Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost (IC)

1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: The Lost (IC)

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyOfTheSith View Post
    Professor Benson walks into the room a few seconds after the clock ticks over to 6:30. "Gentlemen. And ladies, of course," he says as he enters.
    "'Of course' thought Kate, grumpily. "Been in this group for a year and I'm still an afterthought."

She nodded welcome back to the professor and sat up straighter in her chair. A new can of cola and a sharp pencil at the ready, Kate was ready to game.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyOfTheSith View Post
    "And that you've scheduled sufficient time to allow for this game to continue unhindered?" He gives each of you a thin smile.
    "Well, Doctor Benson, it depends on your definition of 'sufficient time'. In the short term, I'll need a break to stretch my legs in about three hours. In the medium term, I have an appointment at zero-eight-thirty tomorrow morning. In the long term, classes start again in 88 days. Within those parameters, I am at your mercy." Kate smiled back.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Bill

The nerd looks at Kate surprised, "You scheduled something for the morning after a game. Not me... I plan to sleep in!"
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Brandon

Grinning at Kate, Brandon addresses their DM. "Think we can run this game, until, I don't know, zero eight fifteen tomorrow morning before we break?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Kate

Kate chuckled darkly. "I didn't schedule it; the VA did. You take the appointments they offer, or you wait another six weeks. Enjoy your innocence, my child," she added, gesturing pontifically. "Soon enough the demons of bureaucracy will come for you. Form 1040 awaits..."

"Besides, she added in a more normal voice, "I said I had an appointment; I didn't say I had to be awake for it."
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-06-17 at 10:02 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Brandon

"The Veteran's Association? Hell, at that early you'll be lucky for them to be awake."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Annika

"I'm free until the last anime club meeting of the year. I have to be there because we're dipping into my Scrapped Princess collection," says Annika, stretching and then touching her trackpad to wake up her computer's display and pull up her character sheet. "Other than that I don't have anything time-dependent scheduled for the forseeable future, unless you include the fact that my brother will be annoyed if I don't happen to speak to him sometime during his birthday next week."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

The prof nods to each of the comments, acknowledging them although he doesn't respond to every one. "Fortunately, Douglas, there are advantages to being on the faculty. We have the room until seven in the morning. Sufficient time, I trust, for what I have planned tonight. Will that suffice for you, Kate? I'm pleased to see you all here on time for a change." He sets his briefcase down on the end of the table, snapping the clasps open with an audible *click*. The professor always does his gaming from within the confines of that briefcase, using it as DM screen and die rolling space, and who knows what else. "Sheets if you please," he asks, holding his hand out for the character sheets for final review.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Bill

Bill smiles, handing over his sheet to the professor. "Things should get started pretty quickly, since we're all made up and we don't have to worry about equipment."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-06-17 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Forum is being a b*tch!
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Kim, having nodded at the professor's question, hands over Antiope. "I would suggest, however, that we may want to order carry out food of some sort if we will be here for twelve hours. The cookies Hannah and Annika brought are lovely, but they do not have high nutritional value."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Annika

"I can print wirelessly to the nearest printer if you need a hard copy, but here," says Annika, pushing her laptop in Professor Benson's direction with Persis's character sheet open.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Hannah

"Oh, crap. I knew I forgot something." Hannah flips a little compartment open and uses the trackpad on her laptop. "Totally whiffed on printing it." There is a quiet whirring as the little inkjet that's built into her chair works away, and a piece of paper is pushed out where she can easily reach it. She offers it to Brandon with a small smile, hoping he'll hand it over for her.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Bill

Bill holds up his cellphone, "I have the number for PizzaGuy programmed in, a friend of mine is working there tonight so we can get the employee's 15% discount, and they deliver anywhere on campus in 12 minutes, or it's free!"
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-06-17 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Forum is being a b*tch!
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post
    Hannah

"Oh, crap. I knew I forgot something." Hannah flips a little compartment open and uses the trackpad on her laptop. "Totally whiffed on printing it." There is a quiet whirring as the little inkjet that's built into her chair works away, and a piece of paper is pushed out where she can easily reach it. She offers it to Brandon with a small smile, hoping he'll hand it over for her.
    Brandon

"Okay, I admit it. Part of the reason I was almost late was I was printing too." Grabbing a sheet out of his laptop bag, Brandon takes Hannah's as well. "Slave driver." he grins at her, before handing both over. "Just don't confuse our characters, Professor."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter

"Ummm.....wow. 7am? Are you serious? Geez - if we're going that late, then I'm DEFINITELY going to need in on that pizza ordering. One free sandwich can only last so long. And I'm going to need more caffeine. Specifically - more Coke. 1 more 20 oz if we're going past midnight. 2 more if we're going past 3 am. Also, please forgive if I fall asleep. It isn't a statement of my interest in the game, but a response to my 10 hours of sleep over the past 3 nights while I wrote that appellate brief.

Other than that - I'm good to go."

Peter holds out his character sheet. He pauses for a moment, glances at it one last time, and then hands it over again.
    Last edited by Loghren the Barbarian; 2008-06-17 at 05:55 PM.
    Avatar courtesy of The Stoney One
    WWTD? No, really. I'd like to know.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Bill

Bill reaches into his cooler and pulls out a Jolt Cola, a Red Bull, and a Starbuck's Double Expresso, and sets the three cans before Peter. "You must choose... but choose wisely!"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Kim reaches into her bag and pulls out her wallet. She slides a twenty dollar bill across the table to Bill. "As long as one of the pizzas that you order is a vegitarian, I do not care what else this money goes towards - as long as it is in the realm of food." Kim had just recently decided to try becoming a vegitarian, although she hasn't quite been able to give up fish yet.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Bill

Bill smiles and nods, "We have 20 gold pieces toward the party funds... anyone else wish to contribute and put their order in?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    Bill

Bill reaches into his cooler and pulls out a Jolt Cola, a Red Bull, and a Starbuck's Double Expresso, and sets the three cans before Peter. "You must choose... but choose wisely!"
    "Thanks, Bill, but I think I'll pass. I don't really drink . . . well, any of those. I'm kind of particular that way.

As far as pizza goes, as long as I can get a couple slices with no olives, no anchovies, and no pineapple - I'm not too picky."

Peter removes his wallet from his back pocket and sets it on the table next to him.
    Last edited by Loghren the Barbarian; 2008-06-17 at 05:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Bill

Bill snortlaughs, "You have chosen poorly..." He picks up Kim's twenty and waits to see if there are any other requests before calling it in.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen

When the prof entered the room, she suddenly leaned forward with anticipation. When he asks for her sheet, she hands over Gwenivere.

Here she is. I'm free to play all night long.

When the mention of getting a pizza comes out, she hands over a $10, Doesn't really matter what kind for me, just no fish on top. I have plenty of snacks for later as well. The large bag of candy is still on the tabletop.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Brandon

Brandon pulls out a ten as well. "Since everyone else is making pizza choices, how about my ten goes to caffeine? Order a few two liters."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Annika

"My vote is extra cheese and garlic on the pizza - or just extra cheese and an order of garlic bread on the side - but plain works for me too," says Annika, chipping in a twenty. "I think the vending machines can supply most soda needs. I'm going to need some hot water to make my tea" - she produces and dangles some teabags - "but the water cooler will do water heating too."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jason grins slightly along side the others as he hands over his character sheet. "Shouldn't be a problem for me. I'm pretty much on my own this summer, just hanging around for the machine shop really," he says, chuckling softly. He pulls out his wallet and tosses a twenty onto the table with the other money. "Unfortunately this leaves me broke til next week, but its for a good cause," he says. "And Raman is in fact tastey."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground

Douglas

Clearly, you guys have never ordered from Gorilla World Pizza. We're throwing way too much money around. If you order 4 or more large pizzas, they're $5 each. We've got 12 people. If we get 6 pizzas, that's a half-pizza per person, and that's $40, with tip. If everybody kicks in $5, we've got $20 for beverages.

Douglas takes out a pdf copy of his character sheet that he'd printed out, and passes it towards the professor.

Here's the copy I made for you. Typed everything out on it so that you wouldn't have to try to understand my scribbles and erasures.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter

Peter opens his wallet, grabs a $5, and slides it toward the collection of money. "Where's the fun in typing out your whole character sheet? It's not a character sheet if there aren't a ton of erasure marks in it. And, if you don't end up with a hole in the hit points box - then you're just not doing it right," he says, tongue in cheek.
    Last edited by Loghren the Barbarian; 2008-06-17 at 05:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Hannah

Hannah pulls up her bag and rummages through it again. Whatever she finds there, it makes her go a tiny bit pink around the ears. "I'll, uh, pass on the pizza." After stuffing the bag back down onto its hook, she flips the top on her water bottle and takes a drink, studiously avoiding looking at anyone. At least she hadn't forgotten to pack her keys, which has her student ID attached to the chain. Stupid. I know exactly where it is, too. And it has three $20s in it.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

The professor eyes the pile of money over the top of Annika's laptop as he scans the character. "It's something of a break in the traditional DM role, but how about I pay for the pizza and drinks tonight? Consider it compensation for what you're about to be put through." He passes the laptop back to Annika with an "Interesting choice of character."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter

Peter grabs his money and puts it back in his wallet.
    "Thanks, Professor. Far be it from me to turn down the chance for free . . . wait. What are you going to put us through?"
    Last edited by Loghren the Barbarian; 2008-06-17 at 05:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground

Douglas

Douglas smirks as the DM talks about what they are going to be put through.

We're only level 5, and with no gear. Whatcha gonna send us up against, the terrasque?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen

Gwen chuckles a little, It must be good if he's buying food for us. She withdraws her $10 from the pile and does her best to wait patiently while he reviews the sheets. All she wants is to start the game.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?