New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A New God-Game Rules System - Game Thread

That's what you get for having an octopus for a head.
    Anyway...

And Mycellius looked upon his people, the Myconids, and saw their work. For they mined many minerals from the earth, and lived happily in their fungi groves. And Mycellius saw that it was good, and that they were happy, so he decided that they should have a day of rest. So he told the leader that every seventh day was off, because it was the end of the week and that's when people grew most tired. And so the Myconids were more happy then before.

OOC: Its a happy happy joy joy love fest for my mushroom men, until some evil god shows up and starts trying to mess with them, then crap will hit the fan.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-18 at 11:32 PM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: I take it the turn is over. I'm probably going to try and corrupt someones race next turn, half because I want to increase my peoples influence and build an empire of snake/fire people, and half because I'm bored and it sounds fun))
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 1 ended at 11.40pm yesterday. Turn 2 will end at 11.40pm today, unless ya'll post a turn ended message before then.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

(end turn, because seriously what else am I( going to do eat Anchovy pizza without sauce?)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(Is that GMT? End turn.)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Everness awoke. He looked upon the somewhat barren, inhospitable lands of the North and he discovered a race of incredibly ingenious and hardworking diminutive humanoids. He found their philosophy to his liking. And so he decided to teach them.

Everness didn't want to interfere too much in the gnomes' lives. Instead of appearing before them in all his glory, he decided to carve stone tablets depicting various technologies he imagined and describing a few religious rites that pleased him. He then left the tablets with one of the top gnome scientist and sat back to observe their evolution.

After some time he gave them the name Timeforged.

OOC:
    Battle action - Heal
    Religious action - Spread religion
    Creation - I don't know if the tablets count.

Also, I want the Timeforged Gnomes to develop mining.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The Magi starts to heal his creatures, using his powers to do so. He is happy to do so for he likes the elves. Magi thought, that they had their priorities in the right place. (unlike other races). Though Magi was going to change the other races comment.

Battle - Heal
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-19 at 05:51 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Round ends in 2 hours 5 minutes from this post.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magi - Creation - Corrupting Silver Hawks to Magic Use. (Creation +1/2 Magic) - 300 change (12d100-300)[370] as a %.
    Magi -Battle - Heal (Resistance+Willpower d10s) (7d10)[38]
    Mycellius - Battle - Heal (Resistance+Willpower d10s)(10d10)[54]
    Cthulu - Religion - Spreading his madness amongst the Illithids. ({Willpower+Madness - 354}/2) change in creation strength (13d100-354)[240]/2
    Cthulu - Creation - Altering Psuedonatural Illithids to create Pseudonatural Umber Hulks. (Creation +1/2 Madness) (5d100)[359]+(1d50)[25]
    Cthulu - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) (11d10)[57]
    Cthulu - Social - Eating an anchovy pizza (Madness+Resistance d5s {Madness and resistance because they make me sick!!}) (8d5)[22]
    Arcos - Creation - Tower of Light - (Creativity + 1/2 Sun d100s) (6d100)[253]+(1d50)[29]
    Arcos - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) (11d10)[57]
    Vaspor - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) (8d10)[48]
    Asmodeus - Creation - A roads system on his island (Creativity d100s) (2d100)[188]
    Kroloth - Creation - Mountain Valley Home (Creativity d100s) (4d100)[197]
    Everness - Religion - Spreading his good word to the Time-forged (personally I like the name) (Willpower+Death-425/2) (11d100-425)[160]/2 change to Creation Strength.
    Everness - Creation - Artefact tablets of technology (creation+ 1/2artifice d100s) (8d100)[281].
    Everness - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance+1/2Death d10s) (14d10)[76]

Magi spins a thread of the magical weave around a handful of the silver hawks of the north, infusing them with incredible magical power, their feathers changing ever so slightly to a greener tinge. (Racial Genesis Arcane Hawks - Shared creators Arcos & Magi - Creation Str 335). After which he must rest, taking a few moments to regain his strength on the side of a peak (-50 resistance from action +38 from heal = -12 overall).

Mycellius sat and watched his creations going about their lives happily. (Heal 54, so full resistance now).

Cthulu spread a madness in his children, a fanaticism for his worship. (354+120 = 474 new creation strength), after this he took some aside, and gave them strength and natural weaponry, crating the umber hulks (384 creation strength). After these strenuos activities he rang Don's pizza delivery and ordered a large pizza with nothing but anchovies, healing a little from his works (-100 resistance from actions +57 from heal = -43 overall).

Arcos' tower pleased him, it was tall and strong (tower creation Str 282), so he did not see Magi working on his creatures until they were finished, the new breed were indeed powerful, and they shared an affinity with both creators (Racial Genesis Arcane Hawks - Shared creators Arcos & Magi - Creation Str 335). He took a few moments to survey the land from atop his tower, soaking in the light of the red sun. (-50 from actions +57 from healing = +7 overall).

Vaspor rested in the shadows (+48 from healing).

Asmodeus tore roads through the jungles in his land, so that the Salamanders might better be able to travel (188 Creation Str).

Kroloth worked the land, creating a better place for the minotaurs to flourish and grow, fresh springwater bubbled out of the mountains, and the soil was rich and volcanic (Creation Strength 197)

Everness taught the time-forge about the afterlife, the future and creativity, spreading his influence through the race (425+80=505 new creation strength), he then wrote down what he saw in the future and handed it down to the time-forged so that they had a symbol of himself(Artefact creation strength=281). Weary from his work he rested (-100 resistance from actions +76 from healing = -24 overall)

Lastly all the gods heard the voice of Don in their heads, Godlings, my children, you are all growing and evolving your creations as I deem fit, I should like you all to send a representative of your race to my forum, I will send an astral carriage for them in 20 years, have them ready for it
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-19 at 09:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Racial Technologies (Creation Strengths 1st 2 digits in d10s + gods domain in 10d10s {if closely related} or 5d10's {if related})
    Timeforged - Mining (50d10)[307]
    Myconids - Mining (104d10)[605]
    Minotaurs - Hunting (67d10)[370]
    Shadow Folk - Fishing (50d10)[279]
    Silver Hawks - Hunting (30d10)[149]
    Illithids - Mysticism (72d10)[373]
    Elves - Mysticism (130d10)[754]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Everness saw the timeforged working in the mines in search of more metal. The Tablets seemed to have inspired them. However, life was harsh in the northern lands, and one couldn't feed his family with minerals in time of famine (That got Everness thinking about a race of being addicted to metal...rust monsters, maybe? Why not!). So the Keeper of Time decided to teach his gnomes ways to cultivate new plants.

Then, Everness received a message from the Overgod announcing a forum. He needed to send him one of his worshippers. What does Don want with a gnome anyway? The Time Keeper only hoped that his emissary wouldn't be dissected for further analysis...

He took the form of an old man with skin made of bronze bearing a long, grey beard. He was wearing simple robes and a leather belt with dozens of pockets filled with inventions of his own design. However, he didn't bother to hide his divine aura. It was around midnight at the time. Everness walked in the house of one of the most famous timeforged tinkerer and spoke, ignoring the man's shocked expression.

"Hello there, my friend...hmm...Arthuro? Alberto? Anyway. I'm pleased to meet you. I am your god. I am the personification of what you call The Everness. But it looks like you noticed."

The gnome was staring at him.

"I have known about you for a while. You're an artist in your own right, you know? You have been gifted with a strong intellect and creativity. I suppose you have me to thank for this. No, no, don't say anything. I have an important task for you. In 20 years from now, you'll go to the Heavens as my emissary. No, you won't die. Well, I don't think you will. Have faith, my diminutive friend! And be ready by that time."

Then Everness departed, leaving the gnome named Augusto speechless. When the god returned home, he found himself lonely. He took some materials, both organic and mineral, and began to tinker. He didn't really know what he wanted. The object took many shapes before the Keeper deemed it finished. The construct was then given sentience. Happy with the result, Everness made more. He got distracted along the way, however, so most of them wind up different from what was originally planned.

Thus were born the Reapers, homunculi of various forms (some hunchbacked, some more feral, some even obese) dressed in black and equipped with weapons, their favourite being a ghost-touched scythe. They were designed to be servants and guardians, but also to guide the souls of the dead to the Afterlife.

OOC: Social and Technological - Agriculture
    Battle - Heal
    Creation - Reapers
    What about the Afterlife? Will we create divine realms? Do the mortals all go to the same Hell/Heaven?
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-19 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Added Reapers (creation)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Magi saw that the hawks were not as skilled as his elves and started to create the religion of magic in order for them to become better at magic. Magi hoped that the religion would not offend the other god but thought the need was to urgent too ask.

Magi spent a lot of his time healing from the effort of giving some of the hawks magic.

Religon: To the magic using hawks.
    Battle: Heal

13. - Top - End - #43

And so Mycellius was visited by the Overgod in his head, and decided to visit the Elder of the Myconids one more time. He told the leader that he must pick the smartest among them, and to prepare him for a time when he was needed. And so that went under way, as a series of games of wit and skill developed. And these became a religious ceremony, and the victor of these first games became the First Priest of Mycellius. And so Mycellius visited the Priest and told him of his first duty, that in 20 years he would be chosen to go to a forum of the races of this world. And the Myconid agreed, and Mycellius saw that this was good and left to look upon his creations again.

Mysticism (Ceremonial Games)
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-08-19 at 10:51 PM.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Cthulhu really wondred why his Illthids werent taking well to his new crazy relegion, so he began a new practice in this relegion, sacrfical rites, from which you would get a randomn lesser being, and sacrifice them to Cthulhu to gaibn his favor in battle, or really anything ecauseas a god of madness he didn't really care.
    (Relegion (sacrfical rites.)
    Combat (heal)
    technology (I geuss continuing mystcism if I didnt succed, but if i did I'll go with mining (lots of caves, we gotta expand them somnehow.)
    Creation (create the tunnels of flesh, a network of caves, and tunnels, thatr actually pulsate as if alive!)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Magi came to the second most powerful of the elven mages. He chose second for he would represent the elves but would not take as big of risk if the overgod had evil intents. Appearing in front of him Magi said. "I am the lord of magic. I have chosen you for a great honour. You shall be the representive of your race in twenty years. Until that time you will be given what you want."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

The Serpent-God was pleased with the progress of his people. His road system, though imperfect, still allowed for far easier travel and settling across the island his people inhabited. They knew how to build simple tools, but they would need more. Asmodeus began teaching them how to mine for metals.

However, he sought more power. His chosen peoples, though powerful, were not enough, he sought more followers. He looked all around for some creatures who would search his purposes, and in the far north he found them. Giant Hawks who revered the sun... yes, they would do. He came to them in a form that was different from the one he came to the Salamanders in. He arrived, drifting downward, seemingly from the sun itself, aglow with the odd light of the sun, mixed with the infernal heat of a volcano. He told them he was a messenger of the sun, and he was there to take those faithful with him. Many did not believe him, secure in their belief in their current god, but many did come with him.

He vowed to make them "Better" and "more in tune with the sun" And so he wrought them with the power of the light, as well as the infernal power of his true home, Hell.

((Creation. Is teaching them to mine a creation act, or a social act?))

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth heard the summons and nodded to himself. Now that his people had the land, they had to learn to use it. And so Kroloth taught his people to farm as well as hunt. The majority of the minotaurs moved into the valley itself or the surrounding mountains. Seeing this, Kroloth decided they needed a city, a center for what he hoped would become a grand empire.

And so Kroloth dove into the mountainside, carving out buildings and streets for his people in the side of the mountain. The city climbed the side of the mountain, rather than burrowing into it. The highest level was reserved for his temple. Pleased with his work, Kroloth went to his high chieftain and informed him that in 19 years, games were to be held to determine who was the strongest and wisest among them all. The winner would be Kroloth's representative to the Overgod and to the other races.

Hearing of the others, Kroloth decided to go and see the others. Most appeared small or weak. Although the salamanders and the myconids showed promise. Deciding to visit the god of the Myconids first, Kroloth went in search of him.

OOC:
    Creation: City of Karos
    Battle: Heal
    Technology: Agriculture
    Social
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-08-19 at 10:39 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

18. - Top - End - #48
    Colossus in the Playground

Arcos, admiring the Tower of the Sun, did not see when his hawks were first changed. However, he noticed that some of them were different now, holding a new power, and revering magic, as well as the sun. And while he noticed what they were doing, he saw another god, changing and teaching his creatures.
    "You!", he spoke to Asmodeus.
    ""What are you doing amongst my chosen people?"
    Resident Vancian Apologist

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus turned to the sun-god and smiled. Here too was a god who revered the odd light of the sun. I am teaching them the ways of the sun, as I have seen them. I have done no wrong.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Social act: I will eat some heathens alive.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

@ Mycellius: I assume that means mysticism (see the tech tree for more details).
    @ Asmodeus: Teaching them a technology is a technology action, it doesn't cost you any resistance, but you only get one a turn. Also see the tech breakdown after my big resolution post.
    @ Everness: You have the right idea, getting as many actions off in the turn as you can... you just need a religious action now for a full book.

@Everyone(and in big so you take notice!) at present Don the Illegitimate has created 5 realms, the mortal realm (where you all are at present), the hells (where asmodeus is from), the heavens (where good aligned souls go when they die), the Weave (the realm where magic springs from) and the Astral Realm (where Don himself resides), you are welcome to alter any of them except for the Astral plane (without express permission of Don himself), these alterations could include creation of godly citadels, sub-realms, (like the shadow weave, or the nine hells, or the abyss, or mechanus etc.) or inter-connections between planes/subplanes (at the moment they are just layered one on top of the other in the order of Hell, Mortal, Weave, Heavens, Astral)
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-19 at 09:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: I was going to teach them forging, but I realized I needed metal for that first.))

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Vaspor

Vaspor watched Magi and his creations, curious as to their connection to the Weave. The way it flowed, intertwined... It inspired Vaspor. Drawing strands of shadow, Vaspor created a connection between Hell and the Weave, magic of fear, shadow, and deceit flowing through the Material Plane without actually influencing it... directly. Due to their affinity with shadow magic, the Shadow Folk were almost immediately aware of the Shadow Weave, and found a way to use it to "shadow jump." Vaspor then rested, to watch what his creations would do next.

OOC: Create Shadow Weave, Heal

24. - Top - End - #54

Mycellius knew that his people weren't going to live forever, so he went to the realm of heaven and crafted a sub plane for them, and called it Halcyron, the eternal cavern. It was filled with everything a Myconid could want, amd more. And he knew it was going to be paradise for them.

Creation (Realm of the dead)

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Technology: Mystism

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Everness was pleased to have the homunculi at his side.
    But he got bored.
    So he decided to turn its attention to other regions of the world. He discovered a race living in underwater caverns deep in the great sea to the west, but he found them repulsive.
    The hawks and the salamanders didn't peek his interest, for now anyway.
    The minotaurs were almost the opposites of the gnomes, yet he liked them. The two people could forge a strong alliance if they set their differences aside.
    The myconids were a fascinating race. Everness intended to have a talk with their god later.

Then the Keeper of Time saw the shadow folk, and he understood their affinity with the newly created Shadow Weave. This gave him an idea. He had been eager to experiment with the essence of Death for some time. Those creatures were perfect as guinea pigs for his experiment.

OOC: Religion - Corrupt shadow folk
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-08-20 at 09:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everness - Religion - Weakening? - Shadow Folk ({Willpower+Death-500}/2) (11d100-500)[137]/2 Creation Strength Change.
    Everness - Creation - Race - Reapers (Creation+1/2 Death) (8d100)[422] Creation Strength.
    Everness - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance+1/2 Death d10s) (14d10)[78]
    Magi - Religion - Bolstering - Arcane Hawks ({Willpower+1/2Magic-335}/2) (8d100-335)[118]/2 change in creation strength
    Magi - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) (7d10)[36]
    Mycellius - Creation - Abstract/Planar - Halcyron, the Eternal Cavern (1/2Creation+1/2Willpower+1/2Caves) (9d100)[554]
    Cthulu - Religion - Bolstering - Illithid ({Willpower+Madness-474}/2) change in creation strength(13d100-474)[412]/2 change in Creation Strength
    Cthulu - Creation - Location - Tunnels of Flesh (Creation) (3d100)[158]
    Cthulu - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) (11d10)[41]
    Kroloth - Creation - Location - City of Karos (Creation) (4d100)[270]
    Kroloth - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) (1d10)[10]
    Vaspor - Creation - Abstract/Planar - Shadow-weave (1/2creation+1/2willpower+1/2Shadow) (8d100)[374]
    Vaspor - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) (d10)[10]
    Asmodeus - Creation - Corruption - Hawks (Creation+Light) (5d100)[391]

Everness creates many and powerful Reapers, their strength being in their diversity (Creation Strength 422), He then steals some of the power from the shadow folk, as Vaspor was distracted with his extraplanar activities, sewing the seeds of his religion in their midst (Shadow Folk lose 68 Creation Strength), After this he needs a rest, spending some time watching the comings and goings of his people (-100 resistance from actions +78 from healing = -22 overall)

Magi goes to the arcane hawks he had wrought, telling them of the ways of magic and spreading his good word (+59 creation strength) then rests (-50 from actions +36 from heal= -14 overall)

Mycellius ascends to the heavens, Don gives him a wave from above as he arrives, here he rends apart the earth and creates a cavernous afterlife for his creatures, the Myconids, which he names Halcyron, Don is impressed so with Mycellius' creation and skills that he creates a seperate plane for the Myconids afterlife, and it is truly a wonder to behold {if you're a fungus}(554 creation strength {new plane created due to high roll})

Cthulu schemes away deep under the sea, sacrificing Illithids and other unfortunate creaures as well, this seems to please the Illithid clergy greatly, and a new caste system arises amongst them, a Theocracy (+206 creation strength). He creates a lair for the new found clergy to reside in, insanely twisted tunnels with fleshy walls, though they unfortunately dont make the best fortifications(158 Creation Strength), Cthulu spends a few moments of madness devising new and different uses for his creations, healing a little in the process (-100 resistance from actions +41 from heal = -59 overall)

Kroloth rends the stone and earth apart with his mighty arms, to make a home for his Minotaurs, a grand city of stone (270 Creation strength {not bad from 4d100}) he then rests in the caverns with his creations (I screwed up your heal roll, so lets just call it full! You'd have been close anyway).

Vaspor layers a shadowy weave of magic over the existing magic weave, creating a new magical energy for his weavers to tap into, (creation strength 374) taking a few moments to feel the new energy flow through his, he is pleased (I screwed up your heal roll, so lets just call it full! You'd have been close anyway).

Asmodeus twists a few of the hawks to his "wisdom", bending them into a new race (391-300/2 = 45% change {Maybe enough for a phoenix})
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-20 at 09:17 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Racial Technologies (Creation Strengths 1st 2 digits in d10s + gods domain in 10d10s {if closely related} or 5d10's {if related})

Timeforged - Agriculture (50d10)[304] {Tablets will come into play further down the timeline}
    Myconids - Mysticism (74d10)[443]
    Minotaurs - Agriculture (37d10)[193] {bonus due to creation of a fertile land for them to use}
    Shadow Folk - None.
    Silver Hawks - None.
    Illithids - Mining (68d10)[340] {bonus due to cave structure creation}
    Elves - None.
    Salamanders - Mining (36d10)[208]

Anyone who got a none can research 2 techs this turn, as I did not explicitly say that it only took 10 years to develop fully, my apologies to you all. Also I had a question about what they are for, they are kind of like racial XP, once the total hits a certain level you will get a boon (extra domain, stat boost or something like that), I'm creating a tech table with level up points now and should get it up soon in the Status thread, they also can act as boosts during wars, as trade goods between races, give their gods boosts to certain creation rolls etc.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-20 at 09:45 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Editted: they research that last turn.

Don again contacts you all In ten years I will come for your representatives, ensure they are prepared for the forum
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-08-20 at 09:36 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Magi looks as the two great races start to study the path of mystism even more. Magi looked at how poor the other races would be comparitively. Magi saw the shadow weave and he was curious. "Creator of the shadow weave show yourself to me"

Magi healed himself.

Awesome Hawks combie with Elves: Mysticism
    Combat: Heal
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-08-20 at 09:52 AM.