New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Tainted Flesh (IC)

Tosk

The two behemoths swing on each other at the same time, the axe biting deep into the chest of the undead massif, while the club lands directly upon Tosk's left temple with the sound of a melon falling from a great height.

Tosk staggers back, and drops to a knee. "Nice....shot....ohhhh, butterflies!" The ogre then plummets face first into the floor with a sickening thud, the axe clattering on the stone next to him.

Spoiler
    Show

Currently at -3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel by Jacklu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Frankly, we're a bunch of nerds here, and we like to argue.
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger
    Grishak, Blue Psion Nomad
    Otheym, Warforged Ashworm Dragoon

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Silver

Silver moves back towards Tosk, slashing his zombie again as he retreats. He settles into a slight crouch in front of the ogre, his shield once again readied in anticipation of blows to come. His eyes flick down briefly to look at the ogre and he utters a brief prayer. "May that the fires of the Silver Flame cleanse the wounds from your corpse."

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (d20+9)[26]
    Damage - (d8+6)[13]
    silver

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

The priest cursed again, and called up another surge of healing magic as the heavy ogre fell, stirring up a cloud of dust as he collapsed. He pressed his palm to the ogre again, and muttered the words of healing again, and the pulse of healing ran down his arm like an electric shock. The ogre's open gashes visibly stitched themselves back together as the healing magic coursed through him.

The zombie ogre meanwhile, stepped forward lazily, coming into range of the younger paladin, straddling his foe's fallen body like it was nothing, like just another feature of the battlefield.

Silver's blade slips in through the dense flesh of the zombie, the thing finally coming undone under a thousand slashes. It's muscles severed, the thing falls to the ground. No longer of use, the magic retreats from it, leaving naught but a cooling corpse in it's wake.

The other zombie is of yet so lucky as it's tortured half-life drags on, once more swinging it's blade at the old paladin, it's movements devoid of interest or passion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ilrecc
    Heal: (3d8+5)[7][3][7](22)

Ogre spends his turn moving over Tosk

Zombie1 died

Zombie2
    Attack: (1d20+3)[9](12)
    Damage: (2d6+4)[6][3](13)
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldan

The old man turns in alarm to the hulking undead. He darts behind Silver to cut if off and takes a distracting, backhanded swipe at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP 9: AC 24

Attack (-3 for Combat Expertise):(1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4]
    A post about nothing.

5. - Top - End - #395

Tosk

As the bits of undead zombie drop unceremoniously about him, Illrec slides in and brings his healing caress, filling the unconscious ogre with well-being and healing his crushed temple.

Tosk slowly gets to one knee, one hand grasping for his axe, while the other holds his head. "Oooooooooo......" comes the low moan, and he takes a moment, slowly working out the cobwebs and wincing his vision back through the mental fog.

Using his axe handle for support, he pushes back to his feet, slowly, unsteadily. "Lil' better, t'anks padre." The ogre turns slowly to see if any foes are still standing. He spies the former bugbear and, unsteadily at first, runs over to help his allies against this remaining threat.

Spoiler
    Show

Currently at 18 (bleed on my initiative to -4, healed up 22)
    I assume I am down at Illrec's initiative now actually, not that it is going to matter as I think the last bad guy may be done
    Post updated with action per Squish
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2009-03-19 at 01:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

6. - Top - End - #396

Silver

Silver stands firm as the zombie ogre advances on him, though the stench of rotting flesh is overpowering his sensitive nose and making him light-headed. He stabs at it indiscriminately, trying to land as many hits as he can to bring it down as quickly as possible.

Spoiler
    Show

[roll=Attack (-3 for PA)]d20+6[/roll]
    Damage - (d28+9)[19]

Shield Block against the ogre (+1 AC)

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by TRM; 2009-03-17 at 10:18 AM.
    silver

7. - Top - End - #397

The monstrous ogre raises it's club once again as the ardent paladin slices at his undead flesh in a flurry of blows. Massive gashes from Tosk's battleaxe are widened and muscles snipped. It's left arm goes limp as it tries to bring the club down again, only to have it's remaining limb fly off from the force, flying across the room, and leaving a trail of gore as it slides to a stop. The ogre seems no to notice, trying once again to attack, before it's leg falls apart, and it falls harshly. Still, it attempts to drag it's broken form to the attack, uncaring as to it's state. finally, it comes to a halt as the magic animating it finally realizes the usefulness of the monster is long-since gone.

As Tosk crosses to the only standing zombie, it brings it's heavy blade up to swing for the old man, only to find him not there. It staggers after him, stupidly, the sound of metal on stone grating through the room as it drags the tip of it's sword.

Ilrecc turns to the old paladin, and sighs as he summons another wave of positive energy, which courses through the man's old body, forcibly kicking his abused body back into shape. A twinge of pain rises from his legs as the wave of magic strikes them, and strangely, another twinge comes from his arms. Not enough to cancel out the healing, though.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldan

Aldan grits through the spasms in his limbs and whips around to meet the bugbear zombie. He pushes his shield out, as if to box in the undead, and off to the side to take a guarded cut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (-3 for Combat Expertise): (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9]
    A post about nothing.

9. - Top - End - #399

Tosk

"I don' tink so. Don' wurry, Gramps. I got dis one." The ogre brings his gleaming axe around twice, remembering to aim a bit this time however, making up for the unsteadiness he still feels.

"Ol' Slashy'll put dis ting to rest!"

Spoiler
    Show

Attack #1
    AoO - no power attack
    Greataxe (1d20+13)[14]
    Damage (3d6+13)[23]

Attack #2
    Attack - no power attack
    Greataxe (1d20+13)[14]
    Damage (3d6+13)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

10. - Top - End - #400

Silver

Silver winces as shards of Tosk's axe fly everywhere; one, which comes dangerously close, he deflects with his shield, but ignores the rest. He moves in on the bugbear zombie and lunges over Aldan's shoulder with his sword, aiming for the undead's torso.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (d20+6)[13]
    Damage - (d8+9)[15]
    Power attack for 3.
    silver

11. - Top - End - #401

The zombie lurches forward with it's blade leading as it swings for Aldan once again, the heavy axe of the ogre flying through where it had been just a moment ago. He under-compensates, and the weighted blade twists him around, the sudden shift making him lose his grip on the blade, which goes flying across the room to slam into the far wall, falling to the stone with a loud clatter. The loss of the axe as a counterweight suddenly means he's over-compensating, and from such a precarious position, it's impossible to recover. He falls heavily to the flagstones, just in time for the sudden wrenching to reopen is wounds. Now disarmed, bleeding, and flat on the floor, the ogre's insult is complete as a lat spasm of the dying ogre-zombie earns him a bite on the nose. Aldan's blade manages to slip around the breastplate of the zombie and makes a deep slice on the thing's shoulder, making a deep cut and making it's expressionless head loll awkwardly without the tendon supporting it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zombie 2
    Attack: (1d20+3)[4](7)
    Damage(2d6+4)[5][1](10)
    Tosk, you're now at 4 HP, and taking 2 points of bleed damage per turn. Roll a d%, 1-10 means you manage to stop the bleeding. 1-20 if you do nothing but try to stop the blood. The bleed stops after a sucessful save or magical healing. Ilrecc is keeping his distace momentarily.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402

Silver

Silver emits a furious growl as Tosk tumbles to the floor; he's losing patience with these lifeless foes who don't feel pain and have no concept of chivalry. He slashes down at its exposed torso, hoping to finish it.

Spoiler
    Show

(It's not dead, right?)

Attack - (d20+6)[24]
    Damage - (d8+9)[15]
    Power attack for +3 damage, -3 attack.
    silver

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldan

Aldan's armored figure drops and lays a hand on the fallen ogre. He mutters a string of muffled profanities and the occasional holy word. Once he sees the blood retreat into Tosk's wounds he turns to face the zombie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lay on hands for 1 point to stop the bleeding
    A post about nothing.

14. - Top - End - #404

Tosk

The ogre has had enough of the heaped upon indignities this day. First kidnapped, then his brain piddled with to mess with his memories, his body tainted by some toxic goo, giving him strange feelings in his arms, then losing not one, but two weapons, falling to the ogre-zombie, falling unconscious, then getting back up to fall again because he was too damned slow to hit A ZOMBIE! Too slow to hit a zombie! Who then promptly insulted him once more to bite him on the nose as it was despatched by his allies.

And the worst of it is the bite on the nose really hurt! It stung! Even Aldan coming over and healing it with a touch didn't take the sting away. Tosk sat on the ground for a moment, trying to get the blood out of his eyes and concentrate past to brutal tear upon his face. "Tanks, Gramps - OW! - I tink I may just take a lie down here for a minute...."

Spoiler
    Show

Spend the whole round trying to stop the bleed - he would be doing that before Aldan got to him, but I have included it in the text above anyway. <21 means success.
    (1d100)[95]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

15. - Top - End - #405

As the paladin's magic seals the ogre's wounds, the bleeding slows to an easily manageable level, leaving the ogre certainly smarting, but at the very least, not in danger of imminent demise. The younger paladin is doing much better as another deep cut is landed on the breastplated zombie. The accumulated slashes and cuts finally overwhelm it and it falls apart into so much useless flesh, literally tearing itself apart as it tries to force itself through another attack. With the last enemy fallen, the groups seems to finally be able to relax for the briefest of moments as Ilrecc darts over to the back corner of the armory and plants the glowing charge nonchalantly.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406

Tosk

Gingerly touching his nose, pressing on it to see if it is broken ("ow-ow-ow-ow-ow"), and relieved to find it is not, Tosk stand back up. He flexes is massive muscles a bit, working out the rest of his kinks and sores, trying to find if there are any other bits that seem about to fall off.

Finding that he is not at the moment about to pass out, he retrieves his weapons sheepishly, glowering in particular at Ol' Slashy, muttering to it quite crossly and expressing his displeasure in its recent performance. He then sheathes Ol' Slashy, and hefts the flail once more. He then looks over at his companions, his body oozing blood from several locations, his eye and nose swelling up considerably. "Sorry 'bout all dat...." he mutters in a low voice.

Noting that they have to move on and plant the rest of the explosives, Tosk says "Hang on a minute...."

Taking one more moment to look about, and make sure there is no other immediate threats, he strides over to the ruins of the former ogre-zombie. He spits a large, blood-soaked globule of bile upon the remains, then stomps it once with all his strength, grinding his boot heel into what is left of the skull. "Dere, now I'm ready," and turns on his heel to leave.

Spoiler
    Show

Currently at 5 hp and holding.....for now!

I assume we are out of rounds at this point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldan

"Sorry," spits the old major, before opening his helm, "does not begin to describe the clusterfcuk that was that fight."

Aldan takes a look around the room, choosing who to accuse first. He decides to begin by jabbing a finger at Tosk.

"You! You do not go running in with no perspective, no back-up, and no plan! There is a distinction between a soldier and war hound which you bloody well just blurred!"

The irate paladin turns to his younger counterpart, "And you! Keep that damn shield up! If you can't put a damn board between yourself and a ghoul you better not expect me to do it for you!"

"And lastly!," Aldan turns on the cleric, "Would you feel more comfortable in a habit? There were three walls of steel and flesh between you and the icky corpses and still our support was around the corner playing with his dcik like a scared little boy!"

"Ready? This is nowhere near ready enough to be called a cohesive fighting force, and so help me Karrn I will whip you into one."

Aldan is red in the face by the end of his tirade. He reaches for the liquor in his pack and unscrews the top with a shaking hand.
    A post about nothing.

18. - Top - End - #408

Silver

Silver bristles. He breaths in deeply, trying to control himself, and looks for a place to clean his sword; he selects a cleaning rag from one corner of the armory and wipes the weapon carefully. After doing so, he turns back to Aldan.

"I am appreciating your protection me, old man, but I wonder if perhaps the battle would have performed better had we simply waited outside the door while yourself slaughtered the vile undead. I will happily do so the next time we face such monstrosities."

He turns away, trembling with fury. "Where is our next target, Ilrec?"
    silver

19. - Top - End - #409

Tosk

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheDucks View Post
    Aldan

"You! You do not go running in with no perspective, no back-up, and no plan! There is a distinction between a soldier and war hound which you bloody well just blurred!"
    "Well, I'se sorry I didna go to some damned milt-ry school to take all dis here stuff as higher learnin'! Some uf us hadta lern it da hard way, not in some damned classroom, Gramps!" The ogre grips the flail tightly, his knuckles white through his dark brown fur. "You don' know half o' what I hadta lern to get here," in a cold, dark, low growl. Lesser, wild ogres would have struck already.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldan

Aldan takes a swig of the pilfered bottle and nods in mock assurance.

"You're right, but I know how to fix it," he quips.

The paladin swaps the liquor to his shield hand and holds up his hip. With another muttering, he looks fresher than before. Aldan indulges in another shot before putting his bottle back.

"Lead the way, altar boy," he addresses Ilrecc. Aldan walks to the priest's side and watches him expectantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds:(1d8+1)[6]

Edit: +2 actually, forgot a paladin's caster level is half of his class levels.
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2009-03-31 at 12:00 AM.
    A post about nothing.

21. - Top - End - #411

Tosk

The ogre feels a little better for letting off his steam at the aged paladin, and was actually more angry at himself more than 'Gramps'. He dragged his bleeding body forward once more, but made one concession to his weakened state by sheathing his flail for now and drawing his bow and knocking an arrow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

22. - Top - End - #412

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheDucks View Post
    Aldan
    "Lead the way, altar boy," he addresses Ilrecc. Aldan walks to the priest's side and watches him expectantly.
    Silver spins back towards Aldan. He wipes some grime from his face and spits on the floor. "Master Strategy Expert, if I may kindly ask what in the name of the Silver Flame are you doing. You know that we have a non-combative priest with us, and now you ask him to lead the way through an undead-infested fortress; I'm disappointed, surely your overflowing military knowledge would explain to you why that is a poor idea.
    "I'm taking point, and your prideful frustration that this... cleric didn't pull his weight—which is certainly true—in the battle will not allow our efforts to be sabotaged."

He crosses the room and shoulders his way past Ilrecc, refusing to look at the priest of the Silver Flame.
    silver

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldan

A smile creeps under the old paladin's helm. He leans into the priest's shoulder, murmuring in his ear, "Now, I think that's sweet, looking out for you like that. But... coddling can be such great tool..."

"Take a step. On your own, now, see what it feels like. Worse comes to worst, the pup and I step in."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+5)[7]

Sink-or-swim scenario
    A post about nothing.

24. - Top - End - #414

Ilrecc trembles with barely-surpressed anger at the older paladin's commentary. "I should hope I never need help from you, abomination." He nearly snarls his reply, his fists balled tight before stomping swiftly off towards the next door. "I see neither of you appreciate that without me here, your large friend would be another corpse waiting to be raised by whatever foul mind is controlling this place." He added through gritted teeth.

Aldan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your arms feel slightly stronger than before, much like your legs did before the mutations had really set in, and you can feel a tingling in your palms, like an unscratchable itch just below the surface, though every other sensation is dulled, like you're wearing a glove.

Tosk:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your legs seem to be thinner than before, and they feel just a little less powerful. The veins seem larger than before, and a soft bluish tint permeates the flesh. You also, oddly, feel taller, only a few inches, but it's definitely still there.

Silver:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The crag-like stiffening of your skin is starting to spread up over your body, you can feel the stiffness on your abs, and the skin of your legs softly crackles when you bend them.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldan

Aldan sputters under the helm and a numb tongue. He shakes himself of the odd feeling and storms towards the next door, determined to push it in before the priest.

"Well, medic. The ogre is a wayward glance from circling the drain again. I'm sure he'd appreciate your help," he quips as he opens the door.
    A post about nothing.

26. - Top - End - #416

Silver

Silver spits on the floor as the two push past. He coughs at the strange tightness in his core, and feels the crackling move down his body. He sighs at his new curse. Whatever it is, it can't be worse than what I've already suffered.

While Aldan opens the door, Silver drops back to talk with Tosk. "You are feeling okay?" he asks.
    silver

27. - Top - End - #417

Tosk

The ogre shakes his head, answering slowly. "I don' tink so. Feel little weak." His armor is bloodstained, and there is still a trickle of blood running from the wound in his shoulder. "But I gotta keep on. Youse guys need me."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

28. - Top - End - #418

Silver

Silver reaches up to pat the ogre's shoulder. "You have a mighty heart, may the Silver Flame bless it. You should remain back unless the... Karrn and me are being completely overwhelmed; I prefer you with the altar--" He stops himself, disgusted that he nearly used Aldan's name for Ilrecc; after shaking his head firmly, he speaks again. "The priest to an ogre dead on the floor."
    silver

29. - Top - End - #419

Tosk

"Tanks fer carin', Tiny. I'll do me part, n' try not to bleed on ya too much." The last is said with a smile, the grin showing where one of his teeth had been knocked out by the ogre zombie.

The ogre walks forward after his smaller companions, his arrow ready. He only occasionally stumbles from weakness and the odd gait he has suddenly taken on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

30. - Top - End - #420

The priest huffs angrily, giving the paladin a dirty look as he crosses the room to the massive, wounded ogre. "I only have so many more healing spells left, but I will do my best to mend your wounds." He explained, laying hands on the ogre and letting the healing magic surge into the broken body of the titanic warrior.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heals:
    (2d8+5)[14]
    (2d8+5)[17]
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show