New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelis: Convert the Zygon

Kranolk: Turn 4.3

Kranolk is glad to finally reach the Zygon, as they seem the most competent hunters of all of the races. He lowers his eyes and smiles when the lead Zygon nods. "IN that case, I will see you soon." He turns and lopes away from the group, and continues about his business.

Later, when he leaves the festival of the Sume, he decides to take her up on her offer. Making sure that he has his spear, his knives, and his cloak, he returns to the group. Entering the village, he seeks out the blue-eyed leader again and kneels before her. "I'm back, and I have much to teach you, about the parts of animals, and camoflauge, and different ways of hunting. But first, I want to learn about moving the elements, and how I can use them to hunt, because I know very little, and I cannot teach you if I don't recognie that you can teach me."
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tumine Barok, Turn 4.12

Tumine spends a fair amount of time watching the various Zygon before she decides where to materialize. When she does, it is at the outskirts of a group with a large number of Zygon that she has seen manipulating water, apparently with their minds. She stands about 2.5 meters tall, and walks slowly towards them.

Hello. My name is Tumine Barok. I am an Immortal, or a Goddess, call me what you wish. I see that many of you have an affinity for water. I, too, have a close link with it: I am its very embodiment.

At this point, Tumine grasps the Pebble of Precipitation, and it begins to rain (on her).

I wish to teach you and help you develop your powers, if you will learn.
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-06-02 at 10:52 PM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

[Krixal 4.3]

Wary of his last reception, Krixal manifests away from a group of Zygon, and walks up to them.

Greetings Mortals! I am Krixal God of Fire! And I have come to teach you, and to learn from you.
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek, Turn 4.2-4.55

Tek appears not far from one of the wealthy tribes (wealth judged by the size of tribe and its herd). He is 8 feet high and wears Mask of Benevolence.

He approaches Zygon without fear or menace.

“Greetings. I am Tek. I am Trader of Ideas. I learn from you, then I teach you something in return.”
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2008-06-03 at 01:54 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

OOC: Alright, while this will, with very little doubt in my mind, screw me over later but it needs to be done. I’m going to say that at the end of turn four (and every turn after) any wrap ups that are posted after it will not affect numbers for gaining followers, teachings, actions that result in number changes(immortal or mortal being killed being of the primary kind) and any other things that will affect actual numbers of the game. Fluff is acceptable, but true blue actions will be negated; there will be some leeway for wrap ups posted shortly after turn ending, forums can be damagingly slow and some things happen.

The Zygon 3.2 Ark

Spoiler
    Show
    RP fluff is pending

The Zygon 3.4 Ark

The Zygon are fairly amazed when the creature altered the Esum’s pregnancy, most listen very intently to his explanations and seems mostly well received; though there are some who are still skeptical of the unusual creature. As they travel together it seems that those who are skeptical of the unusual creature are skeptical because they have heard rumors and stories of other creatures like him; main portion of skepticism being if the creature is the one the other Zygon talked about. However, these skeptics are not many and most are curious to learn the creature’s thoughts about how to strengthen their herd, and many such things. Vanka proves to be a fair curious Canidae, though oddly much more easily distracted then Huna was; while the creature was able sustain her attention for long periods of time, she would occasionally spot something that she’d hesitantly go to investigate.

The Zygon 3.7 Awlruts

While the creature’s description was fitting in her mind, the Zygon didn’t seem real sure of what to make of the unusual creature and her claims. While many asked questions, it seemed to be she was talking to mixed crowd; some seemed interested while others seemed uninterested in her concepts and explanations. Oddly, quite a few Zygon who came within her mystical aura seemed to become mildly agitated, and several became extremely agitated and would demand her to leave almost threateningly. Inevitably she would stumble across the information that Zygon are monogamous by nature. She could learn quite a bit from them; just she’d have to be careful since many would not find her presence welcome.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: That’s mostly alright, just I can’t really award you anything in any direction mostly because it is very difficult not to walk into a metaphorical landmine with them. So, I’ll let you get away with learn things from them and bag of mixed feelings.

The Zygon 3.2 Forneus

The lead Zygon looks at him as he points out that he couldn’t do it for everyone. “We move water. Luk move water. I move water. We move water.” The red eyed leader states gesturing to the brown eyed one near him when he states Luk and gestures to all the Zygon present when he says they move water for the final time. “We know.” States the red eyed one when the smoky creature states that using fire can be useful for other things, though the brown eyed one glares the smoky creature when he states that earth is just a toy. “We hunt, not fire, earth.” States the brown eyes defiantly the red eyes motions him back as Luk’s anger seems to spike. “You show better.” States the red eyes to the smoky creature almost like a dare.

There is mild interest in roasting food, but that doesn’t hold very well; and with the time he spends with them he sees that they already use warm water to help with birthing. Though when the smoky creature was showing them the weapons he had craft to try and spark interest, a stone axe flies past his face, coming scarily close before hitting a tree with unnerving power. “Earth, not air.” States the brown eyed Luk breathing hard as he moved past them to recover his weapon; while it was crude and unrefined; its blade had been buried deep into the trunk of the tree. The Zygon seem more interested in the axe then in what the smoky immortal was telling them.

[spoiler]OOC: Couple things; what exactly is an ‘air’ weapon, I assumed a bow and arrow or some such? And it would be good to note that weapons are not within your domains, thus you can’t teach them.[spoiler]

The Zygon 4.0 Turn 4 update

The Zygon have developed more skillful ways of dealing with there herds, some have even chose new animals to herd because of ease and they simply are better animals to have around. There have also been minor developments with Zygon learning a little from trial and error what is and isn’t a good idea with taking care of the pregnant and those giving birth. However, something that has spread fairly well has been the creation of stone axes; it is still unrefined by effective both when thrown by a Zygon and when used for chopping. Though, again with the advancement and creation of new ideas the Zygon are forced to evolve their language to cope with the influx of new ideas and concepts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I’m still freaking tired of talking like a four year old.

In recent times there has a strange change as a massive number of large beasts moved into the area; each adult easily towering over five meters (fifteen feet) tall, but their bulk makes them look short. While these creatures are herbivores, they are massive and somewhat territorial creatures; using their enormous tusks to bash or gore any who venture too close, or simply just crushing smaller creatures under their massive feet. These creatures have turned into a blight on many Zygon groups as they are forced to take different paths that they normally wouldn’t take, or avoid meeting up with another group of Zygon to avoid clashing with a family of these titans.

[b]The Zygon 4.12[\b] Tumine Barok

Many Zygon watch the creature as it approaches, several holding cruse, stone axes in one hand as they watch her. They listen to her speak, but even still many are weary of the creature, they had heard of others like it before, some good, some bad. “You make water, you move it?” Asks a bolder brown eyed Canidae male, most of the Zygon looked on with general surprise when it started to rain on the creature; though several skeptical looks made it obvious there were some who questioned.

The Zygon 4.2-4.55 Tek

Even though he approached calmly, there were many Zygon cowering away into their heard of shaggy beasts while others, most with axes in hand, moved to position themselves between the creature and their group. Several glances were each other when the bizarre creature spoke with such a happy tone. “What you want?” Asks a red eye Felidae female who was still rather hesitant to even ask the unusual creature. While many of the Zygon look unnerved by the creature all seemed prepared to fight.

The Zygon 4.3 Kranolk

When the unusual creature returns, it is obvious that the group had changed some; my of the Zygon had been their before were now gone while others were entirely new, however their female leader still remained. She was immediately happy to see that the creature had returned, it seemed to the dismay of several new members of the group she had resided in. “Good Kran-olk. We better now. Many better.” She tells him happily before starting to show him several of the things that had changed, two most notable to him would be the herd of Kiv that move with them and the stone axes. Kiv are dark haired creatures with a long snout that has a few tusks protruding from, each is about half the size of a Zygon. Though, she herself proceeds to instruct the unusual creature in the various elements, paying special attention to earth and even attempts to get him to etch a stone.

The Zygon 4.3 Krixal

As the frog like creature moves up, many of the Zygon readied their axes though not hostilely, but simply prepared for the creature. “What mort-als?” Asks a brown eyed Felidae male that had moved up towards the front, others seemed to be curious as to this as well. “What you want?” Demands a more dominant male red eyed Canidae, his eyes set on the creature, axe in hand.
    Zweans-attack (Z-winz-uh-tak) verb 1:An unprovoked attack on ones attention though the use of the MSN instant messenger by a Zweanslord, these attacks often affect multiple people at once.

I invented the hate ray, but it was smashed when the tested subject got angry and beat me with it.

This one time a harpy started singing and cleric was unconscious, so my wizard cast blindness/deafness on everyone in the party; then put the dwarf's gloves on and started groping the female paladin.

6. - Top - End - #66

Krixal 4.3

I want to teach and to learn!

He says, speaking to the Red-Eyed one, who appears to be the leader. Remembering the red-eyed Zygon who pretty much sent him packing the last time, he is wary (as well as forming some not-so-correct assumptions about eye color and leadership).

I am a god, an immortal, I want to show you the knowledge I have and to learn of your people in return.

I have seen that the Zygon are proficient will all of the elements, and for this reason you intrigue me. I am the embodiment of one of the elements, Fire, and I wish to see how you use fire, how you manipulate it. Also, there may be things I can teach you about it that you do not yet know.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, I mean bow (though blow darts and spears also go in the pile). And Forneus isn't trying to teach them (in the EP giving sort of way). He has a bow, he knows what a bow is so he can demonstrate a bow quite well without actually knowing how to make one out of sticks and tendons (not one that can perform as a weapon anyway).

Forneus

Forneus tries to listen through the Zygon arguments patiently (which doesn't work all that well).
    Yes, you all move water. That's great. You spend your time on trivial tasks rather than learning. Maybe this is why you can not understand the wisdom of the immortals.

OOC: I assume the axe was too fast (because if Forneus could react in any way he would use gust of wind or just slap it away).

Forneus shows no noticeable reaction to the axe flying through the air. Be careful with your toys, earth wilder. And it is a toy, because I know your air can blow that toy away.

Suddenly there's a loud "woosh" from the immortal's boots and Forneus flies away. As he does so, he points at the defiant Zygon and shouts: Today I came to tell. Next time I will come to show. Remember your challenge well because it will come to haunt you.

Turn 4.5

Forneus materializes almost in the exact place like he did before.
    OOC: using miracle (Clamor)

His voice echoes in the region: I am Forneus, master of the elements, keeper of fire and air. I am back to answer to the challenge. Will the one who challenged me be brave enough to come forth?

OOC: you may need to check the AP before replying to this one

Forneus waits for the Zygon (and hopefully the challenger) to arrive. Once that's done (even if the challenger does not come forth), he continues with his demonstration.

OOC: using items/abilities (in that order) - boots, fire cone, gust of wind, bow, Rod of the Liquid Earth

Forneus stands perfectly still not far from the Zygon, his shape much larger than theirs. Suddenly he charges in the opposite direction with speed unseen by the Zygon. With a loud "fwoosh" he is launched upward and forward over a rather large tree. As he passes over Forneus shoots a cone of white-hot fire, setting the branches aflame. While still in the air he points at the tree and a gust of wind sets the blazes even hotter. Forneus lands, twists around to face the tree while grabbing his bow at the same time. He shoots arrow after arrow at the flaming trunk with amazing speed and power, the arrow reappearing in his hand each time. In a matter of seconds the tree is reduced to flaming shreds and Forneus relaxes a bit. Finally he taps the rod strapped to his back. The earth underneath the tree becomes like water and slowly engulfs the smoldering remains.

If the display went more or less as planned, Forneus continues:
    I am Forneus, master of the elements, keeper of air and fire. I am the strongest creature on this land and I challenge any of you to repeat what I just did.

He puts his bow away, takes a deep breath and continues: But those displays are mere games. I challenge any of you that believe your element, especially your water or earth can harm me in any way to try their best. I challenge one or five, or ten of you at the same time. You are no match for Forneus. (Forneus indicates the number by holding up his fingers with one hand and pointing at a group size in the gathered onlookers with the other one).

8. - Top - End - #68

Kranolk: Turn 4.3

Kranolk tries very hard to learn all of the things that the Zygon have to teach him, but he has little aptitude. He doesn't really understand the need for herding the Kiv when they would be so easy to track down and kill. His biggest success with etchign the stone comes when the zygon are looking the other way and he scratches it with his finger. All in all, he is interested in learning, but rather slow at things that don't involve hunting.

After a time, he decides that he is done learning from them, and begins to preach to teach them himself. "Everything you have shown me is good, but it is useless unless you apply it to something. I can try to teach you how to use the elements in hunting."

He grabs the sides of his cloak and spreads it wide, showing them the interplay of colors. Then he says the command word and blends in with the dust of the plains around him. "The art of changing your color to blend in with your habitat is called camoflauge. I do it using my own power, but you can do it using earth. With your earth moving, you can soften the clay around you." He scrabbles on the ground to demonstrate the toughness of the underlying soil, "And spread it on your skin to make yourselves the tan of the dust. If you lie in wait like this, you will not be seen, and you can easily startle your prey."

He singles out the white-eyed Zygon in the crowd for his next lesson, speaking mostly to them, but also to the rest of the Zygon."The air can be used to blow away your scent, so you will not alert your prey that way." He holds his arms to the nearest white-eyed Zygon and lets them smell him. "They can smell their enemies when the wind is blowing past you, which most hunters cannot help. But you Zygon are not most hunters. You can change the wind to some extent, and if you make the air blow past you away from what you are hunting, they cannot smell you."

After he describes the uses of air, he pauses, and looks around at the group of Zygon, trying to judge how well they are receiving his teachings. After a moment, he takes a deep breath and continues, this time speaking mostly to the blue - and red-eyed Zygon. "Fire and water are the most dangerous elements to use in your hunting. All animals fear fire, and if will flee from it, which you can use to your own advantage if you do it wisely." He yanks a handful of the plains grass out of the dirt and rips it to show how dry it is. "This grass catches fire easily, and if you light a haf ring of fire around a herd of animals, they will run out of it, right into your waiting hunters. Be careful with it though, and have more hunters waiting to pour water on the fire when you are done with the hunt, or you could ignite a brushfire that will take the whole plain up in smoke. Fire is a potent tool, but a dangerous weapon, and be wary of any God who instructs you to use it without regard." He clasps the nearest red-eyed Zygon on the shoulder. "You are strong, my friend, but you must be careful, or you will cause more trouble than you can solve."
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek considers the Zygon. They seem to be more aggressive and organized then others he met. Tek uses Mask of Benevolence to sound sincere and confident:

“I want trade. I learn useful stuff from you. I teach useful things in return. My name is Tek. You are leader? You name is?”

10. - Top - End - #70

Tumine Barok, Turn 4.12

Not move water like you. Want teach you; want learn from you.

Tumine looks skyward and the rain ceases. What you called?

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

Awlruts, 4.6 The Zytan

A tornado of rose petals erupts from the plains picking up dust and pebbles as it grew in size and power, quickly it rose up, and up to a grand twelve feet in height, then suddenley the rose petals erupt outwards covering the surrounding area to reveal the large avatar of Awlruts, her face a mask of rage, her spear clenched in her huge hands so tightly as to snap any lesser spear but not this one.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 4.5

Sedha looked down upon her scrying pool. She had visited all of the sentients... except for this one band, out in the plains. Perhaps she ought to try appearing before them.

Seeing as the area they inhabited had little to no cover for her, she decided to wait until dusk before materializing.

----------

In an area somewhere off to the side of one of the creatures' camps, the shadows between the blades of grass rose up from the ground, and gathered into the shape of Sedha's avatar.

Gracefully, she walked across the field towards the camp. "Greetings. I am Sedha, the goddess of Darkness and Mercy. I do not wish to cause you any harm. I come to bring to you any aid I am capable of bringing."

13. - Top - End - #73

Ark 4.5

Vanka's Group

Ark continues traveling with the group of Zygon, deciding that, much like Huna's group, he should attempt to teach them all of the extent of his knowledge about pregnancies and birthing. He also teaches them of all of the other gods he knows about, and how ruthless some of them are in their ways. That they will destroy and kill in order to rule by fear. Others, like himself, have other ways to bring the races to believe in them. He will tell them that some might use war, others, elements, and they will try to impose their will on the Zygon.

"This is where freedom lies, Vanka. Between slavery and freedom, to be imposed, or to be left a choice."

He continues talking about pregnancies, mentioning in particular symptoms for imminent birthing and early pregnancies which seem impossible to detect. He also teaches them to stay as much as possible clear from the group of huge herbivores that they encounter together, and especially ones that have a family to protect.

"Much like you, animals have a sub-conscience that wills them to protect their children. They do not stop and think. You do. So stop and think before you cross their territory, or there is a strong chance you won't survive."

They will look for a bit of territory of an aggressive herbivore that prevents access to another Zygon group, Ark moves forward and extends his arms forward, muttering some words before releasing power from his finger tips in the form of strange light particles that slowly travel to the being and envelops it.

"Nest!"

Spoiler
    Show
    + Nesting ground, Minor

Ark then points at an area on the far edge of the animal's territory as an area particularly suitable for its future offspring, no different than the current one, but sufficiently away so that it doesn't block the road to the other Zygon anymore. The great lumbering herbivore moving towards it. Ark seems satisfied.

In the meantime, he will suggest to Vanka that finding stable places to live in will be more important from then on, for continuously moving will become dangerous.

Ark 4.6

Huna's Group

As he returns to Huna's group, he will inquire of their health, state of mind and overall well-being of the moment, particularly teaching Huna of new things of pregnancy and birthing, how long it takes, what it means when it takes longer or shorter, how to detect symptoms of pregnancy and when about to deliver. As usual, he spends quite a bit of time working with Huna, and with a smile, will ask her what she has accomplished in his name so far, keeping in mind he would never pressure her, and if nothing has been accomplished, or little, he will not press the issue further to pressurize her.

He will then look around the females of the group to see if any of them is about to give birth. He also looks whether there are any children. Afterwards, he will explain all about the gods he knows and their powers, and warn them, in the same way, of the gods, and to be wary when contacting them.

"And of the great huge herbivores... Ark knows how to deal with them. I will stay here with you to teach you once more Huna, and any that wishes to learn in your group. I will then go for a little while, I will send you Ark's newest creation. He is taller than me, as tall as one of those beasts you see. And he will be strong. Very strong. He will perhaps not be able to teach you as I did, but he will be able to protect you without fail."

Ark makes his avatar nod. "His name is Akam."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-03 at 09:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Mandak, 4.8

Mandak decides that it is now time to introduce himself to a third of the races. He does not have a Knowing of the ways of the Zygon, though, so he goes entirely against his nature, and leaves the meeting to chance. He materializes from the side of one of the rare large rocks on the plains, and walks towards the nearest group. "Greetings. I am Mandak, and I am of the Earth. I have heard of the Zygon from far away, and I wish to learn the ways of your people, and of the control you have over the Earth. Will you allow me to go with you?"

15. - Top - End - #75

Tumine Barok, turn 4.12-4.49

Spoiler
    Show
    Just posting this now so you have a general idea of all her intentions and so forth and so I don't bog down the post later, and because I'm not sure when the turn ends and I don't want to get caught up in a lot of post-turn insanity :)

Tumine will stay with the Zygon for as long as they will allow her to. She seeks first to learn about them, about what they are capable of. She realizes that most of them can actually manipulate several elements with some proficiency, and is impressed by this. She endeavors, if they will teach her, to learn from them how to move water the way they do, with a mere thought. It would be useful to be able to do that as they do, without tiring myself out the way my normal powers do, she thinks to herself.

Once she has gained their attention and assured them that she is not a threat, Tumine explains that she has more to teach than the ways of water. She also comes to teach them how to cultivate crops, so that they will never suffer for want of food. At this, she produces her Seed Pouch, pulls a seed from it, and causes the seed to burst forth with a tender tendril reaching skyward. This tiny sprout she then takes a moment to plant, and then water momentarily with her Pebble.

If the Zygon seem to take to the idea of agriculture, Tumine will spend much of her time here teaching them, first finding a good place with a fair amount of rich soil, and then teaching them about planting. If they experience a dry spell, Tumine will diligently water the plants with her pebble to keep them from drying out and dying while they are still young and fragile. She spends [something like two months] here, if the Zygon will have her, teaching them and learning, if possible, about how they manipulate water.

At the end of her stay,
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will role-play this and anything else I need to separately, once I know how her visit is going.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

The Zygon 4.12 Tumine Barok

Several of the Zygon listened to the unusual creature. “We Zygon. What you show?” Asks a blue eyed Felidae female, several of the Zygon seemed curious as to what this creature could possibly want to how them; though for every pair of curious eyes gazing there were another pair of skeptical ones.

4.12 – 4.49 Tumine Barok

While the creature isn’t directly disliked, many of the red eyed Zygon do not enjoy the presence of such a being. She is able to learn a good amount from of the Zygon, but unfortunately they don’t seem real enthused by the idea of crops and agriculture. While they do ingest fruits and vegetables sometimes, they are always more opt to either hunt or eat from the herd that moves with them. A few take note and listen, but it does not seem to go well with their habits and tastes.

The Zygon 4.2 Tek

The Zygon didn’t seem real conceived by the tone coming from the mask, but most were very weary of the creature that spoke. “I leader.” States a brown eyed male Canidae. “I Hos.” He continues, an axe clutched in one hand. “What you show? What you want Zygon show?” He asks somewhat diplomatically, though it wasn’t hard to see that he was one of the more skeptical ones of the group.

The Zygon 4.3 Krixal

The Zygon listened to his statements, though some seem skeptical. “You fire. What earth, air, and water?” Asks the red eyes still clutching his axe and watching the creature skeptically. “You know smoke one. Fire good, air good, water not good, earth not good?” The Canidae continued, there seemed to be a harsh curiosity in the eyes of the crowd that watch the frog like creature.

The Zygon 4.3 Kranolk

The blue eyed leader kept with him while he attempted to learn what they had, though she laughed when she caught him scratching the stone when the others looked away. “Kran-olk good. Earth hard.” She tells him showing him that she too had scratched at the stone she was working on too. Though many listen to him as he speaks about a great number of things, though the one that seemed to interest them the most was the cloak he had displayed for all to see. The Zygon seemed to already use the wind to keep their scent away from others, and the fire idea seemed to go well, they also seemed weary of the idea since they didn’t like risking a fire they couldn’t control.

The Zygon 4.5 Forneus

Spoiler
    Show
    I’m assuming you are visiting the same group, are using his wind wall and wind blast to avoid being hit.

Many watch his display, which other then the bow and flying seemed to be rather impressive to the Zygon, though several do not approve of his challenge; several red eyes attempt to harm him with a throw of their axes, not surpass his winds. However, a group of brown eyes move up; Luk hurled the stone axe up at him, but it didn’t falter in its path when it hit the wall, it rather swiveled mid-flight and moved with the wind. His wind blast also did little to the weapon as it hurtled, though even with his reaction time his movements weren’t quite enough to clear the weapon as it slammed into his shoulder. It’s blade was sharp, and cut into the smoky creature; just before it lost it’s momentum and fell away; they had hit him and even done a small amount of damage, but the group was pleased with themselves as they breathed heavily. “Earth, not air.” States Luk once more his breath heavy; Zygon had seemed impressed that none had been able to hit the smoky creature up until Luk hurled his weapon of choice.

The Zygon 4.5 Sedha

Some Zygon were surprised at the appearance of the shadowy creature, many of whom took aggressive and defensive stances; though after a few moments the surprise eased down and so did some of their aggression. “What you want?” Asked a red eyed Canidae female who was closest, they didn’t seem directly hostile just suspicious.

The Zygon 4.5 Ark, Vanka’s group

The Zygon listen to Ark’s explanations of more styles and information on birthing, and even more intently on the different immortals; some of whom they recognize from rumors and stories. After he was done describing them, several of the Zygon went on to describe a few stories of unusual creatures they had heard rumors of, especially of a being known as Smoke one. Though, Vanka listened to the others talk about the rumors that they had heard she attempted with extreme difficulty to keep her focus on the unique creature they traveled with.

When they came across the large herbivore and Ark explains their natural protectiveness of their young before he made them move away to another part of the land and out of the path that the Zygon took to meet the others. Many of the Zygon were impressed by the power that Ark showed in making the large herbivore move to the other part of the territory.

4.6 Ark Huna’s group

The Zygon seem to have been doing well in both body and mind, though many were concerned with the large herbivores that had moved into the area; while none had been lost to the creatures there had been several close calls. Huna was as always happy to see Ark again and listened intently to his advice and new information on pregnancies, she was almost amazed with his ability to come with new things she didn’t know before. Though, while she attempted to spread word of Ark to other groups and further those of her current group, she had not been very successful, many seemed to have difficulty believing him and his existence. There were a few Zygon that were pregnant but most seemed in the rather early stages, though there were also several new children in the group since last he visited. Though when Ark began talking about the other immortals, the same rumors and stories appeared; a few of this kind and that, but several sounded very close to the gods that he spoke of. The group was rather happy to hear of Ark leaving a creation with them to protect them from the large beasts that had invaded the area.

The Zygon 4.6 Awlruts The Zytan

Zygon: The Zygon of the group had been moving to go around the large herbivores, but several of their herd had taken to grazing in the long grass not far from the large beasts that towered so readily over them. “Move.” Several of the Zygon voiced as they pushed again their Esum trying to steer them away from the larger animals who were taking note of the Zygon and their herd. Both the Zygon and the herbivores took notice of the spontaneous appearance of rose petals and the creature that sprung from them; one of larger herbivores roared mildly at her, though it was almost a hiss, which immediately moved the Zygon into pushing against their herd harder.

Awlruts: Turning to these huge creatures who threatened the Zygon, Awlruts not taking her eyes of the beast in front of her shouted, "Hurry! I can't hold them back for long!" he voice hurried and very stressed, How the heck do I get myself into situations like this?, her head now turning around her environment she saw a tree, a sickly old tree that was either dead or dying. Jabbing her spear into the ground and then grabbing hold of the tree and breaking it off at the root with her foot she hefted it up and held it as a javelin, beginning a low rumbled chant aimed at the Titans. Her eyes searching the group, trying to pick out the ones who would attack.

Zygon: Several of the Zygon start working harder to move the herd, though many did not seemed opt to leave their tasty meals. From the back without warning one of the larger Titan creatures broke from the ranks and charged straight at the unusual creature that uprooted the tree shortly before. For an almost stumpy creature, it moved quickly and it’s mouth not opening until it was almost in biting distance, even with the unusual creature’s size, the Titan had a gapping maw of unparallel size.

Awlruts: Twisting the tree in her hand, the power of potential flowing out of her long tendrils of pure chaos arching away from her into the gnarled wood, its surface becoming smooth, the branches disappearing to form the tip of the spear just as the roots formed the counterbalance. Grasping the quickly forming long spear in both hands she planted the back end into the ground behind her, aiming the spear for the creatures head. Watching as the beast opened its maw she lowered the spear, digging her naked feet into the ground and a look of strain as she threw everything she had into piercing this thing, now aiming to skewer it through its own mouth!

Zygon: The moment the spear’s tip grazed the inside of the Titan’s mouth it’s powerful jaws slammed shut, large teeth crushing and cutting the wood weapon. It threw it’s enemas head from side to side for a moment as it attempted to kill the weapon that it’s maw had captured so viciously. The hard crunch and crack of the broken spear had gotten the attention of several of the Esum causing them to move away with provocation of the Zygon that they traveled with.

Awlruts: Grasping her opportunity as the beast flailed about in some wild panic, she planted one of her feet onto the creatures head grabbing its tusks as she did. Her arms, her whole body pushed to breaking point as she pulled, twisted and tore, ripped and mangled. Cracks formed along the base of the tusks, and finally giving them one final gut wrenching pull she torn them out. Wasting not one second, she let one tusk fall from her hand as her grasped the second in her hands and drove it through the creatures head.

Zygon: The large beast paused when the unusual creature leapt onto it’s head, but only an instant later did the creature began to throw it’s head up and down and side to side in a futile attempt to skewer the creature that agitated it so. Though, when it’s tusk finally did come loose it gave a whimper before the unusual creature jammed its tusk into it’s skull with enough force to break though its hard skeleton. It grunted for a second before collapsing to the ground in a heap, which was enough to startle the rest of the Esum allowing the Zygon to start ushering them away from the other large Titans.

Spoiler
    Show
    pending

The Zygon 4.8 Mandak

Many Zygon were weary of the approaching creature, they didn’t quite seem to know what to make of it; but this did not prevent several from positioning themselves between the creature and the group. The Zygon listened to what the creature said, but many seemed hesitant to agree, while others seemed rather against it. “What you?” Asked a brown eyed Felidae female after a moment; while the creature seemed to be non-threatening, many Zygon held axes while others were in a slightly defensive stance.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-06-04 at 03:57 PM.
    Zweans-attack (Z-winz-uh-tak) verb 1:An unprovoked attack on ones attention though the use of the MSN instant messenger by a Zweanslord, these attacks often affect multiple people at once.

I invented the hate ray, but it was smashed when the tested subject got angry and beat me with it.

This one time a harpy started singing and cleric was unconscious, so my wizard cast blindness/deafness on everyone in the party; then put the dwarf's gloves on and started groping the female paladin.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Spoiler
    Show
    Both the EP and boots are generally focused on high power output but have sucky recharge times (so even after a single shot the gust of wind might need a bit of recharge time). Forneus was actually planning to dodge as many weapons as he can and rely on his damage reduction, toughness, armor and fire resistance item to shrug off as much damage as he could and use whatever powers he had left (shooting at their feet and encasing them in earth being top choices) to intimidate the attackers (admittedly not a very thought out plan, but he is a chaotic god). Anyway, playing it out your way works fine so I guess we'll keep that version of events .

Forneus does his best to avoid and deflect as many attacks as he can. Just as he was really picking up speed, Luk's spear caught him off guard. The crude weapon sliced the smoky chain (which wasn't really visible) and cut in his shoulder, dealing more damage than Forneus had expecting. For a moment the smoky figure's eyes flared, but eventually he sighed and relaxed. Slightly irritated that the Zygon didn't try to incinerate him so he can try out his new fire protection item, Forneus replies. Good show, your earth is stronger than I thought. He makes a sign toward his shoulder. But is that the best way to use earth? Why not be smarter and try a trick instead? Forneus tapped the earth rod and a large (but not very deep) area around Luk became liquid-like, almost like a marsh.

OOC: the area is rather large (because the rod can liquify quite a bit of volume and Forneus didn't make the "trap" very deep, just enough for Luk to be caught waist-deep or so) and Forneus also doesn't care about catching other Zygon as long as he's pretty sure Luk has hardly any way to escape this trick.

While Luk was sinking (or trying to escape), Forneus continues: Your earth is strong - maybe it can kill a Zygon with one hit. But for me, it's just a scratch. Why do you use earth to attack, when you can use air and fire to attack, and maybe use earth for defense, or to make your enemies helpless like this? The Zygon are strong and proud and so far refused to learn more about the elements. This challenge was not to show my strength, as I am the strongest creature in this land. I wanted to see how strong the Zygon are and to show you that there is more you can do with your skills.

It is by now obvious that the Zygon aren't impressed with his bow and flying, which Forneus considers his most effective weapons. Fire is a good weapon, because even great beasts are afraid of fire. And there is more to fire weapons than the Zygon know. Air is a strong defense: you use it to blow away danger which is good, but flying is even better because it can help you catch any prey or run away from overwhelming danger. Earth is a strong weapon, but even better for defense. And water... water the Zygon need to live, so water is good too.

Forneus pauses for a moment, thinking about any way to skip involving the other elements in the future. For the time being, this seems hardly possible as the Zygon insist on their all-around mastery, so Forneus sees no way to propagate his agenda apart from trying to show the Zygon more air and fire powers, while saying good (or at least neutral) things about the other elements.

If Luk hasn't found a way out of the entrapment by now (alone or with help), Forneus helps him get out of the earthy trap.

A thought occurs: if the Zygon have no enemies, pushing the "stronger hunter/warrior" agenda would be very difficult and it might be the reason why his bow isn't appreciated much. After considering his next action, Forneus asks:
    The Zygon are strong and proud - do the Zygon have no enemies? No great beasts that hunt the Zygon and scare the young ones at night?

18. - Top - End - #78

Krixal 4.3

There are others, gods of Earth, Water, Air, I am sure that they will come to you eventually.

Smoke-one? Oh, that must be Forneus.

He says that water and earth are bad? They are not bad, they are just not fire and not air. I am the god of Fire, but I know that Air is needed for fire to burn, Earth is needed to hold fire, Water is needed to keep fire under controll. All are important.
    Last edited by lilomar; 2008-06-05 at 09:42 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Kranolk: Turn 4.3-4.4

Kranolk notices how much the Zygon seem to admire his cloak, and when he is done speaking, removes it, folds it, and hands it to the leader of the group. "Here, take this, as a gift from me to your people. It will help you in the hunt, and I can just make another." After this he, remains with the Zygon for a few days, travelling and hunting with them, teaching them anything he knows and learning more from them, making friends.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek briefly pauses to consider his situation.

“No trust between us. Bad for trade. I prove you can trust me.”

Tek takes off his mask revealing his plain face, mouth filled with sharp teeth (which he tries to avoid showing too much) and large purple eyes.

“This is my voice” – His speech instantly became completely emotionless and monotone. “Very important to me. I give it to you. You hold it, until I leave. If I do bad things, you keep it. I trust you return it to me. I give you my trust. You give your trust to me. We trade trust.”

If Hos accepts, Tek gives him his Mask of Benevolence.

“You show how you live, what you do. I don’t interfere. I learn. I show how I live, what I do. You learn if you wish. We trade ideas and knowledge.”

(OCC – Tek’s secondary domain is Domination. Should it give him additional insight, based only on this brief interaction, into the importance of eye brightness?)

21. - Top - End - #81

He spends the rest of the turn with the group, counseling the pregnant females and trying to determine if any are about to give birth. If not, he gives them a rough estimate of when they should expect their offspring to each of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using skill: Midwife 3.

As the talks take up, talking about the other gods, and specifically about the smoke, he warns the Zygon: "Be wary of it. It is air, but it isn't master of all your powers. As I said, you can talk to it, but remember what I said about choice. Begone if he attempts at imposing his will, no good will come of it." He smiles, then striding back, he asks the Zygon to stay a distance away, but to observe carefully.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength: 1
    Toughness: 3
    Celerity: 1
    Dexterity: 3
    Hardness: 1
    Monomorphism: 1
    Regeneration: 4

"I am about to show you another thing you can use your herd for, or some animals. It is called riding. It involves using those animals to carry you, or at the very least, for you, so you conserve your strength for guarding your children, hunting and using your elements. I am no expert at this skill, but I am swift, and animals of your herd shouldn't be a problem to master for Zygon are swift as well. I am too big for them, so I won't be able to make an example out of them. So... stay here, and don't approach whatever happens. This is dangerous, and if you try the same, you should do so only with the herd. The Tusks are too dangerous for now."

He seems to walk towards the aggressive "Tusk" herbivore once more, and with dextrous care, approaches it. He is demonstrating something new... and he knew it was dangerous. -Very- dangerous. And as he closes on the animal, judging the time ripe, Ark with quick swiftness leaps towards the animal, jumping high and reaching its back, climbing onto it and trying to use his balance and any grip possible to maintain himself there. The animal obviously suddenly under attack reacts violently. If the animal tired and he was still on his back, that would mean he had won... and not against just any creature. He hoped the lumbering behemoth would have trouble shaking something agile off its back. Perhaps Vanka would finally pay attention this time.

If any attempts at stopping him, he smiles to them and laughs it off.

"No herbivore is going to get rid of me."

4.6 to 4.7 Ark (Akam) Huna’s group

After Ark left Huna's group, the predicted protector arrives, striding to the group of Zygon and only slowing when he perceives them, approaching them in a gentler manner. Akam was similar to Ark in almost every point, but he was big. Much, much bigger. And he had hair, lots of dark black hair with a strong beard. He towered over them at around sixteen feet tall, and not only had Ark's endurance, but his muscles were also bulky and powerful, and if any listened to the avatar's heart, they would flinch back from the powerful vibration. He was a giant and he crouched down as Ark's tells him of Huna.

"Huna. Ark sends me. I am Akam. I come with you to protect you along your travels. Ark asks me to tell you that with my protection, you should try speaking to the other Zygon again, with my presence as support for your tales. I will clear the path of any of those dreaded herbivores with no violence if possible, but if danger comes, I will be your shield to you all." He announces to the group.

"For you are in Ark's favour."

Akam will stay with Huna from 4.6 to 4.7, accompanying her all this time to find other Zygon, protecting her and the group of any herbivores. (He will use the last two charges of level 1 miracles: Nesting Ground, and if more than 2 encounters with the herbivores occur, he will defend physically, wrestling the beast down.)
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-04 at 11:21 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Mandak, 4.8
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanis_Shivilrah View Post
    The Zygon 4.8 Mandak

Many Zygon were weary of the approaching creature, they didn’t quite seem to know what to make of it; but this did not prevent several from positioning themselves between the creature and the group. The Zygon listened to what the creature said, but many seemed hesitant to agree, while others seemed rather against it. “What you?” Asked a brown eyed Felidae female after a moment; while the creature seemed to be non-threatening, many Zygon held axes while others were in a slightly defensive stance.
    From what Mandak has heard about the Zygon, this reaction comes as no real surprise. "I am an Immortal, those who come to teach. I am a being of the Earth, the very ground we stand on. I can shape it, much as those of you with brown eyes do." Feeling a need for demonstration, he scoops up some dirt with his strong arm, and molds it into a crude but passable likeness of a Zygon. "I would teach you, but first, I must Know what you need to learn."
    [Expended one miracle]
    Last edited by SithLackey; 2008-06-04 at 02:19 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Tumine Barok, turn 4.12-4.49

If the Zygon do not immediately take to agriculture, Tumine accepts this and focuses instead on developing their manipulation of water. Agriculture will come with time (eventually, as she travels with them, she realizes that they are basically carvinores, which means she will have to teach agriculture alongside raising animals and so on... this is a much more difficult task, and so she puts it off until she knows more and can perhaps get assistance. Once she begins to understand how their manipulation works, she begins assisting them in making it better; more efficient, using less energy to do more.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha meets the creature's glowing red eyes with a completely calm expression. "I want nothing from any of you. All I wish to do is help you to the best of my ability. If any of your friends are hurt, perhaps I could help them get better."

25. - Top - End - #85

4.12 – 4.49 Tumine Barok

The Zygon don’t seem to take real well to agriculture; though when the unusual water creature starts giving advice about how to better manipulate water, many move to listen more carefully to what she has to say. Though while they have difficulty understanding what is meant with some of her explanations, they do inevitably figure it out, and their skill increases greatly.

The Zygon 4.2 Tek

Hos seems to debate this for a bit, him and the group seeming a touch disturbed by the creature when it removed its mask, though he accepts the mask for safe keeping while the creature visits. Several of the Zygon didn’t seem to like the idea, and voice their opinions. “This make good. It bad, this stay. This not make good.” The brown eyed leader voiced while holding the mask, quelling the arguments against the action; though many were weary of the creature as it moved around and spoke, mostly because they were a unnerved by his appearance.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: yeah, eye brightness would be spotable with that domain

The Zygon 4.3 Krixal

The Zygon seemed to ease a bit when the frog like creature voiced that all elementals are important, not just fire; but some still seem not too keen on the creature. “You talk you fire. Other Zygon talk Smoke one, Smoke one talk Smoke one better. What you talk?” Asks the red eyed Canidae male, he seemed more open but still skeptical.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I’ll let you have that you don’t hit a preverbal landmine and can stick around to talk for a bit, but since I’m late with this post, I also can’t grantee any followers or major benefit other then Krixal can learn more about them.

The Zygon 4.3 Kranolk

The Zygon find some of his information interesting and useful, and the blue eyed leader is overjoyed to have received such a gift. Though, in the time that he travels with the Zygon he is listened to and oddly took a little more of a liking to camouflage then several of his other teachings. As a parting gift, the blue eyed leader gives Kranolk the stone she had been etching as she was teaching him how to show earth.

The Zygon 4.5 Forneus

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: The hitting modification works fine, but the rod of liquid earth doesn’t do that; it disperses the earth everywhere, digging a hole, not making a sinking trap. Also, Luk threw an axe not a spear.

Luk was surprised by the earth moving under him and fell to bottom of the pit, though his colleagues managed to get clear before the earth moved out from under their feet; some barely. Luk only glared up at him a short while before starting to climb out of the pit, his hands finding grips that hadn’t been there until he easily cleared off the dirt; though he turned to look at the creature that had put him in the hole in the first place. “You smoke. Zygon not smoke. Zygon hunt with fire, earth move fire.” States the agitated brown eyes as he moves up to the smoky creature without hesitation and points straight at the bow. “What make that? Not earth, not fire, not water, not air.” Luk demands boldly, yet waits for no reply before walking away to grab his axe and then away from the smoky creature. When the smoky creature asks the red eyed Canidae male if they have any predators or enemies, he shakes his head. “Not bad thing. Zygon better.” States the red eyes plainly.

There are a few female Zygon that give birth while he is there to help, his skill being a great deal better then their current level of skill. Though they all watched as he approached the large herbivores, some were seemed quite unnerved by his movements towards them. A few voiced their concern about him approaching the large creatures since most of them were a somewhat taller then him and a great deal bigger, though these ones had settled on munching on some of the longer grass. Though the large female he mounts thrashes to get him off its back; though it’s not quite limber enough to do it, which is until it starts to roll over. However, Ark is more then able to get away quickly enough, though it does take a snap at him with its large maw before getting too far away; the entire ordeal had then entire group of Zygon watching, especially Vanka.

4.6 Ark, Huna’s group

Huna seemed glad to have this protector from Ark, and she is much more convincing when she talks to the other Zygon in their travel; though the Zygon had learned how to avoid running too hard against the large creatures that had come to their lands. Though, even still with Akam there to back up her claims some are suspicious and skeptical, unsure of the creature. However, many do seem more convinced about the stories and things she tells them about with the large creature there to confirm it with them.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I assigned the proper number of followers before the turn was over, so there isn’t a whole lot to worry about.

The Zygon 4.5 Sedha

The Zygon seemed a little skeptical of the shade’s claim. “Krek not good. You make Krek good?” Asks the red eyed one, given that she accepts to look, one of the young male blue eyed Felidae had gotten ill, now unconscious with a high fever.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Sorry, that’s about as close to a summary that’s going to happen now; go ahead with whatever medical treatment for the ill Zygon.

The Zygon 4.6 Awlruts

Zygon: The Titan’s weight is extraordinary, easily reaching over several tons without question; the tusks on the other hand are only a few hundred pounds and easily carriable for the unusual creature. Though, once she meets up with the group, they seemed to have recovered their herd of animals and are on the move once more; a few seeming upset that the animals put them that close to the creatures. “Oh, good. Titan?” Asks very inquisitive white eyed Felidae female, Feldi was already phoning over the ivory, even though she had no way of working it.

Awlruts: "Some parts," Awlruts said continuing to move with the group, noticing how she looked at the two ivory tusks held in her hands she could make the easy leap to fashion and style. "Yes. This part very nice." Her voice lasping into the same tone and style used by women everywhere when the gossip started, and with nothing better to do she might as well. "I see those etched stone in your hair, how did you make them? Can you do the same with this?" Finally making note of some of the smaller details of the Zygon, the details and the different patterns of coloration, although these may be comments for a different time. Remembering again the rumour of a smoke one she began to follow up on that, "I heard from some Zygon of a smoke God? Do you know anything more about it? What of any other Gods, have any of them talked to you?" he voice still in a gossip mode, she was thoughrly enjoying herself talking with her.

Zygon: Feldi looked up at the unusual creature when she comments how nice the tusks are, though she gave a happy nod when asked if she had made the stone charms herself; however she rubbed the ivory for a moment. “No, only earth. This not earth.” She stated after a few moments of rubbing them. “Other Zygon talk, not show. Ark, good. Others, not good, not bad. Others, bad. Smoke one not good.” States the red eyed Felidae male who accompanied Feldi, Karrs; it seemed had filled out some since their last encounter. “Smoke one talk; fire better, air better, earth not good, water not good.” States the brown eyed Vul, who seemed to have stuck around the other two and had also filled out.

Awlruts: "Only earth? Maybe-maybe I could try and show you how to work with this?" Her words cautious since she wasn't sure if she knew how, but she was willing to give it a try, and of trying things. Ark, the Immortal of Fertility and Lust, I think I can guess at his teaching. The fire one, I'm going to have to have words with him, find Ark, we'll both have words. "So if I remember right, you can use elements. You have white eyes, so you good with air, but not good with earth. Do you think you could try and teach me how to use the elements?"

Zygon: The three seemed fairly confused about the concept of shaping the tusks, though they just seemed to agree with mildly confused nods; though when she states that Feldi is good with air but not earth she nods in agreement. “I learn earth. Vul show earth, I learn.” She states happily, Vul on the other hand somewhat looks away seeming to not want to connect himself with the incident, but unable to deny it. “We show you all, you learn. Hard now, you learn not hard.” She states optimistically.

Awlruts: After walking for the day the Zygon finally make camp, interested in following up on her offer to try and etch into the ivory. "Vul, Feldie, Kars, if you want I would like to try carving the ivory together." Placing one piece of ivory down she then waits for them all to sit down around the ivory. "What I learned of how you make etched stones, is very similar to how to etch into non-earth. First take a rock, certain rocks are best, I'm not sure on that but I think flint is good. Now sharpening the stone to a point, not a long point like an axe. A small point like a spear. Unfortunately one of you will have to make a sharpened stone for me, I have not learned earth-power yet." With this and when everyone-including herself- has a pointed piece of rock she will begin carving out a pattern into the ivory in front of her, explaining how it works as best she can, she then encourages then to do the same, to practice this new craft.

Zygon: The three take a seat as she requested, Vul was the one who created the spike for her before handing it off; it was obviously strenuous for him to work the rock into the proper shape, he was not used to making manipulations in stone like that. Though all three watched with interest as she started to etch the ivory into a pattern, but when it came their turn they were having difficulties from the start. They had used their claws to chip stone on occasion, but they had never used anything to help them, though they slowly caught on to how to etch the tusks. Though, they improved over a few days, they still were not used to etching without their abilities; however, once it became their turn to teach the strange creature to manipulate the elements it became obvious the skill difference and the ease they had with the elements they could use.

Awlruts: Over the final days before she must leave she will try and continue to teach them about etching without their powers and how they may find sometime it can do it better, for example when they have strained their powers too much. She will also introduce them to the idea of the Hoplite and how if they ever encounter the Titans of the Plains, the phalanx would work as a deterrent, although she introduces the ideas in their original concept, an apis made of wood, ect. She makes small changes to the materials to suit the Zygon and their strange set of skills.

The Zygon 4.8 Mandak

The Zygon seem moderately impressed with his skill at molding dirt; though many still are unnerved by his appearance. “We show.” States the brown eyed female after a moment. They show him their skill with earth and all the other elements, but many are somewhat unnerved by the creature’s appearance and do not seem to like being too near for too long.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty much the same deal here as with several others; you don’t hit any preverbal landmines, but you don’t gain any real benefit other then you learn some basics of their culture.

The Zygon 5.0 Turn 5 Update

While the Zygon’s vocabulary has had a steadily increased in recent times, there was an odd and abrupt spike in proficiency from many of the Zygon that coincided with an unusual increase in their ability to manipulate water. Though, due to this odd occurrence several new ideas were almost entirely washed over; camouflage being one the few to have survived the onset of information. The Zygon have also started creation of stone spears, though this too had not taken hold as strongly as it would have if other topics of conversation hadn’t taken precedence.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-06-06 at 01:07 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Krixal 4.3 - Wrap up

Forneus, 'Smoke One' as you call him, may say that he is the best, but he also says that air and fire are better than earth and water. He is truly the smoke one, he says things, but they are like smoke, they look like there is something there, but they don't mean anything, just air and ashes.

He blows a lot of hot air around, but I wouldn't believe everything he says. He wants to make you think that his elements are better, and he will lie to you to make you believe that.

Krixal stays around for a while, talking to the Zygon. Not trying to teach unless they ask for it, just spending time discussing the elements, Forneus, philosophy in general, trying to get a feel for them and find out how their minds work, hopefully being accepted by them eventually.

When it is time to go, he promises that he will return, and dissapears into a column of fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's alright if I don't get any followers or anything right now, I'm just happy to get my foot in the door after the last encounter.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 4 wrap-up

Forneus is more than mildly disappointed to learn that the Zygon don't seem to have predator trouble. And with the powers they possess, they obviously had no trouble hunting. It is good that you have no trouble with predators. But that should not stop you from mastering the elements further. Especially if you use the power already have in new ways.

Forneus ran out of constructive suggestions long ago, but that doesn't stop him: Smoke is the result when you combine all elements - burn the products of earth with fire, Forneus indicates the burnt tree, float through air and you can use water to make more smoke. You know smoke, but you're not using smoke much. Smoke may seem useless, but it can be useful too - you can send smoke signals to other Zygon much farther away than your shout can reach.
    If the Zygon are at all interested, Forneus explains how they can signal for food, trouble or send other messages with smoke signals.

Although he doesn't show it, Forneus is overjoyed when the Zygon finally ask about his weapon. I am immortal and I live up in the sky, farther than any living creature can fly. There I have the power to bring the elements together and make very strong weapons. This is not earth and not air, but it is made with the power of air. This weapon is useful to me even though my power over the elements is strong. The Zygon should consider making strong weapons to use, because I see that much use of the elements makes you tired. Against a strong beast it is of little use if you can scratch him but are too tired to fight afterward.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek decided to be slow and patient. It seems to be hard to gain Zygon’s trust, but that also means it would have greater value.

Tek stays on the fringes of tribe and doesn’t interact much waiting until Zygon get a little used to his appearance. He observes their lifestyle and when he is confident he wouldn’t cause any offense or make mistake, begins to perform some of the tasks as well (gathering food or bringing water, something relatively simple).

He makes a number of small schemes to gain some place in tribe

Spoiler
    Show

1. Carves simple images in stones or wood, to make them into gifts. He trades them for some small things or favors, if Zygon are willing to trade.
    2. Starts adding new words to the Zygon vocabulary. His focus is their elemental abilities – words to describe different types of fire or flow of water or display of earth control etc.
    3. Asks Zygon about the role of eye color and brightness. Then he asks what his eye color means (if Zygon realize the connection between eye color and character).
    4. Attempts to tell stories during rest time.
    5. thinks of games for young Zygon, where they test their strengths, physical or mental, against each other (but without direct fighting).

After some time passes he leaves, taking Mask of Benevolence with him.

(wrap-up)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 4.5

Sedha examines the sick Zygon. "This one is very sick. He needs much rest. It would be good if we could take him to a river, so he has cool water." Sedha finds a shady spot by a running water source, and tells the Zygon that he will get better if he is let to sleep there, keeping his head cool with the water, and letting him drink it whenever he can, and watches over him for as long as she can, on however long it takes him to get well again.

After the Zygon recovers, she thanks the Zygon for their time, and tell them that she will return to teach them. ((I don't remember if I told you this, but Sedha has 3 ranks in healing.))

(Sorry, very busy today.)

30. - Top - End - #90

The Zygon 4.2 Tek

The Zygon don’t seem to truly get used to his appearance, but they seem to not outright avoid him after a while. Though most still weary of it, they seem greatful for the help it provides at whatever minor tasks it helps with; but when he offers the etched stones and wood they seem to be rather confused by this choice of action, some don’t accept them what so over, others simply accept them awkwardly. Though they take to the new words it tries to teach them fairly quickly, only a few are lost on them as they learn them. When the unusual creature asks about their eye color and brightness it gets something of an odd explanation that inevitably covers the eye color, the creature’s eyes are used as an example briefly before they realize that they work differently. The stories and games go over much better, many are interested in the stories, a few even share theirs with the odd creature; though while the games are heard several of the Zygon don’t appear to like the odd being near their young. When the creature does leave Hos returns the mask to it’s rightful own.

The Zygon 4.3 Krixal

The Zygon don’t really ask the frog like creature for advice on anything while they continue about their lives. Though many are somewhat weary of the creature, they don’t actively avoid it after they start to get used to the creature. However after a while the Zygon seem to get used to the creature and include it in some conversations, though blue eyed Zygon seem more hesitant to include the frog like being. It becomes evident after some time that they associate eye color to the element they have an affinity for directly, often calling themselves and others by the element as sort of a type.

The Zygon 4.5 Forneus

The Zygon seemed to somewhat agree with the idea of furthering their talents beyond what they have at the moment, though they don’t seem to take to smoke signals for some reason. Though none of them seem real interested in his bow when he started into it was made of air, however several pointed out they had stone axes which were strong; but none really seemed to care about his boost about how he made it.

The Zygon 4.5 Sedha

There were normally not many places on the open plains where running water remained, but then that had been why the Zygon had chosen to stop there. It took a while and the Zygon seemed only remotely proficient in treating illness, more of trying to translate skills from another art into help the ill Felidae; though even at that they were unsuccessful. Eventually the Zygon’s fever goes down and he recovers, she is thanked by several of the Zygon, though a few others still remained weary of her.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: No, but it doesn’t matter, when it comes to immortals doing things that seem like they would require skills to do, I always check for them.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-06-06 at 01:35 AM.