New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Eye of the Druid: Group II

"Is there any place that might have been abandoned since before the Wards went up?Ruins, that kind of thing?Or perhaps there is a city nearby that was built over and old one?" He asked, sounding distracted. His teacher had loved to give him complex elven riddles to keep a young Jonathon distracted, and he had always loathed the dreaded things,, They always had him wandering in a circle!

Spoiler
    Show

Make sure not to preview your post at all Ice:P
    Also, Bardic knowledge roll on Ellendorth.
    (1d20+6)[20]

"Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

2. - Top - End - #32

The King scans your faces.
    "I'm sorry, we don't know anything about this Ellendorth, whether it be a place or a person. If that is all the questions you wish to ask, the wards will be taken down by mages for five minutes in two hours' time; I suggest you use this time to either buy supplies or say your farewells, as, unless you succeed, there will be no returning."
    Just remember - yelling "Who wrote this ****?!" at the top of your lungs is a normal and accepted part of the editing process.

The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful. The wizard who memorises a thousand book is insane.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by FF Fanboy
    Undead have quasi-feelings, too!
    Thanks to kpenguin for the excellent avatar.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

two hours, oh i've a lot to and no time to do it
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #34

Planetar

Kalven

The shields will be down, I can return to my people.

He responds to the king. As you wish my lord, I will be prepared to depart in 2 hours time.

Kalven will then return to the library and gather what he needs to travel.

Spoiler
    Show

OK, so he is not really going to ditch the party and go home, but you guys don't know that. :)

How are we situated with horses, I am thinking Kalven needs to go and buy one. I am usually reluctant to by one before the games start, cause often they are useless.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35

You leave the castle and walk into the main part of the village. Street vendors’ voices mingle in the warm air, advertising their wares at the top of their lungs.
    “Fruit! Apples, oranges, bananas, black sapotes, going cheap!”
    “Meat for sale! Best cuts, low price!”
    “Pots, jugs, bowls, everything you need!”
    “Maps! Maps of the region! Hello there, miss, make it easier to teach the kids geography, buy a map! Goes right to the Vale!”
    A nearby vendor calls out to the map-seller,
    “You idiot, Dorkul, no-one will buy a map; the wards around the city mean no-one can get in, and it’s been three decades since anybody’s left!”
    Just remember - yelling "Who wrote this ****?!" at the top of your lungs is a normal and accepted part of the editing process.

The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful. The wizard who memorises a thousand book is insane.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

6. - Top - End - #36

Elessar laughs to himself about the coincidence and walks up to the cartographer.

I'll take one of your maps good sir, even if others think it's rediculous.
    Natural 20's: 1
    Natural 1's: 0
    As of 9/30/09

7. - Top - End - #37

Planetar

Kalven

Kalven walks past all the vendors, including the cartographer. He is torn between the desire to return home, and a sense of duty to complete the task that is set before him.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

"Certainly, sir," says the map vendor, casting the other vendor a 'so there' look.

"I've got maps of Alaysia for one copper, or there's maps that go to the mountain ranges North of here, they're three coppers, or you could have one that covers the whole continent, including the Isle of Nevatran, though why you'd want to go there, I can't imagine; they're eight coppers."

9. - Top - End - #39

I'll have one of the continetal ones. Who knows? It might prove useful in the future.

He puts a silver piece down on the table, recieves the map and walks away.

Come on Sves! He says to the snake, and it climbs up him and wraps itself around Elessars shoulder. After a short walk, he returns to his inn and picks up his bow and equiptment.
    Now time to find the others...
    As of 9/30/09

10. - Top - End - #40

Jonathon was unusually quiet on the way out, frowning as his mind chased the riddle in circles. He'd figured at least one bit out, but that bit about a traitor kept him from sharing his find just yet. He'd have to check each of his new teammates for anything out of the ordinary...

"I think it's your lucky Day good Sir, I think I'll take some of those maps as well." He said with a pleasant, jovial smile and a polite nod to the map-maker.
    "Perhaps you would have any of the lands close to town called hmm...now what was it again....Vasqua!That was it. I've been told I have family there, I'd love to at least know where it is on a map, though fat chance getting there eh? My Uncle used to tell me stories about the family home there." The young Bard smiled like a young fop making an impulse buy on a flight of fancy.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm pretty sure I'll get bonuses for this bluff, if only because the cartographer probably doesn't care a wit:p

(1d20+12)[31]

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

11. - Top - End - #41

I'll Meet you in a hour and half at our egress, i've a number of things to collect and matters to settle

With that Jak ruffles Zira's fur lightly before crouching down muttering a few words in a unknown language and shimmering slightly.
    Zira sniffs the new dog briefly and they both trot off into the city.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #42

Icarus_Smith: "Why, of course, sir. I've got maps of the city itself or maps of the area around it, or there's a map of the entire Southern half of the continent. Which would you prefer?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Icarus_Smith: Did you already add the bonuses to that Bluff check, or is that your Bluff rank? Just wondering, the only thing is if you did add the score, I'd prefer in future if you'd let me decide on the bonuses, or ask if you'd get bonuses for certain circumstances. Thanks.

13. - Top - End - #43

"Hmmm you know,I think I'll take all three, if you please."He said, brushing hair from his forehead as he peered with casual interest over the maps.

Spoiler
    Show

No,that's just my normal bonus to bluff from charisma and skill ranks^_^. No way,I wouldn't just arbitrarily give myself bonuses:p

14. - Top - End - #44

Icarus_Smith: That's...six coppers, thanks." Sensing a sale, the vendor adds: "I've also got some maps of the entire continent, you know, in case your uncle wants to tell some more tales...?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, I didn't think you would, but I just thought I should make sure.
    Last edited by Vella_Malachite; 2008-08-30 at 09:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Planetar

Kalven

After gathering what he needs to travel, Kalven makes heads out in search of a horse. Once that is completed, he will meet the rest of the group at the appointed location to leave the city.

Spoiler
    Show

ok, so Kalven didn't have a horse. I have added one to the char sheet and of course reduced his funds.

How is everyone else in the horsey category? If no one else has one, I will get rid of it.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo44 View Post
    After walking back into the main city for a few minutes, Elessar runs into Jak. So, Jak, was it? Pretty exciting, huh? Finally getting out of the city? He lowers his voice while mentioning the second part, aware that the king might not want the lowering of the barriers to be publicized.
    if this is in the "few mins after we leave the the palace Ive heard map sellers and gone, to meet me again soon after is going to require you to over the other side of the city somewhere faster than a Dog can run
    if it is in that Map seller window i'll add some text in response
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #47

The bard would spend a few minutes chatting amiably with the map vendor, looking over a number of different maps, choosing another four copper's worth before paying with a single, and real, gold piece. A young fop like the one he was pretending to be would pay in nothing less,after all.

He nodded politely and stored the maps in his backpack as he walked away.

He'd spend the next hour or so preparing for the journey, and gathering up anything he might need, before meeting up with everyone at the appointed spot. He was doubly glad he had saved up a nice hefty nest egg in case anything went sour, and by the time he arrived he looked quite fine in a simple, durable set of clothing, on a broad-chested,but soft-tempered mount that moved easily under his direction.

18. - Top - End - #48

If everyone has finished buying and wandering, is it OK if I move the group out of the city now?

19. - Top - End - #49

Elessar takes a moment to make sure he has everything, then locks his door and sets off for the edge of the barrier. I hope someone has figured out the riddle by now...

Spoiler
    Show
    Yup
    Last edited by AetherFox; 2008-09-05 at 10:30 PM.
    As of 9/30/09

20. - Top - End - #50

Jak Arrives at the city gates within a few minutes of being too lateErr, sorry got caught up in things and forgot that i'd used my change for the day to travel fast

Spoiler
    Show

my off screen wanderings were to "pick up gear" and such that i had stashed about the city, I've not had time to fix the Sheet up in regard to this (basically I've still got a bucket of cash and not had the time to sit down and look at what i can use it on and update the sheet - don't worry its just going to be minor stuff that i think a traveling druid would have had or collected over the years and possibly had made while he was stuck in the city)

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #51

Planetar

Kalven

Kalven spends some time rubbing and getting to know his new mount as the others arrive at the meeting place.

Spoiler
    Show

ready to move out.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

One of the King's men, a mage, you guess, ushers you to the ward.

"The gates will be opened in less than a minute. Good luck on your quest."

Around thirty seconds later, the town gates swing closed behind you. You look back and the town is gone; the wards that prevent the town being found are hiding it.
    You find yourself in a large plains area, looking around, you see mountains on the horizon. Green grass grows as far as the eye can see, and apart from natural undulations in the ground, there is very little cover. You could see anything coming for miles.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies to all, but I will be in China for two weeks after Saturday (Two or three days, depending on how you count), and I will be unable to post. Feel free to do so yourselves, and any PMs will be answered when I return. Sorry for any inconvenience
    Last edited by Vella_Malachite; 2008-09-10 at 01:13 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Planetar

Kalven

Once he is outside the walls, Kalven takes a deep breath. He moves over to Elessar. That is the smell of freedom. It would be so easy now to return to our people. We have no proof of the dangers threatened by the king.

Spoiler
    Show

I hope you are going to China for fun.
    Enjoy.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Elessar looks behind him, as if to make sure the city is there, (which, of course it isn't) and then turns his attention to the rolling hills.

I agree... but I don't think it would be wise to hurry home yet. Believe me, I'm just as eager as you are to get home, but let's just see where this takes us for now...

Spoiler
    Show
    Have fun in China!
    Last edited by AetherFox; 2008-09-10 at 02:00 PM.
    As of 9/30/09

25. - Top - End - #55

Planetar

Kalven

Kalven pauses for a moment after Elessar's comment. He looks longingly towards Nirloth before responding.
    Ai, that is probably the best course. There will be plenty of time to turn home if the kings fears turn to be groundless.
    Then in a louder voice for all to hear.
    I noticed you buying a map. Have you had a chance to review it?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

"I haven't," He says, taking it out, "But I don't think it'll do much good if we can't figure out that damn riddle... I mostly just got it for when we know where ellendorf is. I'm still convinced it's a place by the way. Maybe it's underground?
    As of 9/30/09

27. - Top - End - #57

Tis Good to be back outside, not that the city be a bad place

Jak Sets about arranging a harness on his mount and checking the rest of his gear.

I hope the land hasn't changed too much, the geographical features may be the same but who knows what the socio/political feature's are like in this time
    Last edited by Leon; 2008-09-10 at 09:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #58

The human fiddled with his mount's saddle, tugging and checking the buckles again. He shed his bright clothing for a cloak of more plain,sturdy brown fabric, sligning it over his shoulders before mounting back up on the placid, well-bred horse.

"I think i know where Ellendorth is."He said casually, as if remarking on the weather, and looked around at the assembled group with a calm, serene face.

"Of course, I have no idea what's been going on in the rest of the world, but these maps I bought should help."He hummed cheerfully and tapped the wrapped scroll-case holding the nice,new maps he had just purchased.

"Well now, I think we should head out before we cause any suspicion. It's not every day people leave the Ward now, is it?" He frowned at that thought.

"Though I feel it was a bit too easy for those mages to open the wards...well...that is for another day"He clapped his hands briskly, and clucked to his horse, the beast starting out at a lazy, relaxed plod away from the group, the tall, handsome human humming a bawdry tune.

29. - Top - End - #59

The plains stretch out before you and the mountains to the North are tall and intimidating. Coming towards the end of summer, it is still hot, but not uncomfortably so.

You have now been walking all day and it is beginning to get cooler and darker.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello from China! I'm currently using the Internet of my host sister, who is awesome, so I may be able to post for the next two days, but there won't be any random encounters or reaching places until I return, as per previous notification.

China is win in a can, except the traffic, which is, frankly, scary. Loving the food, our tour guide is adorable (puppy-wise, not love-wise), and I'm feeling really great because I'm doing so much more walking than usual.

I went to classes with my host sister today. I thought physics was hard before; try learning it in a different language! In between classes, I kept getting mobbed by Asian guys...

So that's the update so far, just because I needed to say that. I'll talk to you all for the next couple of days and then again when I return.

30. - Top - End - #60

We've come a long way, time to find a place to bunker down for the night before it draws to close

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for lack of posting - ive been flat chat and im still with out reliable PC access
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet