New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: bigginers game

1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: bigginers game

Ohh that looks like it burns lad

Odin comments at Tau as he nocks another arrow aiming this time at the one with the net.

Spoiler
    Show
    to hit (1d20+7)[20]
    to damage (1d8)[4]
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #92

Tau Pei

Grunts in pain as he feels the familiar sting of acid hitting him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude Save: (1d20+5)[11]

3. - Top - End - #93

HalflingRogueGirl

Tau Pei's vission swims slightly, and his balance feels a little off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The spider's venomous spit causes Dexterity damage in addition to the corrosive acid upon failure against a fortitude of DC of 13. thus Tau Pei suffers (1d6)[3] points of Dex Damage. This will effect your Ac, Ranged attacks, and Reflex save mods, but your online sheets are equiped to handle this automaticly, if you enter you new, damaged score in the "Temporary Score" box. Ability damage heals at the rate of one point per 8 hours of rest.)

Spoiler
    Show
    next post atfer Tau Pei's combat action or when the mansion party takes another action

4. - Top - End - #94

Tau Pei

Feels light headed, stumbles for a moment. Poison... and acid... this isn't my day...

Once again fits an arrow to his bow, though with more difficulty than before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+2)[17]
    Damage Roll: (1d6)[3]

5. - Top - End - #95

HalflingRogueGirl

Tau Pei suddenly realizes the seriousness of the threat before them. Despite his impairment, he is suddenly focused on his enemies, and sends an arrow thuding firmly into his assailant's thorax. Odin also scores a solid hit, and now it is obvious that the spider is starting to weaken.

However, it draws resolve from the presense of it's mate, and together they begin to rain down the pain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack towards Odin (1d20+40)[23] hits for (1d4+1)[4] Fort save DC13.
    Attack to Syrus (1d20+4)[10] miss

Tau Pei also grits his teeth as the acid on his leg slowly neutralizes away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    acid is unique in that it persists for 1 round, dealing the same dice of damage as round 1. Tau Pei suffers (1d4+1)[3] acid damage as it fades away.

during combat, please include your current hit points, and armor class. These are a pain to look up and calculate every time. Thanks

Syrus
    Abondoning he wand in disgust, she draws up her bow, and moves to stand in the middle of the room. She draws out and ties an Alchemist's fire to one her arrows, preparing it to fire. This ought to give the buggers a shock....

6. - Top - End - #96

Tau Pei
    Current HP: 23
    Current AC: 16

Becomes slightly irritated at the spider's continued existence.

Get close, you vermin... I want you to taste my blade...

Though he says this, he notches another arrow, though still woozy from the poison.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+2)[19]
    Damage Roll: (1d6)[6]

7. - Top - End - #97

HalflingRogueGirl

Tau Pei's arrow whizzes through the air, as though giuded by fate itself, and thuds solidly into the head portion of the spider. It's mate shrieks with rage as it falls heavily to the floor. A swift look at the still frame of of the giant beast, confirms that if the arrow didn't kill, the fall sure did.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Derrick
    Yeah, why not make this our stronghold? We can try to gather followers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Derrick is a rouge with 16 charisma, and more if he can get a cloak of charisma. He can take the feat. Or should we all take the feat?

9. - Top - End - #99

OrcBarbarianGuy

HP 33
    AC 16

Ohh right now you pissed me off you eight legged worm. I'm gonna squish you like the bug you are. Odin proceeds to drop his bow, draw his club and charge up the stairs to the corner where the spider has holled itself up.

[spoiler]
    Fort save (1d20+6)[9]
    Balance check (1d20+2)[8] - 1 or two if i ge poisened
    To hit check if needed (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage if hit if needed (1d10+4)[11][spoiler]
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

10. - Top - End - #100

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Odin suffers (1d6)[2] dexterity damage. Secondary Acid damage comes through for (1d4+1)[3]The balance check for Odin fails by 3, reducing his move from 90 to 75 feet. Odin has now reached the same curl in the stairs as the spider. The web wall it created on the stairs is 10 feet up the stairs from Odin, indeding further progress.

Odin gets a woozy feeling, and slip-slides his way up the stairs, manageing an impressive rate despite the slickness. The spider notes his new found proximity, and clicks satisfactorily with itself. it seems confident that her barrier will hold him at bay, and continues to fires poisonous loogies at syrus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged touch at Syrus (1d20+4)[17] and inflicts (1d4+1)[5]acid and provokes a DC13 Fortitude save.

Syrus
    HP 19
    Ac 16
    Syrus cries out as the spider impacts her upper chest, causing a horrible burn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fort save (1d20+3)[18]

Gonna feel that one in the morning
    she regains her composure and sends her Chemical projectile singing towards the web wall
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged atk vs. web wall (ac 8) (1d20+6)[11]

The Fire quickly consumes the oil coated threads, providing Odin with a clear path for his impending assault.MAke it count tough guy

11. - Top - End - #101

OrcBarbarianGuy

HP 30
    AC 15

Thanks for clearing the way
    Odin bellows backwards as he continues his charge.
    Now taste the fury that is me Spider
    Odin takes a massive swing with his club.

Spoiler
    Show
    not sure if i needed a new balace check but just in case (1d20+1)[2]
    to hit (1d20+11)[17] -2 if I fail my balance check
    Damage (1d10+4)[12]

12. - Top - End - #102

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    yes, you do need a new balance check, and I am so sorry, dude, but you rolled a natural 1, which is a critical failure. For failing by more than 5, you fall prone in the square you were in. In addition, for a natural 1, you will need to make DC 10 Reflex save to aviod falling off the stairs to the floor 50 ft below you. Tau Pei's action will happen before this resolves, so I will wait for his post. Feel free to go ahead and roll.

13. - Top - End - #103

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save (1d20+2)[8]

14. - Top - End - #104

OrcBarbarianGuy

uhh O
    Are the only words that escape odins mouth as h slips on the surfae of the stairs and breaks through the railing and falls to the floor below hitting it with a loud grunt.

15. - Top - End - #105

HalflingRogueGirl

Syrus cries out she sees Odin fall though the rotted railing and land with a sickening crunch
    Spoiler
    Show
    Odin suffer (5d6)[20] falling damage.

The spider fires once again at syrus now exposed back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[18] hits for (1d4+1)[4]. Secondary acid from last round inflicts (1d4+1)[4]. Save vs poison DC13 (1d20+3)[9] inflicts (1d6)[4] Dex damage

and scores a hit, even as the acid on her chest still sizzles it's way through her leather armor. This time, however, a deadly chill swims though her head, making her dizzy and slow of limb. She picks up the wand she had dropped next to her, and whispers the activation words.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use MAgic check (1d20+9)[22] to cast 5th level Magic Missle delaing (3d4+3)[10] to the spider.

As she finishes speaking the bolts spring from her wand tip, and stirke home. Knocking the spider from it's perch. She pants for a moment, as tand winces painfully as the acid on her slowly neutralizes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d4+1)[5]

End of encounter. Odin and Tau Pei need to make one DC13 fort vs the poisons scondary damage, Syrus must make two such saves
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[5] (1d20+3) [19] and suffers (1d6)[4]
    more points of dexterity damage.

Party gains 535 exp each

16. - Top - End - #106

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I regret that the fight in tower seems to have eclipsed the adventure in the house, but you in house haven't actually done anything except to carefull inspect a door, and to fire an arrow blindly into a sack of meal at the bottom of the stairs. Don't be shy now.....

17. - Top - End - #107

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, internet's been hiccuping.. Would've posted sooner

Tau Pei

Odin! His face betrays a little concern for his comrade. He then feels the effects of the poison and tries to fight it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort save: (1d20+5)[8]

18. - Top - End - #108

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh my god you guys, you have just the most awful luck when it comes saving throws. Tau Pei fails his fortitude save, and suffer (1d6)[4] dexterity damage. And no worries about the delayed posting. This game is moving at an impressive pace, so a small slow-down is no big deal.

Syrus

syrus looks around for that cleric that was so quietly menacing earlier, but a brief glace at the tower threshold shows running footprints away from the tower. Syrus turns to Tau Pei and states "He's buggered off... she then turns to asses the partes condition. The burn on Tau Pei's leg appears not too bad, but the sweat still pulsing from his brow, as well as the heat and tint of the flesh near the wound, indicate a more sinister condition. Syrus has very bad chemical burns over her entire torso, so bad, that she must remove her armor untill she tends to them. Odin is not badly wounded by the spider's venom, but the fall appears to have disloacated his shoulder and badly briused or cracked several ribs, and broken a thumb.
    She helps him to a sitting position, and he utters no whimper or any indication of discomfort beyond some shallow breathing. That was quite the nasty tumble there mate... she comments as she draws a new wand from her wrist, and begins mumbling a keyword
    Spoiler
    Show
    Use Magic DC20 (1d20+9)[24] to cast cure light wounds. Odin heals (1d8+2)[5] points of damage.

Immediatly, the pain in his chest lessens, and his thumb mends. THat's going to have to tide you over for a bit lad. Can't spend it all on a tough guy like you. She then turns the wand on herself, and repeats the process.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[10] Critical Failure suffer (1d6)[2] damage from magical feedback. may not use item again today.

AHHH! syrus hollers and drops the wand as though scalded. Rubbing her wrist in a pained and rueful fashion, she comments Looks like I can't help anymore if I wanted to there lad. Right then, let's get to the top of this thing, and set the light on. I've already destryed the nest with that shot from earlier, and I doubt the spiders would have tolerated roomies, so I bet we're in the clear here. Then we can join the others, and get some strength and protection in our numbers.
    Last edited by Dragoon 6; 2008-06-23 at 11:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

OrcBarbarianGuy

Thanks for your concern but I got a couple of these.
    He hands syrus a small vial as he downs one himself. He proceeds to take the head of the pack and begins up the stares with confidance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort save (1d20+6)[7]
    potion of cure light wounds (1d8)[7]

20. - Top - End - #110

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Odin fails his save vs secondary damage and suffer (1d6)[3]
    more points of dex damage.

Much obliged. Gulp
    Spoiler
    Show
    Syrus recovers (1d8)[6] hit points

Those work fair to decent. thank you

21. - Top - End - #111

HalflingRogueGirl

Syrus

Syrus takes a closer look at Tau Pei. Whoa there mate. She says as Tau Pei nearly slices his hand off putting his sword away.
    I don't recon your going to do well in any kind of fight for a few days at the least. It is obvious that the douty fighter, while sound of mind, and mostly whole of flesh, has major equibrium issues. His dizzyness high, and he seems prone to bouts of vertigo.
    I really don't think climbing these stairs is very good idea for you. We wouldn't want you to fall when you neared to top now would we. She pulls out her pipe. I don't think your life is in danger form this poison, and this won't take long. Would you like a to wait and have a smoke to steady your nerves? or are you going to risk the stairs. I won't stop you, if you're determined. I myself am intending to take it somewhat slowly....

22. - Top - End - #112

Tau Pei

I'd rather not be a liability. I'll wait down here until things stop spinning. And as much as I appreciate the gesture, I don't smoke. Tries to clumsily sit down against a wall, nearly breaking his neck doing so. Pity the cleric couldn't stick around... oh well, I prefer to take care of my own self anyway... With much careful maneuvering, he attempts to drink from a small vial.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Moderate Wounds: (2d8)[15]

23. - Top - End - #113

OrcBarbarianGuy

OK Tau you stay here me and syrus will take care of the baddie at the top
    Then he speaks to syrusCamon syrus I'm not feeling like trying to be a mattador right about now but I can react fast enough to wipe out any undead and all I need to do is smash them.
    He begins a slow march up te stairs careful not to slip.

24. - Top - End - #114

HalflingRogueGirl

Odin and Syrus make thier way up the stairs with care, and after about two minutes reach the pull down ladder at the top of the stairs. After pullign on the rope, the pair assend the ladder into the toorential rain and blustering wind.

WE SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL. IT WOULD NOT DO BE BLOWN OFF OF A 120 FT. TALL TOWER she shouts over the roar of the wind. putting her safety before her pride, she drops to her knees and begins crawling towards the door. once inside, she pulls out a new sunrod and strikes it, having left the old one on the floor of the tower, where a pool of water had extinguised it. C'MON! she waves at Odin to hurry.

25. - Top - End - #115

OrcBarbarianGuy

Odin grunts as he follows syrus taking the same precautions as her.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground

Morgainmonde

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm almost done with a workable map. Once I'm finished with the autocad part I'll save it as an image and send it to the DM.

Morg looks down the dark hallway in front of the team, and lifts his enchanted pick in order to get a better view with the light. He walks intrepidly forward.I wonder if there is a kitchen up ahead. Maybe something still stocked. I wonder how the other team is doing. They probably got sick of the boredom and had lunch at the top of the lighthouse. I should stay quiet so that I might be able to hear the little girl's in there screaming

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently (1d20+9)[20]
    Listen Check (1d20+8)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

HalflingRogueGirl

The pick's Illumination, reveals the stairs are made of wood, and desend steeply about 15. The floor glistens damply, but the wall around the stairs prevent the light fom penetrating the basements secrets. Morgan tiptoes toward the stiars, and pauses as the he too hears the metal-on-metal clanking enamating gently from the door to the left. perhaps that's the niose derrick has going on about. Without out warning, a loud crash and clatter sounds from the room, and loud bang shakes the dust from the door.

In the top of the tower
    With Odin Safely inside, Syrus closes the door, and shakes the excess water from herr frame. Lefting the alchemical torch high, she finds that the lighthouse room is merely a medium sized glass case surrounding an exceptionally large torch with a mirror on one side. A quick sniff and a glance confirm that there is enough fuel in the resivoir to last fro at two days. As she unshrugs her pack from the small of her back, she digs out her tinderbox and opens it find the contents have been thoughly ruined by the unending downpour. She stares and paws at the contents for a moment before mirthlessly asking Got a light?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground

Derrick
    It looks like there's someone who wants to come in. Steve, can you get up in front of the door?

29. - Top - End - #119

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I have sent Lycan a PM, but he has not responded. I am going to try and think of a way around this, but for now the most likely outcome is that Steve will die valiantly fighting whatever it that's about to attack the party in the entranceway. resolution in the morning

30. - Top - End - #120

HalflingRogueGirl

Steve
    AS he stares at the beating on the door, he suddenly realizes that he has no buisness being here, and beats a hasty, screaming retreat. You'll never eat MEEEEEeeeeeeeee...

Derick and Morgan spot that a fleshy looking object is starting to squeeze through the creases in the doorframe....
    [Derick and Morgan, please make a will save vs. fear DC 12]