New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Heaven and Hell: Fate of the World [IC]

Samuel

The paladin bellows in delight at the success of his blow. "HAHA! These vile creatures are being shown the power of the church!"

Samuel's longsword glows brightly with a white hot light as he once more brings it down up the already injured rat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Uses Holy Strike on the same rat:

To hit: (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[9] (3 for strength, 2 for wisdom because the target is marked, and 1 for weapon focus)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Voth

With a simple yet beautiful flourish, Voth strikes a nearby rat yet again. Using the momentum of the strike, Voth spins to his side, just in time to clear the area of Sara's spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Sly Flourish:(1d20+8)[11]
    Damage:(1d4+6)[10]

Moving to M18
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-07-30 at 11:30 PM.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Sara Phillipson

The rat's sudden departure from life as the shockwave suddenly pushes through them surprises Sara just a bit. She hadn't quite expected them to be so weak as to immediately suffer death from her spell. However, if those two had been destroy with just one attack, then perhaps a few others could be convinced to do so as well.

Noticing a perfect position to cast, Sara yells, "Move out of the way!" as she points towards the mass of tinier rats as best she can, mostly pointing at Voth. "Targeting the swarm of rats, make sure you're not in the way!"

Chanting under her breath for a few moments, Sara grips the orb at her side tightly with her right hand and points her left over where the swarm of rats seemed to be located. With one motion, her hand clenches into a fist and falls down. A cool tingle passes through her entire arm as what appears to be an orb of white mist appears. Just as Targat finishes his actions, the orb falls straight into the swarm of rats, spreading immediately into the adjacent area, freezing the ground solid. With that done, Sara draws the knife from her belt in case she needs to use it to any effect. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast icy terrain centered on the rat swarm. I'm going to make an attack roll for Voth, but I'm also going to assume he's not going to stand in the area of my attack, seeing as Sara just warned everyone.

Attack - (1d20+4)[24] vs. Reflex on the Rat in O17
    Attack - (1d20+4)[10] vs. Reflex on the Rat Swarm(?) in O18
    Attack - (1d20+4)[23] vs. Reflex on the Rat in N19
    Attack - (1d20+4)[6] vs. Reflex on the Old Man, if he's still alive
    Attack - (1d20+4)[19] vs. Reflex on Voth, if he's in the area

Attack - (1d6+5)[9] damage to all targets hit.

Edit: Since my attack on the Rat in O17 appears to be a Critical Hit, the damage on that should be 11.

Also, minor action to draw her dagger.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2008-07-30 at 11:28 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Targat

'dodging' his scythe, Targat decides to focus his attention toward the larger group of rats

Spoiler
    Show
    perhaps important note: on the map, you forgot to shift Targat to K18

all senario's start with:
    minor: healing word on old man (enabling him to use a healing surge and also heal (1d6+3)[6] hp)
    move: Targat shift (L18)

situation as on the map (Voth Is not down)

Targat points into the rats directiong with his free hand, and mumbles a few incomprehencable words, enducing a state of panic on the critter
    standard: Cause Fear on a rat (1d20+3)[15] vs Will
    (on success: rat moves away (rats speed+2) probably provoking oppertunity attacks)
    Which rat? O17 if he's not dead/prone; else O18 if he's not dead/prone; else N19 if he's not dead/prone

if Voth or the three rats are down, but the old man is alive again

Targat points into the rats directiong with his free hand, and mumbles a few incomprehencable words, and the rat bursts into black and purple flames, while the old man seems to gain a slight purple glow pulse
    standard: sacred flame on J19 (1d20+3)[22] vs reflex for (1d6+3)[9] damage, and the old man gains temp hp equal to

else

Targat points into the rats directiong with his free hand, and mumbles a few incomprehencable words, and the rat bursts into a burning dark red glow

standard: Dire Radiance on J19 (1d20+3)[19] vs fort for (1d6+3)[4] damage, and an other (1d6+3)[5] damage if he comes in my direction next turn
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Initiative Order
    Shiv: 21
    Samuel: 13
    Voth: 8
    Targat: 6
    Sara: 2

Shiv quickly moves to the side, bypassing the rat, and with a great swing attacks both enemies on reach. Shiv barely wounds the rat that attacked him, but kills the other one with his mighty blow.

Samuel brings his sword down with the power of his faith once again on the creature in front of him, but the vile fiend manages to dodge the blow, even with his severed leg.

The swarm of small rats rushes towards Voth, but he manages to kick them away. Voth tries to hit one of the closer rats with a quick strike, but he misses badly, and quickly retreats out of the way of Sara's spell.

Targat whispers a dark prayer to his demonic lord, intending to push life back into the old man's body. However, Targat's power fails, with apparently no reason. He is startled for a moment, but quickly focuses on the battle at hand, moving to the side and launching a powerful fear attack on one of the rats. The rat starts to run in terror, and Samuel quickly finishes the creature with a quick slash.

Sara concenters her arcane energies, freezing the ground and the rats on a large area. The big rat drops, instantly dead. The swarm of small rats seem to be unnafected, but they become confused for a while (no movement this round).

The few remaining rats start do despair, and charge with all their might into the party. Two big rats attack Shiv, biting him with their little but powerful fangs. The two rats near Samuel also attack him. He safely dodges the bigger one's attack, but in doing so open his side to the smaller one. The rat slashes lightly at him, barely scratching the paladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Shiv takes 9 damage, Samuel takes 3 damage.

Updated battlemap:

My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beginning to feel some of the pain, Shiv is nearly at the bursting point, but for now manages to keep his natural fury at bay. He takes a step back, inhales sharply and lets loose a large burst of fire that completely envelopes both of the large rats that just attacked him. Then follows through with another attack on both of the rats.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 18
    Move Action: Shift into L17
    Minor Action: Dragon Breath covering the area from K15 to G19.
    Standard Action: Cleave: attack rat in K16 with STR mod damage to rat in K18 assuming a hit (see next post for attack and damage).

Attack vs. the rats: (1d20+5)[22]
    (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-07-31 at 09:22 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[10]
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

As the rat's razor sharp teeth graze what little flesh was left exposed on the paladin, the large man bellowed. Not in pain but in frustration and anger that the vermin was not yet dead.

"CONFOUND IT! That will be the last flesh your mangy body will ever taste beast!"

Once more he brings his long sword in a wide arc, aiming for the head of the rat. Almost immediately following he spins and brings the sword down upon the other rat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Holy Strike again on the Larger Rat.

To Hit: (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[12]

Use my action point and attack the other rat with Bolstering Strike

To Hit: (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[7]
    Temporary Hit Points to me: 2

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I forgot to add my +3 to hit on my action point attack... so it should be a 23 to hit the second rat.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Voth

Moving quickly, Voth circles around to the large rat assaulting the warlock. With a flash of steel, Voth strikes once again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to K19 to gain Flanking. Sly Flourish
    Attack:(1d20+10)[25]
    Damage:(1d4+6)[10]
    Sneak Attack:(2d8)[11]
    The Emperor Protects

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Targat

"Hey, dragonborn, need some patching up?"

Spoiler
    Show
    will use
    - sacred flame on 018 (giving Shiv 2 temp hp) or
    - lance of faith (on K16, else K18 ) (giving Voth +2 to attack) or
    - lance of faith (on P16, else O15) (Giving Samuel +2 to attack)
    (in order, dependant of which rat is still alive)

attack (1d20+3)[22] vs refl
    sacred flame damage (1d6+3)[5]
    lance of faith damage (1d8+3)[5]

move action: shift to M17

minor action: if shiv wants healing: using the divine power of the god of tortures, Shiv no longer feels some of the wounds brought onto him by the rats <healing surge> + (1d6+2)[8] hp

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shiv responds to Targat, Couldn't hurt.

His wounds seem to scab and scar over almost immediately after Targat casts his spell.
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-08-01 at 09:01 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Sara Phillipson

As the others take down more and more rats, Sara reaches a hand down to grasp Diana's. Turning to her, she says, "Don't worry. I won't let anything hurt you. Just stay with me. Try to stay as calm as you possibly can. Everything's going to be fine." Turning back to the field of battle, Sara moves a few steps to her left, still holding Diana. As the largest rat comes into clearer view, Sara reaches down with her left hand, grasping her orb. Gripping it tightly, she whispers under her breath the magical incantations for her spell. Letting go of Diana with her right hand only for a moment, Sara draws a circle in the air and stabs her hand straight through it. In an instant, white mist forms that same circle and spirals out, streaking through the air toward the largest rat. As it reaches its destination, the air around it feels chillingly cold only for a moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move over to P11, then cast ray of frost on that large rat labeled as the number 3. Here we go!

Attack - (1d20+4)[13] vs. Fortitude on the rat in P16
    Damage - (1d6+5)[6] damage if it hits. Additionally, it will slow that rat upon hitting until the end of Sara's next turn.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Initiative Order
    Shiv: 21
    Samuel: 13
    Voth: 8
    Targat: 6
    Sara: 2

Shiv quickly takes a small step back, and calls upon his ancestrals to breath a fiery cone of destruction on the two rats, burning them badly. Then Shiv follows with a certain strike, almost killing one of the little fiends.

Samuel quickly brings his sword down on both foes; the larger rat stands almost dead, and the other one is killed isntantly by the blow of the paladin's blade.

Voth quickly runs to flank the rat, attacking with a surprise strike right into the rat's back. The creature is almost dead, but it manages to still stand.

Targat quickly casts a unholy flame on the swarm of rats, although it seems to be of little effect. Then, he follows with a healing prayer which heals most of Shiv's injuries.

Sara's spell flies right through the rat's heart, freezing it's dead body on the spot.

The rats start to really despair now that almost all of them are dead. The remaining rats run against Shiv, ganging up on the dragonborn, easily the largest target. They bite and scratch, in a desperate attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Shiv takes 8 damage.

New battlemap:

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Dragon steps beyond the reach of all the rats, then strikes at the healthier looking of the two large ones. Bringing his halberd down hard on top of it's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 23/31

Move Action: Shift into M18
    Standard action: Use Steel Serpent Strike on whichever of the size 3 rats looks less injured.
    Minor Action: Forgone

Attack: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: (2d10+3)[9]

Assuming I hit it is slowed and can't shift until the end of my next turn. Mainly that means that if it moves in to attack me I do get an AoO as done anyone else in range.

Also, regardless of whether the attack hits mark it.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

"The vermin is nearly destroyed, let us finish the job!"

Samuel steps toward the rat closest to him, and slashes down at the smaller of the three remaining rats.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action: Divine Challenge on rat in M16. (Also, did you make sure the larger rat that I had marked last turn took a negative when it attacked Shiv? It should have had a -2 to its attack roll on Shiv and took 6 radiant damage [3+3 for charisma] and that rat is now NOT marked because I marked another)

Move action: Move into N16

Standard action: Enfeebling Strike on RatM16.

To Hit: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[7]
    Effect: Because its marked the rat takes a -2 penalty to all attack rolls next turn. And the other rules for marked apply to it also.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Sara Phillipson

As rats fall, Sara moves once again, noticing that the rats have begun to swarm the dragonborn warrior. Moving around Diana to reach a better position, Sara holds the orb tightly in her left hand as she wells energy once again in her right. Reciting the proper arcane words, Sara throws the energy into the ground before her, and a sonic wave pulses along the ground, throwing the rats who do not resist in various directions. With her spell cast, Sara turns to Diana and says, "Don't worry. Everything will be alright. Just stay close." Though she speaks in as calm a manner as possible, her speech gives away a bit of unsettled air about her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to L13 and cast thunderwave on the area including K16 and M16. So it should be an attack against the rat and the rat swarm in those squares.

Attack - (1d20+4)[16] vs. Fortitude against the rat in K16
    Attack - (1d20+4)[10] vs. Fortitude against the rat swarm in M16

Damage - (1d6+4)[9] damage to any hit rats.

Additionally, push any rats hit two squares west.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2008-08-05 at 09:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Targat

Spoiler
    Show
    lance of faith if there are still rats alive (order: M15, K18, K16)
    attack (1d20+3)[5] vs refl
    damage (1d8+3)[10],
    giving sara +2 vs that rat

ooc: sorry ... I was bussy ...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Voth

His daggers flashing in his hands, Voth strikes again with a strike aimed at the center of the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sly Flourish
    Attack Roll:(1d20+10)[14]
    Sly Flourish Damage:(1d4+6)[8]
    Sneak Attack Damage:(2d8)[12]
    The Emperor Protects

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Seeing the rats almost exterminated, the party attacks with even stronger power than before. Slashing, cutting and piercing, the last rat drops dead. The party has no time for comemorations, though, because as soon as the last of the vile creatures touches the ground, dead, everyone's sight suddenly blackens, and you fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

When you wake up, you're again on the first room of the house, like you'd never left. The old silent man, who you all saw die, is nowhere to be seen. There is no sight of the door you all had seen earlier, but the hooded man who appeared in your dreams stands there, as if time had not passed at all.

"Already back ? You were surprinsgly quick in passing my little test, uhn. It seems this time, you're the real ones, eh ?" - The man seems to be talking mostly to himself, ignoring your reactions.

"Oh yes, yes. Now, if you could kindly come with me... Don't worry, this time it shall not be an illusion."

Spoiler
    Show

Each of you gain 625 exp.
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-08-06 at 06:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Samuel is obviously aggravated at this and stands tall to the man in the cloak.

"Test? A man died in your test! I demand to know what evil game you are playing at, or you shall feel my steel stranger."

He pointedly caresses the hilt of his blade to emphasize his words.
    Last edited by Slieken; 2008-08-06 at 09:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Sara Phillipson

Sara awakes rather annoyed. Rubbing her head as she stood, she began to realize exactly what was happening. The disorientation was fading a bit, and Sara was beginning to take in everything that had just happened. The rats...what was that? Was any of that real? Did we really battle against them, or was it just fake? Noticing that the old man who had been with them was now gone concerned Sara, but what was more concerning was Samuel's reaction.

As Samuel leaped up to confront the hooded figure, Sara leaped up as well, her left hand reaching to grasp her orb as she did. Though she never felt she was particularly convincing at words, she attempted to speak in whatever manner she thought would calm the angered paladin. "Listen, we can't be throwing threats around like that. You saw what this man could do. Do you think he wouldn't be able to destroy you as easily as he caused that old man's death? The time for retribution can come later. We're here because this man called us here for a reason, and I think he'll be telling us that reason soon." She looked at the old man with her last sentence, the true meaning of her words soon becoming glaringly apparent.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Voth

Without a word, Voth stands stands and walks over towards the figure, paying no attention to the angered paladin.
    The Emperor Protects

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shiv Fatebringer

Test eh? So he would bring us here without a full confidence in our abilities... Interesting... As the Paladin jumps up and throws threats around Shiv sits calmly in the seat that he apparently never actually left.

For the love of The Church was the man never taught how not to speak?! The wizard soon follows suit, attempting to soothe the annoying paladin. Foolish girl, paladins don't care about death, as long as they are working towards the "greater good" they don't care if they die. At least all the ones I knew didn't.

Shiv remains seated, trying his hand at soothing the paladin, warrior to warrior
    Don't be a fool Paladin. This man has offered you a chance to save the world, now sit down and shut up until he explains how he plans on having us do that. Don't bother throwing your life away over nothing. People die. Period. And a lot more will die if you act like an idiot, keep talking, and end up dead. We all have a role to play in this little story and I highly doubt that yours is supposed to end here.

Hoping that his method will work Shiv relaxes in his chair. What will be will be, I just hope this one isn't as stupid as he sounds. Otherwise I've no use for him.
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-08-06 at 10:47 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

The hooded man remains silent, watching the discussion as it unfolds, apparently amused.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

As his companions replied to his threat, Samuel released his blade. He did not back down from the hooded man, however, crossing his arms over his large chest.

"I am sorry to have been so brash, but a man sending an innocent to his death is something I will not stand for, especially when that death is for naught but trivial games and tests."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shiv

Shiv addresses the paladin, What is the life of one when compared to the fate of millions? You prevent casualties when possible, but when when unavoidable it must be accepted. We could do nothing to help him, and had he survived he would only slow us down on our path, now please, let the man speak.
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-08-07 at 04:41 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

"You should listen to your comrades, dear paladin, they seem much wiser than yourself. Now, let's go to the point already, shall we ? Come over here for a moment, would you ?"

The man opens a door that was previously hidden in shadows, and goes through it. As the party follows, you find yourself in a much greater room, with many seats, these ones more confortable, like couchs and sofas. When everyone is seated and paying attention, the man continues:

"Now, I assume you have at least an idea of why you are here, correct ?"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Sara Phillipson

Sara responds to the hooded figure's question almost immediately. "Honestly, no. From what I've taken, we've all seen the same visions, but beyond that I couldn't tell you anything about why we're all here." Still standing, Sara moves towards a chair and takes a seat, perfecting her posture as she goes. "I would appreciate it if you could explain everything in more detail than the visions did. They were rather unhelpful in terms of personal goals."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Targat

during the discussion with the man, Targat keeps to himself. no need to point the paladin to his mistakes, as his biggest was probably becoming a paladin.

Targat follows the old man, and takes a chair.
    He listens to Sara and then answer with his raspy voice
    "Girl ... Sara was it? ... , haven't you been paying attention? The reason why we are here is because he wants us here ... and he called us here probably to take care of some demon, or at least twart it's plans."