New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mobile Section 34

Sorry about that, I misjudged how far we are from base, so needed to make sure we weren't being jammed. I think she can go back, I'll check with everyone else. Lucius responds and makes sure that the rest of the forwards can hear him as well. He prepares to relay the groups decision to Melina as he starts to look at each operative using Bohrer.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

There aren't any remarkable or famous faces among the operatives, and most of them are pretty low-ranked members of the ground or air army. It seems that the most powerful of them is the major - a class A ground mage, according to the file. His picture shows a man who looks as old as he sounds, with short, dark hair and a moustache - he looks stoic and dependable. Clearly a professional soldier.

The map, apart from the plans of the building, also has the positions of all TSAB personnel and civilians marked with dots. It appears that the majority is defending outside and on the ground floor, and that there's only a handful guarding the doctors and patients.

"Acknowledged. Good luck." Even before Melina spoke this words Onyx's helicopter already started to head for Section 34's building. It's soon out of sight again.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #483
    Banned

"Now let's get into position. The enemy can strike at any moment i'm afraid." Mireio herself did so as she looked over the information of how the troops were posted. It wasn't good, it wasn't good at all. This way just a single skilled mage who could sneak in could kill the hospital staff and the patients. She looked at the others. "We might not have been ordered to, but at the first sign of trouble i think Chen and Taltha should head down to protect the patients and hospital staff. They look vulnerable to anybody sneaking in. I am sure me, Tara, Lucius and the troops on the ground can hold off any concerted offense."

4. - Top - End - #484

Ok, last time I wasn't there to protect anyone, but this time, no one will hurt my teammates if I can help it.
    "Mireio, do you want me to turn invisible and scout around the base more while flying? I can make an illusion for you to see where I roughly am, that way if you need to take a shot, you'll won't hit me." He prepares to move into position, waiting for others to act.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Banned

"Good idea Lucius. You do that, the rest of us take up position on the roof. Now all there is to do is wait." Heading to the roof she looked around for a suitable spot to stand guard as she looked over the surrounding area. Her improved eyesight should be of great help in an assignment like this, even with the trees surrounding the hospital.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[13]
    (1d20)[18]

Time passes. Neither Lucius, scouting around, nor the rest of your section at the roof manage to notice anything out of ordinary. No transmissions arrive, neither from the HQ nor the other units, although you can see them patrolling and changing shifts down there on the ground.

The darkness of the night starts to fade slowly - the sun will rise soon. The atmosphere in the air is tense, although for no directly visible reasons...
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-16 at 09:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Tara hovers slowly above the hospital roof, kicking herself into a backflip briefly. "Bored," she proclaims. "I mean, I guess that's a good thing, but after that exciting helicopter ride, it's kind of a letdown not to be able to catch the bad guys."
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

"Not getting to catch the bad guys today might mean we get to fight them elsewhere another day. Hopefully somewhere else than an hospital" Taltha answers. "To be honest, I hope we don't see anything today" Not that I'm trusting that, she thinks. She does feel the tenseness of the air, and most of the theories for her motivation of the message require it to there be some kind of attack - even if mostly as distraction, which is what she believes the most. I wonder what the operative in the rest of the city is, there's a chance the greatest trouble is nowhere near here. It would be nice to be able to contact Melina and ask.

Still, she keeps sharp watch, not letting her thoughts distract her too much.

Notice - (1d20+12)[18]

9. - Top - End - #489
    Banned

Mireio was quite inclined to agree with Tara. Of course it was good to avoid battle, but common guard duty was boring and really beneath what a mobile unit should be doing. Hopefully it was all just to put them all on the edge and prepare for an attack that would never come. Whoever was behind all this might just be out to create an atmosphere of panic and uncertainty and have them chase ghost.

Trying to avoid letting her thoughts distract her she kept watch, though often glancing in the direction of Tara. The other girl looked really nice when doing acrobatics like that.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

"Something is approaching from the south!" You suddenly hear a mental transmission from one of the soldiers. South is the direction the hospital's main building is faced, by the way. "Humanoid combat machines, at least 15! Some of them are very large!"

"Understood. We will handle them! Roof and inside groups, stay alert on your positions." Major Cayman's response is almost immediate.

From the roof, you can indeed see that there is a large group moving from the south towards the hospital, between the trees! The soldiers on the ground move into defensive positions... and then, Lucius suddenly notices more enemy movement, approaching from the west! You can't see them clearly yet, but you catch glimpses of metal... and they are moving in fast, at the pace of a running human, clanking heavily! Moreover, something suddenly topples over one of the trees to the east! All the approaching forces aren't near the hospital yet, but they are going to be soon...
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-16 at 09:20 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Wow, that's...not what I was expecting, but okay!" Tara says.

"I volunteer to go support the ground forces," she adds, preparing to dash off in that direction, having apparently not seen the other two fronts yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492

We have machines inbound from the west, can't tell the numbers, yet, sorry. He mentally communicates to his teammates and the rest of the TSAB there. Mireio can see his illusion pointing at the general direction of the robots. Should I draw their attention or wait until Mireio or Taltha get a large blast on them first? He watches the approaching robots, ready to protect his teammates and the patients left.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

The robots enter Lucius' field of view - there are five of them, and they are approaching the hospital quickly - there's very little time to make decisions now! At the east, the enemy forces become visible too - also five human-sized robots, but also with one large one... yes, they are all the same models as those you've fought in the warehouse before.

"Wait for my signal!" You hear a command from the major, although it's directed to the southern defenders, not you. "Ready... now! Fire at will!"

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll post an attack roll immediately. I want to know how far away they are before i describe my actions though. I do use the feat that lets me dump defense for attack, though.

Attack - (1d20+15)[16]

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

(I'd say both groups are slightly less than 150 feet from the hospital, each. Remember that you can take 10 in attacks against minions.)

Enemy initiative:
    West group robots: (1d20+1)[19]
    East group robots: (1d20+1)[5]
    Big robot: (1d20-1)[8]

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

"Enemies coming from the east as well! There is one of the big models there, too!" Taltha radiates to her partners as she approaches slightly and lifts her staff. She's not too sure of her ability to take them down quick enough, so let's stop them, she thinks as she mentally nudges Chen I will try to restrain them, try to finish them off.

"Field of Chains"

A flash, and dozens of blue energy chains burst from beneath the robot goup, grabbing and clinging.

(Also, I'll be rolling my initiative now. Initiative - (1d20+5)[11]
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-09-17 at 09:15 AM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

(6d20)[19][20][9][6][13][1](68)
    Taltha's spell binds four of the robots, entangling and immobilizing three of them copletely. However, the fifth one manages to dodge from the spell's area, and the large one gets bound only by a single chain, which it breaks effortlessly without slowing down!
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-17 at 09:45 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498
    Banned

(That is true. I always forget that rule. Then i do of course take ten on them. The last roll would be initiative then, for a total score of 10. And due to the distance i get a -2 on attack for a total of 23 and damage is +7)

"Stay here Tara. They will likely try to sneak in while we are distracted by the robots." Then came the time she discovered the presence of the robots on the sides.

Letting Taltha handle the eastern group Mireio brought Yoichi and took aim at the western one. As she stood there arrows of green energy started forming around her. "Plasma Strike" As she spoke the arrows sped off to swarm through the area covered by the western robots.

That will hopefully stop them so i can help stop the ones Taltha bound and then support the troops on the ground. This isn't over yet.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Initiative - (1d20+7)[17]

"Huh? But I wanted to fight the big one..." Despite her brief complaints, Tara sees her teammate's wisdom and stays put, extending Noble Ether's beam ribbon and waiting for another enemy to show itself.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-09-17 at 11:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

(5d20)[6][17][4][11][7](45)
    (1d20)[4](4)
    (5d20)[15][9][3][6][6](39)
    (1d20)[18](18)

Mireio's arrow rain pierces the western robots, riddling them with holes. And then they explode one after another! There is only one silhouettes visible in the resulting smoke - it appears that one of the machines avoided destruction.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-17 at 12:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501

"init - (1d20+7)[19]

After waiting for Mireio's blast, Lucius takes charge with Bohrer. Mega Drill Breaker. As it becomes a large drill and he slams into the surviving robot.

((attack has penetration 5 and I should get +2 damage, since I was hidden to the robot, probably. Also taking ten on the attack.))
    Last edited by Dragoon; 2008-09-17 at 05:03 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+8)[21]

Suddenly, something large drills through the robot's chest, leaving a huge, gaping hole in it. The machine explodes, impaled on Bohrer as Lucius shimmers and becomes visible.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-17 at 05:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Bugbear in the Playground

Iniative - (1d20+15)[33]

"Them again.. huh, Chen mutters, as she watches her Master's masterly attack on the eastern robots. "Well," she suddenly laughs, "Not that I'm complaining!"

And with that, she's off, a streak of motion with twin reddish glows in the rough vicinity of her hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on the Big'Un - (1d20+10)[20]

If I hit it, I'll shift my Glove to Enhanced Strength and attempt to grapple it

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[20]
    (1d20)[18]

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

(3d20)[9][13][2](24)
    (2d20)[6][17](23)
    (2d20)[3][14](17)
    (5d20)[16][5][1][18][11](51)

Despite the size difference, Chen manages to grab the large robot and immobilize it, roughing up its armor and breaking several mechanisms inside (1 damage). The construct tries to break free, its joints screeching metalically and sparking a bit, but to no avail!

The completely bound robots try to break their chains, and fail as well. The other two open fire into Chen's direction, and although the entangled one misses, the free one's laser beam hits her!

(Save DC 22, nonlethal damage.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-18 at 09:42 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Bugbear in the Playground

Toughness - (1d20+10)[12]

Chen snarls rather nastily as the laser singes her fur, lending her a rather nasty burn. Nonetheless, she doggedly (cattedly?) fights to hang on to the metal hulk.

"Master! I'm holding it still, take it down!" she riars, struggling to pin down huge metal arms with her own small, fleshy ones.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

(Let's see how the attack goes...

(1d20+9)[11]

well, obviously badly. Damnit, forum roller, I want to have a hero moment sometimes! I just should have taken 10)

Taltha tries to fire at the robot, but there's too big of a chance to hit Chen, and her excessive precautions end up meaning she misses (I do not think these things have only 11 defense, right? ). If she ever swore, you can bet there would be many colorful expressions coming from her now, given her level of frustration with herself. She rushes down to a distance in front of the robot squad and concentrates on defending - at least that way the robots would have another, less valuable target to shoot at, she thinks in her self-irritation.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-09-18 at 12:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Not seeing any further attackers for the moment, Tara fires off a "Homing Chakram!" at the robot that attacked Chen, moving just enough out of position to get it in short range, and hopefully still be able to reach anywhere on the roof.

Attack - (1d20+8)[16] (+10 damage, homing)
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20)[9]
    (1d20)[8]

Taltha's attack grazes the robot's armor, weakening it - enough for Tara's chakram, which hits the same spot, to penetrate it and come out from the other side in a burst! Since it's only the shoulder, the machine is still operational, but heavily damaged (2 damage + stunned).
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-18 at 02:59 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Banned

Seeing that the western flank had been closed Mireio turned her attention to the eastern one. The large robot was the greatest threat, but the small ones were able to attack Chen and she seemed to be the one most able to eliminate a large number of enemies at a distance.

Repeating her attack on the western group she summoned a swarm of arrows around her. "Fire, Yoichi." A slight flash was evident at the top of her bow. "Yes, my master. This should be nothing."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using plasma strike once again, trying to hit as many of the robots as possible without getting Chen caught in the blast. The unbound and the two partially bound take priority over the completely bound. It is +7 as always.