New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mobile Section 34

"Frak," Chen spits, starting at the new batch of robotic arrivals. Just how many of the sodded things are there?

There was some radio chatter, but she tunes it out pointedly. She trusts her Master to tell her when an emergency is occuring, and since she hadn't said anything yet, Chen wasn't going to be changing her tactics. She trusted in her own intuition, as well, even if it sometimes lied to her about her biology. But well... that was biology. Nothing wrong with her thinking at all. Mind is willing but the body is not, don'tcha know, it can happen to anyone.

Putting on a lick of speed, Chen blasts one time at the approaching robots, hoping to stall them slightly. With that, she starts to fall back to the hospital, shouting "Come on!" to Lucius as she zooms past. "We need to concentrate our firepower in one place."

Spoiler
    Show
    Blast - (1d20+6)[11]

*I'm not too clear what the distance penalities are, but I suppose with tnhis kind of roll, it doesn't really matter*

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    Attack: 21

((DC 21 Will save or all magical effects on Tara cease. ...Assuming I hit. :3))
    Will Save (1d20 10=18)
    (Using a Hero Point to reroll the save; automatically hits DC 21)

Tara is clearly hit by the magical assault, and her outfit briefly flickers between her barrier jacket and wings and her plain uniform; however, after a moment's mental struggle, her willpower reasserts itself and she regains her balance.

"You know, those tricks aren't going to work on me," Tara says. "If you're going to fight, fight like a woman!"

In the meanwhile, she thinks in the direction of her comrades, concentrating only on her teammates. I think the bad guys might be hearing our comms, guys. At least, this slut I'm fighting picked up something.

After that short warning, she puts her mind back on her fight. "Noble Ether! Cartridge Load!"

"Yes ma'am." Tara's Device quickly fires and ejects a pair of cartridges, enhancing the energy ribbon as Tara spins to deliver, first a fierce feint, then an attack to the outside.

((Feinting as a move action

Feint (1d20 12=19)

All-out Attack 3 (Attack +3, Def -3)

Attack Roll (1d20 13=17)

Toughness save is +12 this time.))
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-09-23 at 01:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

3. - Top - End - #543
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Fight like a woman?" the girl mocks Tara. "Well that hardly seems fair given that you hit like a -"

At this point Tara hits her like a truck and whatever witty rejoinder she was going to come out with is cut short as she goes flying.

((Will to resist Startle (1d20 4=10), Toughness (one bruise) (1d20 7=19), is there a "tears streaming down cheeks" emoticon somewhere?))

4. - Top - End - #544
    Banned

Hurtling through the air she received Tara's warning. "I see. What makes you think that? Also can you handle her alone if not fall back so we can fight together." Extending the message to the rest of the group. "And what is the status, i cannot tell myself immediately."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Taltha spins in place as she instinctively brings her shield to bear to deflect the incoming laser. At least mister Rosenberg had put Chen back in her feet while she defended herself. Please, be more careful, she begs mentally. The mere thought of Chen bleeding on the ground makes her mind choke.

But now everyone is fighting and splitting up, and her head is spinning. And she's not sure they're managing to cover every flank, and miss Severn was alone against a captain and she couldn't even come to help, and...

Enough.

Please, enough.

Taltha's eyes gleam dangerously for a brief millisecond there. Then she's back to her normal self, but still does a sweeping motion with her staff - which lets go of a spent artridge with a soundless motion - as she commands the energy chains to attack and grasp like constrictor snakes, and her mind is again working quickly, though she's not completely caught on what her teammates are saying yet.

((Field of Chains spell on the incoming group. +1 rank via cartridge))
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-09-23 at 03:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lucius was quite glad to see Chen back at full strength, and seeing a couple of robots take shots at Mireio, he moves toward them and aims Bohrer at it, hoping to take a shot at it. Though he did sneeze though he couldn't tell why. If in range, Bohrer changes form and says, "Final Burst" as the launched large drill was sent flying at the robot.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Lucius isn't close enough to attack, he'll instead Vanish, make an illusion that the white hair girl can see. Taking ten on my attack if I can.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+8)[20]
    (7d20)[4][3][6][10][16][15][14](68)
    (7d20)[17][4][12][7][3][16][8](67)

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

(2d20)[19][1](20)
    (2d20)[6][1](7)
    (5d20)[2][4][5][19][2](32)

Lucius' attack just grazes the robot's armor, not damaging it seriously.

Taltha's chains entangle the robots, additionally reinforced by the cartridge's power! Only one of the large robots and one of the normal ones are able to move at all, and both of them try to shoot at her but fail miserably.

The large robot at the roof turns around into the direction of Lucius and charges at him, smashing him with its fist!
    (Toughness save DC 23, deals bruises.)
    The other robot on the west continues shooting at Mireio, but she dodges the attack easily.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-23 at 04:56 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #549

"toughness" - (1d20+10)[20]

"Barrier" Lucius holds Bohrer in position to block the attack, however, the barrier is broken as the punch connects, though the blow was greatly weakened and he is still going easily.
    I think I got this one, try to capture her if we can. He mentally communicates to his teammates as Bohrer became a very large drill as he attempted to spear the robot, though the fact his teammates are in danger may explain his very poor swing.
    Last edited by Dragoon; 2008-09-23 at 10:00 PM. Reason: I failed my save (sad)

10. - Top - End - #550

Tara is either relieved or disappointed to see that the other girl regains alertness before hitting anything else on her way down and rights herself, looking unsteady but still in the fight, though not able to do much more than bring her spear up into a defensive position.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Banned

She had to get rid of the robot so she could help the others. Tara was fighting alone against an enemy who was very likely to be stronger than her. And Taltha and Chen were surrounded by robots and fighting their own battle.

Leveling Yoichi so it pointed at the big robot, the revolver chamber mounted in the bow spun three times expelling a spent cartridge. Energy arrows started swarming around her as she fixed her gaze on the robot. "Armor Pierce" Strain began showing on her face as the arrows swarmed faster. "Spreadfire version"

Attack - (1d20+10)[24]
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-09-24 at 05:07 PM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+11)[14]
    Mireio's attack heavily damages the robot, turning its armor into Swiss cheese and causing several small explosions inside, as well as knocking it back, off the hospital's roof and down to the ground below, where it lands with a loud clank.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-24 at 07:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Tara winds up for a heavy blow. "I hate to just beat you up, but my friends need my help, and I can't just leave you hanging around. I promise we'll have a nice talk when you're in jail. Hyaaaaaaa!"

She whips her beam ribbon forward, spinning it into a spiral of pain.

(Power Attack -5/+5, Damage is +15.

Attack Roll (1d20 5=22))
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #554

Toughness (1d20 6=24)

"Y-"

Tara's strike smashes right through her opponent's shield and sends her flying again, righting herself some distance away and having lost most of her earlier composure.

15. - Top - End - #555

"Need help, Mr Rosenberg?" Chen gasps, staring at the melee above the rooftops. Without waiting for an answer, she's off again, she's swooping upwards in a rush of speed, arms splaying outwards in a bid to land a blow boosted by her momentum

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge Strike - (1d20+12)[18]

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[18]
    (3d20)[9][6][4](19)
    (4d20)[14][4][18][14](50)

Chen slams into the robot Mireio's attack threw into the air before it manages to hit the ground, sending it flying like a missile. The machine leaves a long trail in the ground upon hitting it, and then explodes.

The last remaining robot on the west side, taking advantage of the situation, leaps up on the roof and shoots a beam at Chen before landing.
    (DC 22, bruises, you know the drill)

On the east, Taltha's chains must be weakening, because two of the robots (including a large one) manage to break them! The not-completely-bound ones continue shooting at her, but she avoids the attacks. The hospital's wall, on the other hand, doesn't seem to take this constant cannonade well...

"Ha." Tara suddenly hears a familiar voice! And not in a good way... on a large tree's branch, her sword resting on her shoulder, stands... the red-and-black-dressed woman from the warehouse! "Knew you merry bunch of friends would appear here." She looks at Tara's opponent. "What's the matter? Having trouble? Isn't this one the type you're supposedly strong against?"
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-25 at 09:32 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #557
    Banned

Letting robot be robot, Mireio took off in the direction Tara had headed in. "Lucius, Chen. Deal with this robot and then support Taltha. I am going to help Tara. Chen, you come help us when the robots are dealt with. Lucius and Taltha you keep watch here unless we ask for aid. More enemies might be around."

As she got closer she saw the scene in front of her. Tara was not just up against an unknown enemy commander, but against the woman from the warehouse as well. Wasting no time ascertaining the situation, she raised Yoichi to aim at the woman. They had barely driven her off last time while Tara had held her own against the other girl, she was clearly the greater threat here. The revolver chamber spun again once more expelling spent cartridges. "Spreadfire. Full Power!" A continuous stream of green flew from the bow straight towards the woman.

Attack - (1d20+15)[35]

(So i use three cartridges to add the autofire quality to my basic blast attack and all-out attack for an extra +5 to hit. That is +10 damage, +5 because i crit as well as whatever i get from autofire. Somehow i get the feeling that this is going to hurt.)
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-09-25 at 10:04 AM.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20)[14]

"Ack...! Damnit!" The woman notices Mireio's attack too late - she tries to raise a protective shield, but is too slow, and the hail of arrows throws her off the tree's branch and into the bushes on the ground, further away. (1 bruise + stunned)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-25 at 10:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Tara smirks playfully. "I hoped you'd be here. I've gotten a lot better since--" and then she's hit with a facefull of energy arrows.

She turns toward Mireio. "I'd complain about ruining my big duel," she says, a beaming smile on her face, "but that was way too awesome! Thanks!"

Looking between the two stunned enemies, Tara judges the warehouse lady the bigger threat and clobbers her with a knockout attack.

(Power Attack 5 on NPC lady. I'll try to move into range where I can hit both of them in case this knocks her out and I can Takedown Attack.

Attack Roll (1d20 5=14) (Damage +15, and I hope she took a fair bit of Dodge Focus))
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #560

The girl in white has recovered a bit of her swagger and puts on an aggrieved air.

"This one has the devil's own luck. Well, they say the gods protect fools." And they're better than you made them out to be, she adds mentally.

Then the archer shows up.

...As demonstrated, she adds snidely.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

The woman rolls out of the bushes, avoiding Tara's attack just by an inch, and gets up on her legs slowly.
    "Good job - I'm really pissed off now. You better take your best shots at me or you'll regret it!"

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562

"That was impressive!" spear-girl tells Mireio. "Very protective, mama bear. Is this one your cub?" She smirks.

"Really, it makes me feel a little bad about this."

She brings her device up to point at the archer. Its voice finally shows a little emotion - understandable frustration. "Abolish!"

The hairs on the back of Mireio's neck stand up as something intangible and unpleasant narrowly misses her. The girl grimaces.

"But not that bad, obviously."

Attack (1d20 9=16) which should hit with the penalty from All-out Attack... right? doesn't hit because Mireio is too far away (next time, Gadget!).
    Last edited by kamikasei; 2008-09-25 at 01:59 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Banned

The woman was right, now was their best chance of stopping her. She had to try, she just had to. Yoichi cycled through the last three cartridges in the revolver chamber as single arrow streamed towards the woman. "You are absolutely correct, now is our best chance of stopping you." She expanded her talking to a mental message to her unit as well as the captain of the ground forces. "Captain, can you spare troops to deal with the robots coming from the side? The woman from the warehouse is here and we need the help of the rest of the woman but cannot leave the hospital unprotected. And the rest of you, if the captain can spare the men come to help me and Tara, as soon as he confirms it. The situation is critical."

Despite her will to defeat the woman the arrows went well past the target and just gouged holes in the ground. Not exactly an optimal situation for her. Really if they didn't finish this up soon they were done for.

(I try to use Seeker against the woman, using all-out attack again. The dice hate me though so i have no success on it, at least not this round. I get to roll attack for it for the next two rounds or until it hits.

Attack - (1d20+15)[16])
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-09-25 at 02:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground

That woman is here too? Taltha thinks, a bit scared, as she blocks the incoming lasers. Last fight with her didn't exactly end well for their side. They had to finish quickly and concentrate firepower on the two captains as soon as possible. But these shoddy-made scrap heaps just wouldn't stop appearing, and the hospital was already taking way too much damage for her liking, even trying as she was to shield it.

Taltha contacts Cayman mentally Commander, this is Oresia from the Mobile Unit. Do we have any estimate from command as to how many robots are left whole and incoming? There is a bit of something underneath her voice, hidden, but if the receiver is a perceptive man, he will likely know she's thinking of something.

(I'm just talking as a free action right now - I'll take my actual turn after he answers. Also, curses, ninja'd by Terra )
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-09-25 at 02:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Grr," Tara says. "You're supposed to get hit when you've been stunned. Now...Noble Ether! Go!"

"Razor Wind"

Assuming Mireio's at least fifty feet distant, Tara holds her Device close, focuses, and with a thought, sends circular bands of crimson energy out from her location, slicing through a few unfortunate trees, and, hopefully, her two opponents.

(50' Radius Burst Strike, +10 Damage, DC 20 Reflex for half)
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566

Reflex (1d20 12=18)
    Toughness (1d20 6=15)

The girl in white manages to dodge all but one of the blasts and bring her silver-bracered arms up to block the last, but the pressure knocks her back and into a tree trunk, winding her.

((Stunned, another bruise))

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

(2d20)[6][6](12)

"The whole outside team is already engaging the enemy at the front, and with those recent reinforcements there's around thirty of them and we need everyone here!"
    Explosion-caused static distrupts the transmission for a second.
    "I can send you some of the soldiers from the hospital for help - this will thin our defense in case enemies reach the inside, but as long as we're guarding here it will not happen!"

The woman deflects Mireio's arrow with her sword, sending it flying back, and immediately after blocks Tara's attack. When it finishes, however, both she and her outfit have several more cuts, in addition to those caused previously by Spreadfire. (1 bruise).

People who haven't moved in turn X yet: Taltha, Chen, Lucius
    People who moved in turn X: Mireio
    People who moved in turn X+1: Tara
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-25 at 06:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay turntracker!

Toughness - (1d20+10)[26]

At the sight of the leaping robot, Chen is already charging through the air once more. a riar curdling in her throat, to engage the robot before it even lands on the ground. The robot's attack slams into her right arm at point-blank range, and even though her gauntlet takes the brunt of the blow, it sends Chen's slight frame spinning into the air.

But even as she flies away, Chen grabs the robot's outstretched gun barrel, and pivots around to attack in a roundhouse kick maneuver.

[roll=Charging Attack]1d02+12[/roll]

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

(2d20)[15][1](16)
    Chen's kick is so powerful that it shatters the robot to small pieces, leaving only the part she's holding more or less intact.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-09-26 at 09:26 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #570

"Thanks for the help, Chen, geez, it seems like I need to step it up like everyone else." Seeing the large robot attack Taltha, and hoping that Chen will be enough to help Mireio and Tara take down those two, since there were obviously hurting. He flies at the large robot that attacked the hospital, We need to watch out for the building being breached, that might endanger the patients. He mentally communicates before swinging Bohrer, "Mega Drill Breaker."

Spoiler
    Show
    "attack" - (1d20+8)[28]
    If Lucius can't get that close this round, he'll instead shoot Final Burst at the large robot, so subtract 2 from the roll.