New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Lucky's Boys (E6, 3.5, D&D, IC)

The image on the stone rolls his eyes and vanishes, the halfling, now trying to hold back laughter says "I don't mean to cause any more problems for ya'll good folks, you've paid the 50...I'll bring you to the gates of the Swath when you are ready."

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Fraeya is now a little more wary of the halfling, perhaps finally on the level of his companions. Why is he laughing after that fiasco with the Mr. Soul Crusher? Suddenly, I have a bad feeling about this. He remains sitted at the seat, looking at his companions, wondering if anyone else has picked up on this strange reaction.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Grainsalt stares bluntly in the thin air before him.

He looks rather dissapointed.

Damn...
    - Click Me

Extremely awesomnic avatar by JasonDoomsblade

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dox rolls his eyes and says aloud, "lets just go with the halfling, we are just wasting time right now and the longer we wait the better the chance of other people getting word of our arrival..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Fighter/Paladin will just hack you to bits

A Wizard/Sorcerer will just blow you up with a spell

A Rogue/Ranger/Monk will just kill you in your sleep

A Cleric/Druid will just squash you after buffing himself

A Bard will slowly twist your ethics, corrupt your morals, and make you do vile acts just for the chance to face him. When you fight him, he will have your family and friends fighting for him. For he wields the deadliest weapon against you and that is, his word against yours.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Seeing that no one, not even the suspicious Dox picked up on that feeling he had, Fraeya tells himself I suppose it's just my imagination. "Alright, lead the way," he says to the halfling.
    Last edited by serow; 2008-06-13 at 09:31 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rasputin leads the party across the city. The undercity is always dark, but as the halfling leads them west, the undercity becomes darker, and darker, not truly dark, after all the everburning coldfire of the lamps will always light the undercity, but the feeling is dark. The very air feels evil. The halfling informs the party "Now, this party of the city was first thought of in layer one of the city. It was a place for the necromancers of the city to take corpses for their experiments. This turned out to be good, after all, there isn't really any place to bury the bodies. Back then it was called 'Necropolis' that is, till the accident. You see, the leader of the necromancer's school tried something beyond dangerous, he tried to become immortal. We all know the law of the city says you can't do that. But, wizards back then weren't really that smart about that kinda stuff. I doubt any wizard now days would try to become immortal. Not after what has happened in the swath. Ya'see his experiments went horridly wrong. And, now if a corpse hits the dark energy of the swath, it walks about. Here recently I heard that the swath has a kind of floating eye in it. Worrysome to the wizards. But that is just a rumor. he shrugs and points to a pair of dark and battered gates beyond them is a dark hall, two rotting corpses moan and patrol the gate "Tada! The swath!"

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

7. - Top - End - #37

Talm sighs. "I'm glad the halfling actually took us to the swath, but...

Aloud he asks sarcastically, "Ah, who doesn't love the stench of undeath in the morning?"
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Fraeya looks at Talm after he finishes his sentence, and then looks back at the gate and the corpses patrolling the dark and gloomy place. He lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and turns to face their halfling guide. "What was that about a floating eye?" And just slightly softer, "Is there any other way into this hell hole?"

Knowledge Religion for the walking corpses
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]
    1d20+6[/roll]

9. - Top - End - #39

"Another way around may take too long and would increase our chances of being detected,we will just have to take out those guards as quietly as possible... I suggest we plan first and state what is known to be known, known to be unknown so we can react to what is unknown to be unknown..."Paan motions everybody to huddle up

"here is what I know that is known."
    • I know that there is two guards who are currently zombies.
    • I know,from past experiences,that zombies are easy to trick.

"here is what I know that is unknown to me."
    • how quickly will the disposed guards become noticed.
    • how many more guards there are.
    • how strong those guards are.
    • what you guys are physically capable of.

"As my old master used to say about the six Ps..Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance, and from what that package said... we can not afford to preform piss poor..."

"Rasputin, you are free to sit out this fight however if you got a better idea or a safer route in please do tell."
    Last edited by quiet1mi; 2008-06-14 at 10:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A Bard will slowly twist your ethics, corrupt your morals, and make you do vile acts just for the chance to face him. When you fight him, he will have your family and friends fighting for him. For he wields the deadliest weapon against you and that is, his word against yours.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Grainsalt kneels motionless.
    Well, my good friend I can sneak behind them (though that's not a big accomplishment), I can steal their lungs without them noticing, or I can hack them into little zombie pieces. Which one would you prefer?
    The very sharp sarcasm can easily be noticed, but it seems to originate from uneasiness.
    - Click Me

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

"Am to be thinkink the hackink of the zombies into the small pieces beink a good idea, da?" A heavily foreign-accented voice rumbles behind the group. A massive Lizardfolk steps into the flickering light of the coldlamps, his tough and chipped green scales interspersed with sodden leather armor, a huge mace and shield over his back. His right eye socket appears to be brutally crushed into his skull, and his remaining yellow slit-pupiled eye glares down at the tiny halfling Rasputin. He jerks a claw-tipped thumb over his shoulder in the direction of the tavern. "Leetle man please to be with the rememberink of the peoples not havink the exact directions, da? Boshi lucky to be with the havink of the good underground directional mind."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Grainsalt opens his mouth, then closes it. Then opens it again...
    What...?
    He seems confused.
    How did Scaly followd us, without us noticing?
    - Click Me

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The halfling shrugs "If you've no farther use of me...i'll be on my way" he starts to walk off...whistling.

14. - Top - End - #44

Talm shrugs at Paan. "Well, points one and three are answered by: They're zombies. Unless someone's watching, they won't notice a thing and aren't too inhumanly powerful, other than the being dead thing. I'm rather, sneaky, as well, but not as good at it as Grainsalt seems to be. However, we do need to find out how many there are. That sounds like my job,"

The lizard man's sudden appearance takes him off-guard. Clearing his throat, he says "Well, hacking them up is fun as well..." rather faintly, before strengthening his voice and asking, "Wait. Why are you here, again?"

Talm also catches at the halflings arm as he begins to leave. "I think, friend, that we are not yet finished with your services. I see zombies, but I do not see a blazing sign that denotes this place as the Necromancer's Swath. I fear you may have to journey with us, so we can be sure that our money has been well spent," he says with a wink, while thinking "I don't trust someone who'd whistle this close to undead..."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

The hulking Lizardfolk steps further into the light, revealing himself as a massive, scaly brute with a steel shield strapped over his back and a heavy steel mace nestled behind it. Dingy brown leather armor covers his over 7-foot-tall green-scaled body, over which appear to be short brown breeches, an olive undershirt, and a long, black cloak with a deep hood.

The Lizardfolk's face is elongated and saurian, one small yellow eye squinting with a vaguely menacing air at the world around him. His right eye socket appears to be crushed into his skull. Sharp, cruel fangs are visible whenever he opens his mouth, and his tough-looking scales are chipped and broken in places, as though they were scars. Huge even by Lizardfolk standards, this reptilian thug towers over the rest of the group as he stares down at them from his remaining eye.

"Am her're bekoss of assignmentink of Boshi to Nekr'romans'es Swath by the Lucky-man." The Lizardfolk eyes the party suspiciously. "Am beink told of r'rest of gr'roup to be with the meetink place of the others for the doink of the job-mission. Lucky-man send out Boshi late, say to Boshi, ''please to be getting Boshi ass out ther're with r'rest of boys, or am to be havink Boshi's head as soop bool.' So, Boshi her're. Is you being the r'rest of boys Lucky-man say?"

((This is my first time trying to type a thick Russian accent. The whole r'r thing is supposed to be him rolling/trilling his R's the way Russians do. Bear with me, folks, and let me know if it's too hard to read.))

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah... ya, we're Lucky's fellas. You got the right guys," I think, Fraeya mentally adds to himself. "And Talm here -" motioning with a wave of his hand, "- was just saying that he wasn't too sure if this place is the actual Swath that we're looking for. Although those zombies do make it look very convincing." Fraeya pauses a moment to readjust his armour a little, before continuing, "So basically that's about it, I think. Hello by the way, I'm Fraeya."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Grainsalt jumps up quickly, conjures his hand crossbow from under his cloak and aims it at the halfling.
    Not so fast shorty...you have 10 seconds to convince me the whistling was only to show off your easy going nature and charms.
    His gaze burrow deep in the short creature's skull
    - Click Me

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The halfling squirms a bit "You've never heard whistle while you work?...I mean...come one..." he shrugs.

19. - Top - End - #49

Talm glares at him. "You. Are. Not. A. Dwarf. And: Tick tock, tick tock..."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bandededed View Post
    "You. Are. Not. A. Dwarf."
    Fraeya raises one eyebrow, just slightly. What? And then for just a moment, the affairs of the swath are forgotten as he tries to recall did he ever hear a dwarf whistle before.

21. - Top - End - #51

Paan sighs...

"guys, we have a job to do and if you treat everyone we meet like this, then our chances of getting another guide will be slim to none..."

Paan's thoughts..
    Spoiler
    Show
    could this guy be leading us into a trap? No, that is highly unlikely as the benefits of pocket change are outweighed by lucky"s and the Wizards wrath...hmm if there was going to be an ambush then it would of already happened while we were disorganized and separated in a line rather than us in a group... maybe there is some truth to Grainsalt suspicions,at least the one about us being in the wrong place...
    Last edited by quiet1mi; 2008-06-18 at 01:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Paan slowly tilts his head slightly while straining to hear anything that resembles an ambush...

listen - (d20+5)[25]
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Talm listens to Paan, and reluctantly pries his hand off of the halfling. "Tch, forget it. Does anyone mind if I scout ahead a bit, to see if there are any surprises waiting for us if we take out those guards?"
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

"Eh, you ok with going in there alone?" Fraeya asks, jerking towards the zombies.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Boshi taps his massive clawed feet impatiently, his talons clicking against the stone. He grumbles to himself, "Если мы получит скоро, уговорил как раз начать черепа независимо."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Fraeya ventures a guess. "You want to go with him too?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

For a very long minute Grainsalt stares at the halfling, then with a sigh he puts away his crossbow
    "We will see each other little man..."

Then with a smile he joins the group.
    "I'm pretty sure Lizzy said he's afraid of the walking corpses" - Grainsalt says in a jokingly manner, patting the lizard's shoulder
    "So, it means I will be going with you" - he looks around the group
    "In the meantime you rangers could cook up something good...I'm starving"

He looks back at the halfling
    "Maybe we could eat him, eh?" - he then starts laughing
    Last edited by mechanicalmarz; 2008-06-24 at 03:33 AM.
    - Click Me

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lizardfolk grins, revealing sharp, brutal teeth. It's not entirely clear whether he's joking or not. "Am hearink Halflink meet being tender'r unt joosy. Boshi always open to new types of sandweech."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael View Post
    "Am hearink Halflink meet being tender'r unt joosy. Boshi always open to new types of sandweech."
    Oh that's not good, not at all. Fraeya hurriedly tries to change the subject. "Eh, so, we were thinking about a plan to go into the place? Another entrance? Or just straight in here?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Grainsalt yawns. Hack them I say...
    - Click Me