66 23.66%
  • No

60 21.51%
  • I don't know, maybe

153 54.84%
Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Banned

Default Re: VOTE, the Democracy Demon's Devilishly Devious and Decidedly Diabolical Desultory

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    Hey, it's better to spend it now than to have your heirs fighting over it after you die. And you could live off the interest alone from 1 million, so you wouldn't actually have to feel guilty about spending any of it.
    I'd feel guilty about owning that amount of money. There's people who need that amount of money, not just want it...

In short, I wouldn't want to keep it or spend it.

In other news: Why did the cat fall off of the roof?

Because it lost its μ!
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-07-08 at 09:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: VOTE, the Democracy Demon's Devilishly Devious and Decidedly Diabolical Desultory

This is going back a bit, but how can good movies be discussed without the barest mention of the greatest movie ever? Haven't any of you seen Saved!?

More on-topic: I used to find myself getting really bored during holidays, until I discovered the wonders of (a) long-lasting series (Stargate especially), (b) a slightly obsessive personality (I watched Saved! 10 times in two weeks) and most importantly (c) Supernatural. Awesomest show ever on TV. And as much as I support the writers and their descision to go on strike, couldn't they have waited until they'd written all of season 3?
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #153

cool Re: VOTE, the Democracy Demon's Devilishly Devious and Decidedly Diabolical Desultory

Same could be said of badgers. *nods

Oh, and they forgot Dastardly, Derisive, and, 'course, Delicious.
    Last edited by SquirrelKing; 2008-07-08 at 10:36 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

IIRC, the word after Desultory is Derision. Unfortunately the end of the thread title seems to have disappeared again.

5. - Top - End - #155

Ah, well, very good then. Carry on! (Silly title character limits.) And I just realized that a previous RB thread contained Dastardly, though I did not detect Delicious anywhere. However, it's entirely possible that I went selectively blind.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Banned

And now, for something completely different:

USOPP...

NOISE!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    And now, for something completely different:

USOPP...

NOISE!

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I need to be a millionaire
    Me too.
    It's a good thing there's a new/used/discount bookstore in town, or else my booklist would cost even more.
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Em Blackleaf View Post
    USOPP!! SPELL!!

9. - Top - End - #159

That totally makes more sense.
    I've never watched One Piece...

Also, what's your counter counting?
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Banned

Sore wa... Hi-mi-tsu desu.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Em Blackleaf
    Also, what's your counter counting?
    Don't ask him. He'll just tease tease tease. He's happy when we're on our knees.

12. - Top - End - #162

Yeah... See, I go to the library and get books. I really only buy things I would want to read repeatedly or reference.

But that doesn't mean that the list of books I want isn't really long...
    Praise Caine! Hail Sabbat!

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    Don't ask him. He'll just tease tease tease. He's happy when we're on our knees.
    Got it.
    So, I'll stop asking questions now. Because I seem to end up more confused than before...

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Em Blackleaf View Post
    Got it.
    So, I'll stop asking questions now. Because I seem to end up more confused than before...
    It's for the best, the best, the best, the best of you.

P.S. It's good to dare to be stupid.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-07-08 at 11:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

I think I speak for everybody here when I ask:

What the devil are you on about?
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

I don't even know anymore...

So... How is everyone?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm fine thanks. I'm having a few problems with learning how to drive, though (the way my eyes work appears to be having a negative effect on my steering). I just hope that I'm able to pass before I start at university in September. How are you?
    Last edited by Tempest Fennac; 2008-07-09 at 12:36 AM.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

Rather well, thanks! I'll be much better when I go out to play tennis tomorrow morning, however! I didn't get to play today thanks to work. Ratsa fratsa responsibilities!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

ow.

ow ow ow ow ow.

So today, first full day back home since the loverly nuptials, we went and picked up the dog from my son-in-law's mother's place. She was really excited to see us and it was great. We get her home and she's very excited to check out all the fun new stuff we brought back.

Then my fun begins. I'm taking her dog food bin down the stairs into the basement to put it away when Skylar, the cat, decides he needs to be downstairs with me too. He skitters under my left foot about the time I'm ready to hit the fourth step from the top.

Down I go. All the way to the bottom. Arse over tea kettle the whole way. I finally end up at the bottom of the stairs with my face landing first in the dog food bin, thankfully, else it would have been my noggin versus the concrete floor and that wouldn't have been pretty.

I'm lucky I was carrying the food or I'd have busted my head wide open, I'm sure. But man, my left side is sore right now. And that happened about 12 hours ago. I even had to take Alarra's car to work tonight because I couldn't bend my left leg far enough to ride my bike and I sure as hell wasn't going to be able to drive my car, which would have required much downtown clutching, a sure no-go with a bum left knee.

ow.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Banned

I'm okay...

I should start sleeping more regularly though...

Still don't know how I'm gonna' make it to University myself... I don't think I did that well in my exams... Sorta' kinda' did hopelessly...

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    ow.

ow ow ow ow ow.

*snip*

ow.
    Running through Skylar's mind: "That'll teach 'im for being away so long."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds painful, Zeb. Have you had it checked out yet? Knowing what cats are like, that's probably accurate, SquirrelKing. Do you have a back-up plan, Player_Zero?
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

Well, I could always find a really tall building.

...No. No backup.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-07-09 at 12:48 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Drat. If you're not confidant about getting into university, I'd strongly recommend that you start looking at an alternative as soon as possible (could you get in at a university with less strick prequisites through clearing?)
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Banned

Could do. That doesn't mean I want to... I'd rather go to a better university since I consider myself able in my academic abilities...

...Well, not so much being a good student as being intelligent... And not so much intelligent as being good at maths...

I would believe that it'd turn out alright in the end, but I can never look on the bright side when it comes to things that personally affect me.

...And not that it matters when weighed in against anyone else's problems for that matter.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-07-09 at 12:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

I hope everything turns out well. If your grades aren't good enough, can you retake the A Level which you did poorly on at college again?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    ow.

ow ow ow ow ow.

(and so on)
    Gives Zeb a Percocet and a full body pillow to cushion his poor bruised body.

I finally found a group to play D&D with here in Utah. Just had our first session of 4E. I'm da rogue.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Banned

I still haven't even read the rules on 4th Ed... You use powers or some such... That's about all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    I hope everything turns out well. If your grades aren't good enough, can you retake the A Level which you did poorly on at college again?
    I wouldn't.

I shall never go back to that thrice-damned place.

It's not as though I'm looking at bad grade per se, it's just that I only applied to the better universities... I need AAB for my second choice university but I'm more likely to get AAC...

Which is pretty useless for me to be quite fair... The 'A's are from maths, see. The one subject at which I like to believe I'm good.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-07-09 at 01:07 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

AAC should still be able to get you into a descent university if your grades aren't good enough for the ones you applied for (I'm a bit like that with not wanting anything else to do with the schools which I went to).
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Son View Post
    Gives Zeb a Percocet and a full body pillow to cushion his poor bruised body.

I finally found a group to play D&D with here in Utah. Just had our first session of 4E. I'm da rogue.
    Speaking of our lovely thieves, where is I'm da Rogue? Am I just out of the loop, or has she gone missing?

And Zeb, you really should be more careful. We wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you causing our lovely Pudding Goddess to turn into a Death Pudding Goddess.

Also, I just woke up my parents by burning a one-eyed-jack. Fortunately I was able to convince them that my only reason for being awake was food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.