New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in Glass IC

"I for one will be taking no champion. My creations can do well enough on their own. They are intelligent and good fighters and magic users so i have no fear for them. Does that help alleviate you fears Vesper? I shall not have a super powerful champion."
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vesper

"I would want a pledge that you would not strip the power of any worshippers of another god. I am sure we can all agree that having one of our own destroy the world would not be beneficial and that we can be trusted to control our own followers in the way we see fit."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

3. - Top - End - #123

"I can give you my pledge that I will not needlessly or wantonly strip power for no reason. If I feel that there is a real crisis in the wold abut to happen I will strip a mortal of their power. I will never strip a god of theirs. Ever. You have my pledge on that.

erothayce.tumblr.com

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin nodded to Vespers words. I am a god of protection, and defense, if anything threatens the world it will be MY duty to handle it, and if such a threat can destroy me, he will no doubt have found a way to keep his powers, no matter the cost. The only people who develop such catastrophic power with an aim to use it are selfish and power hungry, they would not look kindly upon having their power taken from them.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Artures looks up, surprised "You cannot strip the power from a god. Our power is of an entirely different nature than that you let the mortals use. If you're trying to make a threat, you're failing.The issue of safety is moot, as I fail to see how anything could destroy us."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barins face set, it was so cold and hard that it seemed indistinguishable from a statue until he spoke, his words had the same steely edge as his face. I do not speak of stripping the power from a god, I speak of killing him, and if you think no mortal can be capable of this... he pauses ..then you are a fool.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-12 at 09:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vesper

"So you agree not to interfere with other god's followers?" Vesper poses to Erothayce.

"And, we can indeed be destroyed Artures, if all who worship us are destroyed. We have no one left to gain our godly powers from. Do you not feel the drain every time you perform an act of true power? Do you not feel the pulse of new life when someone prays to you for good fortune?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

8. - Top - End - #128

"It is no threat I am making. i am merely assuring others of the fact that i will not abuse my power. And yes defend all you want but I will be watching the mortals so that they will not use the power they have for catastrophic purposes.

erothayce.tumblr.com

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Uso listens to the others argue, shaking his head. What point was this to him anyways? None of their followers could live where his people did. He had his space, and they had their's. He shifts in his seat. He sighs as he listens to the circular argument. Finally he states, "So he will only interfere if he thinks someone is causing too much trouble. I don't think he is going to give you the pledge you seek."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sesketh

"I will let my people learn those arcane spells you speak of. However, they won't rely on them to survive. Martial techniques are a lot more reliable...as are clerical powers."

"So, is there any reason for me to stay longer?
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-12 at 09:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I have a wonderful reason for you to stay longer, Sesketh. Sit. Eat something." says Artures, "And just in case any of you care, I don't agree to any of the rules you all are trying to impose"
    Last edited by Cruxador; 2008-08-12 at 09:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barins frown deepened, he looked first to the slothful god. That is because you are a lawless, anarchic, fool. No doubt you would oppose any rules, even if they benefited you. He turned to Uso He says he seeks balance, but he refuses to allow rules and laws to even the playing field. He speaks to all the gods. It is true too many laws is wrong and we should not try to limit everything, but there must be some laws, to impose balance and order, if not for us then for the sakes of our followers.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-12 at 10:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

I agree. There must be some laws. Bevidia contributes. No god should seek to bar a power given to mortals from them, save for a power that could either destroy one of us, or lead to a world changing catastrophe. No god should intervene in a war between mortals. Nor should they seek to destroy completely the worshipers of another with that, she gives an look to Vesper. I'm sure there are more, but they can be decided upon when the come up. I, for one, feel that those are the truly needed ones. They balance the power of gods, seek to keep the cycles going, to balance power, by not letting a god die, and will work to avert some of the needless infighting we will surely have.

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Uso considers Bevidia's words. After a moment he nods. "I can accept those. Provided others do. But I will interfer for the sake of me and mine if another does so first."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Barin

Barin inclines his head for a moment, then looks to Bevida. I understand preventing mortals from killing gods, but we mustn't take our preventative measures to far. In our haste to protect ourselves from wrathful mortals, could we not prevent an aspiring mortal from achieving godhood of their own?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Banned

Stormthorn stretches and unfolds his legs.
    Brothers, sister. None of this talk really pertains to me, but i would like to contribute this bit. We must leave the door opens for mortals to achieve divinity.

Uvithile arrives in the meeting, in his druid form, bringing with him the sickly sweet smell of a corpse begining to decay.
    I am late. I apologize.
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2008-08-13 at 12:40 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"I will not follow your rules. Though I'll make deals with gods. If you won't do something as simple and easy as I ask. To not destroy that is in my domains. If you can't do that then why should I not intefere in the fate of mortals." Tion looked at them making his feelings clear. "Why should we allow mortals to become divine? I see no reason to."

Outside Bevidia's jungle the tarrasque falls asleep.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Sesketh

Sesketh was prepared to fight this pathetic God of Light and Justice if needed. He readied an attack but Barin stepped in before he could act. Instead of trying his luck against the Great Shield, Sesketh remained calm, putting away his weapons. He looked in the eyes of Aresk, then took his place among the other gods.

"So be it. I'll stay to hear what everyone has to say. If you want to set rules...I'll play by them."

Most of the time, he added mentally.
    Aresk, paladiny god of stick up the bum.

Aresk's eyes burned brightly, as you stared into them a knowing came about ye' that you had mde a great enemy this day.
    Aresk thought to himself of plans of battle, and how he knew one day this pathetic excuse for a god would fall, in his attempted conquest of this land, for he would not take this slight to his honor lying down, he was indeed going to have to sit back though for now. Aresk, looked up at the mention of champions, and with his voice still quivering aa bit from anger, he spoke

"I have already made a champion, and he has trained others in the ways of battle, the oder is known only as the shining ones, and they in addition to being my warriors, hold my sermons to this day. Also seeing as I have gone ahead, and done most of the things this council mentions, I would partake of my leave if you would be so kind as to allow it, oh grand god of death, and magic."

19. - Top - End - #139

"Feel free to go oh hotheaded god of battle." Erothayce says impishly.

erothayce.tumblr.com

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"You unlike most are a decent god. Can I not persuade you to stay? It would be a shame for us to come to decisions without another kind decent mind which is willing to compromise." Said Tion. "Can we at least hear your view on non-interference?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk sat back down, when one of the REASONABLE gods, spoke
    he then sighed heavily, and began to speak.

"My view on it is, that gods should be able to interfer, with major conflicts, between theirs, and others followers, it is our right to defend our children, and I dont wish to see the little angel I just taught to walk DIE on the battlefield, every creation is a brother, a father, a mother, a son, or a daughter, to some other creation, and to me all life is important, and if a little of my divine blood has to be shed to prevent the lives of my people being wasted because I was to pompus to go out, and pratice on the battle field, then so be it."
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-08-13 at 04:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

As Aresk spoke Tion nodded, acting as if he is deep in thought and mulling on Aresk's words. "I don't think anyone with a compassionatebone in their body could possibly argue with that. I'd reccomend us talking about some other business, if we talk about anything at all."

23. - Top - End - #143

"I care not which way you all go I am merely stating the fact that too much interference could be disastrous." Erothayce entertains himself by creating various things out of the shadows. A spoon, a fork, a fusion of the two. He decided to call them Sporks and to distribute them to all the races. He sent messengers to all of the intelligent races touting the usefulness of this new tool.

((This thread needed more humor, that's all I have to say))

erothayce.tumblr.com

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk sat shaving with a set of daggers he dubbed "shaving razors" (since we're doing humor.) as he waited for the gods to bring up another interesting topic of anysort, eventually getting bored with waiting he decided to set up a topic of his own.
    "The land is barren, and water scarce, whhat are we to do if our people run out of water, cause after all to create water we need moisture in the air, and that is particulary scarce in the desert regions."

25. - Top - End - #145

"I do believe that this is the gods of life and storms realms is it not? I ahve no experience in those matters. My creations are well off and do not want for water or food. That is all I know."

erothayce.tumblr.com

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"If our people need water then we create water with our magic or our divine powers. We can all do that can't we?." Said Tion looking somewhat confused. "Or if you can't do that you take water from the nice sea. I really don't see what the problem is."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, i merely worry for the humans, who although they are frail physicaly, have great potential in most things, but as mentioned, they currently lack a means of supporting themselves in this barren wasteland, except for divine help, after all you cannot farm, or grow plants on glass."

28. - Top - End - #148

"Perhaps a place could be created for them. Pool the gods who care powers together to strip away a section of the glass and create fertile lands like I did for my ogres."

erothayce.tumblr.com

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Tion

"True." Said Tion, hoping that all the humans would die and rot in the desert. "If you care about the humans that much can't you merely create a river or lake for the humans. I would not help to allow the humans to survive for that would be power I could not use to help the animals."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-13 at 07:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Aresk nodded though obviously he was unconsoled.
    "I understand, your worry for the animals, for they are just as much a part of creation as we are, but I believe if we created a network of rivers, we could help them all, having them all flow from the sea would make it quite abit easier, and the purfiying waterfalls, will make the water drinkable by all the creatures of the laned weather man, animal, or god, this river will benfit us all."