New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Assassin's guild

"Well, if you don't mind, I shall return momentarily. This friend of yours sounds like he has some good ideas for the betterment of the city. Will anyone be put out if I join you gentlemen this evening? Perhaps I can treat you all to a round of drinks."

(OOC: The next paragraph assumes that permission is granted. Also, the number given is guessing at the size of the party, and can be adjusted as necessary.)

Andaren climbs the stairs and greets the bartender. "Good evening, sir. May I have four goblets of your finest wine?" Glasses in hand, he returns downstairs and finds a table with Ken'terr.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

((OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    (OOC: The next paragraph assumes that permission is granted. Also, the number given is guessing at the size of the party, and can be adjusted as necessary.)
    You are granted permission, but the party will consist of five people if you count yourself in.))

Well, why not, Ken'terr answers. We'll be four, five with you, tonight when my friends and my brother join.

After you returns with the goblets, Ken'terr leads you to the table where the group will meet.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Dunrik:

The young drow gathers his equipment including different clothing and assumes the guise of an elf that often frequents the area that the guild is in. He then leaves the city and finds a place where he can assume his new role, one of a fictonal elf who is flamboyant named Loracnor Quinsby. He applies different skin creames and paints. His disguise is also helped with an added scar running down his left cheek an old dueling wound that this elf obtained as part of a duel that went badly.

Once the disugise is applied the drow takes a second look to ensure that he has not been followed and makes his way back into the city. He then finds his way to the Wild Boar via a number of other shops verifying that his disguise is holding up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    lrolls for disguise and spot checks: spot1 - (1d20+10)[22]disguise - (1d20+19)[39]spot2 - (1d20+10)[24]
    Last edited by elonin; 2008-08-28 at 11:28 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by elonin View Post
    Dunrik:

The young drow gathers his equipment including different clothing and assumes the guise of an elf that often frequents the area that the guild is in. He then leaves the city and finds a place where he can assume his new role, one of a fictonal elf who is flamboyant named Loracnor Quinsby. He applies different skin creames and paints. His disguise is also helped with an added scar running down his left cheek an old dueling wound that this elf obtained as part of a duel that went badly.

Once the disugise is applied the drow takes a second look to ensure that he has not been followed and makes his way back into the city. He then finds his way to the Wild Boar via a number of other shops verifying that his disguise is holding up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    lrolls for disguise and spot checks: [roll0][roll1][roll2]
    After walking through the door, flanked by two statues of boars, you find yourself in the Wild Boar. At the moment, nothing special happens, except for a single discussion where the participants, two humans, a half-orc and a gnome, seems to raise their voices higher and higher.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Andaren sits calmly at the table with Kerr'ten, making small talk while they wait for the rest of the group.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by insecure View Post
    Yes, I can make some wooden instruments, but I'm not that experienced. A flute should be pretty easy, but anything harder than that can get, well, hard.
    Now, if you excuse me, I will try to catch up with my friend.
    "Ach, but you could do a lute maybe? Oh well, if you happen to be heading for an inn, would you mind me coming along? I need a place to ply my trade anyway, especially since the events that left me without an instrument also left me perilously short on coin. It wouldn't do to commission a fine work of art from you with no means to make it worth your while, no?"

"And if you should just happen to know what kind of patrons frequent that place, i might be able to select some enjoyable songs for them?"

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

7. - Top - End - #37

DrowGuy

is Andaran at the Wild boar? if he is he recognizes Dunrik sitting at a table waiting for the rest of our group. He is in fact dressed as a surface elf that guild members are familiar with

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

(ooc: I'm under the assumption that I went to the Golden Lion.)
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

DrowGuy

how did you know to go to the golden lion? the bard hinted that we might meet up at the wild boar, unless I missed something?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I went to the Golden Lion because that's where the scroll said our target would be. My character is used to being on his own and doing his own recon. The rest of the group is relatively unknown to him, so he doesn't really trust you yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

Spoiler
    Show
    Just say when you're done figuring things out, although I don't think there's much of a problem.