New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Another God Game [IC]

mear minutes after the Allwyrm leaves, the pilars of the citadel explode, destroying the forge under its weight ...
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

The Allwyrm, who now was furious, snapped back into his Lair.

What is this mischief? The Raven Lord will pay for this! I will raise a thousand forges, I will spawn innumerable legions of demons, for the Raven Lord must die! Mark my words, you impostrous god of death! I will not rest until you lie crushed beneath my talons! Agrob'l! Nifl! Your time has come sooner than I expected! Prepare for war, prepare the legions of my elementals!

The Allwyrm focused all the energies of the Ravenreapers. On the mortal plane, the Reapers erupted with wild energies, and absorbed several more ravens. With his divine powers, he molded the ravens himself into lots and lots of small (about human-sized), demonic creatures, armed with crude weapons.

I may not have my forge at the moment, but I can still create minor demonspawn! My warlords, prepare your men! Be ready when I summon you!

The Allwyrm split himself in twain, and ported one part to Karos's abode, and one to the Tower of Law. He spoke the same message to both:

The Raven Lord has committed an abohorrable sin! That vile creature has dared strike at me on my home plane! This means war! I have my Legions prepared! He will not get away with this!
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-24 at 11:19 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Arx

The gates of the Hearthold swung open. Arx stood before the Raven Lord and gestured for him to come in. Walking beside the death god, Arx spoke

Hail and well met. I am Arx, and you, I presume are a fellow god, I presume. Who are you, and what brings you to my humble abode/.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Just outside the Hearthold, the Air Dragon spied on the events.

So our target has been invited by that god, huh? Yes, the one who so gracefully provided us with the Hatchlings, ehehehe...

The Air Dragon turned himself into a gentle breeze, and swooped down towards Arx.

Take care, master!, the breeze whispered to Arx. He is a deceiver, a vile being, who seeks to destroy us all!
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-24 at 11:28 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Colossus in the Playground

The Raven Lord

Stepping into Arx' fortress, the Raven Lord spoke:
    "Be greeted, Arx, and blessed be your fortess. I am the one they call the Raven Lord. Death is my Domain and Essence.
    I am here today, because I need your help. I have created servants, the Wraith, to guide the dead of all species to my realm, where they can rest for eternity. But now, it seems, another god is hunting them, taking them prisoner and warping their essence into a new and destructive shape.
    I will, of course, not stand by and let this happen, and for this purpose, I have begun the creation of a weapon."

The Raven Lord presents the grey and nebulous shape of his scythe to the fellow god, the dull and black blade adorned with the letters MEMENTO MORI, glowing in blue fire.
    "It contains three powerful essences as it's raw materials: the shadows of dusk give it shape, the fires of the spirit well, to guide it's strike, and the spark of the first act of destruction brought upon this world, to lend it power.
    But, alas, I am no smith, and can not perfect this weapon. You, however, are a god of craftsmen and artificers, and creator of the mightiest smiths amongst the mortals. If you are willing to help me with this creation, you may name whatever reward you desire."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

The incorporeal Air Dragon continued to whisper:

Don't you see, master? He will use that weapon to destroy you!
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-24 at 11:37 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Lailoken then constructed his own realm. The Fane of Purity. The realm had created a celestial race called the Sophia. The Sophia were white winged, brilliantly shining beings with great power. Then, he created the Magni. The celestials. Beings of pure, inner strength. Holy aura of absolute serenity and solemnity permeated the place.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Notion, to Raven Lord and Arx

An explosion of birds and birdsong ring through Arx's chamber as Notion appears again, and this time the speaker amongst the rabble is a small bird with long tailfeathers, all purple and black like a bad wound.

"Perhaps, even greater to work into the blade than the first destruction may yet be the first destroyer. He sleeps under my spell in penance, dreaming in the ash he himself made. Among all the rabbling horde of divinity, mark this: the two of you alone have not earned the scorn of life."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground

Karos spoke to the Allwyrm through the shadows. "It is too soon! I have not amassed enough soul energy to create the minions I need! I would gladly aid you in your struggle, Allwyrm, but I need souls!"

His voice calms down. "So I offer a bargain. Give me what I need. Give me the souls of some of your cultists, that I might fashion them into a being of the darkest shadow."

"The Raven Lord would not commit something like this. It smacks of...non-neutrality. He must have allies of his own. Go carefully, Allwyrm. They may be intentionally provoking you to strike before we are fully prepared."

In his dark fortress, Umbranox, Karos began to shape what souls he had. It was not enough for what he envisioned, but it would be valuable nonetheless.
    Last edited by Arioch; 2008-07-24 at 01:01 PM.
    Necromancer avvie by Thecrimsonmage.

You don't kill the purple necromancer. The purple necromancer kills you, and uses your corpse as a draught excluder.

According to Player_Zero, I'm made entirely out of bees. Go figure.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Now the Allwyrm was amused again, for some reason.

I accept your generous bargain, my friend.

He then pointed his finger at the general direction of the Temple of the Conclave, sending out a dark beam that immediately killed all Hatchlings inside and transformed their souls into a bleak sphere.

I'll always find new ones. Here you go!
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-24 at 01:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Lailoken began to fashion what would become another race. From marble he finely crafted the forms of men and women. From roses made them fine wreaths to wear. From his breath he gave them mighty wisdom and power. He enchanted them from a mystic pool of energy made from his sweat, and the mystic water from the clouds. The final act caused them to awaken.

He called this race, the Memunim. They would die at a thousand years old. They possessed a tiny amount of divine power, like an entire race of mystics.

12. - Top - End - #132

"Thank you, Allwyrm. By the way, I noticed you spoke to a newcomer. A traveller of sorts. Would he be useful to us?"

Karos now spoke to Talarius, in the tower of Law. "It appears our friend is preparing for war, Talarius. I need more souls to keep up my end of our bargains. So I make you a proposition. Find a place in the world where sin is rife, and raze it to the ground! Give me what I need, so I can fashion a being of ultimate justice!"

You don't kill the purple necromancer. The purple necromancer kills you, and uses your corpse as a draught excluder.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know really. Strange guy. I think he made his own plane. Now, I must go back to my home to oversee my Legion.

((This will be my last post for the day (which ends in about 3H 45M), 'cause I'm going to see the new Batman film. See ya!))
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-07-24 at 01:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

The Raven Lord

"Notion. So you, too, have arrived. It is good that you are here, because the balance between life and death may be shifting."
    He then thinks about Notions proposal.
    "The essence of the First destroyer is a mighty one indeed, and three gods should be able to draw upon it. Uniting the Destroyer and that which was destroyed in the same blade will give it balance. This, we should do."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Arx

Arx's brow furrowed as he heard the sibilant voice of the air dragon. His eyes narrowed and he turned, brandishing his staff, the tip of which glowed with a pure white radiance. I can sense thy corruption on the air. your fair mask might hide the truth from others, but by the light of the Heart, I see through thy deceptions. Begone from my realm!

With a sudden flash of light, the air crackled with power as the wyrm found itself hurled from the Hearthold, the very dimension itself sealed against its invasions. With another gesture, of his staff. Arx wove powerful wards - too many gods had been able to enter his domain without permission. Now that was remedied - no creature could enter without his permission, the raw force of True Magic blocking their entry. And so too, the Hearthold was now warded from the sight of others, so that none could spy on Arx in his home unawares.

He turned back to the Raven Lord, nodding I too have felt a force - a corrupt and twisting force - perverting some of my creations. I have seen much in the Eye - something has turned some of my children, warped their forms to its own ends. I will give you what you ask. Come.

He beckoned to both of the gods, speaking to Notion as he ascended to the topmost tower, into his private workshop. I thank you for your words, notion - I am a creator, yet sometimes destruction must be used to foster the greater good - the cancer must be excised for the host to live. But destruction and corruption should never be brought without great need.

Reaching the forge, Arx set the blade of the scythe to the anvil and began to work. The hammer, a glowing instrument of blue metal, lifted itself as the hammer rang down on the anvil. As he he worked, Arx passed his staff thrice over the scythe, and each time it grew brighter, clearer, more defined.

First, I grant this blade the edge of finality. Nothing made by hand of man or god shall stop its swift descent. Spell and metal, flesh and bone shall it cut with equal alacrity and skill With the first pass, the edge of the blade took on sharpness and definition, the edge gleaming wierdly as it cut the very light itself.

Second, this blade shall be used by thee and thee alone. No hand will lift it save thine, and it will return to thee always when called At this the haft was round wound with runes, skulls, omegas and stylized ravens adorning the hilt.

Third, your scythe shall never harm that which though does not wish, and shall never cut that which thou hast no mind to rend. With the third pass, the entire weapon glowed with a fierce black radiance which, rather than giving out light, seemed to drink it in. And there was another thing, woven so skillfully as to be unseeable, a simple item of insurance - the blade would not harm Arx, nor those he wished protected from its bite.

Great is the power of this thing that I have wrought, and so great is the responsibility laid in your hands. my price is simple - to those whom I wish, to my chosen, I ask to give the exemption from death, that they might join me evermore in my halls to serve me and rejoice with me for all eternity, and that they might be my emissaries when I have need of them in the world of the living.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2008-07-24 at 01:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

The Raven Lord

The Raven Lord nodded.
    "You have created a masterwork, and one of a quality the world has never seen. And yet, you ask a small price...
    It has always been the case that I did not take those who belonged, in mind and deed and heart, to another god or cause. I take those who wish eternal rest, or have no wish to go elsewhere.
    I thank thee, arx for this weapon, and will use it wisely, to destroy only that, which threatens balance."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Arx

Arx merely smiled I ask only a light price, because I think that the way you will use my creation will be payment enough for my effort in forging it.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

OOC:
    Lailoken waited patiently outside Arx'es realm, eating what appeared to be some kind of meat, dripping with sauce. The bag he held the food said "Panda Express". Soon, after taking his first bite, he put the food down on the table he materialized from thin air. Lailoken then began playing cards as he ate with invisible servants. He took a sip of fine beverage, from a plastic bottle, labeled "Coke Zero."

"Hmmm....."Lailoken pondered,"I wonder if these things actually exist, somewhere far off, or perhaps from a different time."

IC:
    Lailoken waited patiently for Arx. He ate what appeared to be ham. It was roasted. Hm.... Materialized out of thin air, he had what was a fork and knife, laying the meat on a plate.(Is that better?)
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-07-24 at 02:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Notion

The confusion of birds all grow to the size of swans, still colored brightly and in mismatched fashion. The horde of Notion swarms over the scythe, each touching the blade of it lightly with feathered wings. A faint rainbow, fragile like seafoam, washes over it.

"Our gift is neither great nor terrible, but a simple charge: we are the connections of life. We are the threaded web, the breathing tapestry. To this blade we give restraint and mercy: should you wish it, a single strike may be the snuffing of a candle, or it may simply take: years, eons. With it, may autumn be as much your tool as the cold death of winter."

And with that sentiment, a single gray goose descends from the flock and addresses Arx:

"We apologize for our earlier intrusions. We are not used to the idea of privacy, singularity. So many hearts beating, so many living at once together and apart. I have never felt or known death,"
    it says, turning now to the Raven Lord, "but I can sense it, on the edge of possibility: a great lack of life."

With those words, the birds disappear in a flash of feathers, leaving behind only a single blue pinion.

20. - Top - End - #140

The Raven Lord

Holding his new weapon for the first time, the Raven Lord spoke:
    "It is perfected. It's name shall be Penumbra, and I shall now use it for the first time."
    Swinging it's glaive-like blade in the air, just above the ground, he remarked:
    "And for such a weapon, only one first victim can be fitting: the one that shall strenghten it's power."
    And with those words he vanished into the dusk that was still trailing behind him, as his cloak, reappearing again at the edge of the crater of the first destruction, then, scythe raised, he approached the sleeping dragon of elemental fire and destruction.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-07-24 at 02:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Arx

Arx smiled. He sensed the coming storm in his very essence - but now he had allies, strong allies to weather it. Wandering to the forges of his craft-born children, he looked down over their work - ranks of gleaming metal, mithril and adamantine, carved in the shape of tall, elegant warriors - few in number, but great in potence - leading vast armies of iron and steel, gleaming soldiers of metal - blank slates, controlled only by his divine will, weapons waiting for the call to war.

22. - Top - End - #142

He was stronger now; much stronger than he had been to begin with. His collection of souls was growing. But he needed more. He needed to be sure he was safe in the coming battle, which would come sooner than he would have liked. Hmm.

He was safe from living creatures, that was certain. No mortal being could enter Umbranox and live. Before that, they had to cross the oceans that separated him from all other land. Still, there was no harm in being careful.

Tendrils of darkness reached out from Umbranox, slowly claiming the rest of that dead continent. Eventually they reached the oceans, and began to spread across them like oil. The sea darkened with corruption, but there was no life to die.

Karos smiled. Let their armies reach him now.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight777 View Post
    Arx

Arx smiled. He sensed the coming storm in his very essence - but now he had allies, strong allies to weather it. Wandering to the forges of his craft-born children, he looked down over their work - ranks of gleaming metal, mithril and adamantine, carved in the shape of tall, elegant warriors - few in number, but great in potence - leading vast armies of iron and steel, gleaming soldiers of metal - blank slates, controlled only by his divine will, weapons waiting for the call to war.
    Arx received a message. "Sir god.... One of great magic. I wish to know if I may speak to you. There is great strife surrounding my wild lands and people, and our nature is such we may be mutually beneficial."

24. - Top - End - #144

Next, he needed servants of his own. He had souls, now he needed to shape them. For the first time since its creation, Karos stepped down from his throne. This would take some work...

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Arx

Arx consented to speak with the one who sent the message, but even as he did so his thoughts were elsewhere. He sensed the coming storm, and wished to shelter His chosen children in the mortal world. To the Arxari, he sent dreams and visions - dire portents, warnings to arm themselves for war. To them also he sent gifts - powerful spells of protection, runes and wards that would protect their island home with illusion and abjuration, keeping their island sacrosanct, safe from the dangers that might be brewing outside.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Arx.... What is it that we could best propose as benefit toward another?"

"I am Lailoken. I seek to bring power to the mortals. What do you seek?"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Arx

Arx shrugged, the last of the dreams flitting off to fill the minds of His mortal servants and warn them... though he would watch carefully to make things went as planned. Turning to this new god, he shrugged My task is to propogate the spread of magic, which I do by educating the mortals and channeling the powers arcane to them.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I spread mystical power. A brother to the Arcane. I have an idea. Would it not be sufficient toward both of our goals to combine our ideas into one single art?"

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Arx

Arx smiled and shrugged. There is no need... I am already the font of all magic in this world. It is my function. We cannot combine our power, for they are already one.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2008-07-24 at 06:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight777 View Post
    Arx

Arx smiled and shrugged. There is no need... I am already the font of all magic in this world. It is my function. We cannot combine our power, for they are already one.
    "I am not sure we read eachother. Oh well. Farewell."
    Lailoken returned to his forest... then he began the digging underneath it. Slowly, with his mole people, he began to build what he would call the Underworld.(Since we have none.) Through his power over the sky he began to enchant water springs to emit conditions suitable for life. He continually worked to ensure that there would be a whole new area to explore on the planet."