New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Heresy (Light in the Void)

Drake blinked past the dazzling afterimages, trying to focus on the blurry scene in front of him. "Cuff him to something heavy, gag him, then knock him out, I say. That way, the Knuckles or whoever can't assume that he was letting down the side, and he can't warn them, eh wot? In any case, our objective is the xenotech and other forbidden items - so that's our priority."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Magnus

Magnus steps toward the man. "Before we do anything..." He looks at the man, "The way down. Have you been down before? Is it safe, or trapped, like the front door?" He hunkers down to look in the man's eyes. "If anyone here is hurt because you didn't warn us... you will regret it. A little promise from me to you."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Would the excision of his tongue, that he cannot communicate our presence to his heretical masters, and thus not render himself up to punishment either corporeally by appearing treacherous to his employers, or spiritually, by committing sins against the Emperor and his work? A little pain never hurt anyone, after all, and I believe that I could reattach it when we are done.

Spoiler
    Show
    IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE, THERE ARE ONLY HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

The man's eyes continued to dart nervously around the room. He appeared to take a moment to digest the threats, then spoke in a quavering voice.

"I- I told you, I don't know anything. It leads to main gang area, where all the bosses hang. I'm not respected enough to go down there yet, Fel was sayin' this job'd put me on the fast track, get me noticed."

As he finished speaking, you are all startled as the rear door bangs open again. Standing in the doorway is another ganger, hands empty. On closer look, he's standing very stiffly, and has a look in his eyes not unlike the one crouched in front of you.

The ganger in the room apparently does not notice this, and shouts "Fel!", then surges to his feet and tries to tackle Drake.

((I need initiative checks from everyone. Drake, he's attempting to grapple you, I'll roll the check here, since I'm at work and don't have my dice.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple attack, testing WS (1d100)[25] against 28.

((Ok, he did it, so Drake you can make an agility check for your reaction this round to avoid him, or just go with it and try to out-grapple him.))
    Last edited by Prophaniti; 2008-06-30 at 07:59 PM.
    Spending most of my time on another forum.
    Awesome Daemonhost avatar by Fin.

5. - Top - End - #65

Drake growled at the ganger tried to tackle, and attempted to roll the young man over his hip. "Not on your life, you cheeky little bugger!"

Spoiler
    Show

Breaking the Grapple: (1d100)[33] vs. 36

Gritting his teeth around the sour taste of 'drenalin in his mouth, he struck out with the butt of his lasgun."So much for giving you a second try, runt. Someone shoot the bastard in the doorway. And let's go downstairs, sharpish!"

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d10+3)[11]
    Attack: (1d100)[31] vs. 37
    Damage: [roll]1d10+3[/roll]
    Last edited by Vikingkingq; 2008-07-02 at 02:24 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Aviva, hefting the sword above her head, pauses a second, and then, in a half-listened-to slice that she had been taught back at the Psykana School, draws it sharply down on the shoulder of the man grappling Drake.

Spoiler
    Show
    All-out attack action.

Initiative - (1d10+3)[6]
    Attack - (1d100)[33] vs 31 (base WS) + 20 (all out attack) + 20 (if I get a higher initiative than Drake, which is unlikely) = vs 51 (or 71 if I get an initiative roll of 12 or 13).

If I hit - (1d10+2)[8] rending damage.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2008-07-01 at 03:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Magnus

The albino whirls, hearing a newcomer, he charges the other gangmember with his staff at the ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d10+2)[8]
    Charge (WS 28+10): (1d100)[63]
    Hit Location (if I do): (1d100)[60]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[6]
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

8. - Top - End - #68

Drake tosses the ganger off with practiced ease, then smashes him with the butt of his rifle. He stumbles, and begins to fall again, even before Aviva slices into him. Crying out, he crumples, clutching at the wound.

((Drake, try the damage roll again either in OOC or the roller, I really need to know...))

Magnus swings at the ganger, who instinctively ducks, but then suddenly pitches forward, as a boot shoves him into the room. Standing now in the doorway is a man, dressed like you in obviously ill-fitting ganger clothing. He holds up a medalion with a modified Inquisitorial symbol, with two pillars on either side and a golden sunburst above. Apparently, Konthus sent him in after you, but explanations would have to wait. The ganger he kicked, more seasoned than the first, whips out a stub pistol while he tumbles, and comes up with it pointed back at the doorway.

((Need Solomon's actions, including his initiative.))

9. - Top - End - #69

Fii runs up to the ganger with the pistol, bringing her sword in an arc for his head.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d10+3)[5]
    Charging, To Hit: (1d100)[56] against 58 (+10 charging)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[11]

10. - Top - End - #70

Spoiler
    Show

Argh, that was quick.

Initiative: (1d10+4)[7]
    If he goes before anyone enters combat with the ganger, he'll pull out the shotgun and fire it off. Otherwise, he'll use his sword and join in the combat. I'll edit this post with a description after I see the rolls.

May as well roll the attacks:

Shotgun:
    (1d100)[7] I'm assuming point blank, so an extra hit for every two degrees of success, and under 75 to hit.

Damage:
    (1d10+4)[5]
    (1d10+4)[8]
    (1d10+4)[11]

Obviously take the first, then the second and so on.

EDIT: In fact, I can't get below 5, so I can shoot with impunity, no?

EDIT2: So, they all hit. That was nice. Again, only if he is within 3 metres.

Solomon

The newcomer drops the Inquisitorial symbol as the ganger comes up holding a pistol, pulling his shotgun round and firing a blast at the man point-blank. The gun fires with a satisfying crack, and jolts in his hands.
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-07-03 at 09:41 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Fii jerks to a stop as Solomon levels his shotgun. The blast slams into the ganger, shredding his chest and leg. He collapses, shock and blood loss immediately rendering him unconcious. The first ganger cowers in horror at the sight of his friend's blood, mewling and clutching at the wound from Aviva's sword. For a moment, nothing happens, everyone glancing around for any more signs of danger. Finally, Fii sheathes her sword and goes to check on the unconsious ganger, assessing his wounds with a practiced familiarity.

"He'll be dead in five minutes without a medicae. Probably best to just leave him, or give him mercy." She pulled out her knife and looked around, a question on her features. Not of whether it would be right, but simply asking if anyone thought they needed him alive.

12. - Top - End - #72

Drake straightened to attention out of force of habits, his nerves jangling. Within the last few minutes, he'd shot someone, been blinded with a grenade, tackled by some punk ganger, and nearly hit by the spray of a shotgun. He very badly wanted a drink to steady himself, but it wouldn't do to show his state, especially if his hands continued to shake. Somehow, Drake felt, he didn't think that Inquisitors cared much for Guardsman who cracked under pressure, and returning to his unit was unlikely to be an option.

"Nothing for it," he croaked, clearing his throat. His eyebrow began to flutter madly. "Make for the stairs down. Let's clear the objective before en-anything else goes wrong."

Slinging his lasgun over his shoulder, but keeping it close to hand, Guilliman made his way open to the trap-door concealed under a tatty carpet that had once been rather beautiful and heaved on the ring. "Talmas, you take point. Let's try to do this like Guards-like professionals, eh wot?"

Spoiler
    Show

Note: in OOC channel, Drake's clubbing did 6 wounds
    Strength Check: (1d100)[73] vs. 36

"Damnation," he snapped, hauling uselessly on the heavy plasteel ring. "Someone give me a hand!"
    Last edited by Vikingkingq; 2008-07-03 at 03:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Magnus

The tall gangling albino walks over to the ring and grasps it one handed. He pulls on the ring, the whipcord muscles standing out, stretching his skin... unsightly bulges showing beneath his robe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check: (1d100)[84] vs. 34.

Despite an amazing show of sheer physical strength for a supposed scholar he pauses, shaking his head. "Sure it's not locked?"
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-07-03 at 11:27 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

14. - Top - End - #74

Drake grunted again. "Oh for the love of the Throne," he said. "One, two, three!"

Spoiler
    Show

Strength Check (+10): (1d100)[73] vs. 46 (reasonable for two people tugging)

"Does it open inwards?" he wondered out loud.
    Last edited by Vikingkingq; 2008-07-04 at 12:50 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Solomon

Reloading his shotgun and staring at the wounded man squirming and bleeding on the floor, Solomon absentmindedly adresses the group.

"My name's Cutter. Late arrival." He glances at everyone. "Got my briefing on a data-slate, so if someone could tell me the plan, that'd be just great. Names'd be nice, too. I know of a, ah..." He rubs the left side of his neck with one hand "a Fii, that's it."

Odd bunch, for sure. Not going to go undercover, by any means, especially with the big boy in white over there and that girl. I guess we've all got a reason to be here, though - and I've seen worse.

He turns to the least-injured of the gangers on the floor, motioning from him to the other with his gun barrel.

"You know him, son?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Aviva, turns round, having admired her handiwork on the unconscious ganger, turns round, smiles warmly at Solomon, and draws and levels her laspistol at his head.

Please do not take this personally, or as an impingment upon your person, but may we have a little more confirmation of your friendliness? I hope you see that, while impressive, an Inquisitorial seal is merely a sign of vested power - but the power which we represent? Who knows? If you can confirm to us that you know what our mission is, I would be more than likely to drop this weapon, and replace it with a handshake.

Without turning, she calls out to Fii.

I might be able to administer a little medical attention to the injured one, if you just hold on a little.

17. - Top - End - #77

Solomon

Cutter raises both his hands, though he keeps the shotgun grasped in one of them, and slides the Inquisitorial symbol across the ground with his foot. It skids over the floor and stops about halfway towards Aviva, though closer to her than to him. He nods towards it. "Should be the same as yours. Target's Thard Gordus, who's messing about with things he shouldn't be. Things that ain't... human. Right now, we've got to find out where those things are - and him too. That enough for you?
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-07-06 at 08:52 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Magnus

Magnus shrugs... something that makes his whole body convulse in an unpleasant way. "Sounds like the same situation as ours..."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Continuing to smile, Aviva holsters her weapon, picks up the seal, and hands it back to Solomon.
    Very sorry about that; one can never know who is trustworthy, who is a potential risk. As you can see,

She gestures to the two gangers.

we've had rather a lot of the latter recently. I am Aviva Deschan, and was brought along on this assignment, to, I presume, lend general support. It is good to have another with us, Mr Cutter. Anyway, about this bleeding corpse-to-be ...

She then turns and walks over to the unconscious ganger, muttering to herself, and looking around for improvised medical equipment. Finding nothing, she tears off a strip of cloth from his clothes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Invocation roll, unknowingly - (1d100)[91] vs. 60 (WP 50 + 10 for focus).

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

She then proceeds to bind up the man's wounds. It is a strange thing that she does not look at her hands while doing this; an unearthly glow surrounds them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the psychic power 'healer', (1d10+5)[9] vs. 7, which heals (1d5)[2] damage if successful.

EDIT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm imagining that this isn't enough to wake him, would I be right, Prophaniti?
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2008-07-06 at 12:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

The ganger stirs fitfully under Aviva's ministrations, but does not rouse. The other, continuing to make pitiful noises and clutch at his wounds, looks around at Drake and Magnus trying to opent the hatch down and gives a pained, wheezing laugh.

"You can't open it like that." He says, laughing again and grimacing because of it, "There's a la-" As if just realizing what he said, he snaps his mouth shut, and looks apprehensively about the room.

((If you choose to question him further, and actually expect answers, I'll need an intimidate or interrogation check from somebody.))

22. - Top - End - #82

"A latch? A lever? What?" Drake looks over the vicinity of the trapdoor, looking for some mechanism to open the damn thing; his back was starting to ache. We need to keep moving, his brain screamed to him. We're sitting ducks if we cool our heels here. People will have heard the flash-bang.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness Check: (1d100)[26] vs. 30+10(assuming ordinary)

23. - Top - End - #83

Drake does notice a small protrusion on the trap door, barely visible. It flips up with some effort, revealing a small recess with a latch inside. Examining it, Drake sees that the latch must be pulled up, then the hatch opened at the same time, requiring two people. Likely the door is meant to open primarily from within.

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Prophaniti View Post
    Drake does notice a small protrusion on the trap door, barely visible. It flips up with some effort, revealing a small recess with a latch inside. Examining it, Drake sees that the latch must be pulled up, then the hatch opened at the same time, requiring two people. Likely the door is meant to open primarily from within.
    Guilliman sighs and claps the ball of his hand against his head to ward off stupidity. "Always something isn't it. Alright, I'll pull the latch, Magnus, you lift the hatch, and can the rest of you stop hanging around and cover the hole just in case the gangers underneath have heard us, eh wot?" he looked sarcastically at the crowd.

He waits for Magnus to lift the hatch and lifts the latch.

Spoiler
    Show

I don't think this would require a check, but if it does...
    Strength Check: (1d100)[48] vs. 36

25. - Top - End - #85

Solomon

Pointing his gun disinterestedly at the door, Cutter is more concerned with Aviva and the wounded ganger. He kneels on one knee and speaks to her, keeping his voice low, "Is there any point in saving him? Aren't we just going to have to kill them both anyway?" He maneuvres the gun round to aim at at the other fallen man, who still appears to be alert.

26. - Top - End - #86

"HEY! Mind on mission, will you? Blimey, we'd never let this kind of sloppiness in the Guards, I dare say!" Drake snapped.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Magnus

Magnus lifts the hatch on cue.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[20] vs. 34?
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

28. - Top - End - #88

Magnus lifts the hatch easily. Both he and Drake are immediately struck by the fact that it makes no noise whatsoever, whereas both doors into the warehouse had heavily rusted hinges, this trap door appears to be meticulously maintained. A ladder decends into the darkeness below, though as you look into the hole you notice a patch of light just beyond. The concious ganger looks at the open hatch with an expression of fear.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Magnus

Magnus turns to the concious ganger and steps forward, putting his finger over his mouth. "Shhhhh... now, if I send someone down there, and there's any sign of trouble, you go down the hole, hands tied and I slam the hatch shut... clear? Just nod if you understand."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

30. - Top - End - #90

Drake tries to secure the hatch as best he could, then rolled his lasgun off his shoulder and into his waiting hands, flicking the safety catch to off. Carefully, pointing his weapon into the hole, he sidled 'round the hatch to join the others. "Anyroad," he said quietly, "so who goes down first, eh? And don't say it's me, because it wouldn't be fair. At least let's draw straws, I say?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Are A Soporific and Ghal Marak still playing? They haven't posted in a while. In that case, who's in charge atm?