.".

Zygon: Nine Zygon sat in their respective seats, but looked to give their attention to the unusual creature that Aniketos had brought with him; one of them looked familiar, the female blue eyed Canidae was originally from Tisiphone. “We have heard of you. And the many things you’ve done in Tisiphone.” Stated a male Felidae with grayish brown eyes, while the others seemed to agree of hearing some things. “I would not think you would come to our city to look around. What do you-“ Explains a male Canidae with red eyes before being interrupted. “However, we are honored to have her in our city none the less. We are curious as to know why you have chosen to come.” States the blue eyed female from Tisiphone interrupting the more blunt red eyes, though the red eyes doesn’t seem to take much offense to this.

Awlruts: Amused by the blue eyes interruption of the red eyed one giving a short chuckle. "I'm interested in starting another training grounds here. I already have scouted through the city and found a suitable place for it all I need is you. It would of course be in your best interest, after all a place to train with the blessing of a God of War is a rare thing indeed. Certain needs must be met before it can function though, I will need to test your best and brightest to see who holds within the spark of a great teacher and learner."

After a brief, but intense discussion between the leaders of the city; it is decided that the training grounds would be approved by the council, though only for certain areas, namely the areas that belonged to the leaders that were in favor of it. This however, didn’t prove a problem since the place that Awlruts had chosen was in the area belonging to the blue eyed Canidae female from Tisiphone. With Awlruts helping the construction it goes immensely faster; with the being’s tirelessness and no need to sleep, it makes it much easier to form the rocks as they need to be, though the Zygon still seem to have a better understanding of the construction of it.

The Zygon 10.3 – 10.8 Ikeklos, city of Myron

The Zygon had not been to the training area he had made for quite some time; some of the more fragile stone equipment had broken though there was still some left that was useable. When the icy creature started talking about the community the Zygon seemed rather happy that he did not want to force them to be so far away from their homes and family. When the creature starts to construct the thick walled building, the Zygon offer their assistance; while they are unable to cut stone as quickly as the large creature, they are much better at working into a finer building marital.

However, even with the tireless creature helping it still takes a great deal of time to construct fully; though it was the heaviest and thickest building that the city had. When the building was done quite a few Zygon come to see what the creature had to say, though some seem a bit confused by what the creature meant by becoming truth seekers; however many were willing to listen and learn, it was a reference that they were not used to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I didn't get this up sooner.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-06-24 at 04:32 AM. Reason: just go with it

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 10.8
    (Real quick, busy day)
    Ikeklos resumes its teachings and trainings for its former students, as well as the new ones, but must leave on 10.9, but promises to return in time.

17. - Top - End - #167

The Zygon 11.0 Turn 11 update

With all the construction the Zygon had been doing as of late, their ability to manipulate the earth has increased dramatically; and these teachings have spread quickly throughout the Zygon. Though with the increased skill the Zygon manipulate the earth with, they have also had a mild increase the time they can spend doing it as well as their ability to manipulate the water as they mix mud. The cities continue to establish themselves further as time proceeds, and the councils become more used to having heed over larger groups.

18. - Top - End - #168

The Zygon, Ark 11.1, City of Natan

As Ark appears with Akam in the outskirts of the city at dusk, he wanted to see whether any of the Zygon would stand watch on the exits. As he did so, however, he tried taking off the tentacle-claws he had found, as they didn't in the outer plane.

Without any sort of success. And as he did, suddenly the claws mentally shout at him that they are hungry for blood. ((It is probably good to note that the claws have a dual personality.))

What the...

DM: "DIE MORTALS! I WANT YOUR BLOOD! KILL THEM, KILL THEM! BLOOOD! FEEEEEEEEEED ME!" this is physical shouting & mental shouting.

Looking at the claws, rotating his forearm so he can see the other side of the item, an eye suddenly opens and a shiver runs down his spine, running away from the Zygon city of Natan in a hurry before the guards ever had a chance to investigate. After a distance, he looks down to the eye, his face remaining solid stone.

"Did... you just speak to me?"
    "No, I am just gently reciting a poem, you dimwit!"
    "... Did you say blood? What kind of blood?"
    "I'd say yours, but I think the empty spot in your head has it all"
    "Do you have a name, thing?"
    "Yes, it's called the reason you're never going to get laid again. Oh wait, that was done when I covered your hand dumbass."
    "Well, I'll name you 'Sucker', sucker. It fits the bill well enough."
    "Yeah, sucker, I don't mind being named after your mom."
    "I technically never had a mom." And predicting ahead, he thinks. "Or a dad for that matter. Why the hell do you need blood anyway, Sucker?"
    "It tastes better then you, but I'm sure the last thing to take a dive for you told you that one."

He pauses for a while, thinking for a moment.

"How do I take you off, Sucker? No offense, but you're pretty... invasive."
    "Huh, you know, I could just let go; but I don't think I will."
    "What if I don't feed you enough blood?"
    "Then you are a mean bastard - hey - just like me! So you want to suck blood too? I sure do, let's go get blood. Like from that tasty one over there. His blood must be yummy. Come on. Kill it. Want blood. BLOOOOD"
    "That'd be pretty good, but I could just keep pesting you until you give me more blood. So I don't think I will."
    "... but why? Why wouldn't you go where the meat is fairer? Is there really no way for me to take you off?"
    "Well, if your that determined to get rid of me, then let's make a deal: I'll let go if you kill some one with me and let me drink all their tasty blood."
    "Will you really let go, or clutch more tightly... is the question. How can I trust you?"
    "We will have a blood bond when I got blood. So then you can trust me I will let go. Fair deal no?"

Akam shivers, but really, Ark himself feels like this thing is probably more dangerous than it already is. "Shut. up. Let's go." Of course, he can't bring himself to kill any sentients. Akam will move outside of the area he is in to find one of the 'Tusked Beasts' that were in the plains of the Zygon, trying to find one on its own, silenty creeping on it before engaging into a fight with it.

DM: You win the fight.

"MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! That was tasty, nothing like down going all natural!" However, the claw isn't releasing.

Akam looks at the claw with sharp eyes. "Release yourself. Now."
    "Oh, but that wasn't the kind of blood I was asking for. But it was tasty."
    "I thought you didn't have any preferences. Blood is blood, how can there be a difference?"
    "Blood is tasty no matter what creature bleeds it. However, I want something special out of our deal; I mean I can get that kind of blood anywhere really."
    "Something special... why not tell me of this earlier, Sucker?" The tone of voice wasn't sarcastic, he'd eventually think of the item under that name.
    "Because you didn't ask."
    "And what is that request of yours then?"
    "Well, I'd like something really special. Much on par with how you eventually learned to walk and talk at the same time. No, something even more special then that. You know what, let's just make it something down right unique. That way it can be just as memerable to you as it is for me...that is if your memory lasts longer then five seconds."
    "I want you to.. kill.. uhm.. everybody. Yeah. That'd suffice."
    Ark falls into a silent spell, gazing on the item for a long while as it spoke. "Can you starve?" he finally says after a long pause.
    "I tried to loose a few pounds that way once, but it just made me crankier then you on your first period."
    "Heh. Shut up. Answer me this rather... have you had other owners before?"
    "Whoe, this stud don't swing that way. I mean, I can see why you'd like a piece of the action; but don't go chatting me up like that."
    "I don't swing any blood your way if you don't swing it to me that way either. So how did you ever end up where you were?"
    "Magic. The same kind of magic that stole your masculity...oh no, wait my bad, different kind because you didn't have any to start with."
    "Damn you. Well... keep your mouth shut when I'm around thinking species and I'll find you things to eat. If that's enough of a deal for you."
    "That works for me, just I get really hungry after a while. Though, I thought you wanted to get rid of me; or do you like having some part of you that the ladies like for a change?"
    Ark stares at the claw for a while. "You'll have to prove me that you can do something else than cut things up if you want -me- to give you any action, boy."
    "Oooooo! I'm shaking. If I don't show him I can keep my word the breaded lady won't feed me any more. I'll do what I say, just as long as you hold up your end of the bargan. Just if you're going to talk to some one for a while be sure to feed me first otherwise my stomach might start to groan louder then you do during your nightly hand puppet acts."
    "Duly noted..." And with that, he finally walks back to the Zygon encampment, using his Cloth of Morphing to hide most of the claw.

I need to warn the other Immortals about this...
    A Revenant

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 11.5

Ikeklos appears in the form of Kelkik in the City of Myron... It knows the Zygon are... unaccustomed to this appearance. Therefore, it introduces itself.

"Element movers, I am Kelkik. I am a form of Ikeklos, wrought of its desire to live, to feel, to know what it is to be one of you. No being made of ice and will, I am made in the image of the living. And it has sent me among you, to deliver a gift."
    Hefting the sizable Symbol with a little difficulty, Kelkik presents his gift to the Zygon. It hums peacefully.

"Know this: this was lighter before... Take this to the central room of the Training grounds. There, in the heart of wisdom spread to your people, it may soothe troubled minds and hearts, and help you find the path to the Truth."
    It helps the Zygon to man...er... Zygon-handle the symbol into the central room.

Afterwards, it stands in the building, addressing any who helped him move the symbol. "Unlike Ikeklos... The Form of Ikeklos named Ikeklos, I mean, you know, the spider-looking thing... I am much more like you, Element-Movers. Rather than just knowing about the nature of emotions, I experience them. I know what it is to fear, to hate. And, while it may teach styles to help control the emotions of others... I can teach to master the emotions within, not just in meditation, but in practice as well. Fear, sorrow, desire and...rage... can be powerful, and irrational, masters. But mastering these emotions, and controlling them, you may find a correct outlet. I do not have much time, but I will teach what I can..."

Kelkik teaches his form of martial arts, comprised of quick, aimed strikes, designed to disable an opponent with surprise, overwhelming speed, and, if absolutely needed, extreme pain. However, Kelkik urges even stronger than Ikeklos did that this form must only be used in self defense.

He cannot stay long enough to teach more advanced part of this form. It has been tasked with a greater trial.

Turn 11.6
    Kelkik must leave the Zygon. It heads out onto the plains, To complete it's trial.
    Thanks to El_Frenchie for the nifty sig!

20. - Top - End - #170

The Zygon, Ark 11.1, City of Natan

Interaction:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ark: Ark materializes right before the entrance of the new building, appearing slowly in a shaft of pure light as if he had been walking from afar, gradually stepping into view. He looks at the building and smiles, calling for Diogenes, complimenting him as the first thing he does. "How are you son? How have the elements treated you recently?"

Zygon: It takes a few moments for Diogenes to come out of the larger structure after a few moments seeming rather sleepily; only a few other Zygon were outside this time of day, though most were keeping watch, though several were starting on their daily activity. “Good, what brings you by?” He asks still seeming to wake up, his fur was more then a mild mess; though he seemed to have already started to pad down the worst of it.

Ark: "Well, we've got lots to do, son! I trust you have done your job of teaching the young and unknowing about me? If you seem to be done for the moment, I'd like to go visit someplace else and bring you with me. There's lots to be done and eventually, other places to see. First things first however, I'd like you to set up a daily routine for the Zygon that believe in me. Good children come with good bodies and good control over the elements. Any that believe in me can come and commune about their powers here. But to do that, we need space, so we're first going to flatten some earth around this building here where they have room to train."

He looks at a patch of earth around 5x5 meters in front of the building, or close to it, facing it. He marks it with stones and tell his son that would be the proposed area. He says that it would do for now, and here, they should create some water in a rock receptacle in the certain of the training ground, and perhaps put rocks around the field as targets for fire. A similar rock receptacle with some ashes in it could be used as training for air.

"With this, you'd have to kindle a flame from the ashes with a breath of air. With the water, you can manipulate it at will or add to it, earth at your feet is plentiful, and finally with fire, you can use the rocks as targets around the field for training aim and power. Stone hardly get hot very easily, so when you pick up that stone, you will be able to tell how strong your flame was. Naturally, they will only start this training when you come back. Any questions so far?" Ark smiles after his rather verbose talk.

Zygon: Diogenes listened though it was apparent that he had just woken up, so he wasn’t the most alert at the moment; though he still seemed somewhat confused by his father wanting him to go with him somewhere. “Not even I can throw fire.” He notes mildly in his father’s instruction on how he wanted the training ground. “Where were you wanting to take me?” He asked in response to his father asking if he had any questions; though an odd bit was that during all this an older male Felidae left the structure with a mild silent touch goodbye to Diogenes before moving away.

Ark: "Well, not throwing, really. Just manifesting away from your hands, but then rocks might be too difficult, we would replace them with something easier." Ark expresses a mild confusion about the male Felidae leaving the structure. He eventually pieces it out and makes a mental note of it and tries to appear unphased, it would take a certain amount of perception to guess at his slight disappointment. The traveling was partly related to this matter, and this was a sore blow in Ark's plans. "Well, I wanted to take you to a city where there is someone like you, born of someone like me. She was born with black eyes, and she is shunned by most Zygon. She has a mother which has trained Zygon to be tougher and stronger and I would like you to go there to train for a while. You'd be coming back, of course. What do you think?"

Zygon: Diogenes seemed to think it over some. “Rocks are too hard. Even I can only set fire to plants at a distance.” He explains settling on the idea that he doesn’t have the ability so no others would either; though he listens to the reasoning behind his father wanting him to go to the other city. “She has black eyes; of course others do not like her. She pry needs everyone else to help her all the time.” He states rather plainly. “Her mother pry gives the training so that the others do not think she is entirely helpless.” He explains settling on the idea. “Though, I will go; if you think it will help.” He states confidently.

Ark: "Indeed. But we might want to explore that possibility, I don't know the full extent of your powers, and I am sure none the Zygon do." He listens to him talk about Victoria for a second, watching his facial features as he does so, wondering whether it is a good idea or not. It doesn't seem to deter him however, as he speaks once more: "Well, that might be so, but that also could be false. Don't put too harsh a judgement on one that we know not about yet, Diogenes. Presumptions and assumptions are your worst enemies. Aren't you curious?"

During the conversation, Akam does his best to hide the claw with the Cloth of Morphing. Seeing as it was fed pretty recently, it didn't seem to mind the conversation or do any other comments, it stayed fairly put. Using mostly his right hand, Akam directs the Zygon for flattening the Earth and then sets up rolled balls of grass around the training area. He helps with making bowls of stone to hold water and earth, as well as another where they make a fire to create ashes. He tells them he and Diogenes will be back to start the regular elemental training.

11.1, City of Tisiphone

They eventually move to the city of Tisiphone and he and Diogenes will stay and train on the grounds there, helped -or not- by Victoria. During this time, Akam generally never spars with Diogenes however, more like he is instructing the Zygon with his skills at wrestling.

[[possible rp conversation with Victoria]]

So when do you feed us again? You've been walking around lots and we're getting HUNGRY. This really isn't the best time. Bear it for a while longer. Fine, but better watch out... I get really talkative when I get hungry.

With this, Akam seems fairly distracted, he watches his son still, training his strength and if possible, getting someone else to improve his nimbleness. He then proceeds to return to the City of Natan with Diogenes, talking on the way about how he should now concentrate on training regularly.

"With a fresh body comes a fresh spirit, Diogenes."

11.2, City of Natan

After spending a day or so in the plains right after leading Diogenes back, Ark comes back to the City, diverting any questions of Diogenes to other subjects. He goes to inspect the grounds and asks Diogenes to use these grounds to help the Zygon that believe in him to hone their powers.

"Remember to tell them that their powers are passed down to their children, and strong parents and grandparents will give them strength as well."

He smiles at Diogenes. He was proud of his son. Immensely proud.

He looks really tasty this one... Don't start me, you're fed. Hehehe but HIM... HMMM, one of a kind.

"Diogenes. Make me proud."

And with those words, Akam demanifested himself to the god realm, leaving only a few particles of light behind him.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-27 at 08:19 AM.
    A Revenant

21. - Top - End - #171

OOC: other things to be added, right now, tired.

The Zygon 12.0 Turn 12 update

With a good amount done already and the heavy advancements of both water and earth, many red and white eyes began to feel left out or insufficient compared to the others; thus many had started to work on techniques to help them further control the two elements. Between the several cities of Zygon working on bettering their skill with wind and fire, they quickly started to develop better methods which quickly put them on par with the others when word spread of their increased skills.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 12.2
    Kelkik walked once more in the lands of the Zygon, but without particular purpose in mind. Instead, he was content to wander a bit...

Up till turn 12.4(Or, rather, the point he would have to leave to get back to the inner plane at 12.4), Kelkik moves around the settlements of the Zygon, just... spending time with them. He does some light teaching, more name-dropping than otherwise, and teaching the occasional curious group about how to knock away an assailant's blows, but really he's here to learn about how they're all getting along, what with the gods and all. He never stays more than two days in one place, more eager to keep moving than otherwise.

However, as it hikes, it keeps itself engaged by making... symbols. Using rocks and its claws, it carves It's snowflake symbol, either on the item, or by carving it into a snowflake. It gives these items to any Zygon who will shelter him for a night, a reminder to them, and him, that there's a god who owes them a favor...
    Last edited by Altairius; 2008-06-29 at 09:38 PM.
    Thanks to El_Frenchie for the nifty sig!

23. - Top - End - #173

Ark, turn 12.7, City of Natan

Ades comes forth in the cloth of morphing, the tallest his avatar can be. He goes to the training grounds and watches the Zygon working there with a benevolent eye. He occasionally participates, organising competitions of sorts. By bringing the appropriate combustive elements, he encourages the Zygon there to combust the green matter the quickest possible. To the winner, he will honour him or her with a full moons and day of his presence and time during which they may ask him any questions they'd like and he'll answer to them.

Every three days while he is at the Zygon, the training switches out to a new element. After that, he asks the Zygon to create the highest spurt of water possible out of the basin. Every Zygon has three tries. The reward is the same, with hardly any changes, he also may cast level 1 Breeding miracles onto males of flocks belonging to the winner. ((And if it is an enterprising female, why not extra attention))

The competition for earth relies on creating a pillar that is roughly Zygon height, but be the strongest possible, the most durable. To test the strength, Ades asks one of the Zygon that are simply spectating to take up an axe and try to cleave it in the middle. If it cleaves the pillar in half, it is weak, if it leaves a big gash, it is fairly weak. If it leaves only a tiny dent, it is quite strong. Ades also pays attention to the Zygon wielding the axe, choosing a stronger Zygon if it seems that the quality of the Earth is really improving, and wielding it himself if none can dent the pillar.

Finally, the competition for air relies on strength and stability. A bundle of light dried herbs and long grass is made, and the Zygon are to create air currents to make it float. Making it lift off the ground should be no problem, but Ades asks for stability. The longer it can stay up in the air, the better, and as usual, the winner wins some of his time.
    A Revenant