New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelis: Convert the Karksh

Ardannis, Turn 5.05

Ardannis cannonballs into the water above the main Karksh colony as before, again with a happy shout of delight. What cheer, wise Karksh!

((assuming he is quickly apprehended of the situation, either by an Immortal or by the Karksh))

That...that is... Ardannis sputters to a stop, at a complete loss for words for the first time in his existence. That is awful, he finally manages, feeling that there must be a better word but unable to find one. I..have no wisdom to offer here, Karksh, and it seems you have had enough 'wisdom' from Others, so I will attempt to offer none. I had come with happy news, but it sticks in my mouth now.

There are other beings, different in many many ways from the Karksh, but with similar potential. They are not Others, and...it would be difficult to describe their nature to ones who have not seen them. I hope to bring some of them to meet the new colony, as it is near the edge of the water, and these beings live outside of the water. I think it will be some time before this idea become real, but I wanted to give you the news, in case any more of your people wish to travel to the new colony once they arrive.

With that said, he wishes the Karksh fortune in deciphering this problem, and swims *rapidly* ((Celerity = 4)), if awkwardly, to the new colony and gives them the same news in similar words.

((Iklekos and whatever other Immortal is there at this point may feel free to interact with Ardannis regarding the idea.))
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awlruts, 5.1 The Main Karksh Colony

Manifesting herself this time not in her tornado of rose petals but instead, she just started being their one moment. Allowing herself to be floated down, keeping her shield tightly strapped to her back to stop herself from drifting with the currents. When finally she reachs the Karksh she will begin, "Fwush? Fwush! Where are you my dear one?" calling out for Fwush, and awaiting his arrival, "Fwush! How are you, how is the shape changeing going?" she ask with sincere curiosity, after hearing his report she will ask him to gather those who want to try with her help again. When Fwush has gather enough she will begin, she will try and teach them through trial and error how to harden their skin, and create spikes with their body, "I need you to help me though. I need you to describe how changeing your body feels, what it is to be Karksh." thinking for a moment she knew this would be nigh impossible for a race that can't see her to describe their feelings, and how their body feels. Hitting upon the idea of how, compare her anatomy to theirs, sure it's different but it's the same aswell. "Perhaps if I told you more of how my body works. You have a skin, it stops anything you don't like entering your body, I have skin too I can't let what I want to eat pass through. I have only one way, through a mouth, and through my mouth to my stomach. My stomach disolves the food I eat, just like yours does." this may be a wordy explaination, but hopefully with a better understanding of her, she can gain a better understanding of them. She will continue untill she feels she has spent enough time amoungst the Karksh for now, she can't be late for a very important date.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-05 at 09:14 PM.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

3. - Top - End - #123

Tumine Barok, turn 5.1
    Main Colony

Tumine manifests, fifteen feet tall as usual, near the main Karksh settlement. She greets Tek (assuming he is still here), and asks how all the others are doing. Her first priority is to talk to the grieving Karksh and assure them that she is working on a way to get to the bottom of these matters.

When an unfamiliar figure appears above, Tumine swims quickly up to it.

Hello. My name is Tumine Barok, and based on your appearance, I can only assume that you are another Immortal, who I have not yet made acquaintances with. What is your name; what are you drawn to?
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

4. - Top - End - #124

Awlruts, 5.1

OOC: Well thats alot of my post down the tube. I take my hat off to you Sir Ninja. Also, I

Turning to look at the woman who swum before her Awlruts continued to float down but she tries to answer politly "I'm Awlruts. Now if you don't mind I need to find my dear Fwush." falling down even more enjoying the relaxation of doing nothing untill her work with the Karksh begins again.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-05 at 10:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125

Tumine Barok, turn 5.1
    Main Colony

Tumine swims around restlessly as Awlruts drifts down, not attempting to slow her progress, but asking, I take it you have visited the Karksh before. Do you know of the tragedy that befell them recently?

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126

Awlruts, 5.1

Tragerdy? Oh yes, that Karksh I ventilated, I have to keep my temper in check if he's going to be around, her mind was already set on the course of action, try and twist this fool to her cause. Keeping her relaxed look for a moment and then eyeing her, "Yes it was very tragic if I weren't there who knows what might've happened, now could you kindly explain why the frak you're circling me? Don't you have something better to do?" her voice making it clear of her annoyance, but she felt safe, above or below she could take anything down, or so it was her mind to think so. Even as they spoke she fell even further down, the Karksh colony coming much closer. Not much time now, a few moments and she could find Fwush and begin.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-05 at 10:31 PM. Reason: No! Brain you work for me! Not the other way round!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 5.1, The Karksh

Awlruts and Tumine

Fwush comes out of hiding as Awlruts calls for him.

"Oh Awlruts thank goodness you came back. I was so worried you had deserted us! The other Others said that you were the one who...oh..." He trails off as he hears Tumine's voice.

"Other Tumine! I, uh, hadn't been told you'd arrived. Look, I know that you suspect Awlruts, but you musn't! She wouldn't kill Fasha, she just wouldn't! She's been nicer to me than anyone has ever been. It had to have been Ikeklos! Tell her, Awlruts! Tell her you saw Ikeklos Disappear Fasha!"
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

8. - Top - End - #128

Awlruts, 5.1

OOC:Was that thunder? Doesn't matter, 'cause here comes the boom.

Turning as quickly as she could in the water her shield unbuckled with instictive ease and already placed between her and Tumine. "So that's your little game!" Her voice showing crystal clear sounds of anger, "Your spying on me? Maybe you should watch that Ikeklos! Unless you mean to kill me?" Her eyes fixed upon Tumine and her movements her spear and shield held in a defensive posistion. Fools, she thought, if they keep giving me such great stuff to work with what do they expect.

9. - Top - End - #129

Tumine Barok, turn 5.1
    Main Colony

Tumine does not stop circling her until Fwush gives away that Tumine suspects Awlruts, at which point she stops directly in front of her, sinking at the same pace.
    Look... Awlruts. I know you were there; you just said so. I know Iklekos was not there, because I was with him in the Outer Plane when the attack happened. The only possible conclusion I can come to is that you killed Fasha and are attempting to frame Iklekos for some reason. I won't have it.

Well, Awlruts, at least you're not too cowardly to admit it once someone calls you on your treachery. But if it's a fight you're looking for, you've found one you won't win.

If it comes to a fight, Tumine will use her far-superior maneuverability and the fact that Awlruts' spear and shield are completely useless underwater to dodge and pummel her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hoo boy. The calm didn't last long before the storm...

EDIT: NINJA'D!
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-06-05 at 11:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

Awlruts, 5.1
    OOC: Sorry for the rubbing, I can't help it, I need the humour.

"Your ruse is pathetic." She says lowering her weapon, scoffing at her. "I came here with good intentions, some lunatic attacks and kills Fasha, I beat him off before he can kill the other one." Smirking like a loon now she knew her secret was no secret to her she put her spear away and strapped her shield onto her back again, "I don't know what you think your plan is now. I'm going to try and help these Karksh learn to defend them and theirs, I am unarmed. If your master Ikeklos fears my teaching so much, then kill me! Show them what it means to oppose a creature that does not feel anything, but has is driven by his logic to his logical conclusion!" She spits this last sentence as her anger appears to come to a full remembering the words he spoke, the ice he was, and of course the words written in stone, turning to Fwush her calm returned. "Fwush, gather those who wish to learn to defend themselves, if Tumine doesn't kill me." and with this she will continue, ignoring Tumines presence.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-05 at 11:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

Tumine Barok, turn 5.1
    Main Colony

Well, Karksh, there you have it. She has admitted to Disappearing Fasha, though she's covered it up with the same old lies and deceit, and I don't know if you'll believe her. What to do with her now is your decision. I will drive her away from here and order her never to return if you desire it. If you would rather her stay, then I will stay also, and watch that she doesn't hurt any more of you. I promise, also, to give you a way to see us Immortals as soon as I can, so that you will not be helpless against her lies any more.

Tumine stays ready, awaiting their response, keeping herself between the Karksh and Awlruts. She put her spear away, but for Immortals, Tumine knows that that hardly makes her unarmed, especially compared to the fragile Karksh.

EDIT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edited her speech because I guess you didn't admit to the killing as much as I thought you did :)
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-06-06 at 12:00 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 5.1, The Karksh

Fwush challenges, somewhat like an early teenager in his manner, "Oh yeah? I didn't hear anything that sounded like 'I killed Fasha.' She said you were spying on her. I bet you and Ikeklos are buddies, and are trying to make everyone hate Awlruts. Well where's the proof, huh? Fip asked for proof, and now what, you're going to follow her around and twist her words? Well I won't let you! Awlruts is my friend."

He pauses for a bit.

"...Seeing like you all though would be nice, though. Please?" he says, hopefully.

Meanwhile some of the other Karksh have heard the commotion and have come to investigate. They don't say anything yet, only listening.

-The True Jerian Rumple

13. - Top - End - #133

Her grin threatening to remove her head Awlruts began to reign it in. With her grin strapped down now and her manner very calm she begin, "Thank you Fwush. I'm glad I have such a loyal friend by my side, I hope I can live up to your expectations.." Then begining to move towards Fwush she spoke again, "Now I do recall the promise to help you better defend yourself. As for her gift, I do not seek to control you, if you wish to have it, have it." Assuming Tumine has nothing left to say Awlruts will return to her plan, to try and learn of how they morph, explaing about her skin, and her stomach -seeing as those are the only two organs the Karksh seems to have in common with her- to try and help them explain. With their explanation she will try and teach them to harden their skin, and create spikes with which to defend themselves.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-06 at 03:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek 5.1

Tek greets both Tumine and Awlruts as they come. He looks concerned, as they begin to argue with each other and observes to how Karksh react to it.

Tek continues his research into Karksh food gathering practices.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos

Likely, Ardannis will find Ikeklos in the middle of teaching something to a nearby cluster of Karksh;

...These Element-Movers seem to possess an ability to manipulate solid matter, gaseous matter, liquid matter, and exothermic reactions-
    -Exothermic means making things hotter, Mosp-
    the culmination of which is a fascination with the reaction of fire-
    Recall, Ippps, that fire is a reaction unique to life above the water, as fire cannot survive in water, which generates heat and light-
    -yes, Mosp, light is that which most species, as well as deities, use to see both living and non-living things-
    -while consuming its fuel-
    -fuel, Shasht, is a term for matter that fire can use to generate heat and light, but which is consumed in the process. Yes, I know it's a rather cyclical definition.
    The Element-Movers also have a degree of control over Endothermic reactions, but they seem restricted to snuffing fires with it at this point."

Ikeklos then noticed the presence of a new Deity... one that Ikeklos was not completely familiar with. It was familiar, but Ikeklos was having a difficult time defining who it was.

"That will be all for now, Truth-Seekers.
    Greetings, Other. I am not entirely familiar with you. What truth do you bear for these Water-Bearers?"

Although Ikeklos' words are level, its actions indicate that it is guarded, waiting for treachery.
    Last edited by Altairius; 2008-06-06 at 09:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 5.8

Sedha appears before Fip in the Main Colony, clutching a tiny wavering orb of blackness, the Shadow Eye. She carefully maintained her distance from any of the Karksh at about twice the distance of the Eye's range of effect.

"Fip, I am Sedha. I have yet to think of a way to find proof of who murdered Fasha. I will continue to do this, as best I can. However, I feel that the safety of those who still live the pressing issue at hand. I bring to you a gift, like the Telekinetic Sphere that Tek gave you. This should let your kind see Un-Life, and with that, the Others. I should warn you, while it will not be harmful in any way, it may be very strange at first. If you still wish to try it, I will try to teach you how to use it."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 5.01 Onward, The Karksh

Tek

Spoiler
    Show
    You give me lists, I give you lists. I'd prefer a bit more RP, but I can do this too.

Tek is greeted lukewarmly in the colony, coming back so soon. First he is asked if he has found the proof they requested. Assuming he gives the negative, their tone grows even cooler. He annoys them a bit with his questions, but learns that Sedha is still rather respected, they still thank him for helping them learn language, there's a small but devoted anti-Ikeklos band who stand firmly behind Awlruts, and there are those who still hold Tumine in high regard for her attempts at helping them learn to make their own still-life. He is given the rest of the information he requested by a very tired-sounding Fip, although her telepathic voice seems a little garbled, almost static-y.

1. "We get food where we know food to be, Tek. It's not that hard. If we need more, we send out explorers to find more. It's fairly plentiful outside this not-life."

2. "Tek, you've seen us eat. You've been here enough. We eat the still-life. Not the fast-life, not the not-life. The still-life."

3. "Coordinate our... What are you talking about Tek? The colony doesn't move, and as for the ones that gather food, when food will be needed Karksh go to get it. Why would we coordinate?"

4. "Predators? Ah, the fast-life that Disappears us. Well, the not-life surrounding us helps us, since few predators will come down into it to attack us. There have been a few times, with grave losses, but they were few and far between. Outside the not-life, though, it's just the currents of luck. If an Arkshrash or Whishish or anything else spots us, we just have to hope we aren't worth their time. Mostly we stay still and hope they don't see us."

Ardannis

Ardannis is indeed informed by the Karksh, who then listen to what he has to say. They thank him for the information as he swims off. This sparks some interesting discussion among the Karksh, but more as an idle curiosity then serious thinking.

Edit: Sedja'd!

Sedha

Fip greets Sedha quietly, and her mental voice seems very weak. "Hello again, Sedha. Thank you for still seaching for the one who Disappeared Fasha, and for this gift. I wish I could be the one to accept it, but I feel my own Disappearance is near, and I would not wish for an old Karksh like me to be the first to see as the Others see. Thhshish, come here."

After a short time young Thhshish arrives. "Did she come back?"

Fip tells him, "Yes, Thhshish, Sedha came back. She's right here. And she has a gift for you."

Thhshish calls out a little loudly. "Sedha? You came back? I wanted you to. And you have a gift? What is it?"
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2008-06-06 at 02:22 PM.

-The True Jerian Rumple

18. - Top - End - #138

Tumine, turn 5.1
    Genesis Colony

Fwush, I will find you proof as soon as I can, or I will have someone else make you a way to see like we do.

She turns on Awlruts, now, sadness and vengeance in her eyes.

You have made a grave enemy by lying to these people, Awlruts. I now have no doubt that you were the one who killed Fasha. I'm not going to kill you; not until I have proof enough for these Karksh, anyway.

She turns her back on Awlruts, speaking again to the Karksh (even though they can't tell the difference anyway).

I am going now, to the Karksh who left, to see how they are doing and help them. I will find you proof. Tek and Awlruts are both here, and no others. Tek will tell you if any other Others show up. I'll not have any more of Awlruts' lies. I will return as soon as I can with the truth of this matter and drive that lying scum away from here if she is still hanging around.

Before she leaves, Tumine searches out Fip, and speaks just to her.

Fip, dear. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to bring you proof yet. I do promise to make sure that the Karksh have a way of telling the Immortals apart without having to rely on hearsay. I don't know how long it will be until I can return, but remember, if anything happens, call to me, and I will hear you, and I will come.

That goes for all of you, Tumine says to all the Karksh now (but not Awlruts). If you have need of me; if you are frightened, just call for me, and I will hear you, and I will come. If anyone attacks you or hurts you, I will come. Keep working on telling different not-life apart; I have an idea to help you with planting very soon. I will return, my Karksh. Learn and think for yourselves; wait for proof. It will come.

Turn 5.2
    Exodus Colony

When Tumine arrives at the Exodus Colony, she will relate to them everything that transpired, leaving nothing out, though she may phrase her words to make Awlruts sound even a little worse than she did.

She then assists Iklekos in his teaching, adding greatly to his stories of the Oque, and assisting with swimming as much as she can.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha sat still for several seconds, coming to terms with the fact that this being before her would most likely die before she saw him again. She didn't quite know know what to say. After several seconds, she gathers herself, and continues. She would be sure to get a chance to say goodbye.

"Thhshish, this gift will not show quite what the Others and other moving-life see. I do not have power over what they see, I hold power over what they can not see. However, by showing you what they cannot see, you can should have a better idea of what they can see."

She then floats down to Thhshish, and sets the Eye softly on his skin, where it sticks. (Although it is easily removed by scraping it against a rock.)

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 5.1 and 5.8, The Karksh

Tumine/Awlruts

After Tumine's speech there are a few Karksh who cheer, some who grumble, but most maintain silence. Once she is gone Fwush begins speaking to Awlruts again.

"Don't worry, Awlruts. She can't find proof of something you didn't do."

There's a few derisive comments from those Karksh who heard him, but they stick around as Awlruts tries to teach them how to shape their bodies. Fwush describes the sensation as, "It's like taking something deep inside you. Really inside, and then reaching out to your outside, grabbing, and then twisting, pushing, or pulling. It's hard to explain, and hard to do."

When she gets to helping harden their outer membrane Tumine's prospective farmers pay special attention, as it could help them dig through not-life. She teaches them which forms are unappealing for predators, and they try to learn it, but it's hard-going.

Sedha

Thhshish falls silent, then shivers for a bit. If Sedha is paying close attention, she'll notice a small portion of Thhshish lights up inside like the rest of the Karksh nervous system does.

He speaks. "It...it...it's so full! Everything! There's things everywhere! Is...is that not-life? I can see not-life? Oh wow..." He continues, wandering off a little and talking to himself.

Fip says to Sedha, "You have made him very happy, Sedha. Thank you. Tell me. You and the Others speak of other life in the not-water. Thinking life, like the Karksh. Do they know of us?"

-The True Jerian Rumple

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek, Turn 5.2

Tek answers to the Karksh: “Proof? There is no proof. You’ll never learn the truth of what happened. The Immortals are capable of making impossible things happen. Even if they give you material proof, it could be just a trick, to fool you. If they tell you they saw the muderer it could be just a lie.”

Tek sets out to explore the sea around the Karksh colony. He waits until nightfall and sets out to find one of the local predators – Arkshrash and Whishish.”

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha smiled inwardly as she watched Thhshish happily observing his surroundings. She would let him enjoy himself for a while before drawing him back to the matter at hand.

Sedha turned back at Fip.

"I would imagine that some of the life in the not-water has been made aware of the Karksh by the other Others. However, I can only guess on this matter, as I have been working to make sure they can survive and be happy in their current surroundings before encouraging them to expand to the rest of the world."

Once Fip has finished conversing with Sedha, and Thhshish has had a fair amount of time to enjoy having sight for a while, Sedha stands within the Eye's range of view, and will lead him back to the group if he has wandered too far.

"I can only imagine what being able to see not-life must be like for you. However, you must remember that this is a gift for all Karksh. I have heard that Karksh can show sounds to each other with their minds? Perhaps you can learn how to show what you can see now to the other Karksh as well. If you use this gift correctly, maybe it will help the Karksh see Others, and help stop Others from doing what they did to Fasha."

She will spend up to 5.95 to provide support to help guide the Karksh in transmitting these new images, and teaching Thhshish how to remove the eye by scraping it on a rock, and reattach it.
    Last edited by pseudovere; 2008-06-06 at 04:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 5.2, 5.8-5.95, The Karksh

Tek

This speech is not met well by the Karksh. "So we'll never know what happened to Fasha because you all, with your Otherly ways, can falsify things, but with all your powers you possess you can't think of a way to find actual evidence? I find that exceptionally hard to believe. Maybe none of you care, or none of you want us to know," says Grrg, an exceptionally hotheaded middle-aged Karksh.

When Tek swims off and outside the valley, he spends quite a while searching before his eyes finally land on what might be a Whishish, from the description given to him. It's about ten feet long (3 ish meters), has a canine head but the rest of the body resembles a seal. It takes one look at him and then returns to its meal as it languidly swims perpendicular to Tek and munches on what seems to be a slightly large fish.

Sedha

"And for that I thank you. However, soon it will not be necessary for me to survive and be happy. This was originally Fasha's idea, and I feel it's only right that I try to make sure it is carried out," says Fip. "What I ask of you is this. When I have Disappeared, I want you to take whatever's left, if there is anything, and take it to these other thinking lifes. And carry a message as well:

"Greetings, other thinkers. We are the Karksh, and we exist in the water. We have been told of your existence in the not-water, and wished to contact you. We wanted to let you know that we are here as well, and wish to learn of you. The one before you now has Disappeared, but is shown to you so that you may see what we look like, as we are told you see differently than we do, and can see not-life. We think that there are many ideas that could be shared between us, and wish to learn all we can. We will be waiting."

She finishes and waits. "I know it will probably require much work from you, Other Sedha, but please, it is what I wish, from one dying and one who has already Disappeared."

Sedha's present is passed among the Karksh, and causes a great deal of wonder. They also very vaguely start manifesting images in each other's minds, but only between those who have already seen with the Eye.
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2008-06-06 at 05:04 PM.

-The True Jerian Rumple

24. - Top - End - #144

Awlruts, 5.2

The work had gone slow but Awlruts was pleased with how well the Karksh were doing, even Tumines farmers were begining to paying attention now. All in all a very succsesfull trip. "I have to go now Fwush, but I will be back, but don't forget to keep trying.", she was trying to sound encoragin but she was worried, what if Ark didn't show up? What if Ark brought others with him, what if- before these thought spiraled out of control she forced them back down into the lump in her throat, "Fwush my dear one, you don't have to worry about Tumine, she would never dare hurt you or any of my dear ones." With her final words she began her to demanifest herself, soon she would be amoung the Zygon, soon she would be with Ark.

25. - Top - End - #145

Ardannis, Turn 5.05

Executing a careful front flip that ends in a bow, Ardannis replies. Greetings...Iklekos, wasn't it? I am Ardannis, the Laughing Wanderer. I have been teaching these mortals as best I can the means to travel more swiftly and safely, as well as of course trying to show them how to enjoy themselves, be a little happier. Those who do not wish to learn from me I respect and leave to themselves, but I may flatter myself that those who accept my instruction are happier and better off for it. I had already found that the Karksh have little to learn from me for now, but I do hope that in the future, when their dreams expand to beyond the water, my powers will hopefully have expanded enough to aid them in the most difficult of travels, leaving the water.

I had returned to tell them of other species, to gauge if they might be interested if I manage to convince a few members of another species to come visit them. I fear it may be too soon, as none of the species are so far advanced as to easily comprehend the idea of another species, but if any could grasp such an idea, it would be the Karksh, intelligent as they are.

And what of you? I know little of you, and would gladly hear how your no doubt impressive work with these beings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that was a lot, but with limited RP time, it seemed best to go in chunks.

His manner is friendly and unguarded, though it's apparent enough that he sees Iklekos' guardedness, but sees no need for any of his own.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos

Ikeklos relaxes its guard somewhat, but keeps a close eye on this Laugh-Traveler. It now knows the value of a Deity's word, but sees no reason to make unneeded enemies.

"Your timing does you well, Laugh-Traveler. These Water-Dwellers are the Truth-Seekers. They wish to know of the life outside of the Water, of the species beyond, of life amongst the land. I led them to this place, protected them, along with Water-Weaver, Shade-Bringer and Earth-Eater, and now teach them. I hope to bring them the knowledge they seek. And, if you truly bear the Truth you say you do, you are welcome here.
    I am trying to teach them of the other races, but my personal knowledge is limited: These are my Chosen, and I have spent my time in their service. If you possess more, I welcome your words, for they are curious of all things."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek remains some distance from the creature. He follows it, observing its hunting practices. He also waits for arrival of Karksh, when they would begin searching for food.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2008-06-06 at 11:51 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 5.8-5.95

Sedha responds to Fip, her voice cracking several times as she speaks. "I... I will not lie to you, this voyage is secondary, after the lives of the Karksh, and those of all the other thinkers, and I will not force anyone to go who does not want to. I am honored that... that you give me such trust. I will try, to the best of my ability to make sure that your... your wish is granted..."

Sedha looked around. "Fip, perhaps you should tell the Karksh all that you support this. I would not wish for them to think that I would ask against your will."

Back with Thhshish and the Eye, Sedha saw that only Karksh who have seen with the Eye can understand it's visions. "Thhshish, make sure that everybody gets to use the Eye. We want them all to understand the visions. Until we can find a better way, all of the newborn should use the Eye too."

29. - Top - End - #149

Ardannis, Turn 5.06

Laugh-Traveler, eh? Has a nice ring to it. Well, I've visited four of the five we've been able to see so far. I think it might be easier to get some of them to come here, as none of us yet have powers strong enough to make the Karksh able to walk on land, while another species might be able to float out here on a raft to see the Karksh. The Oque are the closest by my figuring, with the Niddog not much farther. If I had to guess, I'd say the Niddog are more likely to be interested than the Oque, who can be quite skittish until you gain their trust. It might be a one- or two-month trip, but no difficulty for the God of Travel. He smiles toothily. Now then, let's see what the Karksh want to know about other races.

Ardannis spends a day or two, no more, describing what he knows of other races, beginning with the Oque, then moving on to the Niddog and Sume. He skates over difficult parts mostly, such as the differences between telepathy, radio and verbal speech - in such instances, he will not obfuscate, knowing the Karksh's intelligence, but will admit that it is difficult to explain without experiencing. His style of teaching is quite different from Iklekos'; Ardannis speaks with more energy and color, sometimes giving details that Iklekos might find useless or trivial, and overall treating the lesson more like a story than a formal lecture. However, all the major points are there, and he readily turns to Iklekos for help clarifying whenever he has more than minor trouble explaining something.

[teach teach teach]...And so, with their differnet numbers of legs, the Oque, Niddog, and Sume are much more able than the Karksh to move around and manipulate their environment, though they are not nearly as intelligent. Because they travel so much more easily, they will likely visit the Karksh, rather than the other way around. He turns slightly toward Iklekos. That...should be all, I think. Unless you have questions? he asks the Karksh.
    Last edited by harmonictempest; 2008-06-07 at 12:14 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek, Turn 5.3

Tek contemplates his course of action in the silence of the ocean. He then changes his mind and returns to the Karksh colony.

He speaks to Grrg and others:

“You misunderstand me. We are capable of finding proof. But you are incapable of distinguishing proof from forgery. You don’t know how our powers work, so you wouldn’t know when we use them to tell truth and when to lie.

Tek then leaves for the outer plane. He has Immortals to find and plans to make.