New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Wizard Guy's Islands in the sky D&D 3.5

O.K. So first off, when your characters speak they of course need a color to help distinguish between them
    The_JJ gets blue
    Penril gets green
    pintsize gets red
    Glyphic gets brown

It was just another day on the road, the Airman's Inn just another stop in that great journey called life. As the day went on you each found this inn and checked in. After each leave your rooms and are going about your business you are each approached by a big stupid looking man in a uniform who said unto you " Th' Brain wants'a talk t' youse." So how do react to this person accosting you?

PS Sorry for taking longer than expected to get this done. I had some personal matters to deal with
    My excellent avatar courtesy of NEO|Phyte.
    TOAST.
    My Evil webcomic http://www.deathofbrian.com/
    ENIAC, the original series of tubes.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Wizard Guy's Islands in the sky D&D 3.5

Ree-Gnaw

Ree-Gnaw is leaving her room, after having just checked in and stowed a few.. less than subtle tools.

"What; Now? Can't it wait till I've lost my money at the gambling tables?"

Ree-Gnaw followed the brute to the 'Brain', sizing him up with iron-eyed gaze. Apparently she hadn't burnt up all of her bad luck for the day..
    Last edited by Glyphic; 2008-06-02 at 02:52 PM.
    Lyra Corvis- Avy done by Mechafox(Thanks!)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Kay-Valewyrd

Kay-Valewyrd looks at the stranger casually. It's been a long day. He strolls off towards a table, remarking over his shoulder,

"You can tell the 'Brain' that I'm sitting over here."

It really has been a very long day.
    Last edited by Pintsize; 2008-06-02 at 05:21 PM. Reason: typo
    I'm eating cake mix!!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Rafe

Rafe drums his fingers, trying to remember if he knew of anyone in the church named 'the Brain.'

Ok, I'll come.

He'd been sent out here to help after all.

5. - Top - End - #5

This part concerns The_JJ and Glyphic only. The rest of you guys can't look at it.
    Spoiler
    Show

The rather severe and imposing man sits at his desk eying Rafe and Ree-Gnaw for a few minutes and then nods to himself. "What do you think," He asks the previously unseen gnome siting in the corner. "Will they do? Mr.brain sir?"

The rather pleasant looking gnome (Probably a few years underage yet.) tilts his head to one side and says "yes they shall do perfectly."

As "The Brain" is introducing himself as the son of the owners of the famous Anzani Air Co, the rather thick looking man bursts in "Mr. Brain, Mr. Brain, vat wizard guy doesn' wanna come."

"Well all right then." The Brain says with a grin and a raised eyebrow. "lets deal with a wise guy, us. Adrian, my weapon please." Adrian, with a helpless look at Rafe and Ree-Gnaw, handed The Brain a rolled up and much battered newspaper. He strode out, calling casually over his shoulder "Well? Come on, you guys."

The Brain, trailing Rafe and Ree-Gnaw, enters the taproom of the Airman's Inn and walks up behind Kay-Valewyrd and says "You now, a lot of people would like my friendship and the benefits that stem from it, yet you don't, how foolish."
    TOAST.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Kay-Valewyrd, without turing around, says,

"So you're the 'Brain' eh? Why do you want to speak to me and by what means did you gain knowledge of my prescence here?"
    I'm eating cake mix!!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Rafe shrugs uncomfortably, and trys to back away from the 'Brain.' He was being a little to combative and Rafe felt no need to be associated with someone he had just met.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hayler

Casting a critical eye over the minion, Hayler tilts his head to one side and replies "Brain, eh? His residence lies not betwixt thy ears, I am sure. Where might this id reside?"

Knowledge (local) on the significance of The Brain - (1d20+6)[8]
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

9. - Top - End - #9

Rafe and Ree-Gnaw
    Spoiler
    Show

Seeing he has been very off putting "The Brain" says "Wait! please stay, at least for a minute so you can hear me out," Massaging his forehead he continues "this has been a trying time for me my parents are missing and presumed dead. They where in a prototype air ship that supposedly blew up in midair, but yet to me the type of explosion observed by the spotter ship just doesn't add up. I think the explosion was deliberate. I think the engineer running the engines could have created that explosion both so the spotter ship could not have seen them and so they would appear dead. if this was done they would have been able to coast to a nearby island an crash land upon which point they would be able to enact repairs and sell the ship to the highest bidder. This is the most powerful ship ever imagined, think of what would happen if Muguntia got there hands on it, they could make copies and bring every free island under there rule, or what if pirates got there hands on it?

Kay-Valewyrd
    Spoiler
    Show

The Brain says "Well I need a wizard, and a friend had seen you when you entered this establishment and he saw you carrying your spellbook and figured you to be a wizard. By your attitude you don't seem to inclined to help, so I can always take my troubles and my shiny pile of gold elsewhere if I am bothering you."

Penril a six on a Knowledge (local) check doesn't turn up much, but you could always ask a local.
    TOAST.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Kay-Valewyrd turns around and faces the Brain at last, saying,

"You wish to hire me? Why? And as for my attitude, I find it best to be wary when dealing with strangers who know too much."

While still uncertain about this mysterious stranger, Kay-Valewryd's intrest is piqued.
    Last edited by Pintsize; 2008-06-04 at 03:53 PM. Reason: typo
    I'm eating cake mix!!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Rafe shifts uncomfortably.

I'd love to help man but... well. I've got to clear it with the local Ambasador's Ambasador. I'm a new recruit, and don;t want to mess this up.

12. - Top - End - #12

Rafe
    Spoiler
    Show

The Brain nods his head "yup, makes sense. I wouldn't want to see you in trouble. Well, if you can't than please let me know so I can find someone else, and if you can come then meet me by the northern woods at dusk tonight, I'm bringing an airship."

Kay-Valewyrd
    Spoiler
    Show

The Brain says "Well the short version is my parents are missing and the most powerfull warship might be poised to fall into the hands of someone it shouldn't. If you want to help, meet me at the northern woods at dusk tonight. Well, good day." The Brain leaves muttering something about having a bunch of other stuff to take care of.
    TOAST.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Kay-Valewyrd returns to his room in a thoughtful mood. Maybe he should help the Brain. Anyway, a big pile of gold sounds appealing. Best get some sleep now. It's looking like a long night.
    I'm eating cake mix!!

14. - Top - End - #14

Ree-Gnaw

Ree-Gnaw scoffs at those who head off to make their well-to-dos and arrangements. This job sounds like it will work; and be much more fun than actual work.

"I'm in, Brain. Dusk tonight, yeah, yeah. Let me know if you need a hand, eh?"

With a shrug, she grabs a pile of coin and heads out for some entertainment. Won't be a need for gold in the wilderness.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm gambling away 19 gold. Let me know if I win. I don't care about the odds

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm gambling away 19 gold. Let me know if I win. I don't care about the odds
    Spoiler
    Show

I rolled some dice and you came out one GP ahead of how you started.
    TOAST.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Rafe heads over to his monastery and speaks to his superior. After describing what happened he sits back and stares at his hands. I know I'm too new and too... complicated in my loyalties to be sent to the front lines yet, but I want to help. I still don't know what if I can trust this 'Brain' but I don't like the sound of a superweapon on the lose. Suddenly his military mind kicks in. Permission to scout out the area sir? Ahem. Sorry. Look, if I feel I can't trust this man, or his machine, I'll do my best to keep this airship in the right hands, or if need be nobody's. I'll send it off the rim to join the Ambasador sir. But I can't very well do that here.

17. - Top - End - #17

Ree-Gnaw

Satisfied with an almost even return, Ree-gnaw retreats from the tables after an hour or two. The cards and bones had been kinder than usual. Perhaps The Lady wanted something in return..

Poking around the bar, she spends her 'earnings' on a pair of drinks- nothing too inebriating, but flavorful. with a sly bit of grace, she finds Hayler, sliding one mug toward him, "Hey there. I'm Ree, and I think we might be working together. Have time for a bit of chat?"
    Last edited by Glyphic; 2008-06-06 at 02:23 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Rafe
    Spoiler
    Show

Upon arriving at the church for this city you were directed to the office of a man called Canon Schneider. The Canon listened to what you had to say and than he said "Yes, I think you should go, The Brain's parents came to my service once in a while. From what I know of him he is very smart and a little unstable but mostly harmless."
    Last edited by Wizard Guy; 2008-06-06 at 11:14 AM.
    TOAST.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah we were told the same about the Omani's Freedom Army once too. Rafe laughs. Thanks Canon. It'll be good to get out of here.

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler
    Show

Hey Wizard, I'm still here. Don't know about everyone else. Do we have an out of character thread anywhere- or do we need one at all?

Seems like our wheels are stuck in the mud abit..

21. - Top - End - #21

Glyphic, We do not have an out of character thread as of this post, but as soon as I post this I shall go and make one.

We do indeed seem to have ground to a bit of a halt. I know Pintsize is always interested, but can't make posts when any of his family are in the room at the time. You know, I think a PbPer could teach a physicist a thing or to about the practical implications of relativistic time dilation.

EDIT: the Ooc thread is now complete, here it is
    Last edited by Wizard Guy; 2008-06-11 at 10:42 AM.
    TOAST.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Is it dusk yet? Becuse Kay-Valewyrd would like to cease meditation and prepare some spells.
    I'm eating cake mix!!