New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: A God Game

1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A God Game

Returning to his home in the sky Erothayce went immediately to his silver protectors to see how they're education was coming long. Elf: They are learning amazingly fast, lord.
    "That is good for soon they must go out into the world to dispense the law and uphold good. But this learning in the Bastion is doing no good. I will take them into the world and show them it's many varied races adn regions so thy may know it better."
    "As you would have it my lord."
    Erothayce gathered his Protectors in a bubble of divine energy and brought them along to show them the world.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Script

Tending over his Littlefolk creations, Script notices Hammon approach. "Greetings brother, what can I do for you? Glad I am to feel the love of precious metals flowing through your Dwarves."
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

The goddess closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. She was serene even when Cog reached out to her to rip her soul apart. The fragment of Azura's being mixed with the others to form the Keeper of Time. The Feathered Lady felt exhausted. But she knew that this state was only temoporary.

Her plan was now set in motion. Unbeknown to her fellow gods, Cog aside, Azura had let a bigger part of her infuse the construct. Chronos had thus been tainted with the goddess' essence in a imperceptible way. By doing this, she would keep some freedom to meddle with time. Nothing more than a backup plan in case something went wrong.

Azura turned her attention to Phelenus. She noticed his uncharacteristic behaviour, wondering what caused it.

"I don't mind at all. Your presence will always be welcome here. Would you mind staying for a feast in my palace?"

She hoped he would accept her offer. The goddess was eager to learn more about Phelenus, his creations, his dreams...His abilities could really come in handy. She had found in him a perfect ally. After all, they weren't that different. They had many goals in common.

He was also quite charming, she admitted.

(OOC: Azura's plan approved by Demonking.)
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-13 at 10:09 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Cyan's barrier grew more powerful as every year passed. Meanwhile the Mist Walkers built magnificient cities of extreme advancement. Isolationist policies ensured that the Walkers would not become too ambitious. Walkers taught magic in their academies, and the minor steam power and magi-tech advanced. They found they could build machines capable of carrying very heavy loads for up to 30 miles an hour. The people of the Mist City had been numbered ten thousand, and they had just begun to discover alchemical formulas to create healing potions.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phelunus eagerly accepted dinner, but as he began to say it, his face turned ashen and he fell to the ground as part of his soul was used to create the time guardian. Having it so forcefully ripped from him, he struggled to get up as he felt less than whole.

as he was stammering, it was more or less embarrassing.

"I.. AGH.. erm.. guh... I would love to feast with you."

perhaps this feast would fill the hole he found in his soul. as for Azura, he just hoped he had no outbursts like that at dinner.

all roads led to somewhere, lets just hope his doesn't lead to failure.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammons smiles."Greetings to you brother! My dwarves, and to a lesser extent the giants, have found the metals to be most useful. As have I. Which is why I have come to you today. Perhaps you would care to come with me to my home? I have something to show you."

Leading Script to his forge, he shows him the legion of golems he has created. "Behold my newest creations. Made by my own hand and blessed with incredible power because of it, I call them simply Mithril Guardians. They are my answer to the angels and demons the others have created. But as you can see they are not much more than automatons. This is where I was hoping you could help me. Can you make them intelligent, able to act as would any of our other races?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

Khardas came into being. He awoke into a castle, sleepily opening his eyes and looking around. He decided that this wasn't a place that he could settle down in, so he willed himself to the shores of an ocean, where a river's mouth was. This is the place where my worshippers shall reign he said as he crafted a creature from the silt. It looked like a viper, but with a torso and arms, but also with lionfish like fins. He breathed life into it and created a few more. You shall be known as Vipaar and you will rule the waters of this realm, be fruitful and multiply. He then looked to the mighty ocean itself and decided that would be his realm, where no other ruled but him.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-13 at 02:33 PM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon looks up and around, feeling new life being created."Someone else is creating new life as well. In the waters this time." Curious, Hammon sent an avatar to where he felt the new creatures were created to see what they were and who was responsible.

Meanwhile, the dwarves began encountering a strange, semi-intelligent breed of monsters in the underdark. Vicious and cunning, they preyed on those who came too near their watery homes. The dwarves began avoiding such places for fear of what may lie just beneath the surface.

((OOC: I assume the Hresk stay close to water. And that they were more cunning then intelligent. If I'm wrong just let me know.))
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-08-13 at 02:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

Khardas sensed others, but they were unimportant at the moment. Here, my creations, I shall give you a place to live, to sleep, to thrive. He took some coral out of the water and shaped it into a home. He set it down in the waters next to the Vipaar, and watched as a pair of them entered the house. He made more for the half dozen Vipaar that were there and then watched them. He created a few more, made their houses, and then made 6 more. You shall be my clerics, teach the others my way, and lead them. I shall craft you a temple to live and teach my word. Be fruitful and multiply. He crafted them a coral temple and set it down in the middle of the little village, and the clerics went inside. Some of the presences he felt earlier, though in a lesser state, came closer.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-13 at 03:03 PM.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: I don't want them to be too much like Kuo-toa.))

Simmith&Brakin

The Hresk are more cunning than intelligent, but they have "intelligence" when it comes to some things like they have a good grasp of tactics, they aren't the best tacticians ever, but they're pretty good at fighting in the underdark and they are amphibious, so while they prefer being near the water, they aren't afraid to go looking for new water sources.

But, Simmith decided they needed an edge, something to set them apart from the common underdark beasts, they needed an ability that none other had. He gave them the limited ability to create life. By working together, they could bring new species to the world under their command, much like another species might tame a creature, and they could also give the spark of life to corpses, bringing the recently dead back to life.

((OOC: This means that they can work together to make new animals and plants, and working together they can bring people who died in the last 24 hours back to life, anymore than that and the spark is gone, and they can't bring it back))
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon's avatar approached Khardas slowly, studying him as he did so. He stopped several feet away and called to him. "Greetings! I am Hammon, god of life. I sensed what you created here and thought I would introduce myself." He looks over at the Vipaar, then back at Khardas. "Lovely creatures. The oceans could use more attention."

12. - Top - End - #252

Khardas observed this Avatar of "Hammon". Greetings Hammon, My name is Khardas, the new ruler of these oceans, thses are called Vipaar, and they shall rule this coast, but that isn't important right now. Right now, you are my main concern. Are there more like you?

As the god and avatar conversed, The Vipaar were being taught about there god from the priests. They began worshipping him, increasign Khardas' power ever so slightly.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-13 at 03:23 PM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

13. - Top - End - #253

"How do you find the world my children? Do you think you know enough now to enforce order and good?

They al responded with a resounding"YES!"

"I think there is one more thing you need to learn and that is the art of combat. Come let us go home and I will teach you all."

erothayce.tumblr.com

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Hammon frowned momentarily, not sure if this was their 'mystery' god or not. He quickly smiled and nodded."You mean gods? Yes, there are several. I am sure the others will stop by to visit you as well before too long."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

After gifting their people, The Twins turned to new ventures. They felt the tremors as the new god was born, and went to investigate. They were hidden, and they were intrigued. They had never given much thought to the sea, oh what wonders there were. What most intrigued them however, was the bottom of the oceans. Down in the crags no light reached, and creatures dwelled, unknowable.

They got an idea. They left to their shadowy home, and began to craft a creature. They used the scale of their shadow dragon, and crafted a new beast for the depths. They would be intelligent beyond measure, their minds dwarfed only by their size. They would be massive creatures which resided in the depths and crags, and their rising would cause all others to flee. They made them a dark sea green, with massive scales, and streaks of dark blue down their sides. They would be long but bulky, with a mouth as tall and wide as their body, capable of swallowing ships whole. They gave them a dozen eyes, each more massive then the last, with one massive eye in the center, all these eyes would be compound, and they could see even in the total absence of light. They had dozens of fins, some massive and some small, they were symmetrical, and then they gave them limbs with which to grasp, but no ordinary limbs. They were massive tentacles which sprouted from their backs and stomachs, with suction cups that could secrete poisons. Finally, their scales would suck up the light, and they could travel from the seas to the shadow realm at will. They were called Heleophants.

After all this, they created a portal at the very depths of the ocean between the shadow realm and the sees, and shadows would seep into the oceans from here. From this crag came the Heleophants, once ever year they would rise, not necessarily to the tops, but into the light, the reasons would be unknown, even to themselves for they were driven to do so, but the brothers knew... the would rise to cause trouble. These leviathans would age so slowly, they would make mountains appear young, but they would breed slowly as well, one being born every dozen or so years.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

A being approached Khardas carefully. It was a towering and dark-skinned man wearing flowing clothes of bright color. He walked on air as if it was solid.

"I apologize if I'm interrupting something. My Queen wants to let you know that she sensed your arrival, and that she's ready to receive you in her palace when you feel like it. To reach the palace is simple: you only have to follow the Rainbow Roads."

The jinn was ready to fly away when he cursed his forgetfulness.

"I almost forgot to tell you the name of my Queen. She is Azura, Goddess of the Sky, the Storm Maiden."

17. - Top - End - #257

Feeling the rise of a new god Erothayce sent one of his elves to make contact.

"Hello Lord. My father would like to speak with you if you would so choose. He can be found in the Bastion of law in the sky. His name is Erothayce and he is a good god. Thank you for your time.

With that the elf left.

erothayce.tumblr.com

18. - Top - End - #258

The first sentence is a response to Hammon's avatar.

Very good, Then I shall see them when they come. Right now, the seas need tending to, my Vipaar as well. He said farewell to the avatar and went back to the Vipaar.

He found that they began to breed, and had built their own spawning grounds for their young, which looked like lesser forms of the adults. They also made themselves clothing, and weapons for hunting. The greatest of the hunters lived in the house closest to the temple. Hmm, Maybe I should make this hunter their Hero.

He decided that if this Vipaar was hero, then he'd need a weapon that matched his status. So he crafted a blade from some of the stones in the ocean, and enchanted it with the power of the tides.

But then a problem arose: He couldn't give the sword directly to his hero, lest the others become jealous. So he decided to create another kind of creature, but this one was more spiritual than physical. It would be made of pure ocean: A water Elemental.

He shaped them and armed them with coral armor and tridents. He then gave the first one he made, the leader, the sword to give to the hero, with his blessing. He then took a massive piece of coral an created a castle near the Vipaar village. This will be my abode, and all of my creations will be welcome here. He was going to step inside, but avatars of other gods appeared and offered him a chance to speak.

He pondered both and decided to come to the realm of the Sky Goddess first.
    He willed himself to Azura's throne room and Kneeled. I am Khardas, God of the Deeps, of Knowlege, and of Creation, I am here to speak.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-13 at 04:22 PM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

Azura then invited Phelenus inside her palace, where a table full of exotic foods was set up. The Sky Goddess sank into her seat.

"I hope it is to your taste."

Azura had obviously noticed Phelenus' weakness. She was feeling sorry for him; he had never really agreed to this Chronos business. She still thought it was all worth it.

"So, Phelenus, what did you think of the other gods, at the meeting? I-"

A jinn interrupted the goddess. It seemed this new god was already here to meet her. She excused herself and flew to the throne room where Khardas had arrived.

"Ah, greetings! Like you must have been told already, I am called Azura, the Feathered Lady. I command the storms. All matters of flying creatures are my children. So, it seems you are new to this world? It is intriguing. Tell me about yourself."

She paused a moment to think. She made a gesture to one of the jinns. He left the room to return immediately with an egg.

"But before anything else, please accept this gift. It will grow into a powerful creature."

Fortunately, Cog had already given thought to this egg.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-13 at 04:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260

Khardas accepted the egg with gratitude. Thank you, milady, he said as he rose. I am, as I said, a god of the oceans, and as such, I am here to protect the depths and those who would cross it. My people are the Vipaar, and my couriers are water elementals. I have created my Coral Citadel on the banks of the mouth of a river, and that is also where my Vipaar live. I am neutral in all affairs, but I also have a hatred of evil, and I fear they are beginning to corrupt even the mighty seas. You have my allegiance in times of trouble, Featherd Lady. Right now I must leave to talk another god who has granted me a chance to speak. He bowed, thanked her once again for the egg, then departed for the good god Erothayce.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

21. - Top - End - #261

Feeling the other god in his citadel Erothayce leaves his protectors with his elven battle masters to continue learning.

"Welcome to my home god of oceans. I am known as Erothayce and I am the god of Law. I am a good god and hold an abhorrence for evil in all forms. I simply wished to introduce myself to you and to meet you.
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-08-13 at 04:41 PM.

erothayce.tumblr.com

22. - Top - End - #262

I Am Khardas, and I am ruler of the Tides, My people are the Vipaar, and my abode is the Coral Citadel.I fear that evil has already began to taint my realm. I sense a new creature in the deeper parts of my realm. A creature tainted by darkness. I have already sworn aid to the Featherd Lady, and I shall also swear alligiance to you in your time of need . My people shall never wage war with either of your or her creations, and shall be hostile towards your enemies forever more. Until next we meet, lord of good. With that, he bowed low and then willed himself back to his realm. He found that his Vipaar village was a small town now, with two temples to him, a barracks to train soldiers, a small dock where fishers went out on fishing boats, and now a wall around the whole perimeter. The Hero's house was now noticably bigger than the rest, and he now was proceeded by 2 priests everywher he went. He became the leader of the town.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-13 at 04:57 PM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Azura

Azura was pleased to meet the new god of the depths. He seemed like a reliable person. He wasn't wrong about evil growing in power, either.

The Goddess soon returned to Phelenus.

"I am sorry, but I couldn't let this fellow god wait too long. Now, where were we? Ah, yes, the council. I am a little worried about what will come out of Kabos' actions. I am all for Balance, but we must keep a close eye on him. He's entertaining but dangerous. Dare I say insane? Not to mention Algul...a pyromaniac."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-13 at 05:01 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

That one time of year had come, and the Heleophant rose from the depths. They did not gather in numbers often, even during these times the most you would see are perhaps one to three in a pod, and usually even then breeding was the main reason. And so, the great leviathans of the deep rose, and the light dimmed with their passing, and shadows seeped into the upper seas.

As far down but in the deeps of the land, the Hresk began to grow in number, their eggs were hatching and they needed more space to expand and create their primitive kingdoms. The Hresk looked outward, but they also looked upward, they would often seek caverns where water flowed down, and would find passages to the area above them, in search of new bodies of water. They had also created a new kind of animal, it was called a Klolog, it was about half the size of a horse, it had webbed feet and looked like a cross between a dog, a frog, and a fish. It had huge bulbous eyes, and a big mouth, with a large bag under its mouth where it made croaking sounds. Its mouth was filled with large daggerlike fangs, and it could sense heat with its eyes and sensitive webbed hands, they served as the Hresks hounds, and they could sense the heat of living creatures many days after they had passed.

The Hesh, the shapeshifters, had also developed in the time the Twins were away. They had created their own small kingdom, but it posed as a human kingdom. It was forged in the lands near the elves, but it was a good distance away. They traded with the humans and elves and did not make war, but those who lived nearby found their official religion, the warship of shadows and dark places, disturbing.

25. - Top - End - #265

Khardas saw that his Vipaar town was self-sufficient, and he decided to create safeguards in the ocean. He improved upon the water elementals design, making larger, more powerful ocean elementals. He also created celestial sharks, orcas and sperm whales to defend against anything dark that appeared. Lastly, he empowered his egg with the wrath of the ocean, and the knowlege only the tides could bring. When he was done, the Oceans and seas were safer than anyone could imagine. Ocean elemental fortresses dotted the sea floor, and a group of massive citadels circled the abyssal trench that the dark presence was eminating from. Even only a brief time in existance, Khardas was ready for war. He sat with his egg in the throne room of the Coral Citadel.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

26. - Top - End - #266

Feeling a dark presence rising in the oceans Erothayce went to Khardas to see if he needed any help. "Do you require assistance friend? If you can devise a way for some of my followers to breathe underwater they can assist with any problems that come up."

erothayce.tumblr.com

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Can I like suicide my god, and make a new one? I have a tottaly awesome intro, thought up for a god of madness, death, and summouning.)

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The Heleophants were being blocked in, and their trench was being guarded. This could not stand. First they gifted the Heleophants with the ability to use the shadows they eminated and their ability to shift into the shadow plain to blink past suck defences, teaching them how to swim through the shadows to distant locations.

Next he set about creating a new race. He liked the sharks, and the squids and octopi also appealed to the Twins, and so, they sought to combine their features. They gave them sharp cutting fins and gills, and made their eyes large and able to see in the deepest darks, then they gave them arms that had webbed and clawed fingers. They were gifted with the heads of sharks, and bodies which would accomadate them, and like sharks their teeth and claws would grow back. For their lower body, they gave them dozens of tentacles. They could move on both land and in the sea with the tentacles, walking on them like feet on land, and using them to swim in the see like octopi. They also gave them two longer tentacles that were thinner, but had heads like hands that could grasp things, like squids, and so too like squids and octopi, in the center of their tentacles was a large beak. Their skin would be like a sharks, and would cut those who tried to grasp it, they could also breath on land.

They taught these new creations how to manipulate the shadows like the Heleophants, and they named them Sarmini. They told the Sarmini that the Heleophants were holy, and were their avatars. They taught the two races to work in harmony. The Sarmini would build cities and defenses on the bodies of the gargantuan Heleophants, and they would help defend eachother and work together, and the Sarmini would worship Simmith&Brakin through the Heleophants. They gave them a few cities on the latest Heleophants to rise, and taught them how to create more, and how to craft weapons and armors from the resources both in the shadow world, and in the seas. Neither race were evil, but they would defend themselves if need be.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-13 at 05:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269

Very well. My Vipaar are already equipped with water breathing capabilities, and my celestial ocean kind are ready, but I have sensed giant creatures in the depths, and I too shall make a creature that can match its size. With that, he used his powers of creation to engineer a new beast. A creature with the ferocity of the shark, the agility of an orca, and the sheer strength of the sperm whale, plus a bit of the crocadilian essence of himself, to create what he dubbed Leviathain. The creature was huge, larger than any other beast known in the depths to Khardas. It was loyal to him and only followed his command. Khardas crafted for himself massive armor and a large sword out of coral and wrecks of ships he found at the bottom of the sea. He, an army of ocean creatures, and a leviathain base, all went to the citadel ring around the Trench, and waited until one of the dark creautres slipped up. Then, he sensed something...more to these creatures. They weren't evil, but something down there definitely was. Khardas called to these creatures to show themselves in order to ease tensions. I am deeply sorry for my hostility, please show yourselves.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-13 at 06:36 PM.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Simmith&Brakin

The beast opened its vast jaws, and an echoing call blasted through the depths, below the high priest of the city that resided on his back translated, his voice magically enhanced by divine spells. Why do you try and keep us here, when our lords gave us the gifts to be free? he called
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-13 at 06:39 PM.