New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Good Gods!!

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Good Gods!!

"Indeed I do see you reason. And for making peace, I give you this," said Cale, as he grabbed a cloud from the sky. Holding the cloud, he shaped it into an orb, and gave it to the dark one. "This orb shall hide anyone who touches it from the light of the sun, but only on the condition they do not attack. If they strike, the orb will cease to work for them for a till that time the next day," said Cale after giving the gift.
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-06-24 at 07:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Cerus observed his creations for quite a while. They had made the treetops their home and hunted large birds in midair for food. Things seemed to be going pretty easy for Cerus excluding the hostile that had attempted to attack him and retreated when he first awakened.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank for this extremly gracious gift and before you go would you like a drink?pours a glass of a new substance he calls wine.
    drinks a glass of it and satisfied offers a cup to his new freind.
    Cheers.

I like your title for me Dark one sounds so badass

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

As these new creatures flew high in the treetops a large velvet shadow watched from a distance, as well as a group of the feral elves born of the woods themselves, though they were unaware of the shadows observance of the flying mortals... and them.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #65
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

The Marquis, to the Peace Gathering

As three tons of metal crash through the forest and level the newly formed home of a young Vaiyu lord, the song of the fey stops. Groaning and tired, the Marquis appears before Cale and Ravax, without a weapon or armor. His voice is even but immeasurably cold.

"You flattened one of my homes. You withdrew your hate and gave me a gift, and you think that makes everything right? It doesn't matter if you withdraw hate, because my Vaiyu have been broken. The only solution I had to save them from your unprovoked aggression has left them unable to feel, and their is no solution for that. Only illusions, only glamour, only the semblance of feeling,"
    he says, drawing dangerously close to a maddened glare. "We will never be even, and you will never be welcome."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Xorin followed The Marquis' words with a deep, growling speech in his thunderous bass voice.

Nor shall you ever find friendship with me. You attempted to usurp the fate of my beloved children, and I was forced to create others to shield my offspring from your tainted clutches. You may have withdrawn your undeserved claim, but you will never find friendship with me or my kin. Even the low children of mine shall shun you and despise you and yours ever hence.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

I understand your anger but i have come bearing gifts and tidings of peace Cale hear has had the wisdom to see that i wanted to repent for my actions and we have come to an agreement no I request you either sit so we can speak or leave my realm

8. - Top - End - #68

The Marquis

"Repent? Do you think we're stupid? We're gods. We are infinitely stronger and less flexible than the creatures we create. I am the story, the legend, the illusion, the Moon. A creature of evil does not repent. It lies, it pretends, it ingratiates itself to those foolish enough to think malice to be tamable."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Xorin nodded, bristling with ill-concealed anger. You must think us fools if you offer us friendship now. You attempt to usurp our domains and cast malice into the newborn heart of the world and then expect us to befriend you?! Never.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

I made hate for the one i warred against but I saw the error of my ways and withdrew Imade prepartions fearing attack and finnaly someone with some sense comes along and we make peace i send you a gift hoping to repent I do not want war I want peace so that we may develop this universe together not destroy it.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Barghulf

Barghulf swung down, seemingly from a high branch, though none was there. Old friend, I sought you out, I felt that you were angry, and I saw the arrival of that... material. I'm glad I've found you. He surveyed the other gods, until he met eyes with Ravax, and his hairs bristled, his face grew bestial. Anger and menace was written in his features, but self-control also colored his movements. You say "peace", and all I hear is "cowardice". Peace is a noble goal, but you seek it only out of fear of those you wronged in your arrogance.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

COWARDICE!!! You call me a coward yet you are the next to last to arrive you know nothing if you beleive this to be cowardice I come to you bearing gifts and you retaliate with bloodshed you slay my messenger and I send you a gift and you accuse me of treachery if your angry I respect that for I have wronged one close to you but dont come to my home accusing of cowardice when I pursue peace
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-24 at 08:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

The Marquis

"Your words come from lips that are deceit incarnate. What reason do any of us have to believe you? Swear it!" he says, and his moon-forged spear appears in his hand and he cuts his hand with its blade, ichor coursing over the wound. "Swear me an oath on your name and sacred blood, sanctified by my right as the Keeper of Oaths. Swear that you will never again corrupt this world and the creations of others. Swear that on penalty of your life that you will never transgress again. That is the only price I can justly demand for the defamation of souls."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

I Ravax God of death and Judge of souls swear nnot to defile the creations of others and to never transgress against those i have wronged on penealty of death I swear on my sacred blood and all I hold dear
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-06-25 at 10:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Burghal

Burghals eyes narrowed. If the dark gods response to being called a coward had been intense, Burghals was that of a bear awoken to early from his hibernation. He snarled in anger and leapt as only a god of savagery and the innate beast in all things can. He landed astride the black throne, however, if he had been expected to attack the god others would be sorely disappointed, for instead he moved his massive head dangerously close to the gods head. I received no messenger, and I did not attack one of your servants. I speak only the truth of what I see. Why is it you only rush to the side of peace when those you have wronged speak out against in you in number, our anger deep as the blackest abyss? It is because you fear us, and rightly so, but still you wear a badge of shame for your cowardice. You have not even the courage to finish what you started.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Xorin gave a grim smile, his eyes narrowing to slits of bright energy as he watched the sealing of the pact silently, the tip of his tail twitching slightly. He gave the Marquis a respectful nod, and his rage slowly slipped away. He was relieved... but still watchful.

17. - Top - End - #77

BardGuy

"There, now can there be peace? I recognize that there will not be freiendship between the two sides here, but can there not be peace? If we gods fight, then the mortals have no chance of life! Are you all that selfish!?" exclaimed Cale.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Xorin turned his head towards Cale, arching a single eyebrow inquisitively, his voice level I cannot speak for you, but I would not want the mortals to live in a world where their very souls were doomed from birth to be owned by a god of hellfire who took joy in their suffering. Now my children will have a chance to choose their own destinies, as will the rest of the creatures that we will bring forth upon the world.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

I have sworn the oath not to taint the cretures of other I have not sworn to forfiet my postion as judge I propose that we make each make a realm of afterlife for the creatures we create yoyu will set a credo or set of rules and if they break that credo without repentence they will be doomed to a hell deemed approiate by their god in my realm

20. - Top - End - #80

BardGuy

"I agree that I do not want mortals to be doomed from the start. However, they are mortals, and being mortal means that they are doomed to die eventually. Now, how about we make a deal. We'll each have our own realm in this existence, where we can bring mortals we deem worthy. But those that break the rules we set up shall be damned, and he shall rule over them. Deal?" asked Cale.

21. - Top - End - #81

The Marquis

"Perhaps you are the coward, then?" the Marquis asks, cooly. "You're so anxious about peace amoungst the gods you can't even see the fate the mortals will have under his influence. It's shameful, really. That same hubris I saw from your first words, and here it is: you think yourself above us. Lofty ideals, selling your values for a tenuous peace. Strange worlds of arcane angles, that one so haughty should think himself the angel whilst he crawls down into bed with the Devil himself."

With those last words, the Marquis disappears from the meeting and settles in the stone-ringed bonfire, letting waves of blue flame wash over him like the shoreline. From the promise pledged by Ravax, he crafts the physical stuff of the oath into a lump of fine, black metal, smooth as jade.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Burghal

As The Marquis takes his leave Barghul grunts I do not agree. All those who serve me will find their way to my side, and if they have truly done wrong then they will find repentance MY way, not YOURS. and with this Burghal leaps away, and disappears from the room, to create a place where all his followers could find their rest.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

The great dragon snorted You have already relinquished your claim to my children. I will not give you another chance to get your claws into them. They are wrought in many different shapes and forms of mind, but all are beloved by me, and I will not allow them to suffer your caress.

With that, he flapped his wings, vanishing in a clap of thunder and a flash of color.

24. - Top - End - #84

BardGuy

Cale, enraged with the words of the stag prince, called out all over the world to reach the The Marquis, "You shall regret those words!" And with that, he changed the sky, so that when ever the sun would set, the clouds would cover the sky, so thick and deep not even the moons' light could penetrate them. Calming himself down, Cale turned towards the rest of the gods and said, "I am sorry you had to see that."

Looking at the Scaled one, Cale quietly said, "Please, I wish to be friends, and would happily endow your dragons with the power of flight, so that they can ahve their mark on the world that you want them to, and enjoy the shy as we do."

25. - Top - End - #85

The Marquis

The Marquis smiles in earnest for the first time since his creation as the clouds roll over the moon, refreshed and changed by the motions of time. He sets the metallic pledge he's received in his pocket and gathers the Vaiyu again. As they raise their voice in song, the Wardens, four great giants amoung the Fey, sing in time with their unplanned children, a song that raises illusion and glamour and conjured images of the moon to superimpose themselves on the clouds. The spell passes entirely to the wardens and the song that maintains the illusion cuts a low, whale-like tone throughout the world, little more than a buzz but ever present.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Xorin

Xorin paused meditatively at the creature's words. Finally, he gave a barely perceptible nod. For the benefit of my children, there shall be peace between us, and I shall accept your gift. But be warned, if you side with that... cretin against us, friendship will not prosper.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Now this is no need to insult Cale he is innocent I'am the one who has to pay for crimes I merely sought a compromise as to appease everyone.

28. - Top - End - #88

BardGuy

Realizing what has happened with his plan to black out the moon, Cale luaghed at the ingenuis of it and how obvious it was. 'Of course he could do it, he is the god of Illusions,' thought Cale. Summoning one of his celestials, he gave it a message to The Marquis. The celestial then flew off towards The Marquis, and upon finding him, told him, "I'm very ammused by your inventiveness. Are you sure can't be friends? I'll happily remove my earlier edict, and give you a gift."

29. - Top - End - #89

The Marquis

The messenger returns to Cale with a letter scrawled out in nice ink:

Gifts are unnecessary. We met under unfortunate circumstances. We share an interest in the sky. Peace is admirable, but I worry about the cost. Even still, things have happened as they've happened. This is life.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

After all this anger Ravax knew retalition would come so he suited in his finest enchanted obdurium armour and weapons. He Forged the weapons in the darkest pits of hell enchanting them with the darkest magic.
    He went to wait at the abyss and wove dfense spells around himself.