New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1399
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Auromar: Beginnings and Endings (IC4)

Anu
    "Hist, these are exactly the same options I raised with you and everyone else yesterday, after all your revelations," Anura says patiently, though she looks somewhat alarmed at his growing agitation. "I'll remind you that we both agreed to discuss them further as a group yesterday after Reid returned- but instead you sat off by yourself and refused to talk to anyone. And this morning, instead of allowing us to pose some questions to 'Pygas,' as you had agreed to do, you again took yourself away from the rest of us."

"As for what we're going to try to do with the divine energies remaining on the continent, I think the group has already made a decision. But if you are again offering to let us pose some questions to 'Pygas,' then we can certainly wait to attempt a transfer of the divine energies you hold until tomorrow morning. I would certainly rather have his cooperation than otherwise...and I can't channel the energies to Boccob's keeping without your cooperation. Alright?"
    Last edited by guardinal; 2009-02-13 at 06:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

"Actually, I did my prayer kneeling next to Reid, but whatever." Hist shakes his head. "If you will wait until morning once more, I'll relay any questions you may have to Pygas."

"Are we going to make camp then, or are we going to try to travel by foot or spell further? If you remember, you told Silas to wait for us to reach him today. He may continue on if you don't contact him." Hist does stop pacing, but still seems to be restless.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

3. - Top - End - #1173

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura pulls out the amber stone and casts 'gemjump' on it.

"We have a couple options. I...or Reid, perhaps...can try to contact Silas and let him know we'll catch up to him tomorrow. I can try to teleport all of us to Silas where Silas was yesterday evening, if someone rides in a haversack. Or I can try to teleport to him there, and invite him to join us as we continue on. Returning here wouldn't be a problem, if I leave this amber stone as an anchor."

EDIT: Anura looks at Hist. "Either way, we'd probably still have to track him down. I didn't ask him to sit around all day waiting for us; I just said there was a chance we'd make a teleport attempt. When we didn't show up yesterday or this morning I would guess he continued on."
    Last edited by guardinal; 2009-02-13 at 06:30 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid frowns.

"Anura, you seem to be assuming that Silas will have any interest in travelling with us. I think he was quite explicit in his desire to head off on his own pilgrimage. Did your conversation with him last night give you any indication to the contrary? Don't get me wrong - given all of the revelations of the last couple days, there may be a great deal to speak with him about. For instance, I believe I may have an apology to make to him regarding the existence of his god.

"But Anura, are you sure that he wants anything to do with us?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #1175

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura also frowns.

"I'm not assuming anything of the sort. He agreed to stay in one place for a while so I could study his surroundings for a teleport, but he certainly didn't seem particularly interested to learn that we are trying to hunt down the elf. And I haven't told him we're heading to the Most Hallowed Grounds, or any of the revelations about Hist.

"But whatever else he is, Silas is capable and powerful, and he is trying to unravel the same mysteries that we are. I'd like to share a bit about what we've uncovered and see if he would be interested in helping us with this elf. Perhaps we can then journey together to the Grounds. If he would rather stick to himself and his own personal quest, that's fine with me. Or if the group would rather leave him alone now, and just get on with what we need to do, that's also fine with me.

"How would you like us to proceed, Reid?"

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground

Uri

Tactically, I believe the wisest choice would be to hunt down this summoner villain. he knows that we are dangerous and is a danger to us in many ways. First and foremost he is a danger to Hist as he has demonstrated knowledge of who Hist is. As well as the fact that he most likely carries a vendetta against you folk for his defeat in Incrucio.

Silas on the other hand is not currently a threat but may be in the near future. If we deal with Silas first we are opening our backs to a known enemy to try and find out if another is an enemy. In some situations this would be acceptable, but the known enemy has shown that he is powerful enough to harm this group. He killed two of our numbers, yes one rose again, but there is no reason to believe that that may happen another time.

As for the curse energy situation, is is of tactical need that Hist does not pass the energy to Pygas for a few reasons. First of all, I do not trust that Pygas will be recieving a full share of the energies if Hist still carries some connection to this Scholar entity. Next of all I think that Hist may become more and more damaged the more of this divine energy he holds, I remember old stories of mortal attempting to claim the divine spark and perishing in horrible ways because of it. Honestly though it seems that Hist's decision in this is the only one that matters. Only he can absorb the energy and pass it on to another. Not any of us.
    The knight stands grimly watching the faces and reactions of Hist as he speaks.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Troll in the Playground

"I doubt the wise and powerful Boccob would have left that out for Anura." Hist says sarcastically. "At least for any other fonts of my God's power we come across."
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

8. - Top - End - #1178

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greyen View Post
    "Honestly though it seems that Hist's decision in this is the only one that matters. Only he can absorb the energy and pass it on to another. Not any of us."
    Anu
    Anura clears her throat.
    "My apologies for the confusion, Saer Uri. Boccob's blessing does allow me to collect and channel the energies we encounter to Boccob. What we are asking Hist's cooperation for is to channel the energies that he has already absorbed."

Anura looks around with a sigh. "So Reid's spell has run its course, and we're in no hurry to meet up with Silas after all, it seems. So I'll attempt my divination now. Alright?"

Assuming there are no objections, Anura moves a short distance apart, seats herself, and begins spellcasting, pulling out a scroll before she begins. As she begins the second casting, the scroll suddenly flares into blue fire and collapses into ash.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anura first casts 'Rary's arcane conversion' to swap out 'fireball' with 'divination,' and then casts 'divination' (84% chance of success). She will burn a scroll of alarm (25gp value) as the sacrifice.
    (1d100)[27]

Will send details via PM.

9. - Top - End - #1179

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura returns to the group after about ten minutes.

"I have confirmed that the energies Hist has absorbed can be channeled safely to Boccob's keeping...if Hist and the divine spark are willing to release the energies. Neither I, nor Hist, nor the divine spark would be harmed during the transfer. There would be a 'loss' of some kind. As I mentioned before, the divine spark in Hist will be weakened if this energy is removed...it will dwindle back to what it was before Hist began absorbing the evil divine energies. I believe that is what the 'loss' refers to."
    Last edited by guardinal; 2009-02-14 at 08:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys

The binder holds up a hand and looks at the wizard with his crooked smile. "Anura? Devil's advocate here: Might weakenin' Pygas at this time present an opportunity fer Tha Scholar ta strike?"
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

11. - Top - End - #1181

DruidGuy

Anu
    "Of course I don't know what the Scholar can or can't do,” Anura says as patiently as she can. “In particular we don’t know the extent of his influence over Hist or the divine spark he holds. That is why I think we should at least move the divine energies out of the Scholar’s reach, even though it seems we can’t risk transferring the divine spark too. Those energies can be channeled back, if in the end that is what we decide needs to be done.”

She turns to Hist. "Hist, this issue is moot anyway without your cooperation. Will you agree to let us pose questions to Pygas tomorrow morning? And to ask for His permission to let Boccob safeguard the divine energies you now hold? You and the god you serve have asked an extraordinary level of trust from us. I think it is fair to ask some degree of cooperation in return."
    Last edited by guardinal; 2009-02-15 at 11:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Annnd it's Sunday. Hist is now offically a DMPC until such time as I manage to crit his head off.

"I'll relay your questions, Anura. Although I don't think Pygas will agree to giving up what he currently has, he may agree about any new curse energy we come across." Hist states, looking directly at Anura.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do we want to go ahead and skip to morning so you all can pose questions? I know nothing else will probably get done this night until we do so.

Don't be stupid.

13. - Top - End - #1183

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura nods. "Thank you." She looks around at the others.

"If we're making camp here tonight then I will summon another shelter for us. I also suggest we resume setting watches during the night. Ok?"

EDIT: She turns back to Hist. "Will this be like a conversation, or will Pygas simply be able to give us 'yes and no' answers, as if with a 'commune' spell? If the latter, how many questions can we ask?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jumping ahead is fine with me, Lochar.

I don't know that we ever set a formal watch schedule. Do we need to do so?
    Last edited by guardinal; 2009-02-15 at 03:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid remains a bit tense as he watches Hist for lapses of violent tendancies. He hoped and prayed for the man's salvation...but enjoying the sun did not mean ignoring the shadow.

Spoiler
    Show
    OK to advance. Again, sorry for the spotty posting.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

"I can speak with him directly, no just questions with yes or no answers. It is his choice to answer me, however." Hist says quietly.

Hist is quiet for the rest of the night, taking whatever watch is given to him, although it is quiet all night as well.

In the morning, a few minutes before daybreak starts, Hist looks at you all. "I have to pray to Pygas to speak with him. Ask me the questions, and I will pass them along. Then I'll tell you what he says."

Hist kneels down, one knee in the dirt, the other propped up to where he can rest his arms on, and places his head on top of his hands, his eyes closing.

Don't be stupid.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys

Grazys watches his friend commune with his god, curiosity warring with embarrasment at intruding on such a private moment.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid kneels placidly near Hist. He felt like a voyeur. His own prayers to Pelor were such intensely private talks; this felt like such a violation.

Reid's mind swirled with questions about the divine spark, the future of Pygas, and their task at hand...which is why his first question proved as much a surprise to him as anyone.

"Is there anything that Pygas can tell us about the Scholar?"

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Troll in the Playground

Hist nods slightly at Reid's words as he continues his prayers for a moment. Then answers quietly. "He is a Demon Lord, restricted to his own plane without a very powerful summons."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+19)[25] to hold something back.

Don't be stupid.

19. - Top - End - #1189

DruidGuy

OOC Lochar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the hours remaining, in her conjured hut, Anura begins work to add the powers of a ‘dispelling cord’ to her vestment (item from MIC; 750xp in materials; 60xp; 2 days (4 days if working 'on the side')).

As late as possible that evening before going to sleep, Anura casts ‘dragonsight,’ ‘overland flight,’, ‘heart of earth,’ and ‘heart of fire’ on herself, extending each spell with her recaster ability. (so the duration of each spell will be 24hours).

In the morning Anura casts ‘divine insight’ (14h) before moving to stand with those interested in questioning Pygas. As Reid begins with his own questions, she listens quietly, and focuses her mind to be more aware.

Spoiler
    Show
    activates 'enhance attribute' to gain +2Wis for 5min
    sense motive check: (1d20+13)[33]

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Troll in the Playground

Anura:
    Spoiler
    Show

You sense Hist hesitate at the end of his statement, almost saying something else, but he doesn't.

Don't be stupid.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys

The binder looks puzzled at Hist's short reply. "That's all he said?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SenseMotive - (1d20+11)[30]

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Spoiler
    Show
    As noted elsewhere, Sense motive: (1d20+19)[34]

Reid nods faintly.

"Was the Scholar connected to The One - and if so how?"

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Troll in the Playground

Hist continues to pray for a few moments. "They had a bargain between the two of them." Hist says after a few moments, ignoring questions about his previous answer.

Grazys:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel something tugging at you, spiritually.

Don't be stupid.

24. - Top - End - #1194

DruidGuy

Anura remains silent, watching and listening.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Kjapp

Kjapp watches with interest and listens carefully, though is oblivious to any deceptions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive(1d20+2)[7] Yeah...+2, Hist could bluff him all day.
    Last edited by Greymist; 2009-02-18 at 01:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Bugbear in the Playground

Uri

Uri watches silently, standing by.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive (1d20+12)[15]
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys

Grazys closes his eyes a moment in concentration.

OOC ALL:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excepting Kjapp , are we the wrong group to try and lie to, or what?

Lochar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh? Whassat? Focus on the tugging.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Troll in the Playground

Grazys:
    Spoiler
    Show

The tugging seems to be spiritual in nature, that place in your soul where you keep your faith.

It seems to be drawing strength from you. Nothing that harms you, just drawing strength from your faith.

Anura:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hist has answered as much as he's going to with Reid unless he has another question, so go ahead and ask yours.

Don't be stupid.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys

After a moment, the binder nods and looks back at Hist with a smile on his face. "C'mon, mate, give us all of it. No holdin' back!"

Lochar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mentally pump the faith onward.

30. - Top - End - #1200

DruidGuy

Anura raises one eyebrow and looks to Hist.