New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Spectral Knights (IC)

Tol Zorrn

"Well, lets see ...", says Tol and adjusts the course to fly closer to the wreck. He checks it with the sensors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Normal Perception check ? If the roll is 7 or less I take the Reroll (Acute Senses talent)

Roll: (1d20+7)[9]
    Reroll: (1d20+7)[12]
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Profile Link
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=63821

Yukiyo

She was just finishing up. She’d be an administrator if these last few minutes were worth it. She hit the ‘Confirm’ code for the computer in the main hold. Nar Shaddaa’s educational reputation was on the line.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Use Computer (Improve Access) – (1d20+9)[16]
    She’d already tested it searching the cargo hold and her bunkroom for secret compartments. It increased the sale value and made consumers more interested. There were always secret compartments on ships like these. She had her excuses when they asked – organizing the materials for proper storage and catalogue on a datapad in the cargo hold (she did) – on her way to the main hold computer she’d thrown everyone else’s luggage out of her side of the ship. They’d have hot bunked if they were real men. The Smuggler’s Moon lost either way and she liked those odds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (search) Cargo Hold - (1d20+8)[28]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (search) Starboard Cabin - (1d20+8)[14]
    She adjusted the environmental temperature so often… She hadn’t meant to drive them crazy. This dust bin ship could never be just right. It was like living in a freezer that only worked sometimes with a furnace that only worked sometimes inside of it. In meditation classes they once taught younglings they’d remind their students to breathe deeply. She fell asleep most of the time. Every time the Kel Dor was in the room Yukiyo felt sleepy.

Ffh, Shh, Ffh, Shh… Was she supposed to listen to that or the quiet hum of the engine..? Now she knew what she was listening to, creeping up on the communications room to see what was amiss. They’d probably quiet down when she got there. Before they noticed her she’d have to figure it out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (Eavesdrop) - (1d20+8)[9]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Close analysis of the wreckage provides nothing abnormal - and that made it all the more strange. The ship had seemingly been damaged beyond function, and it's crew left it - no life signs, no signs of activity, no power from the ship - no lights. The remains were illuminated only by the light inherent in the system from the nearby stars.

Yuyiko discovered more than she expected on-board the ship, including a number of secret compartments. Unfortunately, it seemed the enclave engineer had the security systems water-tight - her efforts to crack them and access voice commands were lacking, and she couldn't get past the security measures.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

4. - Top - End - #64

Rhys Da'car

Standing behind the pilot's seat, gripping its headrest Rhys opens his eyes, the Force providing No insights. "I have a bad feeling about this."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Kel

"Maybe someone dirtside will be able to tell us something about it," Kel says, craning his neck to look at the sensor board over Tol's shoulder. "I'm about ready to stretch my legs anyway."

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #66

Tol Zorrn

"Alright, I'll contact that observation station. They should guide us to the ground.", says Tol and opens a channel. "Freighter '99' from Coruscant here. Requesting coordinates for landing."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Roger that, 99 - co-ordinates transmitting now, but - your ship ID says your port of origin is Dantooine." Came the reply.
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

8. - Top - End - #68

Rhys Da'car

Rhys nudges Tol with a grin, "Coruscant? Have you been in hyperspace too long?"

9. - Top - End - #69

Tol Zorrn

"Yes, Dantooine, whatever. Entering atmospshere.", says Tol and pushes the control stick forward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, I looked back at the 1st page to see that it was an "observation station". But not the system ... I guess my default system of which a bunch of Jedi go on a mission is Coruscant. I never played a KOTOR game ... but my KOTOR Campaign guide is in hyperspace and coming closer.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2008-09-02 at 02:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the ship begins to descend into the planet's atmosphere, it becomes apparent that Belkadan's natural climate is jungle-esque - hot and humid, mist seems to obscure anything beyond ten feet. Luckily, powerful illumination beacons placed around the landing bay coupled with the co-ordinates provided allow the 99 to drift in without worry.

As the crew prepares to disembark, a pair of representatives from inside the observation station come out to meet you. One is a female human, and the other is a male rodian.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

Rhys Da'car

Rhys prepares to descend the boarding ramp once the ship has landed. Not being the eloquent one aboard the ship he'll move the right flank, hand hovering near his lightsaber on his belt ready to protect that side in case it's needed.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Yukiyo

She was familiar to weapons in hands too willing to use them, still, Yukiyo made a point of glaring at the Jedi as if he should be ashamed. She breathed her delicate, fussy disapproval well before going down the ramp. She didn’t like this planet. Watching Yukiyo take each step like she was walking on water’s surface; as precious (or priceless?) as the timid demeanour she conveyed to these courteous hosts.

“Hello.” Her eyes gingerly ‘tried’ to look at their faces, she lowered them quickly; it was obvious she was too busy wondering – was it night, or day here? – Did they know Mandalorian?

“Ade kemi dayn eyn duraan tal...”

Now she was standing upright in the anatomical position, very much not threatening after her helpful remark. Maybe they were bloodthirsty cannibals. She'd still have their medicines if they weren’t.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-09-03 at 05:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

The human exchanged glances with the rodian as Yuyiko spoke in an unfamiliar dialect. Looking back to the ship and the new arrivals, the woman smiled. "Hello there - you must be the new arrivals the Jedi Council told us about. Welcome to Belkadan. Our facilities are at your disposal."
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Kel

"That we are. I'm Kel; and then we've got Miss Yukiyo; Tol, who you spoke to over the comm; and then from the Council 'proper,' as it were, we've got Rhys." As he speaks, he'll indicate each party member in turn.

"And you are?"

15. - Top - End - #75

Rhys Da'car

Rhys takes Yukiyo's scowl in stride, she might be upset at him staying alert for danger and being close to his weapon, but odds on, she'd thank him if it turned out that they needed it.

At the introduction he relaxes a little, while the others talk he reaches out to the Force to search for any others watching.

Spoiler
    Show

Use the Force for perception: (1d20+7)[23]
    Perception: (1d20+7)[23]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Nice to meet you - I'm Laura, this is Rello. We have a few more members of the technical team inside, but we'll introduce them when we get up there. Shall we go, or do you guys need anything from your ship?" Laura explained, smiling and nodding to each person in return.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Yukiyo

The Smuggler’s Moon was full of thieves. The cannibals here might be thieves too. She hadn’t ever met a cannibal that wasn’t. She wasn’t going to like this planet. Their ship needed a guard and efficiency was an excellent excuse; her eyes didn’t sparkle with her sad smile. “When there’s technology involved I usually end up confusing things. I really shouldn’t impose a guided tour. After I’ve found it I can bring up any equipment anyone needs from the ship, go ahead and leave me with a list. We’ll quickly solve this conundrum.”

Deception (Deceptive Information) (1d20+9)[23]
    Perception (Sense Deception) (1d20+8)[20]

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Kel

"That's a good idea, Yukiyo," Kel nods.

He turns back to the locals. "We'll be happy to go with you, Laura. Lead on," he says politely.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Glancing oddly to Yuyiko, Laura merely smiled weakly again and nodded to Kel. "Er - sure thing. This way." She stated, gesturing into the building.

Showing everyone who chooses to go up to the control room, Laura unlocks the main doors and enters a large technical suite of consoles. Inside are a number of additional people - two humans and a twi'lek - who seem to be avidly working away at the computers or writing up paperwork.

"So, the council was a bit sketchy on what exactly it was you guys needed. How can we help?" Laura enquired.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Kel

Kel grins lopsidedly. "Sketchy, were they? Somehow I'm not surprised - they sent us out here to look for something, but they said they have no idea what that something is. Some kind of 'disturbance in the Force,' but nobody seems to know anything about it. So I guess we'll want to talk to your staff, look over your sensor logs - routine stuff, you know. We're going to be underfoot a bit, no way to avoid it; but we'll do our best to minimize the disruption to your operations."

"Also," he goes on, "You appear to have a derelict ship drifting through the system here. I flagged its position and trajectory on the Ninety-Nine's nav charts; you should be able to pull it down when the ship's nav computer links in to update hyperspace routes."

21. - Top - End - #81

Rhys

Following the guides up to the control room Rhys is content to let Kel do the talking. He continues to look around, searching the Force for signs of disturbance.

Spoiler
    Show

Use the force (1d20+7)[24]
    Perception (1d20+7)[22]

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Huh... disturbances in the force? I'm afraid I don't know much about those, but - it's not impossible to figure out." Laura said, pondering.

"There is a very interesting piece of equipment here on Belkadan that one of your Jedi could make use of - it's a newly designed piece of technology the republic funded us for. The virtual environment engine can allow you to experience any location on the outer rim that we direct it at as though you were literally there - but we haven't tested it yet. By all reasoning, it's possible one of your Jedi could sense the force out that far if he 'was there', so to speak." Rello explained.

Rhys continued to sense regularities in the force - nothing unusual or sinister.
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2008-09-05 at 09:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Tol Zorrn

"This sounds promising. We'll probably spend a good deal of time with your sensor equipment then. We might need an introduction to it though.", says Tol. "Now do you know anything about the shipwreck we discovered in the system ?"

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That ruined capital ship's been in orbit for a few days now - I have no idea what it's doing up there, but we've taken a close look at it with the sensory equipment, and it's nothing more than a scrap heap that's soaking up our sun. Honestly, it's like winter around here!" Laura complained, shivering and rubbing her forearms.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Rhys

Since he doesn't sense anything untoward Rhys relaxes his vigilance somewhat. "Can you tell us more about this sensor equipment?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Yukiyo

Thank goodness – nothing but ships for her. She busied herself checking sensor logs to see what the ruckus was before landfall. Nothing new really, a deathtrap floating silently in space waiting for someone it would wholly swallow. Refugees and spacers always brought scary stories with just enough truth to make everyone wonder.
    From the main controls she closed and sealed the loading ramp. Now they’d know how hard it was to cut through a ship’s hull with anything different from a giant blaster beam. The communications room worked as security control…

…Ninety nine was what they called it? Yukiyo glanced through all the security cameras and sensors. Internal ones as well as all those external, lest something sneak around the surface of the hull, where it would steal the turbolaser barrels. There was an elevator that raised gunners to their controls and let droids outside.
    After a leisurely stroll there, she used it to climb on the ship. So much tension, so much sound; here it was just quiet. She folded part of her robe so she could sit down. Breathe; all the importance of depth was meaningless. This world, these sounds, all the sensations and illumination at once; breath without noise and presence without seeming to be around. Her eyes were not closed. She opened them wide. It wasn’t a conscious thing, her feelings spilled out. Solitude.

Perception (Ambient Noise)(1d20+8)[14]
    Perception (Notice Targets)(1d20+8)[23]
    Use the Force (Sense Surroundings)(1d20+9)[18]
    Use the Force (Telepathy)(1d20+9)[15]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ugh, sorry for the delays, guys - work-related delays.

"I'd be happy to. What do you want to know?" Laura replied, concerning the inquiries on the sensor equipment.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yen Vass

Following the others out. Yen ventured over to look at the virtual environment machine, trying to get a sense how it worked

know tech - (1d20+8)[23]
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yen - after spending a few minutes finding the machine in the room, the other technicians exchanging odd glances as he bumped his way around them blindly looking for the device - analysed the function of the device. Judging from the features of it, the sensor equipment took full readings of the target area down to the tiniest detail, and then relayed that information directly into the nerve-center of the brain, the senses quite literally being fooled into thinking that the the subject was there.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Rhys

"Does the machine also allow you to sense the Force in those distant places?" Rhys asks Yen after the brief description of what the machine's effect is.