New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mobile Section 34

"I can do that."
    Ok, then, do I ask Tara to be there as well? No, they will probably both be nervous, while I can easily draw that, I don't think Mireio would be happy with it. But why wouldn't she be?! Though Tara would probably be talking the whole time, so I don't think I'll be able to concentrate as well. The rest of the team can easily see Lucius spacing out.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

"Um... didn't you say you wanted to take a quick look of the area?" Taltha mentions quietly to Lucius, poking him gently a bit. She also tended to space out, so she could sympathize very much.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Banned

This was starting to be weird, what the hell was Lucius thinking about? "We should spread out and search the area. Taltha, do you have any idea when the transmitter was planted? Someone might have seen something that can be of aid if a general call can be sent out. Like when there has been a murder." Thinking for a bit she used her mental communication to contact Albin. "Can you find out who owns the area where the transmitter was placed? I am trying to learn as much as possible about this thing in the hope that it might yield some slight clues. " Taking her own advice of searching the area to heart she started poking around to see if anything else was to be found that might reveal useful information.

Notice - (1d20+14)[34]

4. - Top - End - #334

Feeling the poke, Lucius snaps out of it, "Sorry about that, when I start thinking about drawing, I sometimes get easily distracted." He started to blush as he concentrates. "Flight mode ready, sir."
    "If I find anything, I'll let you all know, Vanish." He takes off and looks around the building, checking for anything that might be out of place or if he finds a sewer hole open.
    "notice" - (1d20+13)[31]

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Lucius, indeed, finds an open sinkhole in an inconspicous alley nearby the building. There is nothing else suspicious around, though - either the perpetrators aren't here or they're masters of disguise and very convincingly pretend to be normal people.

On the roof, Mireio finds a faint footprint - whomever left it, had their soles covered in mud or something similar. And wore heavy boots, too, probably combat ones.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Banned

Studying the footprint for a bit Mireio realized that she had no clue what to do with one of them. It looked like it could be the woman from the day before, but perhaps it wasn't. "Taltha, do you know anything about how to preserve footprints? There is one left here."

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

"Sorry, I know next to nothing about forensic sciences, I'm afraid. But I thought the TSA military had teams specialized in this kind of matter - couldn't we give them a call?" this was directed at mission control more than Mireio, actually. Rule number two of engineering: if there's someone near who knows as much or more than you do about the project, try to add them to it if possible.

8. - Top - End - #338

Well, I did find a sinkhole open, but it doesn't look suspicious, do you think I should take a look? He mentally asks his teammates. If they are masters of disguise, it might be helpful to check anyways. Hopefully HQ has a better idea about this than we do.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think if that's available - the news about the transmission have spread to all units, and currently... let's say I'm glad it's the Captain's role to talk with the other higher-ups, not mine! Hmm, maybe you could take a picture, at least?"

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Banned

This was a dead end. She knew it. But they had to investigate, they could not just leave possible clues behind based on a hunch and her personal comfort. "We will secure photographic evidence of it. Perhaps we could also get some people to watch over it until a forensics team becomes available."

It was not like she wanted either Lucius or anybody else to head into the sewer again, least of all herself. But that was a lead too and had to be investigated. This job was a lot harder than expected."And Lucius i doubt you will find anything in the sewer without area search spells, but at least taking a look seems like something we have to do. I will join you as soon as i have found something to take a picture of this footprint with. Do either of you have anything?"

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah... I'm sorry" Taltha answers with an apologetic look on her face. "I didn't think I should bring my camera..."

12. - Top - End - #342

Unfortunately, no, I don't have one, either. I'll hold my position down here until you get here. Did the base have something, perhaps someone can head back and grab it while Mireio and I take a look down in the sewers. He mentally communicates to his teammates. Albin, Melina, could you possibly send a map of the sewer systems in the area to Bohrer and Yoichi? Hoping that this time they won't just find barriers blocking there path.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course. Wait for a moment, please." Melina answers this time. "There you go - the sewer plans have been transferred to your Devices. Unlike Albin, I know how to do that."

"Hey, you know perfectly well that the required system wasn't operational yet yesterday morning!" Albin sounds more amused than offended.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Tara stands there with an B^U expression.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

15. - Top - End - #345
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Securing evidence?"

Chen kneels over the footprint, examining the roofing material and such. Her ears perk up as a sudden idea occurs to her.

"Central command, do we have clearance to make use of civilian property?"

16. - Top - End - #346
    Banned

Things were starting to come at least a bit together it seemed and they could have the satisfaction of at least knowing they had done their job well. "Taltha, can you stand watch over the footprint while Chen gets a camera? Me and Tara will join up with Lucius and try to see if we can find something in the sewers." And force me to put on clean clothes once again. Why couldn't these people escape to somewhere cleaner?

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

"No problem. I doubt you'll find anything, but take care anyway, just in case"

Don't be too forceful when you ask for the camera, Chen. I really don't want to add scared citizens to our recent list of problems Taltha half-jokes through the mental link to her familiar as she gets back near the print to do as Mireio asked.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-09-03 at 08:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, you do, especially in this situation - but don't get overboard, okay?"

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349

"Understood."

Chen flies off to look for a reliable camera repair shop in the vicinity, who accepts cash and doesn't ask too many questions.

Should she find a shop which does not accept cash, she will bill the TSAB's finance department.

Regardless of her mission's success, she will fly back with utmost haste.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Chen manages to do so without complications. Yes, they do accept cash.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351

"Alright," says Chen, "Stand back. This shouldn't be too-"

With a blinding flash of light, the camera opens its shutter, snaps the picture, then spontaneously degrades exothermically into a pile of slag metal and expanding hot air. A single loose sheet of rapidly exposing instant film flutters into the air, which Chen grabs, embarassment immediately apparent on her soot-stained and pink face.

-dangerous.

Sighing, Chen turns to face Taltha.

"I guess you can't trust what you get in the bargain bin," she mumbles, trying to clear the white sparks from her eyes with a sooty hand. "If it looks brand new but is going for 100 Yen, something has to be up.

"I'll take this back to headquarters, then?

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

After the momentary shock of the explosion (to which she reacted instinctively lunging forward towards her familiar) and seeing that Chen was alright, Taltha can't help but smile slightly as she gets on her knees and helps Chen clean up a bit of the soot-stains on her face with a handkerchief she carried. She speaks to Chen in a very motherlike admonishing tone, but she's also obviously holding back a chuckle at the catgirl's comically singed face.

"You really should know better than trusting bargain equipment by now, Chen! Do you not remember that '50% off!' Oriobei-brand mana generator our department gave us a while back? We not only lost the project, but were removing shrapnel from the walls for two whole weeks after we turned it on" she gives her familiar a soft knock on the head.

As soon as Chen looks more-or-less her original color again, Taltha gets back up again.

"Well, that should do it until you can get a bath. Now, please, go deliver the photograph, if it's not much of a bother. I'll wait for miss Satria, miss Severn and mister Rosenberg to come back, and we will meet back at headquarters" She changes to their personal mental link "And sorry for sending you back alone" In her thoughts is the image of the commander, and she can't help but shudder. Sending someone alone to the same building as that man would always fill Taltha with regret - if that person was her dear Chen, much more so.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-09-03 at 11:52 AM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Those of you who enter the sewers, remember to roll for search.

If/when anyone returns to the Section's building, the first thing they notice when entering is Onyx, gathering papers from the floor and looking very embarassed.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Tara enters the sewers - again.

Notice - (1d20)[1]

Tara fails to notice **** - again.

"You know, I was thinking about being an Enforcer for a while," she chatters to Mireio (and Lucius if he's not invisible yet). "I thought it was a lot more...glamorous than poking around sewers every day. Also less hard. I might just stick to the air forces..."
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-09-03 at 01:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

25. - Top - End - #355

Lucius dropped Vanish when Tara and Mireio came down, and takes the lead as he looks around, hoping that the enemy had not been very smart about leaving trails behind themselves. Though he was annoyed again, but couldn't place why.

"notice" - (1d20+13)[15]

Though he was slightly distracted in his looking, he smiles, "Well, I was part of the ground forces, and even though our support staff is more compentent than our commander, I really appreciate whom I'm working with. Also, now I can fly."
    Last edited by Dragoon; 2008-09-03 at 02:29 PM. Reason: To match the low roll

26. - Top - End - #356
    Banned

Mireio went into the sewers with Tara, hoping to meet up with Lucius down there and finding something quickly.

Notice - (1d20+14)[15]

Thankful that Tara was there to distract her from the smell and the thought of what she was wandering around in, Mireio didn't notice much. The girl really did have a point in her complaints. "We aren't enforcers, though. We are just members of a mobile unit. I did think that someone in more basic positions than we have would be the ones to run around the sewers though. But we must do what we have to, to protect the people of Midchilda." A hint of a blush crept on her face as she continued. "And apart from the commander i like the people i've met in this posting."
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-09-03 at 02:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

The only thing that results in the group searching through the sewer is giving their clothes a faint smell. It doesn't help that the map, while precise, doesn't really give any hints on where could the one who set the transmitter up come from.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358

"Well, since it looks like the enemy either didn't go this way, or they covered their tracks well, we should get out of here." He sighs, since he didn't really want to go down here and deal with the smell again. Contacting the base, Taltha and Chen, We didn't find anything, We're heading back soon. He turns back to Mireio and Tara, "So, do you think we'll become famous like section 6? Of course, we'll probably not deal with anything as difficult as they did though."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Banned

She hoped so. Really what soldier didn't hope to become as famous as division 6 had become? She didn't want to admit it, it was unprofessional to do so. Shrugging lightly as she replied. "If we do something as important as they did, we will. That is not why we are here, our job is to protect the people of Midchilda, nothing more. Let us do it as well as we can and hope this incident in the making will not be as destructive as the JS incident." There proper military conduct and reason, that was what she should display. She glanced at Tara to see how the other girl had taken it, if any of them deserved that kind of fame it was her. She just exceeded the others in talent by a huge margin, it was a lot to live up to.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Taltha feels really thankful when Lucius message interrupts the minutes of doing nothing, and especially because it interrupts the ways her mind was wandering about the threat message and what would happen at the hospital. "Acknowledged. I will wait for you up here"

Then we can finally get back from this useless expedition and start thinking about what we can do for the emergency. Taltha is really not used to doing nothing while there's an important matter in hand, and it gnaws (OOC: no, not eats - it's more of a continuous irritation, hence gnawing :P) her inside that she can't do anything.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-09-03 at 05:01 PM.