New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A New God-Game Rules System - Game Thread

Spoiler
    Show

So LA will have to beat my minotaur's creation str of 374 with 4d100, right? Is that how corruption works? creativity + 1/2 of domain used? Good luck :D
    And as such, gonna wait and see if any actually get corrupted before responding
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So LA will have to beat my minotaur's creation str of 374 with 4d100, right? Is that how corruption works? creativity + 1/2 of domain used? Good luck :D
    And as such, gonna wait and see if any actually get corrupted before responding
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domain used would be fire right? So its 5d100
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

You have a creativity of 2, and a fire of 4, so half of that is 2. Or is your status page wrong?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh... I recall having a creativity of 3

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well I was just going off what your status said. I'll let you and Don figure it out. Still not too terribly worried about corruption. It happens. I'll reply to you Ganurath if and when its confirmed. Anyways, I got to get to bed now.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-08-21 at 10:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That's what it says on the tin, Creativity 2 and Fire 4. That's why the question Vaspor presented made Asmodeus sound like a nuisance in the attempt rather than a threat. I'm sure Kroloth could respond to Vaspor while observing Asmodeus' efforts.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Magi heals.

Battle: Heal

Racial technology: Mysticsm

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth bellows in rage when he realizes Asmodeous' attempt to steal some of his minotaurs. Just then, Vespar appears in front of him. He turns to it, still frowning. "The minotaurs are my people! He has no right. And who are you?"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: Ganurath, you are mistaken. The reapers where created before the Shadow Weave ever existed. They are not corrupted shadow folk. I didn't create a new race out of them, I simply spread my religion. So I imagine you can try to take back those shadow folk who turned away from you the same way, but I think they still live in your lands.))

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quick post, don't have time for a full resolution today so you get an extra 24 hours for this turn.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: Noted and logged, Omnik.

IC:
    Vaspor glanced at Asmodeus' machinations, and nodded in agreement. "I am another who has suffered a loss of following at the hands of a lesser deity. However, the one who victimized me is geographically close to your minotaurs, just as this Asmodeus is physically closest to my people. Your people are strong, Kroloth, and the gnomes with their Reapers have much in the ways of material wealth. Guide your people toward war, and I shall make sure that 'Lord' Asmodeus never interferes with your people again."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth frowns and shakes his head. "War? And how would my minotaurs get there? Do you want them to swim the whole way? And besides, the gnomes may have much to offer besides material goods. They are highly intelligent. Who knows what they may invent if left to their own? But this Asmodeous...Him I would consider acting against.
    And I am surprised to hear Everness acted against anyone. He seems too...absent-minded to try and manipulate others. Although I suppose that could be an act."
    He looks sideways at Vaspor. "After all, it is hard to know who to trust at the moment, with everything and everyone being such new experiences. Wouldn't you say...?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mycellius looked upon the realm of the Myconids and decided to give them a strong ally, but who would be such a creature. He looked upon the other lands of the world, and saw a race of mighty bull-men. He would ally with them, yes. So he crafted a creature that was like a fungal bird, with membranes for wings and bright bioluminescents spattered across. He called it the dusk shiner, as it glowed brightly in the darkness. He gave it the message and sent it to the god of the Minotaur down upon earth, where all other gods were. As it descended to earth, many spores were spread about, making many shiner eggs and causing a large population of shiners to come about.

Creation: Dusk Shiner
    Misc. Action: Send messenger to Kroloth.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth turns away from Vaspor to watch the approach of the dusk shiner. He listens to its message. At the end, he nods. "Tell your master he may call on me at his convenience. Everyone else seems to."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Vaspor nodded in agreement. "Oh, definitely. For example, I should never be trusted. I don't even trust myself. However, I only might act against someone. Asmodeus already has acted against you."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth nods. "This is true. But if you want me to even consider helping you at all, you will have to tell me your name."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

The illusion of Vaspor began to fade, but not before Kroloth's curiousity was satisfied. "Vaspor, the echo in the shadows..."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth watches the figure disappear, his face blank. After it fully disappears he frowns. "Well that's one of the others. Several more to go..." He turns and watches over his people, a thoughtful expression on his face.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

By now Asmodeus was already long gone. He had taken what Minotaurs would come with him. He forced noone to do as he wished, he had no need to, and with this he could easily justify his actions to the other gods if need be.

When he returned to his volcanic home with the minotaurs that followed him, he noticed other gods had made realms off of his own, Hell. He found these realms and called to the gods who had created them.

[OOC: social, contacting the gods who made realms off of Hell]

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Troubled by recent events, Kroloth decides to go and continue his talk with the Everness. Travelling to him (cause not clear where he's at atm), Kroloth nods in greeting. "Hello Everness. Your people do seem industrious, if nothing else. Although I hear you have a another people as well, the Reapers?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Oh, greetings, great god of the minotaurs! What a pleasure to have you here. I see you have heard of the Reapers. They're not as numerous as the timeforged, but they are quite resourceful. They're also great housekeepers! However most of them also have a pretty drab personnality. Maybe I put a little too much Death in them, and not enough Fun.

Anyway...what do you think of all this, Kroloth? I mean this world, the way it's evolving."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth shakes his head. "Already another of us has tried to lure some of my minotaurs away from me. And another came to me and said you did the same, that you stole the Reapers from him."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Everness frowned.

"Someone told you that? I'm afraid this someone is mistaken. The Reapers are entirely mine. I do remember approaching another race...I think they call themselves shadow men or twilight folk..."

The Keeper scratched his head.

"But I didn't steal any. I think I would remember if I did. I only helped them. They were already a people of the night, you see. It seemed only fitting that I teach them death worship. And they were weak, not like your minotaurs. We two are friends, Kroloth. I wouldn't act against you.

I'm not really a scheming type of god. At all."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth nods. "I know you haven't acted against me. I wasn't saying you did. I know who did it. The god of those salamanders to the west. And the god of those 'night folk' is the one who told me. Regardless of what happened or how, he's not very happy with you. Not at all. His name is Vaspor, and I suggest you avoid him for the time being."
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-08-23 at 11:32 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Vaspor you say? Hmm...okay, I'll try not to anger him. Not that I fear him. He can always try something. I'll be waiting for him."

There was a spark of malice in Everness' eyes. But it disappeared immediately. The old man was jolly again.

"Say, old friend, are you thirsty? Because I am. Hey, why don't you come with me to my domain to have a drink? The Rivers of Time...maybe you heard about it."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth looks at Everness appraisingly for a moment before shaking his head. "No, I'm afraid I have been busy lately and so haven't heard of it. A River of Time you say? I will be happy to visit your new realm. Where is it?"

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Everness showed Kroloth the way to the higher plane. It was a dark and bleak place. The air was filled with dust and smoke. The only creatures living in the desolate plane were reapers.

The Keeper of Time walked along the bank of the river.

"This is where all mortals are judged according to the Overgod's will. Good souls travel upstream, to the Eternal Waterfalls. The souls of the cruel and the greedy follow the river downstream to the Pools of Damnation. The portals leading to Heaven and Hell are found at those two places. And there is my home."

Everness pointed toward a slightly leaning tower located on the only visible island.

"Do you have a plane of your own, Kroloth?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth looks around curiously. At the question he frowns and shakes his head. "No, not yet. I've not had the time. Although perhaps I should. My followers will need a place to go after death. I'm sure Heaven is fine, but I doubt it will be to my creatures' liking. Perhaps after we are done here I will go and do that. Thank you for showing me your home Everness. I will return the favor when I am done."

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Just a quick question for Don: What powers do all the gods have? I just wanted to be clear what all we can and cannot do. Like teleportation, 'knowing' what all is going on in our realm/the world, etc.

Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-08-23 at 04:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Everness smiled at Kroloth.

"You should definitely create one for yourself. I will be happy to visit you. In the meantime, follow me inside."

The old man pushed the metal doors open with ease. Inside the Leaning Tower was a museum dedicated to the history of the newborn world. Several reapers walked around the two gods. The Keeper's divine symbol, a pocket watch, was carved in the walls. Obviously, no mortal knew exactly what it represented. But the gnomes had seen it on the Tablets of Technology and subsequently adopted the symbol in their religion.

Everness lead Kroloth to his private chambers, at the top of the structure. He invited him to sit in a iron seat and offered him a cup.

"This is called tea. It is a herbal mixture much appreciated by my people."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Kroloth takes a seat carefully. He take the proffered cup and takes the smallest of sips. He looks at the drink and shrugs. Kroloth leans forward in his chair slightly, looking straight at Everness. "I thank you for showing such trust in me Everness. Recent events have shown that not all our brethern can be trusted. Vaspor even told me not to trust him, that he didn't even trust himself! So why you would trust me, I do not know."