New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Good Gods!!

1. - Top - End - #31
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Default Re: Good Gods!!

Ravax's curse found soft ground in the Silvered Forest: the wardens felt hate as a fear of the outside forcing itself within, but the Vaiyu...

They had only an instant of life before it, but in that brief moment they were beings of utter empathy, connected to one another by the deepest enchantments of mind and heart. Corrupted by the sudden hatred that encased them like lead armor, the Vaiyu lashed out at their own minds, tearing their link and their souls. Saddened and enraged, the Marquis felt at one with his unbidden children. Burying the sadness in his heart with the cold ferocity that only the lord of stories could bring to bear, he did the only thing he could to save them: from the Vaiyu, he took their very hearts. They could imitate and pretend and act the part of mortal emotions, but never feel hate nor love.

In rage, the White Stag Prince came to Barghul's growing glade, his cloak now drawn over fine armor cut wholecloth from moonlight.

"I need your help. I need your rage, if you'll share it, your power, if you'll help me. We've an arrogant upstart to stop."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

He had arrived at his destination. He gazed upon the angelic being and frowned. this is not going to be pleasant and began weaving a spell of great power to breach any defenses the new god might have.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Barghul

Barghul sat watching his people grow in the forest of illusions, as a shadow and a stag danced an endless dance in the distance, and his new silver elves, so full of passion, wrote prose and poetry of the beautiful world around him.

Barghul heard the passion in his friends voice, and turned immediately. Seeing the heart in the Stag Prince's hand his eyebrows arched Of course, may I ask what exactly has stirred your rage, and caused you to grip the heart of a mortal so tightly?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the being hostile actions, Cerus took slight and slashed at the being with his sword. I shall not slumber again so easily!
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Ravax seeing suddenly felt a wave of cold hate flash over him he stopped his spell to find it and smiled.
    Someone did'nt like his new creation and was going to try and stop him. He summouned his punishers and frowned.
    His forces were lacking they were not meant for combat but to punish sins. so he created a new being to be the gerneral of his armies he created a massive being of flame and stone with wicked horns and command of fire
    (a la balrog) and to go with this new entity he created from the hate that now eminated demons his warriors and defenders they were the real threat on the battlefield masters of blade and spell with massive bodies and bat like wings. His army was growing he needed to leave the new god for now.
    He was going to war. He fortified his realm with massive black walls of iron and began to make prepartions for war.
    P.S I left in my earlier post i just hd to edit it alot
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-24 at 06:37 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

The Marquis

"This is my role, and that is the source of my passion: from his acts, I am now the Mourning Father. You want to hunt? Then hunt the fiercest game. Hunt this god with me," he says, his voice cold and distant like the shadowed moon. He gestures and a shaft of light shapes itself into a spear in his hand.

When next the Marquis appears, it is in person and in secret before Xorin. The White Stag Prince appears with crossed legs and a meditative posture as he addresses the lord of wyrms:

"I...apologize. I did not count you amoung their number, but my role demanded that there could be no equivocation. I ask you, now, to aid me, to aid all the creatures that will be: all the dreams they'll have and stories they will tell. Let this be their first great epic. With your assent and assistance, we have new prey to address."

Satisfied, the Marquis stands on uncertain feet, brushing himself off carefully.

"Will you help me, Xorin? I am prepared, here and now, to swear an oath to whatever price you name for your aid."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Barghul

Barghul nodded, his visage twisting with anger before turning once more to calm. He held out his hand Let me help you bear your burden friend, I as you am passion incarnate, and none know anger and savagery as well as I.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Xorin growled low in his throat as he felt the swell of magic in the world. His shape shifted again, once more the vast and terrible dragon, his luminescence shining all the brighter for his unquenchable rage.

Aye... I will not stand idly by while this cretin oversteps his bounds. There will be a reckoning 'ere the first dawn in this new world. Boundaries must be established and limits set and understood.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Ravax felt a great power stirring and he was afraid how funny that he the lord of souls would be afraid.
    So he sent an emmisary to discus terms the wrath of 4 gods is to much even for one such as he. (the emmisary is the newly created Bal rog I have gifted him with speech and sent him with the terms)
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-24 at 06:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

By now, Cerus had taken flight and had stopped over the forest of massive trees. Looking over the terrain, he saw its abundant resources, natural defenses, and overall strategic value. You shall be born here. His wings begin to glow immensely bright light as well as a small ball of light in his hands.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Cale watched the other gods, who with the anger and rage were already drawing up battle lines? Could they not see that their fighting would destroy the world, for they as gods were powerful enough to do so? Not wanting needless death to befall any creature, Cale took one of his clouds, and shaped it into minor version of him, with a flowing white toga, pearly white fwings, and pale blue skin, the color of the sky. Looking at his creation, he blessed him with the ability of flight, and the empowered him of lightning and the sun. Happy with it, he named his creation a celestial, and named the original specifically Xiloscient, which Cale would have mean in Xiloscient’s tongue, “first one”.

And from the design of Xiloscient, he made others, thousands, to guard the skies and maintain the balance of the world, to neither take side of good or evil, but to maintain it and keep mortals from undue death. After forming the celestials, he formed a copy of himself from the clouds, and sent it to talk with the stag and savage one, while he would specifically speak with the dark one. And with this done, he appeared before the dark one to speak.

12. - Top - End - #42

The Marquis, to Barghul

"I thank you...we must be prepared to strike once our forces are allied,"
    he says, softly, so low that not even a fennec would stir. "We will find him, and we will show him what there is in this new world that is worth fighting for."

The Marquis, to Xorin

"And ride we shall, but there is still another whom I know and would seek. Three gods are a mighty force...but four is better,"
    he says, with a grin like a wicked child. The Marquis stands to leave and bows to Xorin with great respect.

"No dragon or scale-kin shall ever be denied at the tables of the Fair Folk, my children: Vaiyu, warden, and others not yet born. This is my offering, and I pray you accept it with the spirit in which it is intended and not the circumstances which lead to its necessity."

The Marquis, to Y'vein

In a deep cave of ice, there stood two gods. The newest arrival of the pair of them spoke playfully, carefully:

"Words or works, which inspired which? I don't know,"
    he says, and it's a painfully honest admission, like opening a vein for the Marquis. "There are stories in me that have not yet been inspired, and yet there are also inspirations that are yet lacking stories. But I've come for more than games, I'm afraid," he says, setting his stag-skull helm at his hip to reveal his true face in some solemn gesture.

"You know who I seek. Words can do so much harm, friend. They're sharper than any god's dagger, and hold more steadily than chains of orihalcum. I will swear any oath you ask for your help in this matter,"
    he says, settling down with his back to an icy wall, arms nested on bent knees.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

While awaiting the Marquis' reply on the issue of the primacy of language over narrative, Y'vein began to apply himself. He shed his longcoat - no need to ruin good linen, even if it could be divinely cleaned - but, much to his chagrin, there was nowhere to put it - the ground could certainly not be an appropriate place for such a thing to be.

Ever the inventive paragon of civilisation and progress, however, a solution was evident to him. He spoke. A single word.

Listen.

Suddenly, the fabric of the labyrinth's stone heart changed. Not visibly, but anyone present would have felt the sudden feeling of alertness in it. It listened.

If a mortal can project their thoughts and feelings onto something - us - to give us power and sentience, what can we do? Should I address you, drawing from the pregnant causes of this new world a diverted strain, a lone, scintillating chord of sapience, and instil into this the universal power of my words?

You construct us, answering to you.

Well, language is a powerful force, but it did not occur to me that the rocks themselves answered to poetry. Nonetheless, take this, if you will.

He hands the newly sentient simulacrum -but not quite- of the human form his coat, and dons a pair of goggles, as he begins to work. His back to the new creature, he addresses it dismissively.

In your very nature lies the greatest of gifts - that of self-creation - go forth, multiply, subdue, name - father has work to do.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

The emmisary arrives at the edge of the silver forest and calls for a meeting of the gods to discuss peace and to see why they were decalring war against The Great Lord ravax

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Xorin inclined his head, bowing his great neck gracefully in a gesture of gratitude.

I take your gift with gratitude, and I offer one in return in the spirit of friendship: Your folk shall be welcome in the dwellings of my firstborn, and they shall give your fair folk aid and succour in time of need, should it ever prove necessary.

He gave a massive, radiant grin, and nodded Indeed... four is a number of power. I shall see you anon. The cretin is apparently requesting a council to sue for peace. I will humor him, for I do not strike without need. I shall see if he can be reasoned with.

With that, Xorin took flight, appearing in the designated meeting-spot, holding his peace and waiting for others to arrive.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Barghul

Barghul responds to the messenger of the god of air as thus:
    He is a being who would do great harm to the world and its inhabitants, we are doing this new creation a favor by ridding it of him.

Of the second messenger, Barghul was unaware of his arrival, for as the messenger came to the edge of the forest a large white stag leaped over his head, and as he looked on with awe, a shadow leaped upon him, tearing him to shreds in his haste to catch the fleeing equine form.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-24 at 07:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

First: What the hell I offer peace and you kill the messenger the dragon god was willing but you were'nt dang. And also what the heck makes you think a white stag and a shadow can beat the Balrog?
    Also i accpet his invintation to my realm and ask him if he would like something to drink?
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-24 at 07:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

The Marquis

The Marquis carefully considers what he's heard, then sighs and dons his helm anew.

"I envy poets. I have only recitations. Sometimes I fear that the stories in me will drown out my very voice: I am bound by my oaths and by my tales. I have become the Knight, and so I must ride against him, tilt my proverbial lance. There will be more gods. There will always be more. But I still await your answer, gentleman. With all the anticipation I can muster."

The Marquis evaporates from the cavern like so much mist in sunlight, and reappears again and anew at the edge of the Silver Forest, spear in hand.

"I address no one as Great Lord who is capable of such malice,"
    he says simply, and his spear slips through the air as quickly and invisibly as night itself spreads over the land, aiming to deliver a warning blow to the emissary.
    Last edited by GryffonDurime; 2008-06-24 at 07:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

BardGuy

The cloud arrived in front of the stag one with a tornado, yet not damaging the landscape at all. Looking at the shape of the god, the pseudo Cale shrunk to his size to communicate easier. “I come to arrange peace, for I do not want undue death to innocent creatures. I am not the true god of the wind, only his messenger, and look forward to working with you. I have a deal to offer you in the favor of peace,” said the messenger.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Unforeseen didn't like what he saw. It was.....Unforeseen. He looked at the wanton fighting and the gods fighting eachother. "All of you, stop this NOW!" At the word "NOW!" all of the fighting gods felt a deep force exhausting them. They were forced down, and pinned by an unseen force.

"If you wish to fight eachother, bring yourselves to this place....
    A mysterious dark abyss opened in space.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-06-24 at 07:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

The messenger responds. My master comes to offering peace and consolance for whatever crime he commited against you Why do you strike me i have not wronged you i have come bearing a message of peace not war and you respond with thrown weapon you have become what you hate most if you continue
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-24 at 07:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Turning, Y'vein looks penetratingly at the Marquis. The effect is amplified by the foot-long apparatus of lenses, amber, and viscous oils that adorns each eye.

Oh, words are much more than games, sir. That will be learnt soon enough.

He then takes off his goggles, rubbing sooty, grimy eyes, and dons his hat.

But let us not discuss such grim matters; I believe that we have a peace-conference with the devil to attend to? This

He gestures to the slight distortion in the air in the centre of the cave.

can wait, and the atmosphere is not at its most clement here.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    First: What the hell I offer peace and you kill the messenger the dragon god was willing but you were'nt dang. And also what the heck makes you think a white stag and a shadow can beat the Balrog?
    Also i accpet his invintation to my realm and ask him if he would like something to drink?
    Spoiler
    Show
    please keep all OOC chat out of the IC channel. To answer your question, Barghul didn't kill him, and they're not just a stag and a shadow, they're both divinely gifted beings (made from a piece of a divine being) and they are beings of legend

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Cale: I see you have seen reason unlike the beast god I wish to offer peace i shall remove hate from the silver woodlands and give the Master of the woodlands a gift of obdurium a creation of mine an increidbly durable metal immune to flame and harder than adamantium.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-24 at 07:15 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ooc Chatter In The Other Thread. That Is All

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Cerus is pushed down quite a bit before steadying himself in midair just above the tree line. I will be under no being's foot! With this, his wings sprayed his feathers all over the forest. The stems of the 5000 feathers dug themselves into the ground. He then released the ball of light from his hand in a shockwave that encompassed miles of the forest. This energy transformed the feathers into angelic beings like himself, only these were simple mortals.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Barghul

As the fatigue began to set in Barghuls anger sparked. His divine adrenaline rushed throughout his veins, like it can in no mortal. Despite the power of the elder god he forced himself upwards, beating his chest with all his bestial might roaring to the heavens his defiance. He did not know what he was defying, his mind was in a haze of anger. He did not go on a rampage or destroy the forests, merely roared his bestial roar, defying any to try and force him down again. As the sensation passed, so did his anger, and the primal god proverbially scratched his head in confusion, unaware of his previous anger, and began once again watching his elves.

28. - Top - End - #58

BardGuy

"A gift is good. I only ask that you allow my Celestials to aabstain from death due the time they have spent on this world. Death is a narual thing, and while you have no reason to claim the Scaled one's, children, I propose a deal. The children shall die eventually, and they shall go to the dreams when they do. However, if they violate the code the scaled one sets up, the dragons shall be punished with a nightmare you come up with. Does this seem fair?" asked Cale.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Ravax smled a gentle smile a first for him
    Finally someone who sees reason i like this idea very muchI will allow your children immortality and I have already relequished my hold on the scaled ones children I will also send my gift and withdraw hate from the silver forest
    He stands back up from his chair of obsidan and draws a deep breah withdrawing the hate and gives a command to send a gift of 3tons of Obdurium to the silver forest with a "LOW LVL" messenger to give the peace offering.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-24 at 07:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

The Marquis

The Marquis whinces and wheezes as the Overgod speaks, and withdraws into the depths of the Silver Forest to contemplate. The gathered Vaiyu raise their voice at his instruction and sing a song of mortal magic, illusions to protect the forest and enchantments to give it peace while the White Stag Prince recovered.

Moons of the darkened sky,
    Look upon us, ever bright.

The Marquis warms his hands before the blue flame still kindled in the circle of stones, then reaches in and removes a smooth river rock from the gathered circle.

Head our song as we cry,
    Keep our silver in your light.

Plucked from the flame, and yet the glossy stone stays aflame: bright blue faerie fire sways against imagined winds, and the White Stag Prince turns the pebble over again and again, considering his options, the roles he can assume. Warmaker, Peacemonger. Clasping the stone to his heart, he calls out to the Unforeseen in a rough, harsh tone:

Cloth us in your courage,
    Give us hope where there is none.

"You're a rotten thing if that monster is worthy of your love, your protection. We'd be better without him."

Twinned moons above,
    Hear our cries.