New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: A God Game

1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A God Game

Algul is angered by this, he starts throwing fire at all directions with great rage.

what is this madnes??
    Spoiler
    Show
    A-44 A.K.A. The Angel of Retribution A.K.A. The Angel of Revenge A.K.A Angel of Death

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

As each fireball leaves Algul's hand, it too is taken with chaos, quickly breaking up. Why so serious? You are too quick to lose your temper. You really should work on that, since I'm not letting you go until you calm down. Kabos says to Algul. Turning to the other gods, he adds Someone really should find a way to contain this guy, cause I doubt I'll be letting him out any time soon.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon watches the two, frowning, before focusing on Kabos. "There will be a council soon. At the moment we are letting your brother and his friend calm down. This here is merely some polite conversation among peers."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, that's is good. I would hate for this man's temper tantrum to disrupt a council. I really am sorry this happened, I'm more accustomed to more gentle gods.

Go Tigers!

5. - Top - End - #125

"STOP THIS BICKERING! This is no way for gods to behave. I agree to having simply guardians here and no mortals. Kabo my brother leave off tormenting that other god. It serves no purpose even for one as chaotic and evil as yourself.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Hey bro, he started it. This is defensive. So far he's attacked me with a dagger and fireball. Until he comes out of this murderous rage, I'd rather him be tied up. Though if you really want this place torched, I'll let him down.

Go Tigers!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Very well."

He said, stroking his non-existant beard.

"Not only are the dead respected, but it can cut down on disease for the mortals."

He stood up.

"I like it. Very well, I may ask a favor of you later, but for now, it shall be a gift."

8. - Top - End - #128

"Ok brother let me handle it so you don't destroy the world. Erothayce puts up a wall of energy to stop the other god's attacks.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

"Speaking of the dead SOMONE summouned a shadow ARMY today, and trapped their souls here in this place, I demand justice for this, yu cant just imprison my followers immortal souls, and expect me to NOT do something about it."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Script

Script arrives back at the castle quietly, adjusts his glasses, and sits next to Hammon. Your dwarves are quite the wonder themselves."

"Now, could we please agree not to use our abilities on each other directly? Seeing this infighting pains me."
    Last edited by loopy; 2008-08-09 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cog listens. Cog watches. Cog thinks.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

Azura looked down below as fighting erupted again on holy ground. Soon, all her brothers and sisters were present, and the belligerent were forced to calm down. Turning to her new ally, the god Phelenus, the Feathered Lady spoke.

"There will be time to discuss the terms of our new collaboration later, my friend. For now, our brothers are getting restless. Let's go have a litte talk with them."

And so Azura flew from the height of her cloud and landed on the doorstep of the castle. Then, she looked in the eyes of her fellow gods one by one.

"Dear Algul, why don't you conjure a bush so that you may light it in fire in place of Kabos? Make it so that the bush always reforms from its ashes, and you will always have a pyre inside the castle."

"Great Aresk, have you considered being a god of vengeance? It seems to fit you. Seriously now... The souls of your worshippers have been freed, thanks to Hammon. It seems their death was necessary for us to acknowledge the truth : this place is neutral and sacred ground, made only for the eyes of the Higher Powers. You may resume your vendetta against this mysterious entity when we are finished with the council, no sooner."

"Now, everyone, why don't we have a seat inside?"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-09 at 07:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammons turns to Aresk, looking at him in a disbelief that quickly turns to anger. "You think I summoned the army that killed your people? That I trapped their souls here? That is as likely as you murdering a child in cold blood. I freed their souls and granted them peace. I understand your anger, and I too wish to find out who is responsible. But I did not, could not do something like that."

Frowning, he bows in greeting to Script before looking at Phelunus. "My thanks. Now, since we are all here, shall we begin our council?" Hammon summons a throne made of stone and has a seat, obviously still upset.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-08-09 at 07:38 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

" I apoligise if I offened you, but you are obviously mistaken, I was merely angered by this new enitity, that preformed this act of inane cruelity. But please take a seat, this council is long over due, and I need to have a gentle, non violent talk with some of the otoher gods."

(Um, when do our eggs hatch/?)

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

At that moment, Azura thought of the shadowy figure which had survived the blinding radiance of Aresk. That was the one responsible for this. Was it even a god? What if there were other beings as powerful as them in the world, hiding, until the time is right?

No, even if such beings existed, this one wouldn't be one of them. She did sense his ambition. He wasn't completely hidden to her. What about a god of deception? It seemed likely. Whatever he was, he greatly impressed her. Surely its talents could be put to good use...that is, to the goddess' benefit.

Like Hammon before her, Azura conjured a seat of her own. Her throne was made of ironwood, a gift of Aresk in exchange for lifting his citadel in the sky. The upper portion of the throne was carved in the shape of a thunderbird, one of Azura's finest and deadliest creations.

Then, the Goddess summoned her war fan, named Reaping Wind, to her hand. She used it too cool herself while waiting for the other gods to take a seat.

(OOC: As for your eggs, do as you wish. Azura's egg has already hatched. However, I think it could be fun to show your first dragons grow, before reproducing and giving birth to an entire race. By the way, we will assume that the first dragons are female specimens that can reproduce whitout a male, for obvious reasons. Or they could simply reproduce by magic, if you want.)
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-09 at 08:02 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon nods, accepting the apology, if not necessarily the slight condescending tone. "I too am angered by it. Undoubtedly the same entity also created those undead...abominations! I will not stand for any to dishonor the dead in such a way. But yes, let us all have a seat and try and discuss things in a civil manner." He looks around at the others expectingly.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phelenus looks to each of the Gods in turn, not sitting beside them in the council, but rotating around them all, creating golden stepping stones as he walked around them.

"Perhaps we are all missing the big picture, being angered over the deaths of our mortal creations. But, then again, is that not the only reward we cannot have? Mortals must live their lives knowing that sometime they will die. they walk a road that will end when they do, can anyone think of something more beautiful?"

he paused behind Aresk, not wanting to see a face full of rage, and waited for the expressions of the others.

"Why must we continuously fight when we know it's futile? We don't have an end of the road, so I see the need to deliver pain and suffering on others and ourselves. But we are still saplings! not yet grown into the dark forest! If we all fight for sunlight, we will all wither. Let the wars of mortals be theirs, and lets move to a higher path."

He turned to Azura and nodded as he continued his silent walk around the chamber.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk conjured his seat while not quite throne it was a rather raised, and posh seat, made of gilded gold, and engraved with murals of the heroes battle, in their greatest moments, now seeing as the greatest battle so far had been between him, and some shadows the chair itself was still relatively small, but still a masterful piece of craftsmanship.

He turned to address the gods a serious look in his eyes, as he spoke.

"Most esteemed gods, and goddesses, of the council.
    we have gathered here today to discuss matters of the greatest importance. As is proper I move that the females of the council speak first."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Script

"Intriguing. This is possibly the first of many councils to come in the life of thise world, yet rules of etiquette have already been set." Script begins taking notes in his omnipresent tome.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

"How chivalrous of you, Aresk."

She paused and examined the expressions of her brothers and sisters.

"Phelenus has a point. Full scale conflict between the gods will only destroy what we have worked so hard to create. (Azura turned to Algul Marza, knowing how much HE enjoyed needless destruction.)Since we awoke in this castle, we have done deeds of greatness. I see a wonderful potential in the mortal races. In the future, maybe we should take a more...subtle approach. When all the foundations of this world will be set, we should limit our direct involvement in earthly matters. Act via proxies, immortal servants, even avatars. What do you all think?"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-09 at 08:37 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon speaks up. "I agree completely. Let the mortals live their own lives as they will. We must ensure that what we have created not be destroyed. Any one of us could unwittingly cause the extinctions of entire species if we're not careful. He glances at Algul, then back at the others. "War must not break out between us. All of us are needed in order to guide and shape the world."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

There is a throne, a large, somewhat plain seat. It is dark gray, with some small carvings of kings and thieves, and various scenes, and it casts a long shadow. It has been there since it began, or at least, it seems so. If you try and remember if it had been there, you'll always get the picture of that space having the throne in it, no matter what.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk, had stood in thought for quite a bit now, waiting for those who wished to speak first, when he notice the apperance of the throne, and the effect it was having on his mind "DARK magic is afoot here, who is this being that dares to attempt to intrude into another gods mind? We shall learn soon enough." He thought he then stood, and addressed the throne, as if he knew somebeing was there hiding from the others.
    "Reveal yourself, creature of darkness who are you to intrude in the home of gods?!"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do not presume to implant thoughts into the mind of the goddess of thought Simmith, I see through your deception and delight in its innovation and creativity. Cog pulls a simple work stool out of her lab coat and sits in a corner, she seems to be working with a screw driver and small metal device. A few twists and turns. "Well then if our creations are to be mortal they must have something to count their years by" she holds out a silvery glass item "I have just created time" she turns to Hammon, "I think that together we should create a time keeper, Chronos, to watch that mortals and gods alike do not bend it's rules"
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-09 at 10:12 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon glances around at the others, listening. At the sight of the empty throne he frowns slightly. Reaching into his robes, he pulls out a small crystal marble and holds it up to his eye. After a moment he smiles briefly before looking over at Cog. He nods. "I agree. Although I suggest we all give this creation a bit of our power, so that none of us are more powerful."
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-08-09 at 10:18 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

In the middle of the council, Azura heard a distant call. It came from a human. This plea was powerful, but only the Goddess of Ambition could understand it. Unbeknown to her brothers and sister, Azura sent a newly created shadow of herself, an avatar, to visit the man in his sleep.

She discovered that this human was aspiring to a new life, devoid of social constraints. He was absolutely jealous of the clerics (who had now appeared among all the common races). While still respecting the gods, he didn't see any reason to bow before them. He was convinced that he could rise to a similar status by himself. Impressed, the avatar of the Sky Goddess agreed to show him another path to power. With this new knowledge of the Art, he would be able to bend a portion of reality to his will. In exchange for such a gift, it was his duty to write down what he learned and teach other souls as to preserve the tradition.

The man became the first magic-user.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cog sensed Azura's avatar going out to the man, and was impressed by her innovation, she too saw the magic-user and poured into him creativity and inspiration.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Script

Script senses the new-found knowledge permeating the far-off human, and gives his blessing in the form of increased intellect and wisdom.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura
    Turning her attention to the meeting of the gods, Azura left her avatar alone to deal with the instruction of the magic-user. The creation of a second self left her a little weak, but it was worth it.

"I agree with Cog's idea and Hammon's suggetion. Let us all put some of our power in that temporal guardian."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk, himself sent out a small avatar to the humans, and some of the elves expanding upon Azura's idea of the arcane (not that he knows its called that.)
    And has the avatar teach them to fuse swordplay with magic, blade, and spell, and thus with some help he created spellswords, and a select few known only as the Mythic cavalry, a group of riders who enchant their mounts, to mae them breath lightning, and have skin as tough as stone.
    While Aresk was a powerful god physically this put a great strain on his mental facuilties, temporily weakening hi resistance to mental attack, which although he didn't show it physically. He did have a SPILITING headache, from this creation, of another being of power.

He stood from the seat, and addressed cog "So I'am not the only one who expects trickery, and dark magic is afoot, although this being you speak of I've never even heard of it, is it something that should cause worry? As for the matter of the temporal gaurdian I do believe that would be wise, for there are those who would wish to do this place harm, and I simply could not abide that."