New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in Glass IC

Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    Im going to say "no" under the assumption that this system doesnt allow them to keep their memories and thus they are not forced to follow you a second time.

And, three new acts for everyone, as i suspect most of you have used all yours up.
    ((OOC: Yea, they forget their past lives, except for blurbs like skills, like if someone was a powerful mage in a past life, one of their new lives might manifest an inherent magical skill as a result, but things like who they worship and such is forgotten.))
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vesper

The power of thee prayers of his worshippers rejuvanated the god. It felt good, he was powerful once again able to do anything he pleased.

Entering into a meditative trance he listened to all those who in hatred who lashed out at their fellow man, they took oaths against each other, wished each other ill, they hoped their fellow men would die. Vesper would honor these oaths in exchange for the oathtakers soul. Not everyone who took an oath would be beholden to him, he would pick and choice who he decided. If someone wished the death of another, he may kill that man and that man would go to his final reward but the man who wished him ill would now belong to Vesper. And woe to anyone who utters "May Vesper take you!" Drawing in all the hatred that exists in the world he becomes one with it, waiting for it to flare up within the mortals.

<taking the hatred domain with a creation act>
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Khasis

Khasis excused himself and left the presence of the other gods. Using his impressive mental powers, he moved his soul receptacle from the distant cavern to his island sanctuary. It would be safe there. Khasis returned to its natural state and entered the statue to get some rest.

After some time spent in his retreat, the Learned God felt strong again. He was now aware of the growing number of his worshippers and was pleased. His influence was countering that of the evil gods.

When Khasis emerged of the statue and flew outside, he felt somewhat...drawn to a place of darkness, a place he had always avoided before. Why was it different now? The Unbodied decided to go investigate. So he traveled to the heart of the searing desert, to Basalt Keep.

All of the fortress' defenses were intact. Khasis passed through the walls, unseen and unheard. Inside, the smell of death was everywhere. It was full of vermins of all kind. In one chamber, the god saw Ascendants sleeping on top of a pile of bones. He also met live Ensi in the dark hallways of the keep. Their eyes were pupil-less and seemed to absorb light. Those Ensi who still lived there were overrun by madness and corruption. They only felt hatred for the creatures outside. They were not savages, however. They were organized and united under a leader, Simet VI, the last great champion of Sesketh the Cruel.

Khasis was saddened by what he saw, but it was too late to help them. He continued his journey and found himself in a vault. He found ancient scrolls relating great battles and describing various martial arts. The Mediator was obviously against all forms of violence. But, at the same time, he understood the importance of those documents. So he took them back with him and stored them in the Krystallen's library.

4. - Top - End - #454

Vesper

The Dark Elves hungered for blood. They had built their cities, expanded their power base and improved their martial and magical prowess. Dark Elven crafters created gargoyles, some of which even rivaled those created by Vesper himself, who would of thought of metal gargoyle? Battle would come soon, but not against the Under Empire they were not yet ready. First, they would cut their teeth on surface raids. They just needed a proper mount for their lightning fast raids.

A large lizard would be most appropiate. Nearly the size and weight of a horse they hug the ground with four legs, their feet are sticky allowing them to cling to walls and ceilings despite their large size. Possessing an excellent scent of smell they are excellent trackers able to aid their riders in pursuit of their quarry. Fearsome beasts in their own right they are not above trampling creatures underfoot, tearing them with sharp talons or snapping at enemies in front of them with razor sharp rancid teeth. This was his gift to his people and their cue to start nighttime raids against those who dwell on the surface(but not the people of the Under Empire.)

Satisified for now, Vesper decides it is time to speak to the god of beasts. "Tion, Lord of the Beasts. Please grant me the pleasure of your presence in my realm. We have much to discuss." He telepathically tells the god.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Tion looked at the god of "protection" "That is because those choices are evil. That is like saying as creature in a pure good town is not intelligent because it does not know what murder is. Anotyher god wishes from my presense so good bye for now."

Tion teleports himself to Vesper.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Barbarian in the Playground

Back on his home plane Erothayce felt a new rush of power. "Ah, new worshipers. A welcome influx of power.
    Emboldened by this new power Erothayce decided to create a new race to populate the world. He decided to create a race to populate the skies. They would be fierce, intelligent, big, and wise. He would call them dragons and there would be more than one kind. He gathered his powers and created dragons with scales the color of gold, and silver, and shadow. He gave them the know how to use magic and the knowledge of the world. He gave them fearsome breath weapons and claws to defend themselves with. He then sent them out into the world.

(Lets call this an act so now I have 4. I really hope no one else has made dragons or i'm going to feel like and idiot.)
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

7. - Top - End - #457

Vesper

Excellent, the beast god has arrived. It was time to begin setting the grand plan into motion. "Greetings, brother god. I have come to understand that you are having an issue with Barin who has tampered with your creations. I too, am having difficulty with some of his creations. I believe we can work together in correcting this matter."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"He seems to live for trying to cause difficulty for his fellow gods." Said Tion after listening to Vesper and thinking it over. "What you say intrigues me. What do you have in mind, Vesper?"

9. - Top - End - #459

Vesper

"He steals people and ideas from other gods in his bid to create the Under Empire, which is strong but it is not without weakness. If attacked from above they fall back into their tunnels for defense, if attacked from below they can retreat towards the surface. If they are attacked from both at once they will have no place to retreat to and consolidate their forces. What I propose is that in the near future, we attack together. Your most fearsome animals will attack his surface and near surface towns overwhelming his people, destroying his crops and cutting trade routes. At the same time from the depths of the earth my creations will swarm upwards capturing the Under Empire's mining operations and underground forts."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin watched the cowardly god leave. He had need to be cautious about that one, and with the new Dark Elves below he needed to shore up his defenses. He knew nothing could challenge the Under Empire below ground, even now War Golems and Ensi Psionics were entering patrols and guarding the fortresses, and walls were being erected to keep people out of certain paths, but he needed something to protect his followers above from the creatures of the forest. Barin remembered the Terrasque, he knew that even that simpleton could pose a threat if he had a mind to, and Barin knew he had a mind to.

Barin felt revitalized, he felt power course through his veins. He knew he could do great feats of divine power, and he intended just that. First, he fortified the above towns by increasing the number of Golems and Necromancers they got, and he commanded all the above ground cities walls be fortified. He also commanded that animals were to be penned up, and watched carefully. He knew that god of animals would not miss an opportunity to spite him, and he would not let it be the downfall of his people.

He then meditated on the coming trials, and he strengthened his resolve. He would need to fight if Tion tried to come after him, or the Dark Elves patron if he chose to involve himself. And so, he drew in all the prayers and worship of his people, all those who now prepared for battle, and all those who would soon fight the Dark Elves. He drew these into himself and absorbed their strength, and he knew that they became his strength as well

Now, he needed to continue to fortify the underground, the more people he could save from the Dark Elves the better. He looked about a cavern and inspiration struck. He took some of the Stalagmites and Stalactites, and shaped it. He gave them each massive fang filled mouths, with acid to melt through armor and weapons. He then gave them multifaceted eyes to see all around them, and gave them long dexterous limbs. He then gave them thousands of tiny feet, so they could crawl around either on the ceilings, walls, or ground of caverns. He then gave them the ability to change color and alter their forms slightly, and blend seamlessly into the environment. He then commanded them to guard the passageways, and hunt for meals, and they obeyed. He then educated his people about these creatures, telling them to be wary of them in the forgotten tunnels, and he taught them techniques to find them and avoid them.

Finally he willed himself to the location of Erothayce, and asked for his council. Friend Erothayce, I believe there is a new god plaguing the undergrounds of my peoples, there are dark and twisted creatures, new to the tunnels, which pose a threat to my people and their safety. He then told him of the Dark Elves, and what he had seen of them, asking if Erothayce had ever seen anything like that before

((OOC: Thats one act to grab a new domain, fighting/battle/war))

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(Which one?)

Tion

Tion looks at Vesper and smiles, "Now what time do you which to go through with this plan of yours? I a most definately interested in this plan. What do you know about the capabilities of the under empire. But can't we just create a famine?"

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk examined the city of Auir, with the blessing f the god of thought they had advaqnced quickly, and were quite intellegent, yet they could not handle tools, due to them having no opposable thumbs, so thus he gifted them with incredible grip strength, and he rediesgined their hands so they could handle tools, and raise animals (the bit, and bridle.).

He then went to Shakuras, and foun the protos struglling with mining, they were unable to break through the glass to make the mining shafts, so he sent down an Angelic Transmuter, and rather new practice, and had him transmute large sections of the glass into soft soil, with rock, and grass mingled within the soil. The Protoss at Shakuras rejoiced at the sight of this angelic being turning their barren land into farmable, and liveable land.

13. - Top - End - #463

"I can't say that I have friend Barin but I have no doubt they are deadly. Vesper is evil like that. I would be wary of attacks.

erothayce.tumblr.com

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin nodded, thinking for a moment. I know you have little love for Vesper, and right now I must say I agree with the sentiment. Would you wish to work together, to end the threat of Vespers ways? His interest in the tunnels of the deep underground come at an inopportune time, what with my most recent disagreements with Tion. The beast god has a special hatred for me, and its a sentiment I return.

15. - Top - End - #465

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    (Which one?)

Tion

Tion looks at Vesper and smiles, "Now what time do you which to go through with this plan of yours? I a most definately interested in this plan. What do you know about the capabilities of the under empire. But can't we just create a famine?"
    Leaning back Vesper ponders the question. "It will be in sometime I can not say exactly, it is when my creations are ready to engage in battle. Now I am testing their resolve in battle. A famine would do well to weaken their resolve but it would not kill them outright, Barin would step in to end it. Now, if you could summon swarms of locust on the eve of our attack to decimate their crops/"

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(i saw no mention of Versper)

Tion

Tion wondered about creating butterflies and make them attack from above. Then he realises that's silly and destroys the alcohol inside his body. "oh how have I been acting? What are you god of?"

"I am the lord of plants, he could not end my famine. A swarm of locusts seems easy enough."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-18 at 02:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467

"I would enjoy ending his existence. If it looks bad I will pull out, of that I am making no secret. I will give you what assistance I can."

erothayce.tumblr.com

18. - Top - End - #468

Vesper

It was a loaded question, Vesper knew. "Truthfully Tion, I pay little attention to how gods act so i can not say. I am only concerned with the actions of others when they look to meddle in affairs they do not belong, and violate others creations."

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"So tell me when you wish to go through with this plan of yours. I shall be their for time for Barin to get his just deserts. Hopefully he'll learn what it feels for another god to ruin their followers." Said Tion teleporting to Uso.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin agreed. And I would enjoy ending Tions existence. Those two are a plague upon the rest of us, even Sesketh was preferable, at least he was more agreeable. I would have preferred that it not come to battle, but such foolish gods always seek to undermine the efforts of others. Tell me, do you know who created the elves? If I could I would speak to them of this corruption.

21. - Top - End - #471

"I ahve been watching many things from the shadows and I have found it to be Vesper who created these "Dark elves". I believe he seeks to create an empire to rival your creations own."

erothayce.tumblr.com

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

I would think that to be evident, but what I meant was, Vespers strength seems to lie in corrupting the creations of others, I see very few original ideas he has come up with. I believe that his "Dark Elves" might come from another race, corrupted and changed from their original forms. In this case, I could surely garner the aid of the god who's creations have been so corrupted.

23. - Top - End - #473

"Ah yes the base race that he took from was the elves. You could I suppose bring this up to him and see if he would like to do something of it."

((I don't remember who created elves.))

erothayce.tumblr.com

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(nobody created elves)

Tion

Tion was in Uso's presence. He was thinking about how to defeat Barin and was thinking of sending a plague of insects. After all most conventional weapons don't work on insects and with a group with powerful deadly poison. Sending a message to Vesper When this happens I recommend you fight Barin, personally.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-18 at 03:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin mulled it over. At the least I could enlist the of the elves, no doubt they would not take kindly to such corruption. Also, how does Aresk feel towards you? I know he doesn't like me, but he hold little love of Vesper. If you could garner his aid against Vesper, I could focus on Tion. That overproud god has no strengthened himself in awhile, but I have. He stands little chance against me.

26. - Top - End - #476

"I believe Aresk and i are on neutral terms. If it is against Vesper then i'm almost certain I can enlist his aid."

erothayce.tumblr.com

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

Tion sends a message to Aresk. "i need to fight Barin. Can I have your word that you won't oppose me."

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

That is good to hear. I do not wish to hold a grudge against Aresk. For all his shortsightedness, he is a well meaning god who's goals of protecting his people I can well understand.

Barin began pondering. Over this time, he had been so caught up in his own peoples efforts, he had forgotten one of his fundamental purposes. He was a god of kingdoms, of rulership. He had a devious plan, that was unexpected from one so honest. He began to whisper to the leaders of all the various Dark Elven cities, as only a god of such people could. He spoke to them, claiming to be the voice of power, and a messenger of their god. He told each that Vesper thought the others unworthy, and that to truly gain his favor, they must cull this unworthiness, both from the others, and of their own cities. He told each that it was their destiny to rule all the Dark Elves. In this, it was solely his own words. He spoke to each ones ambition for rulership. He told them that they were destined for power and that they must strike the others down, and seize their place as the true kings of the Dark Elven kingdom. He whispered long, in their dreams, in the backs of their minds, undermining their faith in their fellows. He knew the depths of their hatred and ambition, and he sought to turn this against their fellow Dark Elves, turning each into a bitter and power hungry potential king. He well knew what happened to nations who's aristocrats vied for the rulership, often several powerful leaders would name themselves king, and fight amongst themselves. He knew Vesper would step in to end it, but he would always whisper to these people, and eventually his whispers came of their own accord, he knew that any bit of chaos he could spread among these people would benefit him, and so he continued to speak to their ambition.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk recieved the messages from Erothryce, and Tion simuletaneously, their messengers spouting out their messages, and fighting each other o get it out first, he divided the two, and saw that no damage had been done, and being freindly towards Tion, allowed his meessenger to speak first in its odd screcchy voice.
    "I hold no great love for barin, he is a fool who interfers in the duels of gods, and calls out the one who was merely defending himself, and his peoples, you may tell you master, that I will not attack him if he decides to attack his underfortress."

HE then turned to erothryces messenger, and chucjkled a little at the spirts message.
    "I see your master, has finnaly decided to take my offer to strike against the undead abomination, very well then merely allow me to assemble a force of Protoss, and Angels, and I will be there shortly."

with that he took a piece of the protoos, and forged their opposites from the beings at shakuras, while the regular protoos would be a peaceful people, these Ris'vier, would be their warrior cast, invisible to sight, due to light being able to find their forms, and they wieled deadly scimitars made of the same light they were, which could rend steel as a steel blade could cut paper
    , and he took the force of these new Ris'vier along with a rather large force of angels, and sent forth a message to Erothryces realm, proclaiming that his armies, would join with Erothryces own forces once he was there, ad the battle against Vesper could begin.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Khasis

Khasis was teaching the Arbiters when he suddenly felt sick.

"I do not understand. The gods first celebrate a month of peace and then go back to scheming against the others. I sense that war is brewing. It greatly saddens me."

The Learned God left the security of the sanctuary to travel the underground. There, he spied on both dvergars and dark elves. Like he feared, those were preparing for war. He only saw one solution. Well, not a definite solution...but it would slow them down.

Khasis used some of his newfound power to separate the two undeground kingdoms. The Under Empire remained at it's current location (to make sure that the surface outposts stay connected). Vesper's tunnels, however, were transported to another part of the world.

((OOC: I'm waiting to have Stormthorn's approval on this major creation act. However, it's definitely relevant to his peace domain. He's simply isolating two opposing factions to prevent the conquest of one or another.))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-18 at 04:31 PM.