New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Wake of The Creator (IC)

Tyrelius's eldritch blast flies through the air. The beast is weak from blood loss and in no condition to defend itself from the telling blow. It turns its head to face the unnatural energy just as it slams into its shoulder, disintegrating its forepaw and leaving it to squirm and bleed out on the ground until it is finally still.

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat over.

100 xp each.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

2. - Top - End - #92

Therea

"Desperate places drive men and beasts to desperate things. Though the world is well rid of these vermin." Therea says with a glance toward a rat corpse, then lifts a hand to her wounds and murmurs prayers to Ioun, the wounds healing. She then begins to climb the rubble of the collapsed building, to check upon the condition of the halfling. After determining the health of the halfling, Therea will try to bandage him up. In any event, when done with the halfling, Therea will look to the rest of the group and says "Who else is in need of healing."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using healing word to heal (1d6+10)[15] Hp.
    Then Using a heal check to see the condition of the halfling and try stablizing.
    heal - (1d20+4)[5]
    Last edited by Pink; 2008-08-29 at 07:12 PM.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Perrin

Bleeding all over, Perrin crosses over to Therea. "I'm pretty beat up, but we should probably take care of that halfling first... I wonder if he has any information worthwhile to our task at hand... he is a halfling after all..."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Terrelen
    I am hurt, but horribly. If I were to receive divine aid in my healing, it would probably be less stressful to my body. You are right to prioritize the prisoner, however.
    He touches a hand to his sore head, feeling the already healed cut with a wince.
    Spoiler
    Show
    AKA, healing word would only take 1 surge, normally I'd need two.
    The Bear is Back.

5. - Top - End - #95

Therea

Therea look over the unconscious form of the halfling before turning toward her allies. However it can be seen that her breathe comes slightly more readily and beads of sweat have formed on her face. Looking over the wounds of her companions, Therea then says, "I will pray for healing in a few moments. Channelling the blessings and power of the Lord Ioun can be too much for me at times. The halfling that struck at us from the roofs is unconcious and a bit worse for the wear, but will recover."

Spoiler
    Show
    Signifying the 5 minute rest. Please tell me if something happens that would interrupt this rest, and if I can then use another 2 healing words in my next post.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

After the battle, all is silent. Taking a moment to catch your breath, the pain of your injuries fades away in the face of your resolve. You reflect on the hardened killers and their feral pets. They made a living doing what they did well, and they were no match for you at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 minute rest, everyone who wants to can spend one healing surge.

7. - Top - End - #97

Therea

Regaining her breath Therea goes first to heal Terrelen who came forward, placing her hands over the open wounds and chanting the words begging healing from Ioun, and then spots the blood running down Kyeian's limbs and moves forward to heal the brave fighter who fended off the rat's attack. Seeing that this is still not enough, Therea apologizes "Just give me a few more minutes and I will help to heal your wounds."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, two more healing words, then sitting down for another rest.
    Terrelen Heals (1d6+4)[9]+<H.S. Value> and loses a healing surge

Kyeian Heals (1d6+4)[10]+<H.S. Value> and loses a healing surge
    Last edited by Pink; 2008-08-29 at 07:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyrelius

Picking up the dropped coins Tyrelius wrinkles his nose as the rat's blood pools around the body. He points and mumbles a phrase "Melammu, Qamu," calling down once more the shaft of light to burn what remains of the corpse. He walks to the building and hands the gold back to Therea.

"These are yours. I think you see now the risk inherent in showing such wealth in a place like this. But we came through well and now have a better view of our respective talents, particularly the strength of your faith. I will leave you to tend to our allies. My preparations should be complete by the time you finish.

With that Tyrelius moves to the shade of the building and begins a slow chant as his right hand drifts lazily in front of him, it's fingers tracing patterns in the air that grow more complex with time. He finally culminates with the phrase "Ati Me Peta Babka" and his face flinches momentarily before he releases a soft sigh.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Perrin

"We'd best get moving. Who knows what this commotion might have attracted. In a place like this? There's probably another gang around the corner... Oh and one more thing... try not to show your wealth in a city. Especially one like this. Good way to get mugged."

Perrin crosses over to the halfling. "Any plans for this guy? I'd rather not just... leave him here." Perrin performs a quick search of the halfling for any identification or things of importance. He also spends the rest of the time looking nearby for the arrows he had shot.

10. - Top - End - #100

After dragging the halfling down from his perch atop the building, you notice that he is stirring and beginning to come to.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Perrin

Noticing that the halfling is awakening, Perrin draws his sword and crosses over to the halfling, just in case he decides to make a run for it. Calmly waiting until the halfling is capable of speaking, Perrin begins to question him. "Who are you? Who do you work for? What do you know of the Shylas family?" Perrin is especially keen on hearing the last answer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's a Charisma check if you need it. I'm not sure whether Diplomacy would apply, and I'm not sure Intimidate would either... (1d20+2)[20]
    Last edited by Neftren; 2008-08-31 at 02:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Terrelen
    The eladrin wonders at the power of the divine, a power so different from his own arcane abilities. He then turns to the unconscious halfling, his strength renewed, but the bitterness from the near lethal blow still shadowing his eyes.
    If it tries anything... it dies.
    The Bear is Back.

13. - Top - End - #103

Kyeian

Resting her hands on her knees after the fight ends, Kyeian inspects her injuries. Finding herself not in imminent danger of collapse, she waits for Therea's healing assistance.

After Therea finishes, Kyeian waves away further healing. "Only a scratch remains. Do not worry yourself over it."

Standing, she glances around the immediate vicinity and states, "I agree. I do not think we should linger here."

14. - Top - End - #104

The halfling blinks several times and sits up. There's still an arrow head coming out of the side of his stomach from the earlier fight and he doesn't look completely coherent. I'm uhh... Boots, and I don't work for no one. I know lots a things. Got a question about the Shylas?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Perrin

"Well... are you part of the Shylas family? Do you know of any alternative routes into the sewer system under their estate? Or just any sort of sewer entrance in general that isn't surrounded by cutthroats such as yourself?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyrelius

Walking to join his party over the halfling Tyrelius looks down momentarily before turning away.

We should move on. I don't care if he's alive or dead but I wouldn't trust him too much. I'm certain he has other friends and he may walk us into an ambush worse than this one.

17. - Top - End - #107

The halfling's eyes widen. How did you know about the passage below our house? He clears his throat. Never mind, forget about it. They won't let you in anyway. If you're heading to the sewers, you might as well just keep going to the Old Well. You're almost there already.

18. - Top - End - #108

Therea

Therea accepts Kyeian's wish to forgo further healing. hearing what the rest of the party are doing with the captive, Therea agrees with what the street halfling says, "We are quite close already, and surely we'll...I'll know better how to avoid a similar experience if it comes up." She says, putting her gold back as well as her weapon and getting ready to continue.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Perrin

"Who said I knew anything about a secret passage under your house... well, actually you just told me about one under the Shylas Estate. However, I may decide to make it worth your while if you provide me some more answers to questions. Allow me to collaborate with my associates before coming to a decision. Oh and I wouldn't suggest trying to run." To reinforce the image, Perrin sheaths the sword and grabs his bow and puts an arrow to the string. He then retreats over to where the rest of the party is.

In a low whispered voice to avoid being heard, Perrin speaks to the party. "Well, the halfling is right about the well. We are quite close. What I'm worried about is whether this halfling will run off and tell someone about us. Anyone have any ideas? I'd rather not kill him to keep our journey under wraps, but if we have to... If he's as blabby as he was to me, chances are he may either run to find more of his compatriots or even worse... members of the Shylas House. They may of course decide to execute him for telling us a secret of that house, but they may also decide to exterminate us first. Ideas?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy:(1d20+2)[6]
    • Attempting to... how shall I put it... bribe him?
    Intimidate:(1d20+2)[21]
    • Attempting to scare him away from the thought of running.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2008-09-05 at 06:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyrelius

The simplest solution to not killing him is to confine him. Admittedly we cannot confine him in a room but we have rope and other supplies that we can use to bind him. Find an out of the way location, bind him and move on. True he'll get loose in time but by then we should be far enough away to be safe from pursuit.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps...
    Terrelen's eyes shift back to the halfling, still wary of him. He whispers back to his allies.
    Perhaps they could keep him at the safe house for a short period of time. Keep him well fed and kept after, but confined. I'm sure even if he has connections to the Shylas, they could not object to that. He would be released, days or even weeks later, no harm done. That would ensure our Family is kept safe in this ordeal.
    The Bear is Back.

22. - Top - End - #112

Therea

"If we take him back to the safehouse we take up more time. We take further risk of being noticed as well as more risk that some other ruffian will take up residence in our path when we return. That matter aside, do we really want to risk having him, or anyone who might've noticed us perhaps, having any chance of finding out where the safehouse is? That could endanger our fa-...Our friends who hold it."
    Therea whispers back with a shake of her head at Terrelen's suggestion.
    "If we are to detain him at all we are best to do as Tyrelius says. I do not agree with the way. If I hadn't been most recently proven unknowledgeable of the morals and values of those that inhabit this area, I would suggest giving him some coin to forget he saw us."
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyrelius

I don't particularly care what we do as long as we move on. If we're to bind him and hide him so be it. Going back is counterproductive, I'd kill him before that option. That may well be the best solution anyways, if none of you care to dirty your hands for that reason then you can go on ahead, I'll do it and catch up. What most concerns me is that we come to a solution then move on.

24. - Top - End - #114

Kyeian

"Coin may work to silence his tongue, but that is a unreliable option at best," Kyeian comments in a whisper, glancing at the halfling. "We could always ask him why we shouldn't rid ourselves of him. Perhaps he could be convincing."

25. - Top - End - #115

Therea

Therea gives a stern look at Tyrelius after his last comment. "I really wouldn't like to think that killing him is an option we should be considering. As far as we know he's a simple urchin, a halfling though and therefore with some connection to the halfling clan of this area. However the Shylas are not enemies of us if we don't make them, so that shouldn't be of any concern. That being said, we really shouldn't linger here much longer or else we may risk attracting attention of those who are or could be enemies. If we cannot decide then I say we ask Ioun to show us his wisdom and settle it with a coin toss. Heads we tie him up and leave, tails we give him some coin and impress heavily that he should take no further interest in us." she finishes by pulling out on the the coins given back to her.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Terrelen
    If you want to reward the little beast for his violence against us, it is your prerogative. I however, will have no part in it. Tell me when we are ready to continue.
    With that, Terrelen moves to the side, watching to see the outcome of the debate.
    The Bear is Back.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyrelius

Very well, flip the coin and we will proceed from there. Either course is fine with me as long as we continue our mission.

28. - Top - End - #118

The halfling Boots glances nervously your way from time to time, looking like he's trying very hard not to fidget.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Perrin

"Well, if we can't kill him, nor confine him... why don't we take him with us? We can see if he has any knowledge of the sewer system. If he does, we take him along and he can guide us to a place close to where we need to go, then turn him around and send him home."

Perrin turns an eye towards Boots. "We're almost done. Don't try anything funny. You do know I still have this bow here right?"

30. - Top - End - #120

Therea

"Well since there is no way to assure he wouldn't talk, having him lead us would only give him more information that he could potentially say to others. As it is what does he know of us but that we're strong in battle and our appearance...and that we're heading to the sewer systems."
    Therea says to Perrin. Then, getting the coin ready she utters her prayer, "Oh Ioun, Lord of Knowledge, please, with your wisdom, show your hand in how we should deal with this halfling." And with that, flips the coin and allows it to land on the ground, looking down to observe what the result is.
    Spoiler
    Show