New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

Default Re: [Avatar d20] Battle Royale: Jin, Kiyara, and Amadu

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, this is my understanding of how the fire wall resolved... it is from S-O, 7-11. I take 2d4 + 1d6 heat damage. You are at R7 and take 2d4 + 1d6 heat damage. Yes, I know you have damage resistance and you resist some heat, but you might take damage. My previous turn is totally ignored. It is now Eighth's turn, and he's somewhere outside the wall, but within 20 feet. He needs to take... 1d4 (+1d6?) fire damage as well.

Waaaaiiit... the way that map is drawn you take 2d4 + 3d6 fire damage.
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-07 at 08:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seeing his chance to set up a better fighting position, Adamu quickly crosses the water, away from the heat of the flames, and takes up a position preparing to blast whoever is most tactically advisable at the time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got stunned as I was getting up, so I'm pretty sure that I'm still prone. Move action to stand, move action to go to I9, swift action to shift into the Coursing Stance.
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Updated Map (End Round 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

HUUUUUH-pheeeeewwww....

That was my deep breath. Time to take my turn.

First, I will take a move action down one square and in one square, so I am next to the firebender who's inside his own wall. I will then, as the fire wall does not provide concealment of any kind, proceed to attack him with my standard action, using combat expertise to raise my AC by 1. This attack will be a Stunning Fist.

Attack 1: (1d20+18)[38]
    Damage: (2d8+1)[15]
    Confirm: (1d20+18)[24]

Jin, please make a DC 22 (10 + 1/2 char level (7) + wis (5)) fortitude save or be stunned until the beginning of my next turn.

Anger seethed in Kiyara almost as hot as those flames surrounding her. First step? Make sure she didn't end up like all her friends on the Firenation border. To do that, this firebender was going to have to a) get hurt and b) not move. Fortunately, her early training provided her with a move to do both!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Jin, you're fatigued from the lightning blast, right? If so, SWEET! I just barely got it! If not, oh well, at least I hit, right?

Also, for Eighth who's looking to haidouken me in the back and wants to know my AC, it's a piddling

34 + 1 + 1, 35

this round. And your strength damage will last another four rounds, I think...

I have used 5 of my 15 stunning fist attempts and I have 10 left.

Finally, can you check the total weight that Jin is carrying? If he's fatigued, he might be pushing medium load. He had 15 lbs from his armor, and his medium load starts at 21 lbs with a str of 6 according to this. Normally I don't bother about with ecomberance, but in this case my char may try to push you over your maximum load, so please, Eighth, you too... can you keep track of your character's stuff he's holding?
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-07 at 09:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *Facepalm of the Highest order*. Urgh. I meant to move to Q. And that was assuming I could shrink my Firewall. Anywho, I've well and truly buggered myself, pardon my french. Time to flee

[roll=heat damage for the flaming wall]2d4+3d6-5[/roll]

Jin sprang away from the flames, trying to escape as fast as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    [Concentartion check]1d20+18[/roll] Vs. DC 23 to avoid An AoO

Quickened to a move action Burningi Rush to Hop to L4, Followed by a swift action to activate A burning rush, increasing my land speed another 35 feet, Then I'll move to p 16. And I'll ignore the heat damage for being with 20 ft. of the wall because of heat resistance 5. THis is all Assuming I succeed on my concentration check. If I fail, I'll stand there like a dope.
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2008-08-07 at 10:51 PM.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh I have gone and messed up all my rolls.
    Conecentration check - (1d20+18)[31] Vs. DC 23

Fire Damage - (2d4)[4]
    Fire damgae - (3d6)[15]
    Woot! only 15 Damage!
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2008-08-07 at 10:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

That's cool, but it's all moot if you didn't pass your fort save against the stunning fist. Also, you exited a threatened square if you did that.
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-07 at 10:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    And of course I've forgotten all the important stuff. And no, I'm not fatiqued.

Fort Save - (1d20+5)[14]

Oh .........

I think I need new swear words, because the old ones just aren't matching the standards anymore. I fail the save, and am Stunned. Please procede to beat the snot out of me for being careless and not doubling checking some stuff.
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2008-08-07 at 10:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frigs View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And of course I've forgotten all the important stuff. And no, I'm not fatiqued.

[roll0]

Oh .........

I think I need new swear words, because the old ones just aren't matching the standards anymore. I fail the save, and am Stunned. Please procede to beat the snot out of me for being careless and not doubling checking some stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show

The good news? You don't take any more damage from the fire wall as it is now gone.

Also, no matter about the fatigue thing, I'll see about dropping your strength to 2 this next round I just wonder what eighth is going to do to me...

Finally, can I get a breakdown of your AC? I see +5 for leather, +2 for Dex, but I must admit that the +8 is something I don't understand.

Also, could you roll a 1d6 for my damage? I took the 2d4 (4) but I still need the 1d6 for firekick.
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-08 at 12:01 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Amadu closes his eyes and concentrates on the energies of his ki steadily building in his palm. The hunger for power, for revenge against this arrogant little painted girl, overwhelms his emotions, and the blue energy gathering in his hands becomes a malevolent violet. Purple flames lick his hands and feet and his facial expression twist into an evil mockery of glee.

"Die, girl! Prepare to taste the true power of Ansatsuken!"

With that, he thrusts his power forward, bent upon destroying this pitiful creature that frustrates him so.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna go hadouken Kiyara twice, applying my Double Blast feat to get the second one in. I'm also spending a swift action to make my first attack a Shakunetsu hadouken (Ryu's fiery one). I didn't see your AC for this round; what is it?

*checks hadouken rules*
    *realizes that the hadouken doesn't have a listed range*
    *Fixes*

Shakunetsu Hadouken - (1d20+19)[22]
    Damage 1 - (2d8+6)[11] x2 = ?? + Fire Damage - (5d6)[26] + Dark Energy - (1d4)[2] = 50 damage

Hadouken - (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage 2 - (2d8+6)[16]

...*sigh*

I'm not gonna complain about die rolls I'm not gonna complain about die rolls I'm not gonna complain about die rolls
    Last edited by Eighth_Seraph; 2008-08-08 at 07:40 AM.
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Second post, it was 35. Oh, no, sorry, 36. +1 for CE, +1 for shield bonus with CE from the fans. Also, can you link your class up? I'd like to read it as it sounds interesting. Street fighter in Avatar.

Kiyara rolled her eyes at this expected attack from the monk behind her. which blanched to the side and smashed into the wall. She then proceeded to set up on the collapsed firebender in front of her, ready to take all his strength away from him.

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack using a -2 from CE, all three are Chi Distruption targeting your strength score. For each hit please make a DC 24 fortitude save.

Attack 1 (1d20+17)[34]
    Attack 2 (1d20+12)[22]
    Attack 3 (1d20+7)[11]

Damage 1 (2d8+1)[13]
    Damage 2 (2d8+1)[14]
    Damage 3 (2d8+1)[7]

Confirm 1 (1d20+17)[21]
    Confirm 2 (1d20+12)[28]
    Confirm 3 (1d20+7)[20]

A few notes:

New AC: 38 (34 + 1 from fan + 3 from CE)

Stunning Fists left: 7

Can I get a breakdown of Jin's armor class? I think you're stacking your class bonus with your leather armor's bonus.

*Sigh*... this build can't handle a firebender and whatever Eighth is at the same time. Not surprising really. I knew should've splashed Airbender instead of that third level of fighter, but I really wanted to make a character without bending at all. Air Burst and Run as the Wind would really make a huge difference here... oh well!
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-08 at 10:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Spoiler
    Show
    He is. We went over this during the last match he did with Jin, which I DMed. His AC is 20, unless he's moved some stats around. At this point, I'm just glad that Jin is eating up your daily Stunning Fists. Once those are gone, you don't have many damage-dealing options left, especially if I use my Boulder Stance to get some nice DR upgrade.

Also, the Ansatsuken style is here, though it's not meant for the Avatar project. It's just something that I've always wanted to make. Needs more options for special abilities, though, and Street Fighters (TM) hasn't provided too many of those.

Jin's turn? If he's conscious?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

I'm fairly sure he's conscious, but I plan on using just one more chi distrupt on him.

Also, boulder... thing?

AFTER BATTLE BALANCE NOTE: Break Stance should kick you out of boulder stance, because, well, I'm breaking your **** stance.

Oh, and for the record I'm at R8.
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-08 at 11:14 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah. I'm at AC 20 And completely owned. You wouldn't consider letting poor old me lie here, would you?

Alright, two of them hit me. I take another 15 damage.

And some saves coming.

Fort Save1 - (1d20+5)[14]
    Fort Save2 - (1d20+5)[10]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

It's your turn, Jin, with 4 total strength. Your leather armor puts you at medium load now, so just realize that. I don't think your other equipment does enough to change that at all, so you don't have to worry about checking it. Don't ask don't tell
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-08 at 05:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    And lets get out of here, shall we?

Jin's feet ignited as he rushed to escape.

Spoiler
    Show
    Burning rush to increase my speed to 65 feet,(as a swift action) then move all the way around the boulder to P15, as a move action. Then burnign rush to hop up on p18 as another move action. End turn.

Oh, and bending defensively to avoid an AoO. But My modifier to Concentrae is hgher than the Dc, so I auto-succeced, right?
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2008-08-08 at 05:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

You do, but you're also leaving a threatened square, which of course means an Aoo.

Kiyara took a swipe at the firebender trying to leave, with the intent on tripping him up.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+17)[26]
    Trip Attempt: (1d20+5)[7]
    Attack (if tripped):(1d20+17)[37]
    Damage :(2d8+1)[7]

What's your remaining HP?

EDIT: Way to roll a 2. I guess you're going to get away...

Oh, and I'll wait for your opposed roll to come back before confirming the crit, cause frankly I bet you'll beat a 7.

Finally, did you remember that your base land speed is now 20ft and that you have a -3 ACP to bending for a medium load? I'm sure you did, but I've missed obvious things like taht before (i.e. DONT 5 FT STEP AROUND CORNERS)
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-08 at 05:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, Here we go. Trip resist - (1d20+2)[19] If that works, *face-palm*. I should only move 55 feet to P13, then hop up onto q14.

20. - Top - End - #80

Pain and frustration from the clashes with Kiyara begin to build within Amadu, and his mind starts slipping from him, consumed slowly by the rage of the murderous intent. He feels his own dark energy building within his hands, and his body starts moving of his own accord even as his benevolent spirit screams out against it. Powerless against his own will, a rush of burning fire courses into Amadu's hands. Then, the useless firebender comes into view, he who was incapable even to scratch the painted one. Running.

"There you are, coward. Time to die!"

A pulse of dark energy gathers between Amadu's palms, and his eyes burn as he launches the forbidden technique of Messatsu Go Hadou.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's just a fluffed up Shakunetsu Hadouken, if anyone's wondering. Launched at Jin. I have a range of 90 feet, so it's all good. I use my leftover attack to launch a one-handed Hadouken using my Double Blast feat.

Shakunetsu Hadouken - (1d20+18)[32]
    S.H. Damage - (2d8+6)[20] x2 = 40 + Fire damage - (5d6)[15] + Vile - (1d4)[2] = 57 damage (Before Fire Resistance)

Hadouken - (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage 2 - (2d8+6)[14] + Vile - (1d4)[3] = 17 damage
    Last edited by Eighth_Seraph; 2008-08-10 at 12:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Banned

"Rage doesn't suit you, my friend."Kiyara called out. She had always gotten a feeling of... disdain from this fighter, even after she had effectively incapacitated him. Then he rewarded her sparing of his life by shooting him in the back and then succumbing to blind rage? Fine, if that's how he wants it that's how he'll get it. Time to take this fight to him.

Spoiler
    Show

Double move to I-10, followed by an immediate action to switch into the fluid stance and a free action to speak.

Also, after all that work, you deal enough damage to kill him in one shot. Damn.

Kiyara winked at her opponent, apparently now burning with rage. "Miss me?"
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-10 at 12:50 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

A spark of recognition flashes across Amadu's face as he remember his last encounter with this frustrating insect. The rage of the murderous intent burns hot within him, and it focuses his energies towards destroying this little girl.

Amadu's right foot rises and makes a sweeping motion outward in a vicious crescent kick aimed squarely at Kiyara as his left foot pushes off the ground, sustained more by the power of his ki than his sinew.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm switching into the Penetrating Attack stance, then using my Shippu Jinrai Kyaku to attack you as I move 15 feet, from I9 -> J9 -> K8 -> L8. I can attack you once from I9 and once from J9. If I don't hit you on either one, then you get an AoO. Fair enough? Also, you didn't use Combat Expertise that round due to a lack of attacks, so what's your AC?

I've taken 6 Strength damage, 4 points of which I'll get back on my next turn.

Attack 1 - (1d20+19)[24]
    Damage 1 - (2d8+4)[10]

Attack 2 - (1d20+19)[33]
    Damage 2 - (2d8+4)[13]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Updated Map (Round 5) (I missed round 4 ) (Up to date as of Seraph's post just above this one)
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    wait wtf you can FLY?!?! How in the name of hell am I supposed to beat you now? Anyways, my base AC is 34, so you just missed on that last one. Time for my Aoo

Kiyara reeled as the monk started flying away from her. Flying. She was getting rather tired of this bull****, and decided now would be a good time to stun him.

Spoiler
    Show

Stunning fist attempt.

Attack (1d20+19)[37]
    Damage (2d8+1)[13]
    Confirm (1d20+19)[27]

After game balance note: you basically get to make a 15 ft jump without a jump check. That move strikes me as all kinds of cheesy.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Please give me a DC 22 fortitude save, and I'll go take my round.

Kiyara smiled, knowing that her opponent wasn't the only one who could leap across that river. She leapt across the river and carefully prepared to trip her opponent up.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to L9 which includes a dc 20 longjump attempt. (1d20+19)[37].

Once there, a trip attempt with 2 taken off for CE.

Attack (1d20+17)[21]
    Trip (1d20+17)[24] I'll make another post with the real trip attempt... cause that was dumb. (note to self: please use the correct modifiers)
    Attack (1d20+17)[33]
    Damage (2d8+1)[10]

If the second attack lands, please make a DC 24 fortitude save or take 2 points of dexterity damage.
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-10 at 08:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[16]

Sigh... +17 I wish lol

Oh, and AC for this round is a sparkling 34+3 CE+1 fan 38.

Quick question regarding your char sheet... how are you getting your wisdom bonus to AC at the same time as wearing armor? Is the change to give monks padded armor gone through?
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-10 at 08:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

AoO Resolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the Fortitude save fails, then I never complete my move and fall into the water at J9. You might want to re-do your turn in that case. Also, it's a DC 30 Jump check, since you need to jump 15 feet to cross the stream. You made it, though, so whatever.

Also, why did your DCs suddenly increase? They were 22 against Frigs, and earlier against me. My Strength should be back this turn, right? Or is it on mine? I'm including it in the Trip Attempt, but let me know.

Fortitude vs. AoO - (1d20+11)[21]

Turn Resolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trip Attempt - (1d20+4)[18]
    Fortitude save 2 - (1d20+11)[24]

And yes, monks are proficient with padded armor now.
    Last edited by Eighth_Seraph; 2008-08-10 at 08:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

My DC for the chi distruption has always been 24, and my stunning fist DC has always been 22. I have used them alternately, which may be the source of the confusion. My chi distruption gets a +2 to the DC thanks to Improved Chi Distruption.

I guess you're in the water at J9. quick question... can I attack you from here or do I have to get into the water?

*quick looks up the rules for underwater combat*

And your strength damage will go away when I say it will! AHA! Naw, I'm just kidding. It says it lasts for 1 round + wisdom modifier min of 1, so that's 6 rounds. My first round I did not do any chi damage to you, I did all that on the second round. So it lasts six rounds from there, meaning that at the start of round 9, on my turn, the strength damage wears off. Or maybe round 8... my math has been known to add and subtract numbers here and there.
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2008-08-10 at 08:33 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm at the bottom, since I'm stunned and can't try to float even if I wanted to, so I'm outside your reach even if you can attack me.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Right then. I'll back up twenty feet in a straight line from where you are in the pool. I thought my attack would hit you before you left the square on the side, stunning you there, or possibly stunning you on the other side... I'm not sure how or why I stunned you in the middle of your action, but there it is.

Kiyara backed up as her opponent fell into the water, waiting.