New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: A God Game

1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: A God Game

Cog had been listening to Cyan intently A place where those with the highest imaginations have the strongest powers, Cog took one each of her forglings and inspiartons and carried them up into the clouds, they shall be as gods in this realm, pure creativity and pure inspiration. As she entered the realm she was overwhemed with the power this place gave her, she saw their creations, magi-tech and steampower, and as she released her children in this new world the Inspiarton flew through her, showing a future she and Cyan could wrought together.

Several minutes passed and Cog did not return to the Council. She blinked back in suddenly "Cyan, I thankyou, your realm of imagination has shown me a new innovation, behold my artefact: the Laseter"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Kabos turns to the newcomer. I am Kabos, God of Evil, Chaos, Darkness, and Violence. I feel we may disagree on some things He admits with a laugh.As for protecting this place, I will guard it with the chaos of limbo, something only myself and I believe possible Azura can get through without being let through, which of course all God's will be allowed. Soon I will have something to keep her out if needed. He says, before turning to Azura No offense ment of couse, my dear. As the meeting is breaking up, would you like to discuss that matter you mentioned? Would you prefer my place or yours? Or a neutral site, of course.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2008-08-11 at 11:48 AM.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The She-Dragon thinks a moment, and seems to be consulting someone invisible person before responding. My fathers are still unhappy with the decision to keep gods from intervening. Also, he has proposed his own guardians for the keep. she waves her hand, and a creature appears. It seems to be molded from pure shadow. It was unlike the pure shadows, in that it was a physical creature.

It was a creation of Brakins invention, like a golem made of pure solidified shadow. It took the form of a lion, with gems for eyes, it had hooves on its rear feet, and its tail was similar to the head of an infant Shadow Dragon, except far larger, the serpent head hissed and swayed, and the lion had a goats beard on its chin, and goat horns curling up from its head over its mane. This is a Shadow Chimera, and it will help to keep foolish mortals from this divine place. From her tone it seems obvious that she does not think of herself as being a mortal.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-11 at 11:16 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk DISGUSTED, that the other gods would even CONSIDER dealing with a being who REFUSES to show himselgf, and obnviousy considers himself so far above us that he doesn't even need to come speak to us in person, begins to leave the chamber obviously heading back to his castle in the Sky, do personally obsserve the hatching of his dragon.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

" I do not think I can trust a creature from a god who will not show themselves. If he or she was willing to show themselves I may be more willing to go along with this plan.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The She-Dragon, who's name is still unknown to all assembled save Simmith&Brakin, sneered in contempt at Erothayce. Do you truly think everyone thinks as you do? You seem to trust the god of Chaos and Darkness more than my Fathers she clearly stresses this last bit, hinting at the small bit of knowledge given. You seem to be mistrusting merely because of their lack of presence, but why let that get in the way of making this council?

7. - Top - End - #217

"I take their lack of presence to be a suspicious move on their part, mortal. Erothayce sneers at the thing on the throne.

erothayce.tumblr.com

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The She-Dragons snake-eyes narrowed, and her eyes glowed. She hissed, literally, angrily at the god, her serpentine tongue slithering out of her mouth as she speaks. Watch your tongue He-God, I am no more a mortal than you.

9. - Top - End - #219

"And watch your tongue stripling for you cannot compare to me or any of us. Know your place or be silent!" Erothayce said calmly not at all threatened by the she-dragons hissing.

erothayce.tumblr.com

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

She stands, anger and shadows darkening her eyes, but clearly you can see the divine spark, faint but there. She speaks truth, she is no mere mortal. She speaks angrily I know my place, but obviously arrogance is all too common among the gods, whereas humility is a lesson you do not heed. Power courses through her, and though the source is unknown, its clearly not all hers.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-11 at 03:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon stands up, looking between the two before focusing on the she-dragon. "There will be no violence done here. I, too, wish to meet your fathers. But as the others are all leaving, I myself am going to depart. I've other business to attend to." With that Hammon turns and begins to walk away.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

"I'm sure I'll have the chance to deal with your fathers later. For now, I'd like to talk to Kabos in private. Do you mind coming with me to my Palace of the Four Winds? It's not a neutral ground, but since it's still on the material plane, I'll have no special power over you there."

She addressed the others gods present for the last time.

"Farewell...until our paths cross again."

Azura flew back to her palace floating just above the Tower of Enlightment.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Of course. I trust you not to backstab. I'm the evil one in the conversation, remember? Kabos replies with a chuckle, before heading for the castle. He runs far enough away from the birthplace, Or whatever those other gods were calling it. Kabos thinks, so that his horn would not effect it. He begins activating it. About a minute, and 5 spots of chaos, later, Kabos arrives at the Palace of the Four Winds.

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The jinns opened the palace gates before Kabos. Even if the structure was carved out of a cloud, the walls looked extremely solid.

Azura' voice echoed in the halls.

"Come."

The goddess invited Kabos in the main lounge. The setup of this room was everchanging. The interior mirrored the guest's emotions and deepest desires. When Kabos entered the lounge, he discovered a cold room immersed in shadows, with only a few candles to light the way. The once beaufitul carpet was burned and covered in blood. Skulls from various creatures hanged in mid-air. Suddenly, the carpet changed into a stairway. Disembodied hands emerged from the walls, trying to get a hold of the newcomer. But nothing of that was real....it was only real to Kabos, anyway. On the other side of the room, Azura sat in her ironwood throne.

"Welcome to my domain. I have asked you to come here to discuss the fate of our children. You may already know of my latest creations, the trolls. Despite their impressive survival skills, they are weakened in sunlight, which makes them easy targets to Aresk. This is unacceptable. That's why I seek a sort of...alliance. If your children, the goblinoids, the drows and the daemons, let my people use the tunnels of the Underdark to move around during the day, my trolls, in return, will tolerate them, unlike most surface dwellers, and even trade with them. They have knowledge which could be of use to your goblins and dark elves."

"This is the pact I offer you. But that doesn't make us allies. It doesn't mean I'll defend you against the wrath of the other gods. That doesn't even mean I trust you. I'm not a fool. However, you have something I want. What do you say, Kabos?"

Azura looked her fellow god in the eyes.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-11 at 06:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

For now, I will agree. But I am going to be thinking it over, and I hold the right to withdraw at any time if I feel i'm on the short end of the stick here. He rubs his currently goatee'd chin. Though you mentioned your distrust of me, I feel we may have a common enemy. Aresk. You and him seem to be at ends quite alot, and of course, I hold no love for a god of justice and light. Perhaps, what with your trolls in the underdark, we could have coordinated strikes against his creatures? I feel it would benefit us both. And provide an excellent reason to keep trolls in the underdark.

Go Tigers!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

"You are right regarding my relation with Aresk. However, I'm a patient goddess. I wouldn't act so soon against him. I want to play all my cards right before thinking of such things. Also, know that my trolls will be creatures of the underdark as well as of the surface world. I wouldn't want my creations to become too tainted by yours."

Azura smiled, then assumed a more neutral expression.

"This is my final word. I will consider helping you against Aresk in the future, but now is not the time. Obviously, you'll have the right to withdraw from our agreement at any time if you think it doesn't suit you anymore. However, never forget that, unlike you, I could theoretically ally with Aresk, if there is an advantage for me in doing so. I prefer you to him...for now. Don't let me down, o great god of chaos."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phelunus walked down the many roads he and others built.

He was a simple God, not one for the infighting of his siblings.
    Or, excuse him, "Diplomacy" they seem to be calling it.

He had questions though, as to why the planet revolved around the giant ball of plasma, and to why the moon circles him and affects the tides, How were they born, and who was watching over them?

these were the questions he pondered as he walked,
    Was there a God?
    he then stopped, and gave himself a hearty laugh.

of course there was, he was one of them.

as for this "Chronos" fella.

he sighed.

Might as well give it a go. make the other gods happy.

Should visit Azura, haven't seen her lately.

And off he vanished, into the citadel of cloud.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Kabos laughs lightly. Me, let you down? Why of course not! he takes he hand and kisses it. Now my dear, if you'll excuse me, there's probably something out there that's fun to mess with, so I'll, unfortunately, be excusing myself. he turns, and walks to the door, turning as he reaches it to blow Azura a kiss, and make a funny face, before stepping out and using his rather unorthodox travel method. 1.3634 minutes and 8 chaos spots later, he's back home, commanding a squad of deamon to spread the word that the trolls are to be allowed into the underdark.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #229

"Fine little conduit of others energy I will goad you no longer. If whoever you serve would like to speak to me I am available and willing to talk to him/her/them/it." Saying this Erothayce disappeared to his temple in the elven city. "Come my children and speak to me of what you have done." And come they did, all of his children came to the temple and spoke to him, of disputes, of laws, of many things and he had time for them all.

erothayce.tumblr.com

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

When Phelenus reached the top of the Tower, he saw nothing. The cloud palace had disappeared. At that moment, the goddess flew down to greet him.

"Ah, Phelenus, my dear friend! I'm glad you came. Sorry for keeping you waiting, I was busy elsewhere. I say, why don't you come with me to my new home? We will be able to talk privately. It's a place even you, the God of Travel, has yet to see. Look up in the sky."

The goddess pointed at the lone moon.

"That is where we are going."

Azura took Phelenus' hand and walked along side him on the rainbow road. The road in question seemed to end abruptly in the sky. In truth, it led to a hidden breach in reality. The other side of the portal was almost indistinguishable from this one; but a watchful eye could tell the difference. The Sky Goddess invited Phelenus to enter.

On the other side, one could see an infinite sky with a handful of islands floating in its vast emptiness. Violent storms given sentience roamed in the vicinity. The only road visible was a single rainbow which linked the Palace of the Four Winds to the prime material plane. There was no sun, but lights shone in the distance, in all directions. They looked like faint stars. But no one was able to reach them, not even get closer to them.

Birds of every species populated the goddess' private domain. Her favorite creature, the peacock, lived on land, in gardens surrounding the Palace. Elementals also moved freely around the divine realm.

Azura looked at Phelenus to see his reaction.

"Do you like it? I created this whole dimension inside the moon. I simply call it the Hollow World."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

As the She-Dragon fumed so too did the twin-gods. The fool mocked their precious daughter, but he would pay for his simple minded arrogance, but for now more important matters called, and so with soothing words spoken in her mind, they calmed her fury. She sat and addressed the remaining gods. So, how shall we handle this situation? Will the time-guardian be created, or any of the laws discussed here finalized?

22. - Top - End - #232

"I am all in favor of creating this time guardian and guardians for this place of our birth.

erothayce.tumblr.com

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

"The time guardian will be created. When we are ready you all be asked to return here and give a bit of yourselves to the task. And I think we all agree to no direct interference with the mortal races. Although a harmless visit or...prank would probably be overlooked." He looks over at the she-dragon, smiling, before looking at all the others. "Are we all agreed then?"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((We could even give our power at any time, no matter where we are. Cog just has to move at the speed of thought and collect the power from all the gods. Anything to speed up the process.))

25. - Top - End - #235

"I am in agreement with this. I do still wish to visit my chldren from time to time.

erothayce.tumblr.com

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The she-dragon smiled, a predators grin splitting her lips, with massive fangs, and two serpents fangs. She spoke Very well... for now and a cloud of shadows billowed up from nowhere, swallowing the area. When it cleared she, the throne, and its shadow were all gone.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cog rushes through the minds of all the gods, collecting a fragment of their divintiy each that they are willing to give, she arrives back in the room, she stands feet wide and holding her hands out, like she is squeezing a giant ball, muscles shaking, eyes closed and teeth gritted (it is not easy to force all the concordant forces together) She eventually gets her hands together, her muscles ripple down her arms and into the ball. She opens her hand and holds out what looks like a clockwork man. "I give you Chronos, time keeper, he will sit here in the Cradle of Creation guarding the passage of time for all eternity" she places him down on the ground and he grows to the size of an iron golem, dwarfing all of the gods. "He has a little of each of us in him, and so is stronger than all, but he is charged with but one task, to stop the mortals and gods alike from interfering with time"

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phelunus marveled at the Hollow world Azura showed him,

he very much liked it.

"It's... nice." he said, trying to put into words what he thought about the wondrous place.

"I don't know why I came to you, but I felt like it, hope you don't mind."

Phelenus felt the need to bring up Aresk moonfell, and his complete lack of diplomacy, he thought he might get a laugh from the sparkling maiden, but he was uncharacteristically quiet, cowed by the quiet grace of Azura.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

The meeting at a close, Hammon returns to his city. Once there he first visits his new dragons, quickly growing into adulthood. He smiles as they nuzzle at him as they would a beloved parent. "Well hello there. Aren't you growing up fast. Soon you shall be ready to enter the world and live on your own. Before you do there a few things you must know." He goes on to explain the world and the races in it, as well as the other gods present.

After the dragons go to sleep, Hammon turns his attention to the new metals he recently created. He labors over his forge, making various items out of various metals, learning their strengths and weaknesses. While working with a particularly hard metal he decided to call mithril, Hammon began worrying about all he had heard at the council. War would come eventually, of that he was certain. Some of the others were just too opposite, and violent, for it not to come to pass.

And war among the gods would mean war among the mortals. He was confident his followers could hold their own. But perhaps if he gained followers amongst the other races as well, they would stand an even better chance. With that thought, Hammon sent an avatar to the dwarves and giants, telling them to send out clerics to their neighbors in an attempt to spread his own religion. In return, his gifts of metallurgy and blacksmithing would be taught.

But what to do with the more powerful of his fellow gods' creations? The angels and demons were particularly worrisome. They contained a fair measure of their masters' powers, making them fearsome foes. While not worried about going forth to fight them, what if someone made a bid for his city? Others may not respect his neutrality if a war were to come.

Just then Hammon looked down and realized what he had created. It was a man made of mithril, armored and carrying a large hammer. A little taller than the average human, it looked very impressive. "The others have their near-divine servants. Why shouldn't I have my own elite?"
    Hammon worked tirelessly and created a legion of the statues. And now for the final touch: he blew some of his divine breath into each of them, bringing them all to life. But they were still no more than golems. But Script could change that.

With that, Hammon set off to go and find Script...
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-08-12 at 11:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

Returning to the Shadows, the Twins felt a need to create a new race. None would know their true patrons, and they would be known to all. Simmith took a scale from their daughter, and took a shadow and traveled the land. They took many forms, a beggar, a blacksmith, a traveler, an angel, a demon, and finally a goblin chieftain. They began to grow fond of the underdark a place where their shadows were powerful and little threatened by the harsh daylight. They saw many temples to them, scattered among the various races. A good number of them were from their own creations, but a fair number were of the varied other races. They decided to create a race in the deeps of the underdark, and none would know of their creators. They had to be unlike them, so that they would not be connected.

They started with a basic shape, it would have the head like a human or an elf, its upper body would be thin and corpse-like, it would have four arms. Two arms would be webbed and double jointed, while two smaller limbs farther down would be like the hand of an elf, soft and smooth, and finally it have the legs of a frog, large and powerful with strong claws. Its skin would be green, its eyes pearls, it would have gills and lungs, and its eyes would have an extra set of clear lids that would close from the sides, its teeth would be long and needlelike, its skin slimy, wet, and cold. Their hair would be like wet rope, hanging down in chords, it would be various dark colors. Last he gave them a dark feral cunning, and a lust for the flesh of the living. He called them Hresk.

The Twins planted the Hresk in the deeps of underdark, in black oceans and seas, and they would head upward on their own. making themselves known. Rumors would spread of strange fishmen living deep beneath the ground.

They smiled to another and retreated to their shadowy world, to watch them grow, outward and upward.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-13 at 12:19 AM.