New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1399
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Auromar: Beginnings and Endings (IC4)

Hist shakes his head slightly. "Later." he says, still focused on his prayers.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys

Grazys kneels beside the warlock, in imitation of his pose. "Right, mate! Sorry!" He bows his head and closes his eyes and silently mouths the words to a prayer.

Lochar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, there, Pygas! Dunno if I get a direct link like Hist, but I thought I'd let ya know I really appreciate tha second chance ya've gotten me. I'll do my best ta help ya out in tha future, 's long as ya continue ta stand fer justice an' fairness fer all folk, of any type. I'm not really inta all tha formal wordin' of tha priests I used ta be under at Heironeous' temple, but I hope this serves!
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura sighs.

"Hist, I have a few other questions, but this is the most pressing. I ask that you relay my words and any response just as you hear them, so there is no confusion or misinterpretation."

Spoiler
    Show
    Anura pauses when needed, so that Hist can relay her words.

“We, the five companions of Your Herald, are concerned that the Scholar is apparently seeking to attain divinity himself, perhaps by assuming the mantle of ‘the One’.

"We fear that the Scholar can still claim the energies and the divine spark Your Herald holds- either through Your Herald’s death or by some other means because of his bond with Your Herald.

"We ask for Your permission and cooperation to channel the energies Your Herald has absorbed to Boccob’s realm. Boccob will hold those energies entrusted to Him, just as Pelor holds other energies, while we seek to unravel the truth about the relationship between You, the One, and the Scholar, and what must be done to heal the continent of Auromar. There they will be beyond the reach of the Scholar or anyone else who might seek to use them.

"We know that this would weaken You. Yet surely it is just and right to ask for You to assume some risk in this matter, in order for us to assure that the Scholar will not claim these energies. You and your Herald have asked us to take extraordinary risks- to forgive the horrific crimes and atrocities Your Herald has committed, to commit treason against every lawful authority of our world by protecting him, and to help restore You to divinity- an entity whose champion blighted a continent and plunged the world into a thousand years of war. Surely it is just and right to ask that You trust us in return.

"If in the end this group determines that Your restoration to divinity is just and right, then those energies and all the other energies we collect will be channeled back to You. Will You and your Herald agree to this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy check, trying to make as reasonable a case as possible...to Hist, anyway. (1d20+15)[21]
    Last edited by guardinal; 2009-02-20 at 04:43 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

Grazys:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel a pulse of energy at your prayers. Both draining and filling you, although more draining than filling at this point.

Others with any type of divine connection (Do we even have any left that aren't somehow connected with the divine?):
    Spoiler
    Show

There is a flicker of energy that sparks from Grazys to Hist, divine in nature.

Hist smiles at Anura's questions, and opens his eyes. There is a flicker of energy behind them, recognizable to all as something divine.

"You raise good points, knowledgeable one. And you ask Us with respect. Thus will you be given respect in return. We will accede to your requests, so long as you all will agree that any new powers from worshippers are let to Us, such as what the prayers and belief of Grazys gives to Us."

Hist's body seems to be shaking in place, and Grazys is sweating a bit.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

5. - Top - End - #1205

DruidGuy

Anu
    A little surprised at the response, Anura recovers quickly and bows.

"I will not interfere with any new powers granted to You through worship. Thank you for your cooperation."

Anura looks to the others to see if any object or dissent, then she continues.

"I have a few other questions, if there is yet time to ask them."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Asking each question in turn, to be relayed through Hist if necessary, after the previous question is answered.

“Do you believe that Your restoration to divinity is necessary to prevent the Scholar from ascending to divinity?”

“Were you...or your darker incarnation...aware that Histcantos was created by the Scholar to be a weapon against the One when he was elevated to the Order of Camerion, and imbued with Your divine spark?”

“If You have once more become a god of pure Law, why did You choose Hist, a chaotic individual, as Your Herald?"

“Did You have any dealings with the Scholar before Your corruption?”

“What was the nature of the Scholar’s bargain with the One, that Histcantos mentioned earlier?”

“According to Your Law, were Randolf and his followers in Incrucio guilty of a terrible crime when they took the bodies of innocent people against their will, and cast their spirits out to wither away? Or did the need to impose the Law of Pygas on Incrucio justify their actions?”

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Need some dice...
    (5d100)[11][37][67][51][51](217)

As Pygas continues to answer questions, both Grazys and Hist become more and more sapped of strength.

"As much as We would like to say yes, that is not the case. But the one you refer to as the Scholar can ascend so long as he does hold Our energy."

"We were aware of conditions on the prices we had paid with the demon lord, but We did not know that Histantos was to be their chosen method of forcing Our breaking of a Compact. One Born of the Light and Draw into Our Law, already bound to the Darkness of the Daemon which turns against Us."

Grazys lets out a low moan, before passing out, a sheen of sweat on his head. He still breathes.

"Neither my Herald nor my few worshippers have the strength to support my voice in life for long. We chose Histantos because he was Kariost. He carried the largest spark of Our divine Will after We were cleansed in Pyros."

Hist drops his hands to the ground. "We have no more energy, but you may ask of Histantos and we will give him the answer, even should he be unconscious. But only while the sun has yet to crest the sky completely."

At Pygas' last words, Hist falls beside Grazys, both completed drained from bearing the Will of Pygas.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2009-02-20 at 05:31 PM.

Don't be stupid.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Kjapp

Kjapp looks at Hist and Grazy's curiously shortly after their combined prayers begin and then with some astonishment as he feels the divine flicker in them.

When Grazy's collapses Kjapp moves to his side to confirm he is still alive but keeps a keen ear on what is being said from Hist's mouth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal: (1d20+7)[9] possibly un-needed but still checking.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Troll in the Playground

Grazys is breathing easily, but is unconscious.

((Further checks on Hist reveal the same thing))

Don't be stupid.

9. - Top - End - #1209

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura watches with concern as the two men collapse and Kjapp checks them over.

"Well, that was...unexpected. Are they ok, Kjapp?"

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Kjapp

Kjapp nods at Anura, "They seem fine apart from being unconscious"

He stands after checking both Hist and Grazy over."Well that was definitely an experience, do you have any more questions you're going to place to Pygas?"

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Uri

Uri watches the exchange with the voice and Hist. He steadies himself and furrows his brow for a moment staring at Hist and Grazys as the voice and consciousness pass from them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Evil on those two now that the divine has marked them. Uri doesn't want a direct view of what he suspects is Evil incarnate. He doesn't want to go blind, but if there is some residue of evil left by the divine presence then Uri wants to know.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

12. - Top - End - #1212

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greymist View Post
    Kjapp

Kjapp nods at Anura, "They seem fine apart from being unconscious"

He stands after checking both Hist and Grazy over."Well that was definitely an experience, do you have any more questions you're going to place to Pygas?"
    Anu
    "Nothing I haven't already asked."

Anura glances towards the eastern sky checking on the sun's progress.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground

Anura:
    Spoiler
    Show

Technically, you didn't get a chance to ask Pygas those last couple questions because he answered them as you were asking.

But I'll consider them asked. :P

Uri:
    Spoiler
    Show

Neither of them detect as evil, or anything in the area either.

Don't be stupid.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid crouches by Hist before shifting to Grazys, trying to determine whether anything he could do would assist them.

"Shh. Brave men. Rest a bit. Rest."

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal checks for the two. (1d20+13)[25], (1d20+13)[23]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

15. - Top - End - #1215

Uri

There is no stench of evil on them after being touched by their god. Hmmm. Maybe Pygas has changed his spots. Uri says keeping an eye on the horizon and the area while the others are focused on Hist and Grazys.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Troll in the Playground

It's about ten minutes until the sun completely breaks the horizon.

Reid still hasn't begun his prayers yet, since he was questioning Hist, and now is checking on them. Both Hist and Grazys are unconscious, but don't seem to be in any particular pain.

Don't be stupid.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Rising from Grazys' side, Reid shrugs.

"Their distress is of a spiritual, rather than a purely physical nature, I believe. If you will excuse me, I will need to spend some time in prayer in preparation for another day of travel today."

He steps away to another area, facing eastward to meditate and fortify himself for the day.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2009-02-21 at 07:09 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

18. - Top - End - #1218

Uri

Uri moves off and begins his prayers for the day also. Drawing his massive black bladed greatsword and bowing with it to the sun itself he begins a complex set of martial katas. His eyes closed and face troubled.

@Lochar
    Spoiler
    Show

Uri's prayer this morning.

Great Lord of the Sun,
    Bringer of Light, Savior of all.
    With out you we would have no food, for all food comes from the sun.
    The great circle of life is as it ever was, thanks to you.
    Please carry me in your mind and strengthen my arms.
    Allow me to be your sword of justice and truth in the world.

Lord,
    It is as you have said,
    the trials of this land will carry hard decisions.
    Troubled lines that swim across the gray shadows of life.
    Please help me carry your light into those shadows,
    Bring the stark brilliance of your truth to those there.

You servants and I go to assist the servant of Boccob,
    and the servant of your fallen enemy Pygas.
    Help me see into the darkness with in them to discern their true selves.
    Guide my blade to sunder the curse of this land.

I am your servant.
    I am at your mercy.
    I am but one blade among many.
    I am humbled before your might.

I am a Knight of the Evening Star, one of the select warriors of the Shining One.
    I will serve the church and its emmisaries, I will obey the directives of my Order.
    I will defend the people, heal them when they are wounded, and defend them from the forces of darkness.
    I will uphold the qualities of light; truth, freedom, and peace.
    I will never stand aside in the face of danger.
    I will never allow the dead to walk in unlife.
    I will not suffer minions of evil.
    I am the epitome of Light in the Darkness. I will be ready to carry the torch into the deepest pits and lead the war against evil. Tyranny and chaos will fall before me. I will maintain myself, my armor, and my weapons for the call to arms.
    I am a guardian of the people and the land.
    I am the first star before dusk, and the last star leading the dawn.
    I am a Knight of the Evening Star.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2009-02-22 at 02:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1219

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura looks to Kjapp. "I can watch them, if you need to pray as well."

She sits down to watch and wait.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Kjapp

Kjapp nods at Anura and starts walking towards a horizon while in prayer, he arrives back at a jog a little over an hour later.

Lochar
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is my/Kjapp's opinion that the current divine atmosphere is something that Fharlanghn would be fairly uninvolved with, hence not bringing the 1 level of cleric to bear :P Though I'll throw out a K:Religion roll if it would correct that opinion:

K:Religion[roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by Greymist; 2009-02-23 at 09:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

It takes a little under two hours before Grazys and Hist rouse. Both look weary when they do, but don't feel any lingering effects.

Hist walks to Anura and quietly speaks to her.

Anura:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hist's voice is tired as he relates to you your answers. "My Lord had no dealings with the Scholar before his corruption. The bargain between them was for forces additional to his own, daemons and devils of moderate power to serve as troops until he had managed to create an army large enough to be unchallenged."

"As for Incrocio" Hist sighs. "Lord Pygas believes it was a combination of the curse and his own teachings that caused that. He does not condemn it now, nor would he before the curse."

Don't be stupid.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys

The binder rises and tilts his head to the sides, as if working out a kink in his neck, he then stretches and arches his back before rolling his shoulders and popping his knuckles, wrists, and elbows.

"That was...odd..." Grazys says with his crooked grin.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

23. - Top - End - #1223

DruidGuy

Anu
    "I see." Anura is quiet for a while. "Well, we seem to have a clear answer on the divine energies, at least. Whenever you are ready, we can begin."

24. - Top - End - #1224

Uri

Having finished his own prayers, Uri says I'll stand watch.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground

Hist looks at Anura, his face calm. "I can do it now. Best to do it and get it out of the way, right?"

Closing his eyes, Hist holds up his hand. Gray and black flames begin to lick his fingertips, burning brightly even in the morning sunlight. Hist holds his coldly burning hand out to Anura to grasp it. "Both myself and Lord Pygas are trusting you, Anura. Please don't break that trust."

Don't be stupid.

26. - Top - End - #1226

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura prepares herself to channel the divine energies and takes Hist's hand.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Troll in the Playground

Anura:
    Spoiler
    Show

Grabbing Hist's hand, you can feel the well of energy he is offering to you. It stretches deep into him, and you can actually meta-physically see the end of that well, where it still connects to Pygas.

You begin to draw the energy in, feeling it drain from his as the flames flicker around his hand. The energy goes through you and into you, finding the connection you have to the holding realm and entering that location.

You draw more energy than you would think existed in the small amounts of curse energy that Hist has already drawn off, before begin suddenly cutoff.

As the flames die around Hist's hands, you realize he kept just a little energy in comparison to the large amount you were given.

Don't be stupid.

28. - Top - End - #1228

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura waits a long moment to ensure that the energy has been channeled to Boccob, then closes the connection.

"Thank you, Hist. I know you had your doubts about this," she says sincerely.

When the others have completed their prayers and all have regrouped, Anura clears her throat.

"So, from the map, and what Reid reported yesterday, it looks like around midday we might be close enough to attempt a teleport to where the elf was two days ago. Would you all prefer that, or would you rather we just try to push through for another day without teleporting? I still can't teleport everyone, though, unless someone rides in a haversack. If we don't want to try a teleport, then after Reid's spell has run its course then we can use a 'shadow walk' spell to march on, nearly as fast, for as long as we want to.

Whatever we decide, I think we don't want to confront this elf at night. If he's bound to a yeth hound then daylight will put him at a disadvantage."
    Last edited by guardinal; 2009-02-24 at 12:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The priest is glad that Grazys and Hist have recovered in the time it's taken him to pray and prepare, but he remains concerned. What kind of god is this, that sucks the energy from his followers just to have a conversation? Pelor clearly saw more than Reid would ever be able to.

Reid nodded as Anura laid out the course of action.

"That makes excellent sense, Anura. If we travel on the winds today, perhaps we can proceed with this walking in shadows -"

He pauses, clearly less comfortable with the associations of such travel.

"- tomorrow.

"I'm not familiar with such things - would we know when we were close to our destination while walking in shadow? or would it become safer to travel, for instance, with those horses that you were able to conjure when we went to the forest the first time, Anura? I suspect that Uri and perhaps Kjapp, with his great speed, wouldn't need the horses, leaving just the four of us in need of steeds."

30. - Top - End - #1230

DruidGuy

Anu
    "At the border of the plane of Shadow we would have only a vague sense of our surroundings. The spell will work for long-distance travel but not for scouting...at some point we'd have to return to our plane and look around. We'd need at least one more of your enhanced 'circle dance' castings for that. But I prepared the 'shadow walk' spell so that we could try to get ourselves as close as possible to the elf's location...say, within an hour or two of further travel...today, after your 'wind walk' has expired, so that we would be in close enough to find and ambush him tomorrow.

As for the conjured horses, that is certainly an option I'm weighing for tomorrow. It will depend on how close we get today."